Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788588 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
My simplistic take on this article is that it sounds like an apology article to go along with Obama's apology tour. I understand the concept of American not having the right to inflict its will on other countries, just as I understand the concept of this world needing SOMEONE with morals regarding human rights needing to stand for that no matter what. The jihadists would glady go for world domination and take away all rights from all peoples; therefore, someone strong should stand against it. I also see how some American greed and avarice would also affect those interactions.
I didn't even listen to Mitt's statement right after Benghazi. I just felt it was important that if we DO send American ambassadors to other countries, we should also have whatever is necessary to keep them safe available to them at all times, and apparently this administration did not take those precautions, nor as now is apparent, even send help AFTER the attack started. I feel this administration failed in that regard, kn that responsibility to our citizens, and my opinion has nothing to do with Mitt Romney.
What apology tour?

Which fact checker would you like? Politifact? FactCheck? American Conservative? This is the internet. Where truncated quotes can fact checked for full context.

But I agree with the rest of that paragraph. The second wanders into opinion, which I care not to take as the gospel until we know the full story.

What Happened in Benghazi

Though I am in no way a fan of President Obama’s foreign and security policies, the flailing that the Republican Party is engaging in at the moment to demonstrate some kind of cover-up in the aftermath of the Benghazi attack reveals a complete lack of understanding of how intelligence collection and analysis works. David Ignatius explores the subject in an op-ed,“CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks.”

Ignatius observes that intelligence is developed when something happens and that evidence is frequently “fragmentary and conflicting.” While there may be such a thing as incontrovertible facts relating to any incident, that solid information is something that frequently cannot be easily discerned. Ignatius notes that Republicans have been beating Obama over the head most recently with the assertion that there was a CIA Station Chief cable the day after the killing of the ambassador that indicated that the attack had been planned and organized by a militant group. But I would bet that there were at least 15 other reports that went out the same day that provided alternative scenarios. If you intercept a cell phone call in which someone is claiming credit for organizing an attack, is he speaking the truth or is he boasting and trying to take credit for some reason or other? If a source in a militia is claiming that he knows who ordered the attack, does he have an agenda that is driving his claim? All of that has to be sorted out, which takes time and cross checking.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/intell...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788589 Oct 30, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Rightwing propaganda?
The deaths in Benghazi are not a partisan issue. They are an American tragedy.
And a failure of an inept, incompetent Liberal President and Administration who certainly DID "allow" the crisis unfolding before their eyes in real time, to lead to the DEATHS of Four Americans. And then continued to LIE about it.
Yes. I believe the POS stumping as president ...
"Let Them Die" to appease his Muslim Brethren.
"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
~Barack HUSSEIN Obama
'Cause he certainly DIDN'T STAND WITH THE AMERICANS trapped in Benghazi when the political winds shift(ed) in an ugly direction AGAINST those AMERICNS.
Obama OWNS these Deaths. And America is repulsed.
Yeah! Talk about "Let Them Die" in a new context.
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not. You are buying into rightwing propaganda. The only ones still chewing on this bone is Fox.
Nothing about it anywhere else at all.
Do you honestly think that the President of the United States wants anyone to die? Come on now, be real.
President Barack Obama said for the first time on Tuesday that he ultimately was responsible for the safety of four Americans who were killed in Libya last month, but denounced as "offensive" Republican charges that the White House initially resisted labeling the incident a terrorist attack.

The suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the secretary of state, our U.N. ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we've lost four of our own, governor, is offensive," Mr. Obama said. "That's not what we do."

The debate followed interviews given Monday by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, where she defended the White House's actions in Libya and said the State Department was in charge of security at the consulate in Benghazi.

However, Mr. Obama said: "I'm the president. And I'm always responsible
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788590 Oct 30, 2012
Logic wrote:
If Romney is so rich and a stand up guy, why is he in Ohio taking donations for the victims of Sandy?
because he believes in private charity instead of taxpayer extortion....

Democrats do not believe in charity when they can steal instead....
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#788591 Oct 30, 2012
Imagine an America
Where strip mines are fun and free
Where gays can be fixed
And sick people just die
And oil fills the sea
We don’t have to pay for freeways!
Our schools are good enough
Give us endless wars
On foreign shores
And lots of Chinese stuff
We’re the children of the future
American through and through
But something happened to our country
And we’re kinda blaming you
We haven’t killed all the polar bears
But it’s not for lack of trying
Big Bird is sacked
The Earth is cracked
And the atmosphere is frying
Congress went home early
They did their best we know
You can’t cut spending
With elections pending
Unless it’s welfare dough
Find a park that is still open
And take a breath of poison air
They foreclosed your place
To build a weapon in space
But you can write off your au pair
It’s a little awkward to tell you
But you left us holding the bag
When we look around
The place is all dumbed down
And the long term’s kind of a drag
And yeah, we’re blaming you
You did your best
You failed the test
Mom and Dad
We’re blaming you!
What is wrong with this song? Carol?
1 - An airhead posted it
2 - Democrats abusing kids and making it
3 - It reeks of Hitler Youth & propoganda

