Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
730,361 - 730,380 of 1,100,625 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788318 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Obama hiding in Benghazi?
Is he hiding gross misconduct of his administration?
Treason?
Nothing. I thought you were smarter than the average republican.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#788319 Oct 30, 2012
Romney refuses to answer reporters questions about his opinion of FEMA. This could hurt his chances in Florida, Virginia, and North Carolina.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#788320 Oct 30, 2012
TSM wrote:
Obama calls Valerie Jarrett what’s the strategy, well ‘O’ your chances of being re-elected is Slim to none you need to call Axelrod!! Hey Axe what’s our strategy… Blame Sandy on the Republican!! Romney/Ryan
Watch...when the democrats lose, their excuse will be this hurricane somehow. "Our people were disenfranchised by Sandy." Expect it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#788322 Oct 30, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by U.S. officials -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.
Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to "stand down."
Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.
At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound.
According to sources on the ground during the attack, the special operator on the roof of the CIA annex had visual contact and a laser pointing at the Libyan mortar team that was targeting the CIA annex. The operators were calling in coordinates of where the Libyan forces were firing from.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told reporters at the Pentagon on Thursday that there was not a clear enough picture of what was occurring on the ground in Benghazi to send help.
"There's a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here," Panetta said Thursday. "But the basic principle here ... is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on."
U.S. officials argue that there was a period of several hours when the fighting stopped before the mortars were fired at the annex, leading officials to believe the attack was over???
Anything that starts with the phrase "FOX News has learned ...." is flagged as spam on my computer.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#788323 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably was a recipient of the amnesty, likely only paid 9% taxes. Mitt is a money launderer, may be involved in arms and drug sales.
LOL, the guy doesn't even drink beer and you want to paint him as a drug lord? Obama spent years in the hood in Chicago, he is far more acquainted with the drug culture.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788325 Oct 30, 2012
Last week, Indiana GOP Senate candidate Richard Mourdock argued in a debate that women who have been raped should not have access to abortion services because their pregnancies are a “gift from god.” As a survivor of childhood sexual violence, I disagree with him completely.

My name is Dawn Hill. Though I am old now, there was a time when I was young and carefree as you perhaps are now or can remember being in your childhood. Childhood should be a happy and carefree time for all our children, but my mother found her new husband, my stepfather, much more important. He forever took the joy away from my life when I was just 11 years old: He began molesting me and continued until he began raping me when I was 13

Mr. Mourdock last night said:“I came to realize life is that gift from God, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape. It is something that God intended to happen.”

I became pregnant, contrary to the "scientific theories" of many modern Republicans. Not only was the experience loathsome and painful, it was also impossible for me to deal with or talk about because of the times: in the fifties, abortion was illegal. Illegal in the same way the Republican Party platform states it wants to make abortion now by constitutional amendment and just as Presidential candidate Mitt Romney has suggested casually he would “be delighted” to return to.
Please, take a moment to travel back to the fifties with me.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/i-w...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788326 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
It's readily apparent that Carol is capable of making valid points and backing them up with a source. And you are only capable of responding with some type of insult and the use of the word "hate." Now, who do you truly feel is the more convincing in a discussion?
If only every right wing 'story' about Jarrett was true then I guess I wouldn't be such a sarcastic SOB.

Don't even ask me to discard that which is not true for what is. Goes to overall credibility don't you think?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#788327 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Obama hiding in Benghazi?
Is he hiding gross misconduct of his administration?
Treason?
Burglary vs Homicide

Libya/Benghazi is making Watergate look like a low classified misdemeanor.

The fact they watched this atrocity unfold while sitting on their hands is unbelievable.

