Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#788551 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not. You are buying into rightwing propaganda. The only ones still chewing on this bone is Fox.
Nothing about it anywhere else at all.
Do you honestly think that the President of the United States wants anyone to die? Come on now, be real.
Really? every day some liberal out there is spewing how GW Bush killed everyone. How's it feel now?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788552 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, you have the right to your opinion; but you don't really know. I could very well say the same thing about Bush; remember when he prohibited photos of the flag draped coffins? Bush didn't attend any of the funerals or meet the coffins arrivals back to the States.
From what I have seen about President Obama and the First Lady; they are very caring and compassionate people who care deeply for veterans and the families of the deceased.
that's why the slimeball Obama let two former SEALS die on a rooftop in Benghazi....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788553 Oct 30, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>What's your favorite lie to peddle among those? R'Money in Kettering today, collecting canned goods and smiling all over...the guy's just the most robotic dufus I've ever seen...can't trust him let alone with my life.
I saw that! Unbearable! He doesn't have a sincere bone in his body.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#788555 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Losing the World
How the Benghazi debacle became a proxy for America's myth of domination
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
Excellent read.
My simplistic take on this article is that it sounds like an apology article to go along with Obama's apology tour. I understand the concept of American not having the right to inflict its will on other countries, just as I understand the concept of this world needing SOMEONE with morals regarding human rights needing to stand for that no matter what. The jihadists would glady go for world domination and take away all rights from all peoples; therefore, someone strong should stand against it. I also see how some American greed and avarice would also affect those interactions.

I didn't even listen to Mitt's statement right after Benghazi. I just felt it was important that if we DO send American ambassadors to other countries, we should also have whatever is necessary to keep them safe available to them at all times, and apparently this administration did not take those precautions, nor as now is apparent, even send help AFTER the attack started. I feel this administration failed in that regard, kn that responsibility to our citizens, and my opinion has nothing to do with Mitt Romney.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#788557 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Why do you think he won't reveal them?
Who really gives a rip? It's a sure bet he earned more than you did, or you wouldn't be complaining? What difference does it make, and why all the contranation?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788558 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
You were in Korea? That means you're over 80? And still that stupid?
and you still think your vagina isn't dried out and useless.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788559 Oct 30, 2012
Mitt Romney Refuses To Talk About FEMA After Hurricane Sandy Event

"Gov you've been asked 14 times, why are you refusing to answer the question?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/30/mitt...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#788560 Oct 30, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, as long as they can pay for it. Those of us who need work, once minimum wage and the public school system are abolished, will have to sell our dignity for $2.50 an hour, and be grateful for the 'privilege'- that is if we have any energy left, after working a 100-hour 6-day week to keep bread and eggs on the table, and a roof over our heads...praying every day that we don't get injured or sick.
Romney is clamoring for the chance to bring the feudal system to these shores...while gleefully selling capitalism abroad.
Youve been on Government assistance way to long!! Its time to get you out of that Wagon and start pulling!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#788561 Oct 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The decision not to send in the military was made by the military.
I love how you have a fit because of the death of 4 Americans due to attacks from terrorists yet defend these same terrorists. You prefer to allow these people to continue to act against the US until we can arrest therm & hold therm for trial.
There is little difference between a US citizen hiding in Yemen directing attacks against US citizens & a sniper in a clock tower. The sniper is taken out by SWAT.
But hey, a real law enforcement person would know this.
COMMANDER IN CHIEF is a military rank, dufus.
Obama IS in the military, dufus.
He's the goddam Commander in Chief, dufus.

I'd like to see what would have happened if that Force Recon unit in Sigonella, Italy, were put into the fight.
Marine Force Recon will be armed and ready to deploy 10 minutes after waking them.
Why were they stood down?

And who told Susan Rice what to say all over the television networks and at the UN?
It obviously wasn't Obama.
Who's the person in the White House making the decisions the president should be making?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788563 Oct 30, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wood's father is either being played by the right wing media or he's a lying right wing loon. Given that he is an attorney__for now I'll go with with the latter.
Ty Woods, retired from the US Military and afterwards became a "soldier of fortune" none of the activities attributed to Woods on the evening of 9/11 early morning of 9/12 have been confirmed by a "source" with a name and face. It goes without saying that his father wasn't there, the military officials who elder Woods spoke with weren't there so lets try to keep it fkn real OK?
There were Americans who witnessed the events at both locations who "so far" have not spoken publicly. There were Libyan witnesses as well__have you read their stories__has Glenda Beck or Sundancecracker?
the only thing worse than Obama is a draft-dodging Obamabot slimeball like Realtime who attacks men who gave their lives for their country....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#788565 Oct 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The decision not to send in the military was made by the military.
I love how you have a fit because of the death of 4 Americans due to attacks from terrorists yet defend these same terrorists. You prefer to allow these people to continue to act against the US until we can arrest therm & hold therm for trial.
There is little difference between a US citizen hiding in Yemen directing attacks against US citizens & a sniper in a clock tower. The sniper is taken out by SWAT.
But hey, a real law enforcement person would know this.
I'm going to ask the same question the Americans dying in Benghazi asked ... and was recorded for us to listen to today:

Where's the Spectre?(That's the AC-130 gunship deployed in Libya for this exact reason.)

Why was the Spectre not deployed to the fight?

The Spectre was there for this exact reason.
The Force Recon Marines in Sigonella were there for this exact reason.
Why weren't they put into the fight?
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS

Woodbridge, VA

#788566 Oct 30, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>What's your favorite lie to peddle among those? R'Money in Kettering today, collecting canned goods and smiling all over...the guy's just the most robotic dufus I've ever seen...can't trust him let alone with my life.
So if a man keeps a smile o his face, has God/jJesus in his heart, and is a happy friendly helpful person, that means you can not trust him with your life? You are more stupid than I first thought.

You mean you can't count on Mitt keeping your Welfare To Work.."NOT TO WORK" checks coming in,because he will have people back to work.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#788568 Oct 30, 2012
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
It is absolutely mind boggling to me that you Republicans don't recognize the phony hypocrisy of your indignation over Obama's role in Benghazi while defending Bush's role in Iraq. Here we are years later still digging out from the devastation of a war based on faulty intelligence from a Republican president's staff that cost THOUSANDS of American lives and billions of dollars. This bogus intelligence was mulled over by Bush's people for WEEKS and they still phucked up! But you hypocrites rail against Obama's team for not making an INSTANT decision based on cloudy intelligence that could have put even more American lives at risk.
Didn't seem to be anything cloudy about the fact that boots on the ground in country felt their security was unsufficient due to activities and things happening right there around them. Their requests for help were perfectly clear. And when the attack began, it was watched in real time in the White House. Are you saying president obama took the coward's way out to decide not to try to send them help at the time the attack was occurring? So as not to put "American lives" at risk>? Since when does the United States just abandon their citizens rather than make an effort to save them>?

Based on past knowledge (if he had attended his security briefings and been kept up to date on the US around the world), he should have been able to decide to send in air support and whatever else was necessary to stop the attack which lasted many hours. How long should he have to think about it? Couple of days...a few weeks?
Logic

United States

#788569 Oct 30, 2012
If Romney is so rich and a stand up guy, why is he in Ohio taking donations for the victims of Sandy?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788570 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, Mitt said he knows where the big money is and it's in Washington; and, he knows how to get it. The Mormon Church is a corporation and should be taxed; as should all churches.
Interesting that all these rich rapepublicans are always after the taxpayers money, Jeb Bush after the DEA money;Rick Scott after the prison money and medicare; Romney after the FEMA money; ...
labor unions should pay taxes on their dues income....

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#788571 Oct 30, 2012
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS wrote:
<quoted text>
She did all of that, while you are fighting to keep your Obama Welfare To Work.."NOT TO WORK" checks coming in.
I've never even been on unemployment, Loser, but "White on Rice" admitted going to Canada to get "socialized" healthcare. Why so slow on the uptake?
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#788572 Oct 30, 2012
Rightwing propaganda?

The deaths in Benghazi are not a partisan issue. They are an American tragedy.
And a failure of an inept, incompetent Liberal President and Administration who certainly DID "allow" the crisis unfolding before their eyes in real time, to lead to the DEATHS of Four Americans. And then continued to LIE about it.

Yes. I believe the POS stumping as president ...
"Let Them Die" to appease his Muslim Brethren.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
~Barack HUSSEIN Obama

'Cause he certainly DIDN'T STAND WITH THE AMERICANS trapped in Benghazi when the political winds shift(ed) in an ugly direction AGAINST those AMERICNS.

Obama OWNS these Deaths. And America is repulsed.

Yeah! Talk about "Let Them Die" in a new context.

<quoted text>
He's not. You are buying into rightwing propaganda. The only ones still chewing on this bone is Fox.
Nothing about it anywhere else at all.
Do you honestly think that the President of the United States wants anyone to die? Come on now, be real.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#788573 Oct 30, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, as long as they can pay for it. Those of us who need work, once minimum wage and the public school system are abolished, will have to sell our dignity for $2.50 an hour, and be grateful for the 'privilege'- that is if we have any energy left, after working a 100-hour 6-day week to keep bread and eggs on the table, and a roof over our heads...praying every day that we don't get injured or sick.
Romney is clamoring for the chance to bring the feudal system to these shores...while gleefully selling capitalism abroad.
First, you have to actually have some dignity to sell.
And, if you're over 20 years old and still living on minimum wage, you're not worth any more than that.

And it was capitalism that lifted the world out of the relative stone age less than a century ago.
It was Marxist communism that produced the three worst mass murderers in the history of civilization. The imposition of Marxist communism killed more people than all the wars of the previous century around the world combined.

If you're so ignorant that you don't recognize that capitalism created the modern world where the norm is a middle class existence, and changed it from when if you had change in your pocket you were among the wealthiest 10 percent of the people in the world, and you are so ignorant you don't know of the murderous history of Marxism, then I'm confused where you got what you confuse with "dignity". You obviously wouldn't have any dignity, unless complete ignorance is dignified.
carol

Orlando, FL

#788574 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
See post below; I don't think you listened to it. It didn't mention names at all, I liked it.
You think this is cute and sweet?

Imagine an America
Where strip mines are fun and free
Where gays can be fixed
And sick people just die
And oil fills the sea

We dont have to pay for freeways!
Our schools are good enough
Give us endless wars
On foreign shores
And lots of Chinese stuff

Were the children of the future
American through and through
But something happened to our country
And were kinda blaming you

We havent killed all the polar bears
But its not for lack of trying
The Earth is cracked
Big Bird is sacked
And the atmosphere is frying

Congress went home early
They did their best we know
You cant cut spending
With elections pending
Unless its welfare dough

And were kinda blaming you

Find a park that is still open
And take a breath of poison air
They foreclosed your place
To build a weapon in space
But you can write off your au pair

Its a little awkward to tell you
But you left us holding the bag
When we look around
The place is all dumbed down
And the long terms kind of a drag

And yeah, were blaming you

You did your best
You failed the test

Mom and Dad
Were blaming you!

The ad is the brainchild of Jeff Goodby and Rich Silverstein, of the San Francisco-based Goodby Silverstein & Partners, for their Future Children Project. The Future Children Project states on its website,Re-electing President Obama is a momentous decision that will require every single voter. What would the children of the future say if we let them down this November?

Where's the message of hope and a better tomorrow?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#788575 Oct 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
GASP! You mean regulate the bankers? Blasphemer!
no regulation required...the bankers should require a 20% cash down payment before granting a mortgage...a sound business practice.....
of course, the left would squeal that such financial responsibility would discriminate against minorities....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min KiMare 51,264
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,870
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Earthling-1 49,238
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min J RULES 71,116
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 1 hr joey 2
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 4 hr Mover 88
Family of slain Loyola student seeks 'peace not... 4 hr Mover 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]