Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
730,441 - 730,460 of 1,080,420 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
I think we should explore the creditability of the NY Times.....
Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble
There are plenty of culprits, like lenders who peddled easy credit, consumers who took on mortgages they could not afford and Wall Street chieftains who loaded up on mortgage-backed securities without regard to the risk.
But the story of how the United States got here is partly one of Bush's own making, according to a review of his tenure that included interviews with dozens of current and former administration officials.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
How can they be wrong? They got the story right about Jarrett didn't they?
So there ya go. Just shot down 20,000 nutjobs posts that tried to blame the Dems for the housing bust. Thanks carol.
They is Jo Becker a decent journalist I suppose, she co-owns a Pulitzer for Angler, a major league hatchet job on Dick Cheney.

Carol doesn't quite understand the whole journalism thing, or math thing, or the history thing etc.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Who cares?
Where are Mitts tax returns?
On file with the IRS? Which proves there's not a thing illegal or wrong with them, except something YOU may not like (i.e., he made a lot of money and got to keep a lot of it too.)
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

I don’t care what strategy Obama tries to adopt!! The reality of Obama’s policies has impact the American People reshuffling the cards a week out will not change the Pain the American People has endure for the Past Four Years!! Romney/Ryan
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Romney raising money at home of 'morning-after pill' exec

The $50,000-a-plate fundraiser Wednesday night is at the Miami home of Phil Frost, chairman of Teva Pharmaceuticals, which makes 'morning-after pills.' Mitt Romney opposes their use, calling them 'abortive pills.'

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2012/05...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Lordy, Lily..."nothing about it anywhere else at all"???
Who do you think is trying to get this president reelected because of journalistic corruption after getting him elected the first time by doing the very same thing - blacking out unpleasant news?
You won't hear anything about it if they have any say in the matter.
It's not going away. Let me assure you.
By the way, you should at least keep up with CNN.
CNN headline - "U.S. official says superiors worked against effort to boost Benghazi security"
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/10/politics/congre...
CNN has changed, it's getting into sensationalism like Fox, that Wolf Blitzer is a sniveling ass licker to the republicans.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead. Humorously reprise it. Let's see the references that prove otherwise, showing what a paragon of virtue Valarie Jarrit was in Chicago.
All I've seen so far are accusations that she was involved in something purposely nefarious (sans citation).

But that would just be a guess wouldn't it? Which to an anti-brither such as myself, is humorous.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
I think we should explore the creditability of the NY Times.....
Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble
There are plenty of culprits, like lenders who peddled easy credit, consumers who took on mortgages they could not afford and Wall Street chieftains who loaded up on mortgage-backed securities without regard to the risk.
But the story of how the United States got here is partly one of Bush's own making, according to a review of his tenure that included interviews with dozens of current and former administration officials.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
How can they be wrong? They got the story right about Jarrett didn't they?
So there ya go. Just shot down 20,000 nutjobs posts that tried to blame the Dems for the housing bust. Thanks carol.
That's kind of the whole point. The NYT is notoriously liberally biased. If they say Jarrett is who she is, you'd think you liberals would at least believe them if no one else.

The Democrats refused to rein in Fannie and Freddie - as did some Republicans - but the Democrats had a monopoly on keeping F*F alive and well. All the way up until the 11th hour and during the entire two years they controlled congress before the bottom fell out.

You should look up other sources to learn what really caused the house of cards to fall. It was much more complex than you try so hard to believe.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's not. You are buying into rightwing propaganda.
Wrong.

Conflicting network news stories, contradictory quotes, and damning e-mails prove the only people buying the propaganda are you Obama lovers.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
On file with the IRS? Which proves there's not a thing illegal or wrong with them, except something YOU may not like (i.e., he made a lot of money and got to keep a lot of it too.)
No one is implying illegality. The implication is that Mitt has paid less tax than people who make $50,000 a year. He has paid income tax to foreign countries, hedged bets against US currency.
He has employed lobbyists, lawyers and accountants to create such a quagmire of money laundering schemes to avoid paying taxes that it would take years to comb through it.
It's a matter of ethics; he wants to be President?'
A money launderer and tax evader?
Mitt would take any advantage to make money, doesn't matter at whose expense, at the expense of the health of others, at the expense of peoples losing their jobs and retirement funds, at the expense of the vendors and creditors of the companies he raids.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
Massive flooding in several major U.S. cities. Record storm surge. Power outages. Levees have failed. Multiple fatalities. People are seeking safety on their roofs. Scores are homeless. WHERE THE HELL IS OBAMA!?!?!
Seriously, do you expect him to be out there rescuing folks in person, or what??

Did you take Robme at face value, when he said he had expected Obama to stop the rise of the ocean, at the convention last summer...?

You do know Obama's not REALLY God, right?
Get a grip.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

flack wrote:
48 degrees a little wind not much rain. Power blinked once. Oceana NAS got the record for rainfall. 9.44 " I believe. That's about ten miles from here as the crow flies.
Looks like WVA got spanked with heavy snow in the higher elevations and it's freezing in some areas. CNN was showing some live footage from Snowshoe, very pretty place that is.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I get sarcasm. It makes me mad, but it's also my way too. Maybe I was thinking of Lily with the childish name calling. And you said you were a nitwit, not me. Not today.
Self deprecation is good for the soul. Arrogance is the path to self righteousness. A path I care not to take.

I get along with most of these folks. Some have to be ignored, but the rest aren't too bad. You seem to be of above average intelligence. I think we can have some heated, but friendly discussions. Try it. Won't hurt a bit.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything that starts with the phrase "FOX News has learned ...." is flagged as spam on my computer.
It'd be a shame if you missed an actual FACT just because it came from Fox. You should realize the networks cover their own spin, all of them, and you have to research to try to figure out what's important and what's happening.

I suspect ya'll don't like Fox because they "lean" right during their opinion shows in primetime. They do report news, and sometimes cover things the liberal stations are not willing to.

Ever wonder what you're NOT hearing about?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Congratulation to the crews from Elizabeth City USCG Station. What them people do is truly heroic. Use to go there all the time. What a great bunch of people.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
In addition; Romney doesn't smoke; but that didn't deter him from promoting cigarrettes in Russia; a cute little feminine brand called Vogue; they even threw in a little charm bracelet with each pack and increased youth smoking by 50%, laundered the money through various channels, Luxembourg, the Caymans, back to the US, maybe even through the Mormon Church.
He doesn't believe in birth control and even called The Morning After Pill and abortion pill; (not true), however, he was heavily invested in the companies that make them.
He doesn't believe in abortion, but, that didn't deter him from investing in Stericycle, a medical waste company that ground up dead fetuses for a buck.
Guess Obama might have smoked them had he lived in Russia then.

People are going to smoke. Smoking and tobacco have been around since forever. Tobacco was our first export.

It would be nice if Bain hadn't made a profit marketing cigarettes in Russia with Romney's name attached to it.

But it's just another product. People will buy their brand or someone else's if they're intent on smoking.

Like this president apparently.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Last week, Indiana GOP Senate candidate Richard Mourdock argued in a debate that women who have been raped should not have access to abortion services because their pregnancies are a “gift from god.” As a survivor of childhood sexual violence, I disagree with him completely.
My name is Dawn Hill. Though I am old now, there was a time when I was young and carefree as you perhaps are now or can remember being in your childhood. Childhood should be a happy and carefree time for all our children, but my mother found her new husband, my stepfather, much more important. He forever took the joy away from my life when I was just 11 years old: He began molesting me and continued until he began raping me when I was 13
Mr. Mourdock last night said:“I came to realize life is that gift from God, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape. It is something that God intended to happen.”
I became pregnant, contrary to the "scientific theories" of many modern Republicans. Not only was the experience loathsome and painful, it was also impossible for me to deal with or talk about because of the times: in the fifties, abortion was illegal. Illegal in the same way the Republican Party platform states it wants to make abortion now by constitutional amendment and just as Presidential candidate Mitt Romney has suggested casually he would “be delighted” to return to.
Please, take a moment to travel back to the fifties with me.
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/i-w...
That brings up a question I've been wanting to ask you Lily.

Would you be willing to accept a compromise to the law that said abortion is perfectly legal in the event of rape, incest, and/or life of the mother, but would bring about a reduction in abortions due to using them for birth control, and completely stop partial birth abortion?
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Peppy wrote:
News update: Homer lost his basement, but he gained an indoor pool. Flack's windmill has generated enough power to last him a month.
Have not seen any apologies to Flack just yet. He was absolutely correct about the storm.
Wrong, jackwagon, I live on a hillside, no issues whatsoever with the water, we didn't get too much rain, maybe an inch or two, wind however was another issue, trees down, power outtages. Somebody go after Flack about something? What's the skinny?
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Conflicting network news stories, contradictory quotes, and damning e-mails prove the only people buying the propaganda are you Obama lovers.
Wrong.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
CNN has changed, it's getting into sensationalism like Fox, that Wolf Blitzer is a sniveling ass licker to the republicans.
Wow...a news network decides not to become part of the corruption in journalism and they suddenly become a sniveling ass licker?
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Self deprecation is good for the soul. Arrogance is the path to self righteousness. A path I care not to take.
I get along with most of these folks. Some have to be ignored, but the rest aren't too bad. You seem to be of above average intelligence. I think we can have some heated, but friendly discussions. Try it. Won't hurt a bit.
Homer knows from self deprecation, unlike Peppy who knows from self defecation. Also unlike Peppy, Homer doesn't have an arrogant bone in his body.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Natual should be respect 48,918
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 min fearless 67,968
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 40 min Jews against gambling 68,380
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 174,663
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 465
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 2 hr FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation in... 2 hr McCarthy B An Azz Hole 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Sublime1 97,539
Abby 7-24 Thu Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search