Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252368 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Tournefort

Richmond, IN

#788896 Oct 30, 2012

"The Warrior Ethos: Why We Leave No One Behind"
By Nate Rawlings May 17, 2012

"In the U.S. Armed Forces, we don’t leave anyone behind. It’s one of the basic pillars of what the Army calls the Warrior Ethos:“I will never leave a fallen comrade....”

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2012/05/17/the-warrior...

Seemingly our Commander in Chief didn't feel that the US Armed Forces' "leave no one behind" Warrior Ethos applied to our ambassador in Benghazi.

Fortunately he doesn't feel the same about the folks whose lives have been unpended by Sandy.
Homer

Effort, PA

#788897 Oct 30, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Dylan wrote that stuff when he was opposing Democrat LBJ's criminal war....so just about all college students agreed.....
Calm down. I'm happy all you rightwingers like Dylan. Homer is a big Dylan fan.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#788898 Oct 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Rightwingers quoting, citing, singing Bob Dylan songs. Homer has officially seen everything.
Homer doesn't know sh*t about celebrities much less reality in general. Surprisingly, Mr. Dylan has some very conservative views.
carol

Orlando, FL

#788899 Oct 30, 2012
Speaking of Bob Dylan and politics...Dylan prefers to remain ambiguous, to take the larger, historical view. One would assume that Dylan might have some nasty things to say about George W. Bush. But no! Dylan saw the Bush years as an era, like any other, that will pass. He said:

"As far as blaming [the economy] on the last president, think of it this way: The same folks who had held him in such high regard came to despise him. Isn’t it funny that they’re the very same people who once loved him? People are fickle. Their loyalty can turn at the drop of a hat."

Dylan was a supporter of Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign, saying Obama is someone who is “redefining the nature of politics from the ground up.” But Dylan took his usual insightful, detached stance later, and compared Obama to all other presidents, saying:

"He’ll be the best president he can be. Most of those guys come into office with the best of intentions and leave as beaten men. Johnson would be a good example of that… Nixon, Clinton in a way, Truman, all the rest of them going back. You know, it’s like they all fly too close to the sun and get burned."

This sort of comment is indicative of the sort of person Dylan really is, a social critic, someone who sees the big picture and isn’t fooled by the devil in the details.

http://hollowverse.com/bob-dylan/

That's all I ask, Homer, see the big picture and don't be fooled by the devil in the details.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788900 Oct 30, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney: end FEMA!
HEY 8 MILLION WITHOUT POWER!
huddled in a flood.
Mitt Romney said screw YOU!
(gov Christie praises OBAMA and FEMA today!)
TRUTH!
get some lying rightwinger scumbag!
FEMA lacks the ability to restore power to even one single customer.....only private enterprise can do that....
Homer

Effort, PA

#788901 Oct 30, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer doesn't know sh*t about celebrities much less reality in general. Surprisingly, Mr. Dylan has some very conservative views.
GFY. Homer has some very conservative views.
Homer

Effort, PA

#788902 Oct 30, 2012
carol wrote:
Speaking of Bob Dylan and politics...Dylan prefers to remain ambiguous, to take the larger, historical view. One would assume that Dylan might have some nasty things to say about George W. Bush. But no! Dylan saw the Bush years as an era, like any other, that will pass. He said:
"As far as blaming [the economy] on the last president, think of it this way: The same folks who had held him in such high regard came to despise him. Isn’t it funny that they’re the very same people who once loved him? People are fickle. Their loyalty can turn at the drop of a hat."
Dylan was a supporter of Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign, saying Obama is someone who is “redefining the nature of politics from the ground up.” But Dylan took his usual insightful, detached stance later, and compared Obama to all other presidents, saying:
"He’ll be the best president he can be. Most of those guys come into office with the best of intentions and leave as beaten men. Johnson would be a good example of that… Nixon, Clinton in a way, Truman, all the rest of them going back. You know, it’s like they all fly too close to the sun and get burned."
This sort of comment is indicative of the sort of person Dylan really is, a social critic, someone who sees the big picture and isn’t fooled by the devil in the details.
http://hollowverse.com/bob-dylan/
That's all I ask, Homer, see the big picture and don't be fooled by the devil in the details.
LOL! I've been asking this of you for the last 4 years.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788903 Oct 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure he hates rightwingers, try not to say much if you ever meet him.
Bob Dylan spoke to a generation, regardless of politics.....
carol

Orlando, FL

#788904 Oct 30, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama specializes in giving away other people's money and then taking credit for his personal generosity....
Romney held a "storm relief event" in Kettering, Ohio, at the same arena as his previously scheduled political rally.

Romney's campaign spokesman, Kevin Madden, said the campaign was in contact with local relief organizations and the Red Cross to make sure the supplies they were collecting Tuesday would be useful.

"We checked to make sure the supplies would be helpful and welcomed as part of our volunteer effort. And our own volunteers will be personally delivering the supplies to the relief center," Madden said.

...This is the difference between a doer and serving others and a dreamer and hoodwinking blind loyalists.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788905 Oct 30, 2012
redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I like Dylan. maybe you know this Dylan song someday baby.on modern times.
there was a time when the listener could understand the words on a Dylan song....but not for the last 30 years or so.....
carol

Orlando, FL

#788906 Oct 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>GFY. Homer has some very conservative views.
I couldn't be any happier, Homer.
Homer

Effort, PA

#788907 Oct 30, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob Dylan spoke to a generation, regardless of politics.....
Yeah but somewhere along the way you rightwingers got lost, succumbed to your own selfishness, became bitter, nasty old men and women.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#788908 Oct 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>GFY. Homer has some very conservative views.
GFY and do it Liberally, Dood.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788909 Oct 30, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
They do-there's no such thing as "insurance premium charities"--for the HONEST, decent, ethical, WORK and earn it themselves types anyway.
Ever had to clean up after a major flood? Absolutely draining.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Leadership for "ALL" of America again-NOT just "some"!!!
sure, but if you buy a house on the beach you should understand the risks......
Homer

Effort, PA

#788910 Oct 30, 2012
Jokerman - Bob Dylan

Standing on the waters casting your bread
While the eyes of the idol with the iron head are glowing
Distant ships sailing into the mist
You were born with a snake in both of your fists while a hurricane was blowing
Freedom just around the corner for you
But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?

Jokerman dance to the nightingale tune
Bird fly high by the light of the moon
Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman

So swiftly the sun sets in the sky
You rise up and say goodbye to no one
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread
Both of their futures, so full of dread, you don’t show one
Shedding off one more layer of skin
Keeping one step ahead of the persecutor within

Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman

You’re a man of the mountains, you can walk on the clouds
Manipulator of crowds, you’re a dream twister
You’re going to Sodom and Gomorrah
But what do you care? Ain’t nobody there would want to marry your sister
Friend to the martyr, a friend to the woman of shame
You look into the fiery furnace, see the rich man without any name

Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman

Well, the Book of Leviticus and Deuteronomy
The law of the jungle and the sea are your only teachers
In the smoke of the twilight on a milk-white steed
Michelangelo indeed could’ve carved out your features
Resting in the fields, far from the turbulent space
Half asleep near the stars with a small dog licking your face

Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman

Well, the rifleman’s stalking the sick and the lame
Preacherman seeks the same, who’ll get there first is uncertain
Nightsticks and water cannons, tear gas, padlocks
Molotov cocktails and rocks behind every curtain
False-hearted judges dying in the webs that they spin
Only a matter of time ’til night comes steppin’ in

Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman

It’s a shadowy world, skies are slippery grey
A woman just gave birth to a prince today and dressed him in scarlet
He’ll put the priest in his pocket, put the blade to the heat
Take the motherless children off the street
And place them at the feet of a harlot
Oh, Jokerman, you know what he wants
Oh, Jokerman, you don’t show any response

Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#788911 Oct 30, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stretching the TRUTH..jussssttttt a little Eman lol.
Ok, you caught me. lol

But in my defense, I was just playing along with the loony left wingers on here.
Homer

Effort, PA

#788912 Oct 30, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
GFY and do it Liberally, Dood.
That was harsh.
Homer

Effort, PA

#788913 Oct 30, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, but if you buy a house on the beach you should understand the risks......
The ex got the beach house eh?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#788914 Oct 30, 2012
Mrs-Jessica-D wrote:
Barack Obama is going to win on November 6 2012 4 more years>>>>> We Are Going Forward>>>>>
True words and logic on the board!
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788915 Oct 30, 2012
redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea, but Romney beat me ,your his trophy now sigh!!Aren't you the little licker a few posts back?
Many people believe you make as much sense as an Obama supporter, which means no sense at all after 4 years of Obamafailure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min jh4freedom 192,494
aggy-6-30-15 53 min Kuuipo 21
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,003
Amy 7-6-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 7-6-15 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 4
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ariel Sharon 70,151
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Doug77 6,151
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr nonattorney spoke... 99,922
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages