Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
730,441 - 730,460 of 1,095,504 Comments Last updated 24 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
In addition; Romney doesn't smoke; but that didn't deter him from promoting cigarrettes in Russia; a cute little feminine brand called Vogue; they even threw in a little charm bracelet with each pack and increased youth smoking by 50%, laundered the money through various channels, Luxembourg, the Caymans, back to the US, maybe even through the Mormon Church.
He doesn't believe in birth control and even called The Morning After Pill and abortion pill; (not true), however, he was heavily invested in the companies that make them.
He doesn't believe in abortion, but, that didn't deter him from investing in Stericycle, a medical waste company that ground up dead fetuses for a buck.
Guess Obama might have smoked them had he lived in Russia then.

People are going to smoke. Smoking and tobacco have been around since forever. Tobacco was our first export.

It would be nice if Bain hadn't made a profit marketing cigarettes in Russia with Romney's name attached to it.

But it's just another product. People will buy their brand or someone else's if they're intent on smoking.

Like this president apparently.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Last week, Indiana GOP Senate candidate Richard Mourdock argued in a debate that women who have been raped should not have access to abortion services because their pregnancies are a “gift from god.” As a survivor of childhood sexual violence, I disagree with him completely.
My name is Dawn Hill. Though I am old now, there was a time when I was young and carefree as you perhaps are now or can remember being in your childhood. Childhood should be a happy and carefree time for all our children, but my mother found her new husband, my stepfather, much more important. He forever took the joy away from my life when I was just 11 years old: He began molesting me and continued until he began raping me when I was 13
Mr. Mourdock last night said:“I came to realize life is that gift from God, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape. It is something that God intended to happen.”
I became pregnant, contrary to the "scientific theories" of many modern Republicans. Not only was the experience loathsome and painful, it was also impossible for me to deal with or talk about because of the times: in the fifties, abortion was illegal. Illegal in the same way the Republican Party platform states it wants to make abortion now by constitutional amendment and just as Presidential candidate Mitt Romney has suggested casually he would “be delighted” to return to.
Please, take a moment to travel back to the fifties with me.
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/i-w...
That brings up a question I've been wanting to ask you Lily.

Would you be willing to accept a compromise to the law that said abortion is perfectly legal in the event of rape, incest, and/or life of the mother, but would bring about a reduction in abortions due to using them for birth control, and completely stop partial birth abortion?
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Peppy wrote:
News update: Homer lost his basement, but he gained an indoor pool. Flack's windmill has generated enough power to last him a month.
Have not seen any apologies to Flack just yet. He was absolutely correct about the storm.
Wrong, jackwagon, I live on a hillside, no issues whatsoever with the water, we didn't get too much rain, maybe an inch or two, wind however was another issue, trees down, power outtages. Somebody go after Flack about something? What's the skinny?
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Conflicting network news stories, contradictory quotes, and damning e-mails prove the only people buying the propaganda are you Obama lovers.
Wrong.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
CNN has changed, it's getting into sensationalism like Fox, that Wolf Blitzer is a sniveling ass licker to the republicans.
Wow...a news network decides not to become part of the corruption in journalism and they suddenly become a sniveling ass licker?
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Self deprecation is good for the soul. Arrogance is the path to self righteousness. A path I care not to take.
I get along with most of these folks. Some have to be ignored, but the rest aren't too bad. You seem to be of above average intelligence. I think we can have some heated, but friendly discussions. Try it. Won't hurt a bit.
Homer knows from self deprecation, unlike Peppy who knows from self defecation. Also unlike Peppy, Homer doesn't have an arrogant bone in his body.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't want anyone to see his crapy grades and that he took a bunch of courses in anti-American subjects such as marxism.
It probably has more to do with the personal information on his applications. Just guessing.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of the whole point. The NYT is notoriously liberally biased. If they say Jarrett is who she is, you'd think you liberals would at least believe them if no one else.
The Democrats refused to rein in Fannie and Freddie - as did some Republicans - but the Democrats had a monopoly on keeping F*F alive and well. All the way up until the 11th hour and during the entire two years they controlled congress before the bottom fell out.
You should look up other sources to learn what really caused the house of cards to fall. It was much more complex than you try so hard to believe.
Oh I'm down with the whole power thing. It's the other BS that I have a problem with.

And lest you forget....

A bill to rein in F&F co-sponsored by Barney Frank.

Bush: The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...

The White House’s Fannie and Freddie “one-finger-salute”

A former Republican lawmaker says the White House and Greenspan sabotaged legislation aimed at fixing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

The House bill, the 2005 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act, would have created a stronger regulator with new powers to increase capital at Fannie and Freddie, to limit their portfolios and to deal with the possibility of receivership.

Mr Oxley reached out to Barney Frank, then the ranking Democrat on the committee and now its chairman, to secure support on the other side of the aisle. But after winning bipartisan support in the House, where the bill passed by 331 to 90 votes, the legislation lacked a champion in the Senate and faced hostility from the Bush administration.