Does that help, airhead?
brown eyes

Salem, VA

#788592 Oct 30, 2012
Romney wants to privatize FEMA. Save money not lives.
carol

Orlando, FL

#788593 Oct 30, 2012
Imagine an America
Where strip mines are fun and free
Where gays can be fixed
And sick people just die
And oil fills the sea
We don’t have to pay for freeways!
Our schools are good enough
Give us endless wars
On foreign shores
And lots of Chinese stuff
We haven’t killed all the polar bears
But it’s not for lack of trying
Big Bird is sacked
The Earth is cracked
And the atmosphere is frying
Congress went home early
They did their best we know
You can’t cut spending
With elections pending
Unless it’s welfare dough
Find a park that is still open
And take a breath of poison air
They foreclosed your place
To build a weapon in space
But you can write off your au pair
It’s a little awkward to tell you
But you left us holding the bag
When we look around
The place is all dumbed down
And the long term’s kind of a drag
And yeah, we’re blaming you
You did your best
You failed the test
Mom and Dad
We’re blaming you!
What is wrong with this song? Carol?
They "got left holding the bag" thanks to government spending out of control.$6 trillion more in just the past four years.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788594 Oct 30, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I've never even been on unemployment, Loser, but "White on Rice" admitted going to Canada to get "socialized" healthcare. Why so slow on the uptake?
so you say, but you can't prove anything...and you act like a welfare queen.....
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#788595 Oct 30, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty sure I was discounting what Woods Sr had to say to Glenda Beck, Lars Larson and the FOX fools he got paid for talking to. Put up "seniors" military record and we'll discuss it eh?
Sadly misinformed again pal??? What else is new?
How's the weather on the moon?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

#788596 Oct 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Same article:
"Ms. Jarrett came to Washington with NO NATIONAL EXPERIENCE. But her UNMATCHED ACCESS TO THE OBAMAS has made her A DRIVING FORCE in some of the MOST SIGNIFICANT DOMESTIC POLICY DECISIONS of the president’s first term, HER PERSUASIVE POWER only amplified by Mr. Obama’s insular management style."
In other words, she made the man who he is and tells him everything to do and say.
You right whiners are really quire ridiculous.

Bush relied far more on Karl Rove than Obama does with Ms Jarret.

You just take the complaints made against Bush & make up lies to project therm onto Obama.

It is really pathetic.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#788597 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
No. I do not think that it is the governments business what a woman decides to do.
Rape is not always easily proved; I completely reject the notion that a woman has to go on trial to get permission to abort the rapists baby.
54% of rapes go unreported; if the victim then finds she is pregnant as a result of the assault, it would then be too late.
I do not buy into the premise that women use abortion as a means of birth control; no one wants to have an abortion. People make mistakes and bringing an unwanted child into the world does no one a favor, especially the child.
I agree that prevention is preferable; but human beings are not perfect.
Re partial birth abortions; I do not believe that this is used very often with the exception being the danger of the life of the mother; in which case the decision is between her and her doctor. Not some religious zealot on a power trip.
I had just posted asking if you answered this, right before I saw this answer.

I must say, I am disappointed in your response. Oh well.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#788599 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah, why doesn't he write a big fat check to the Red Cross?
Why doesn't Obama let Trump write a $5,000,000,000 check to the charieties of Obama's choice if he would simply release his communist (cough cough, college) transcipts?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788600 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
yeah....Joe Biden contributed $2.00....his entire charity budget for the year....
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS

Woodbridge, VA

#788601 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh, you are so damn jealous. How do you know Mitt hasn't given money? You are so jeallous of others that have done better in life than you did. I know you don't like Mitt, but I bet if he was to write your sorry ass out a big fat check, you won't refuse it, and would grab it out of his hands really fast, before the ink even had time to dry on it. LOL
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#788603 Oct 30, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Romney wants to privatize FEMA. Save money not lives.
Obama wants to send people to his own war zones and then let them die due to his malfeasance and political ambition/corruption.

Save our ambassadors.

Vite Romney 2012!

