Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788628 Oct 30, 2012
new yawk wrote:
O Pulllleeeezzzzee!
Nothing but talk AFTER his display of incompetence or dissociative disorder.
So, what does he want? A medal? Another Nobel Peace Prize for admitting ( after he had no choice ), that he was ultimately responsible. Besides, better he should have said:
"I am ultimately responsible for being nonresponsive which led to the four Americans who were killed".
THAT would have been a more accurate and honest statement.
There is NU-THING that he can say that can walk back the anger I and so many other Americans feel toward him regarding this tragedy that DID NOT have to ocurr. NU-THING.
And the more I discuss it, the more disdain and contempt I feel for him.
So, I am going to stop discussing it now.
Now repeat your mantra regarding Republicans and Healthcare:
"Let Them Die" with a revised concept directed at The Benghazi Tragedy.
<quoted text>
I agree with Hillary:

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/2592...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788629 Oct 30, 2012
Limbaugh: Climate Change Is "A Nonissue Anymore Because It's Fraudulent. The Whole Thing Has Been Proven To Be A Hoax"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/10/30/limb...

Now why would Rush have to tell us that today?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#788630 Oct 30, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
How's the weather on the moon?
The three other State Department COM personnel were also wounded during the original brief attack on the US consulate on the evening of 9/11/12. They were rescued by the force from the CIA annex which included Ty Woods, transported back to annex and evacuated from Libya eventually to Lundstihl Regional Medical Center in Germany. One of the COM employees had serious injuries and his name was leaked but never found it's way to the right wing blogs or broadcasts.

Interestingly there was no mention of these State Department Employees during the Benghazi congressional hearings. Strange that eh?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788631 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's because he feels (knows) the democrats will use his wealth against him, and even if there is no impropriety, they will pretend there is. I think it would be used in the class warfare the president is fostering. "He's got so much more than me...no fair."
I think the opposing party can't find any real dirt on him and want to manufacture a problem. If he has ONE subtraction or addition that is a few cents off, they would scream to the rafters that it was a coverup.
That's why I think he won't release them...he could be squeaky clean but those forms are so complicated, someone could convince a low-info voter there was something nefarious going on with them.
Now, why do you think Obama won't release a non-threatening thing such as his school records and admission forms, especially in the face of so much being offered to the charity of his choice?
He's not the first wealthy man to run for office; we don't care that he's wealthy, hell, we nominated John Kerry!
Somehow the right has spun that fallacy; that the left are poor and the right are rich, absolutely untrue! We just want everyone to pay his fair share, if he's running for President and evading taxes and having Swiss bank accounts, it kind of smells bad.
John Kerry released 20 years.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788632 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's because he feels (knows) the democrats will use his wealth against him, and even if there is no impropriety, they will pretend there is. I think it would be used in the class warfare the president is fostering. "He's got so much more than me...no fair."
I think the opposing party can't find any real dirt on him and want to manufacture a problem. If he has ONE subtraction or addition that is a few cents off, they would scream to the rafters that it was a coverup.
That's why I think he won't release them...he could be squeaky clean but those forms are so complicated, someone could convince a low-info voter there was something nefarious going on with them.
Now, why do you think Obama won't release a non-threatening thing such as his school records and admission forms, especially in the face of so much being offered to the charity of his choice?
As to your last question; considering the extent of the absolute trashing of President Obama; questioning his birth certificate etc. accusing him of being un American, communist, socialist, marxist, illegitimate, calling his mother a slut: this would have never occured if he was white. I wouldn't release a damn thing to the birthers; as far as I'm concerned, they are a disgrace to this country and can gf themselves. He's the President, get over it.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#788633 Oct 30, 2012
Didn't read the Huff N' Puff link.
Why would I believe anything she states.
She's lyin' for her boss. It's her job to CHA.
Like she stated: "Facebook is not evidence".
AYFKM ??

But this is what I think of Hillary:

My Gawd that Hillary-facebook-is-not-eviden ce looks old.
She's aged 15 years in just 4!
That's what happens when you prostitute yourself for the devil!
Yep, she's been dancin' with the devil.
Just an old political hag of a ho'.
I just adore a good catty snark!
Don't yewwww?!

EHee-Hee-Hee! ;)

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Hillary:
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/2592...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#788634 Oct 30, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Romney wants to privatize FEMA.
Something like the Red Cross? Salvation Army?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788635 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who's vote Mitt was trying to get with that one? The Chrysler workers who didn't read Chrysler's blog post ripping Mitt a new one?
Yeah, I'd say he lost votes on that one. Add in the October Surprise and there ya go.
Is it true that when the hurricane was coming he asked "Are the Caymans okay?"