Adamant that the only solution to the problems posed by Fannie and Freddie was their privatization, the White House attacked the bill. Mr Greenspan also weighed in, saying that the House legislation was worse than no bill at all.

Oxley isn’t too happy about all the criticism Congress is getting for letting Fannie and Freddie get too big.

“All the hand wringing and bedwetting is going on without remembering how the House stepped up on this,” he says.“What did we get from the White House? We got a one-finger salute.”
http://www.salon.com/2008/09/10/greenspan_bus...

Were there other factors? Yes. But somehow those seem to be the only ones conservatives will acknowledge.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
If only every right wing 'story' about Jarrett was true then I guess I wouldn't be such a sarcastic SOB.
Don't even ask me to discard that which is not true for what is. Goes to overall credibility don't you think?
You should read the history behind some of his csars. It'd blow your mind.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, do you expect him to be out there rescuing folks in person, or what??
Did you take Robme at face value, when he said he had expected Obama to stop the rise of the ocean, at the convention last summer...?
You do know Obama's not REALLY God, right?
Get a grip.
LOL! Why is it that you libtard Obama worshippers have no sense of humor? He was joking Poindextder.

Obama, god?

More like a Jive-Ass Punk the Demonbrats dumped on the American people because they didn't have anyone worthy.
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>They is Jo Becker a decent journalist I suppose, she co-owns a Pulitzer for Angler, a major league hatchet job on Dick Cheney.
Carol doesn't quite understand the whole journalism thing, or math thing, or the history thing etc.
She does have horoscopes down pretty good though.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like WVA got spanked with heavy snow in the higher elevations and it's freezing in some areas. CNN was showing some live footage from Snowshoe, very pretty place that is.
Great place to pick up chicks. I don't ski(bad ankles) but use to go there a lot. Dad has about 18" and lost power but he has a whole house generator so I'm sure he will have a house full.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
If only every right wing 'story' about Jarrett was true then I guess I wouldn't be such a sarcastic SOB.
Don't even ask me to discard that which is not true for what is. Goes to overall credibility don't you think?
Sad thing is, most of us have no firsthand, personal knowledge about things such as this, and we must choose what article or talking head we believe, based on our internal filters, our gut reactions, our logic, and comparison with the other side's probably biased point of view.

I tend to feel the MSM IS very protective of Obama and therefore, I am mistrustful of their motives. Many only see a racist point of view, and therefore, MSNBC rings true to them.

I'll be glad when this election is over and hope this country can get back to doing what's best for America rather than what's politically expedient.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, do you expect him to be out there rescuing folks in person, or what??
Did you take Robme at face value, when he said he had expected Obama to stop the rise of the ocean, at the convention last summer...?
You do know Obama's not REALLY God, right?
Get a grip.
"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus." - Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger." - Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama." - Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra." - Chicago Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being" - Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history" - Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light." - Michelle Obama

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." - Barack Obama

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

brush lee wrote:
sure why not de this generaarions answer to be thhe hope we have less cost for the library we beuilt on the islands will the text books cost more on Hawaii than texas or california?
I'm sorry...what did you just say?
AmericasAmerican s

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't the Donald offering $5 M for Romney's tax records? Maybe Romney paid him $6 M not to?
(what's the problem?) ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!
You've answered your own question
Romney's already met the request.

So like stated-WTH is the problem with the transcripts? Plenty of places to donate such a charitable contribution now!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012 -is RIGHT!
The REAL Economic Experience-FOR America again!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So she's better at her job than Rove was.
It's common knowledge that that's why you wingnuts hate her. Isn't it?
We know she is better than Barack Hussein Obama, but that doesn't take much?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
On file with the IRS? Which proves there's not a thing illegal or wrong with them, except something YOU may not like (i.e., he made a lot of money and got to keep a lot of it too.)
The IRS has no subpoena power in Switzerland or the Cayman Islands__Mitt is playing the game of "trust me folks."

His main problem year is 2009 a year of amnesty for American corporations and individuals who had been hiding money abroad as away of "evading taxes due." He has other problems as well.

Mitt Romney has a long history of guarding his financial information not to mention lying. He's deceitful, dishonest and nowhere near the best candidate the Republicans had to offer. Ron Paul called him liar on national TV and then laughed at him. Perry, Gingrich, and Cain despised Romney and his wife for their standoffish holier than thou behavior prior to and after the (R) debates and the RNC.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

<quoted text>
But, but, but, "she heard it herself on FOX"
What a trip they are.
He said HE heard it on FOX too, Lily. Then he MISQUOTED it. You need to know what discussion you are jumping into. I know it's almost not possible to keep from insulting before you know the situation, but try,'k?

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. The man doesn't say what you want to hear so you dismiss him out of hand.
Big surprise. You're just as biased as any other right wing 'winner' on this thread.
Goes to credibility don't you think?
Oh wait...out of hand would mean I didn't listen to his argument. I hear him like I hear the others. He just seems to be on the wrong side of right to me many times. Seems like a nice guy though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago