Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
730,461 - 730,480 of 1,084,425 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't want anyone to see his crapy grades and that he took a bunch of courses in anti-American subjects such as marxism.
It probably has more to do with the personal information on his applications. Just guessing.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of the whole point. The NYT is notoriously liberally biased. If they say Jarrett is who she is, you'd think you liberals would at least believe them if no one else.
The Democrats refused to rein in Fannie and Freddie - as did some Republicans - but the Democrats had a monopoly on keeping F*F alive and well. All the way up until the 11th hour and during the entire two years they controlled congress before the bottom fell out.
You should look up other sources to learn what really caused the house of cards to fall. It was much more complex than you try so hard to believe.
Oh I'm down with the whole power thing. It's the other BS that I have a problem with.

And lest you forget....

A bill to rein in F&F co-sponsored by Barney Frank.

Bush: The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...

The White House’s Fannie and Freddie “one-finger-salute”

A former Republican lawmaker says the White House and Greenspan sabotaged legislation aimed at fixing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

The House bill, the 2005 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act, would have created a stronger regulator with new powers to increase capital at Fannie and Freddie, to limit their portfolios and to deal with the possibility of receivership.

Mr Oxley reached out to Barney Frank, then the ranking Democrat on the committee and now its chairman, to secure support on the other side of the aisle. But after winning bipartisan support in the House, where the bill passed by 331 to 90 votes, the legislation lacked a champion in the Senate and faced hostility from the Bush administration.

Adamant that the only solution to the problems posed by Fannie and Freddie was their privatization, the White House attacked the bill. Mr Greenspan also weighed in, saying that the House legislation was worse than no bill at all.

Oxley isn’t too happy about all the criticism Congress is getting for letting Fannie and Freddie get too big.

“All the hand wringing and bedwetting is going on without remembering how the House stepped up on this,” he says.“What did we get from the White House? We got a one-finger salute.”
http://www.salon.com/2008/09/10/greenspan_bus...

Were there other factors? Yes. But somehow those seem to be the only ones conservatives will acknowledge.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
If only every right wing 'story' about Jarrett was true then I guess I wouldn't be such a sarcastic SOB.
Don't even ask me to discard that which is not true for what is. Goes to overall credibility don't you think?
You should read the history behind some of his csars. It'd blow your mind.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, do you expect him to be out there rescuing folks in person, or what??
Did you take Robme at face value, when he said he had expected Obama to stop the rise of the ocean, at the convention last summer...?
You do know Obama's not REALLY God, right?
Get a grip.
LOL! Why is it that you libtard Obama worshippers have no sense of humor? He was joking Poindextder.

Obama, god?

More like a Jive-Ass Punk the Demonbrats dumped on the American people because they didn't have anyone worthy.
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>They is Jo Becker a decent journalist I suppose, she co-owns a Pulitzer for Angler, a major league hatchet job on Dick Cheney.
Carol doesn't quite understand the whole journalism thing, or math thing, or the history thing etc.
She does have horoscopes down pretty good though.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like WVA got spanked with heavy snow in the higher elevations and it's freezing in some areas. CNN was showing some live footage from Snowshoe, very pretty place that is.
Great place to pick up chicks. I don't ski(bad ankles) but use to go there a lot. Dad has about 18" and lost power but he has a whole house generator so I'm sure he will have a house full.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
If only every right wing 'story' about Jarrett was true then I guess I wouldn't be such a sarcastic SOB.
Don't even ask me to discard that which is not true for what is. Goes to overall credibility don't you think?
Sad thing is, most of us have no firsthand, personal knowledge about things such as this, and we must choose what article or talking head we believe, based on our internal filters, our gut reactions, our logic, and comparison with the other side's probably biased point of view.

I tend to feel the MSM IS very protective of Obama and therefore, I am mistrustful of their motives. Many only see a racist point of view, and therefore, MSNBC rings true to them.

I'll be glad when this election is over and hope this country can get back to doing what's best for America rather than what's politically expedient.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, do you expect him to be out there rescuing folks in person, or what??
Did you take Robme at face value, when he said he had expected Obama to stop the rise of the ocean, at the convention last summer...?
You do know Obama's not REALLY God, right?
Get a grip.
"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus." - Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger." - Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama." - Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra." - Chicago Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being" - Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history" - Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light." - Michelle Obama

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." - Barack Obama

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

brush lee wrote:
sure why not de this generaarions answer to be thhe hope we have less cost for the library we beuilt on the islands will the text books cost more on Hawaii than texas or california?
I'm sorry...what did you just say?
AmericasAmerican s

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't the Donald offering $5 M for Romney's tax records? Maybe Romney paid him $6 M not to?
(what's the problem?) ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!
You've answered your own question
Romney's already met the request.

So like stated-WTH is the problem with the transcripts? Plenty of places to donate such a charitable contribution now!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012 -is RIGHT!
The REAL Economic Experience-FOR America again!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So she's better at her job than Rove was.
It's common knowledge that that's why you wingnuts hate her. Isn't it?
We know she is better than Barack Hussein Obama, but that doesn't take much?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
On file with the IRS? Which proves there's not a thing illegal or wrong with them, except something YOU may not like (i.e., he made a lot of money and got to keep a lot of it too.)
The IRS has no subpoena power in Switzerland or the Cayman Islands__Mitt is playing the game of "trust me folks."