Ocala, FL

#788604 Oct 30, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Ugh.
Indoctrinated lib-kids sing about how horrible the world will be if we don’t reelect Obama
Apparently this was put together by a San Francisco ad team that believes Romney will kill the planet or something. It’s a horrible song and it’s the left using kids that have no idea what they are really promoting to push their leftist agenda.
Watch:
Let’s Make These Children Cry
http://theothermccain.com/2012/10/27/lets-mak...
Shades of Nazi Youth Camp.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788605 Oct 30, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>SAN CLEMENTE, CALIF.—For most of her 100 years, Minka Disbrow tried to find out what became of the precious baby girl she gave up for adoption after being raped as a teen.
She hoped, but never imagined, she’d see her Betty Jane again.
The cruel act of violence bore in Disbrow an enduring love for the child. She kept a black and white photograph of the baby bundled in blankets and tucked inside a basket.
It was the last she saw of the girl — until the phone rang in her California apartment in 2006 with the voice of an Alabama man and a story she could have only dreamed.
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/110...
From the comments:

What I choose not to judge is someone's motivations for having an abortion. It is very easy to dismiss the reasons as "oh, well, she just didn't want the kid" or "it was just inconvenient for her to be pregnant." But the reasons might not always be that simple and I choose not to judge until I have learned all the facts. But I support legalized choice because the alternative is to reduce women to the status of "property" once they become pregnant. The fact of the matter is that, regardless of the law, desperate women will always find ways to end their pregnancies and if we make abortion illegal, then some of these women will die in back alley butcheries. Did you think of that? I don't think I will ever fathom the conservative psyche, which puts the life of a potential human being before the life of a breathing, living, thinking human being. Especially when many of these conservatives cry foul whenever measures are put in place (such as socialized healthcare, daycare etc.) that might actually encourage more women to keep their babies. Until the anti-choice movement shows as much concern for the "born" as they do for the "unborn", I think you will still remain a minority opinion.
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS

Woodbridge, VA

#788606 Oct 30, 2012
redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey , your forum name is a bit out there don,t you think? God probably didn't endorse Romney, based on telling lies and more lies.Maybe confession oh that's right he's a Mormon. Poor Clint the republicans put him out there. So the world now know how bad his dementia is getting.
Terms "Left" and "Right": A little Bible study

Remember what Jesus said:'Goats on the left,
sheep on the right'.

To Peter,'if you want to catch fish do it from the
right side of the boat. They did and filled the boat.

Origins of Left and Right...I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left”.

By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen.

Can't get any simpler than that.

Spelling Lesson
The last four letters in American... I Can
The last four letters in Republican...I Can
The last four letters in Democrats...Rats
End of lesson.

Civics Test to follow on November 6, 2012

Remember,November is to be set aside as rodent removal month.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#788607 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
What apology tour?
Which fact checker would you like? Politifact? FactCheck? American Conservative? This is the internet. Where truncated quotes can fact checked for full context.
But I agree with the rest of that paragraph. The second wanders into opinion, which I care not to take as the gospel until we know the full story.
What Happened in Benghazi
Though I am in no way a fan of President Obama’s foreign and security policies, the flailing that the Republican Party is engaging in at the moment to demonstrate some kind of cover-up in the aftermath of the Benghazi attack reveals a complete lack of understanding of how intelligence collection and analysis works. David Ignatius explores the subject in an op-ed,“CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks.”
Ignatius observes that intelligence is developed when something happens and that evidence is frequently “fragmentary and conflicting.” While there may be such a thing as incontrovertible facts relating to any incident, that solid information is something that frequently cannot be easily discerned. Ignatius notes that Republicans have been beating Obama over the head most recently with the assertion that there was a CIA Station Chief cable the day after the killing of the ambassador that indicated that the attack had been planned and organized by a militant group. But I would bet that there were at least 15 other reports that went out the same day that provided alternative scenarios. If you intercept a cell phone call in which someone is claiming credit for organizing an attack, is he speaking the truth or is he boasting and trying to take credit for some reason or other? If a source in a militia is claiming that he knows who ordered the attack, does he have an agenda that is driving his claim? All of that has to be sorted out, which takes time and cross checking.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/intell...
We're talking about the Apology Tour Obama made when he went around the world insulting the United States.
It couldn't have been more of an Apology Tour if Obama was holding a sign saying "I'm sorry" in one hand, and a tin cup in the other.

Yup, that apology tour, dufus.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

#788608 Oct 30, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to ask the same question the Americans dying in Benghazi asked ... and was recorded for us to listen to today:
Where's the Spectre?(That's the AC-130 gunship deployed in Libya for this exact reason.)
Why was the Spectre not deployed to the fight?
The Spectre was there for this exact reason.
The Force Recon Marines in Sigonella were there for this exact reason.
Why weren't they put into the fight?
So, you wanted to fly around a city & pound it with gunfire.

Just shoot the one's wearing the baseball caps with "terrorist" on the bill.

I realize that a revisionist historian & military expert like yourself thinks they know more than the military commanders.

I have news, you don't know sh*t.

Ocala, FL

#788610 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not all Dems. I work with rap musicians on a daily basis who have little love for Obama. But the stay at home thing would apply to most of them. They also have little love for Republicans.
You notice I didn't say 'conservatives'? Most black folks are conservatives in more ways than one.
I'm sure that's true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 37 min andet1987 4,726
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min LRS 178,105
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 53 min Mister Tonka 98,239
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 54 min Handcuff ottoman 137
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 46,741
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 49,882
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,402
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search