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#788636 Oct 30, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I've never even been on unemployment, Loser, but "White on Rice" admitted going to Canada to get "socialized" healthcare. Why so slow on the uptake?
Why are you calling lily "white on rice"?
Homer

Effort, PA

#788637 Oct 30, 2012
What's up jackwagons?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#788638 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Have you seen the Jesus Camp videos?
No, but we saw the song you posted. Reeked of Hitler Youth training. Got any more of those disturbing abuses of children for left wing propoganda purposes?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#788639 Oct 30, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The three other State Department COM personnel were also wounded during the original brief attack on the US consulate on the evening of 9/11/12. They were rescued by the force from the CIA annex which included Ty Woods, transported back to annex and evacuated from Libya eventually to Lundstihl Regional Medical Center in Germany. One of the COM employees had serious injuries and his name was leaked but never found it's way to the right wing blogs or broadcasts.
Interestingly there was no mention of these State Department Employees during the Benghazi congressional hearings. Strange that eh?
The people on the ground who actually did something to help disregarded the stand down order. How much you want to bet that means they disobeyed Obama? That dirtbag knew what was going on, for sure.

There will be a movie about this disgusting Obama scandal, mark my words.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#788640 Oct 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
What's up jackwagons?
Not much, just reading the rediculous crap from Yahoos like you.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#788641 Oct 30, 2012
Did anyone hear the moron Obama say today the phrase "no leaving anyone behind"?

It was in reference to the storm, not Benghazigate.

Talk about brass balls.
Homer

Effort, PA

#788642 Oct 30, 2012
Are we starting a new thread if Romney wins?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#788643 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, why doesn't he write a big fat check to the Red Cross?
How do you know he didn't?

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#788644 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, why doesn't he write a big fat check to the Red Cross?
Maybe he did. You don't know.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#788645 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Imagine an America
Where strip mines are fun and free
Where gays can be fixed
And sick people just die
And oil fills the sea
We don’t have to pay for freeways!
Our schools are good enough
Give us endless wars
On foreign shores
And lots of Chinese stuff
We’re the children of the future
American through and through
But something happened to our country
And we’re kinda blaming you
We haven’t killed all the polar bears
But it’s not for lack of trying
Big Bird is sacked
The Earth is cracked
And the atmosphere is frying
Congress went home early
They did their best we know
You can’t cut spending
With elections pending
Unless it’s welfare dough
We’re the children of the future
American through and through
But something happened to our country
And we’re kinda blaming you
Find a park that is still open
And take a breath of poison air
They foreclosed your place
To build a weapon in space
But you can write off your au pair
It’s a little awkward to tell you
But you left us holding the bag
When we look around
The place is all dumbed down
And the long term’s kind of a drag
We’re the children of the future
American through and through
But something happened to our country
And yeah, we’re blaming you
You did your best
You failed the test
Mom and Dad
We’re blaming you!
What is wrong with this song? Carol?
"In Communist China, children were urged to work on their parents and grandparents to make them conform to Mao’s will in the The Cultural Revolution. Likewise children in Russia and its satellites during the Soviet nightmare were directed to instruct their elders, and to betray them if they did not conform. The same was done to turn children into instruments of the state and against their families in Nazi Germany."
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#788646 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not the first wealthy man to run for office; we don't care that he's wealthy, hell, we nominated John Kerry!
Somehow the right has spun that fallacy; that the left are poor and the right are rich, absolutely untrue! We just want everyone to pay his fair share, if he's running for President and evading taxes and having Swiss bank accounts, it kind of smells bad.
John Kerry released 20 years.
"don't care that he's wealthy"???

Where have you been? leosnotnase, the hater has been posting r'Money for weeks now.

Who do you think you are kidding? Maybe your fellow libtards lily, but not us who are not Moonbats like you Obamabots.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#788647 Oct 30, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Didn't read the Huff N' Puff link.
Why would I believe anything she states.
She's lyin' for her boss. It's her job to CHA.
Like she stated: "Facebook is not evidence".
AYFKM ??
But this is what I think of Hillary:
My Gawd that Hillary-facebook-is-not-eviden ce looks old.
She's aged 15 years in just 4!
That's what happens when you prostitute yourself for the devil!
Yep, she's been dancin' with the devil.
Just an old political hag of a ho'.
I just adore a good catty snark!
Don't yewwww?!
EHee-Hee-Hee! ;)
<quoted text>
It's just a photo, we are all aging, no one gets younger. Hillary has been one of the hardest working Secretary of State, she's 65 now. I admire her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy May 3-15 38 min mrs gladys kravitz 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min OzRitz 52,988
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Doug77 5,946
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 5,210
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Scrutiny 187,728
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,769
Online Shaming 2 hr Sean Daly 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]