Then again, this administration has ordered the assassination of American citizens with complete disregard for due process, so...
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#788328 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Nothing.
LMAO
brush lee

Sonora, CA

#788329 Oct 30, 2012
sure why not de this generaarions answer to be thhe hope we have less cost for the library we beuilt on the islands will the text books cost more on Hawaii than texas or california?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788330 Oct 30, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Romney refuses to answer reporters questions about his opinion of FEMA. This could hurt his chances in Florida, Virginia, and North Carolina.
He's a coward. Just like he endorsed Murderdock the Rapepublican
"gods gift is a rapists baby"
I hope they blast that tape of his debate.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#788331 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Nothing. I thought you were smarter than the average republican.
Then why is Obama lying, avoiding and running away from the whole Benghazi nightmare. He is disrespecting those that gave their lives.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788332 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
If only every right wing 'story' about Jarrett was true then I guess I wouldn't be such a sarcastic SOB.
Don't even ask me to discard that which is not true for what is. Goes to overall credibility don't you think?
But, but, but, "she heard it herself on FOX"

What a trip they are.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#788333 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Just remember when you pull the lever for Romney:
1. Romney will shut down FEMA and redirect taxpayer money to private contractors
2. Romney will sign any and all anti abortion legislation
3. Romney will give a tax cuts to the wealthy that the middle class will pay for; again
4. Romney will dismantle the EPA; making way for further pollution of our fields and streams; will destroy our natural resources drilling for oil
5. Romney will end Medicare and Medicaide and privatize Social Security
6. Romney endorse Mourdock; the Rapepublican who said a rapists c hild is a gift from God
7. Romney will sign the Personhood bill, outlawing contraception, the morning after pill and abortion.
Wow, he's got my vote!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788334 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, look who wrote it. Juan Williams...a nice guy but seems incredibly naive' and will defend ANY democrat spin no matter how ludicrous it seems. Btw, A FOX commentator, FYI Sonic.
Ah. The man doesn't say what you want to hear so you dismiss him out of hand.

Big surprise. You're just as biased as any other right wing 'winner' on this thread.

Goes to credibility don't you think?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788335 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, the guy doesn't even drink beer and you want to paint him as a drug lord? Obama spent years in the hood in Chicago, he is far more acquainted with the drug culture.
What does investing in drug smuggling have to do with drinking beer?
Do you think drug dealers take drugs? It's a business, and one of the biggest ones Peppy. Pres. Bush gave the Taliban $400 million to eradicate the poppy fields. HA! It was seed money! Heroin production has increased something like 200%; drug sales buy the arms; the next biggest business.
It's got nothing to do with drug culture and if you don't realize the magnitude of money that comes from these ventures, then perhaps you should do some reading about it.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#788336 Oct 30, 2012
News update: Homer lost his basement, but he gained an indoor pool. Flack's windmill has generated enough power to last him a month.

Have not seen any apologies to Flack just yet. He was absolutely correct about the storm.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#788337 Oct 30, 2012
Mitt Romney’s campaign has been training poll watchers in Wisconsin with highly misleading — and sometimes downright false — information about voters’ rights.
Filthydelphia has escapees from The Planet of the Apes standing with clubs in front of polling places. Hope we meet some of them ... autographs will be the reason; you know, leave a mark "x".
Morons4Mitt

Russellville, KY

#788338 Oct 30, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Burglary vs Homicide
Libya/Benghazi is making Watergate look like a low classified misdemeanor.
The fact they watched this atrocity unfold while sitting on their hands is unbelievable.
Then again, this administration has ordered the assassination of American citizens with complete disregard for due process, so...
Your Repubs voting to take money away from Embassy security. You all are nothing but a bunch of Repub Hypocrites.
House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012....Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security”— a charge Republicans rejected.
Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788340 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
They allow Juan-speak all the time. Part of that fair and balanced you have no coherent knowlege of.
"Juan Williams...a nice guy but seems incredibly naive' and will defend ANY democrat spin no matter how ludicrous it seems."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 11 min joey 4
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 31 min ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min 40ish 4,673
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 36 min Frijoles 68,998
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min danetoo 68,381
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,413
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,539
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search