Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232521 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788740 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They've all seen it, Carol was the first one.
Is that the one that CNN shot to the moon?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#788741 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, what time do you plan to kill your husband? Stupid questions do not deserve an answer. Obama avoids stupid questions as well, rightly so.
Why is it stupid? He is on record saying it, so why didn't he just confirm it and say yes?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#788742 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling america arrogant, dimissive and divise was an apology.
Dictionary.com agrees:

The definition of apology is "a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another."

That's exactly what he did.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788743 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think he won't reveal them?
Because Obama had poor grades?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#788744 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can help here Homer. The girls looked and behaved like Nancy Pelosi, Mitt made the most humane choice possible.
How is your new indoor pool working out?
They had a brain so they killed them?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788746 Oct 30, 2012
Romney's Latest Lie, His Former Lies, and Why We Must Not Put Liars in the White House

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-reich/ro...
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788747 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
I saw that! Unbearable! He doesn't have a sincere bone in his body.
Many people have witnessed that about Obama for 4 years.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788748 Oct 30, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Dictionary.com agrees:
The definition of apology is "a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another."
That's exactly what he did.
Might want to send that along to all the fact checking sites.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#788749 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the one that CNN shot to the moon?
Idk, that 2016 anti Obama propaganda movie
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788750 Oct 30, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I've never even been on unemployment, Loser, but "White on Rice" admitted going to Canada to get "socialized" healthcare. Why so slow on the uptake?
Many people believe that because you have never worked a day in your life, other than in the bedroom.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788752 Oct 30, 2012
A natural disaster is a good time to reflect on what we need to do to avoid an unnatural disaster. Right now, that’s clearer than ever—don’t allow Mitt Romney to become president. When asked about FEMA in the primary debates, Mitt said responsibility for disaster relief should be foisted onto the states. How would you like to be in a life threatening situation, and be depending on Rick Scott or Jan Brewer for help? Evidently Mitt was concerned that wasn’t crazy enough for base, because he added “And if you can go even further, and send it back to the private sector, that’s even better.” Got that? If you’re flooded, call Goldman Sachs! Mitt wants for-profit disaster relief! Mitt, there are already private-sector people taking part in disaster relief—those slime-balls who do things like sell bottled water for $10 a bottle. Mitt wants that on a corporate scale
Randi Rhodes
Many people believe you are as dumb as Randi Rhodes. I agree.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788753 Oct 30, 2012
Carter wrote:
<quoted text> Because Obama had poor grades?
Yeah, that will keep him out of the WH.

Better late than never is getting a bit thread worn.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#788754 Oct 30, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And your reference is a propaganda rag for the Communist Party USA.
BWAAAAAAWW HAAAAAAAAAAAWWW HAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW
You really need to start reading some credible publications.
ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRISTIE et al for potus et al lol.
Homer

Effort, PA

#788755 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you apologize to Flack. As usual he was right on the money with his prediction on the storm. NYC subways flooded.
So what exactly am I apologizing for? Flack's had dozens of predictions all wrong, I do not believe he has ever apologized to me. So now we are apologizing for off the cuff remarks?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#788756 Oct 30, 2012
Carter wrote:
<quoted text> Many people believe you are stealing the late Jean's terminology from the graveyard.
Jeans my sister
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788757 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
I agree with Hillary:
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/2592...
Many people agreed with Hillary that Obama was just not ready for the job of president. Now, after 4 years of witnessing his incompetence, most people also agree.
Homer

Effort, PA

#788758 Oct 30, 2012
These rightwingers are getting worse. Several have gone completely off the deep end.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788759 Oct 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
Are we starting a new thread if Romney wins?
Most people agree that we will.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#788760 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet all the FOXbots are so sure there was cover up with no more in hand than anyone else.
He's sticking to his lies about Jeep! Making new radio ads! What a dolt
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#788761 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Gov. Christie Praises President Obama
One of Mitt Romney's biggest supporters, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, had nothing but praise for President Barack Obama today, as his state prepares to rebuild from the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.
"I have to say, the administration, the president, himself and FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate have been outstanding with us so far," Christie said on Good Morning America. "We have a great partnership with them."
Christie told ABC's George Stephanopoulos that Obama called him on Monday night around midnight to ask if there was anything else the federal government could do to help. Christie added that they worked together to move forward with a Major Disaster Declaration for New Jersey.
The Major Disaster Declaration provides funding for recovery efforts, including infrastructure projects, temporary housing, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property loss and assistance to individuals and businesses.
"He worked on that last night with me…offered any other assets that we needed to help," Christie said. "I want to thank the president personally for his personal attention to this."
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/gov-chri...
I could have picked one of 50 sites for that story.
The southern Jersey coast (for one area) needs all the help it can get right now.
There's NO getting out of that REALITY-not even for opotus.

ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRISTIE et al 2012!
REAL Leadership FOR America again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 33 min Ratloder 70,018
Amy 5-24-15 1 hr tiredofit 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr positronium 189,805
News 17 shot-2 fatally-in bloody start to Memorial D... 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Go Blue Forever 99,534
Poll What is your favorite furniture store in Chicago? 7 hr Jana Ravens 0
Word (Dec '08) 7 hr boundary painter 5,240
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]