His main problem year is 2009 a year of amnesty for American corporations and individuals who had been hiding money abroad as away of "evading taxes due." He has other problems as well.

Mitt Romney has a long history of guarding his financial information not to mention lying. He's deceitful, dishonest and nowhere near the best candidate the Republicans had to offer. Ron Paul called him liar on national TV and then laughed at him. Perry, Gingrich, and Cain despised Romney and his wife for their standoffish holier than thou behavior prior to and after the (R) debates and the RNC.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
But, but, but, "she heard it herself on FOX"
What a trip they are.
He said HE heard it on FOX too, Lily. Then he MISQUOTED it. You need to know what discussion you are jumping into. I know it's almost not possible to keep from insulting before you know the situation, but try,'k?

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. The man doesn't say what you want to hear so you dismiss him out of hand.
Big surprise. You're just as biased as any other right wing 'winner' on this thread.
Goes to credibility don't you think?
Oh wait...out of hand would mean I didn't listen to his argument. I hear him like I hear the others. He just seems to be on the wrong side of right to me many times. Seems like a nice guy though.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Losing the World

How the Benghazi debacle became a proxy for America's myth of domination

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

Excellent read.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>She does have horoscopes down pretty good though.
Speaking of which...here's yours for today.

Taurus

It is difficult to focus on the tasks at hand, as your mind drifts to the deeper questions of life and love. Discussions with friends unravel a new perspective, whilst heightened interest in the occult also reveals a fascinating alternative. Hidden signs and messages have future meaning. Allow them time to evolve.

...Hopefully, discussions with friends unravelling a new perspective will finally pay off on here...but stay away from those occults, okay?
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
All I've seen so far are accusations that she was involved in something purposely nefarious (sans citation).
But that would just be a guess wouldn't it? Which to an anti-brither such as myself, is humorous.
Anything to get elected,

During last week's presidential debate, realizing that he was taking a beating on the Medicare solvency issue, Barack Obama issued the following cri de coeur: "AARP thinks that the savings that we obtained from Medicare bolster the system, lengthen the Medicare trust fund by eight years." Later, after enduring several more blows to his credibility, the President went on to claim AARP agreed with him that Romney's plan would weaken Medicare. Oddly, the "senior advocacy organization" took offense at these remarks. Having provided full-throated support to the President and the Democrats on Obamacare, and resisted Medicare reform, AARP has begun to revert to its nonpartisan pose now that Obama appears to be in trouble.

On Thursday, AARP issued this statement: "AARP has never consented to the use of its name by any candidate or political campaign. AARP is a nonpartisan organization and we do not endorse political candidates nor coordinate with any candidate or political party." The hypocrisy of this statement is breathtaking. AARP actively supported Obama and congressional Democrats on Obamacare knowing full well that it would cut Medicare Advantage (MA), an enormously popular program among seniors, by $200 billion. This obvious betrayal of its members was driven by the knowledge that these MA cuts would force millions of seniors back to traditional Medicare and create a captive market for AARP's "Medigap" policies.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Just out - new development.

For the first time, now less than 50% of the people think Obama is going to win.

One week to go.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Burglary vs Homicide
Libya/Benghazi is making Watergate look like a low classified misdemeanor.
The fact they watched this atrocity unfold while sitting on their hands is unbelievable.
Then again, this administration has ordered the assassination of American citizens with complete disregard for due process, so...
It is absolutely mind boggling to me that you Republicans don't recognize the phony hypocrisy of your indignation over Obama's role in Benghazi while defending Bush's role in Iraq. Here we are years later still digging out from the devastation of a war based on faulty intelligence from a Republican president's staff that cost THOUSANDS of American lives and billions of dollars. This bogus intelligence was mulled over by Bush's people for WEEKS and they still phucked up! But you hypocrites rail against Obama's team for not making an INSTANT decision based on cloudy intelligence that could have put even more American lives at risk.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Gov. Christie: Obama Deserves ‘Great Credit’ For Storm Response
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said that President Obama deserves "great credit" for his response to Hurricane Sandy, during an appearance on "CBS This Morning" Tuesday. He said he had spoken to the president three times, including when Obama called him at midnight.
"I can't thank the president enough for that," Christie said, referring to the major disaster declaration Obama signed for New Jersey, expediting federal aid to the state. "Cooperation from the president of the United States has been outstanding. He deserves great credit."
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...
See, this country needs MORE leadership like Christie (and LESS bootlicking, lemming herd pack, brainless, partisan roboTics!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 min Paco Pinto 4,572
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,222
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,908
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 1 hr ronnie 4
glitch plagued obama care website cost us ameri... 2 hr hands on AR 1
More Violence in Chicago in a Violence Filled C... 2 hr Culture Auditor 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr truth 49,025
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr RACE 97,585
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••