Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#788374 Oct 30, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
He may be involved in arms and drug sales there.
No, I heard that he's selling his own brand of "cigarretes", each carton containing a "get an abortion FWREEE" and a Bammie Medal of Dishonor - he's laundering the money through Jarrett's underwear.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#788375 Oct 30, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever tell the truth?
Maybe not, but she's quit the little namecaller. Just as convincing (in her book).

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#788376 Oct 30, 2012
48 degrees a little wind not much rain. Power blinked once. Oceana NAS got the record for rainfall. 9.44 " I believe. That's about ten miles from here as the crow flies.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788378 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are so ridiculous it is not worth going any further.
No, they're not. Romney, through Bain Capital expanded Phillip Morris and British Tobacco with expansion into Russia. I'm not making this up. Look it up yourself, Vogue cigarrettes, comes with a charm bracelet. They were also involved in alcohol sales.

Romney’s Goldman Sachs 2002 Exchange Place Fund, valued at over a million dollars in 2010, brought in nearly $600,000 in gains in 2010 and is invested in:

- Watson Pharmaceuticals: manufacturer of nine forms of emergency contraception (which Romney incorrectly identifies as “abortifacients“).
- Johnson & Johnson: launched the first U.S. prescription birth control product in 1931 and produces various forms of birth control.
- Merck: produces various forms of birth control
- Mylan: produces birth control medication and filed the first application for a generic birth control pill last year.
- Pfizer: a contraception producer that recently had to recall about a million packs of birth-control pills that weren’t packaged correctly.

Ocala, FL

#788379 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Name-calling and insults?
I'm the constant brunt of such which I commonly reply to in nothing more than a sarcastic manner. Ask any of your compatriots.
And I guess I'm a nitwit for thinking that FOX would print the whole interview. What was I thinking eh?
I get sarcasm. It makes me mad, but it's also my way too. Maybe I was thinking of Lily with the childish name calling. And you said you were a nitwit, not me. Not today.
carol

Orlando, FL

#788380 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not. You are buying into rightwing propaganda. The only ones still chewing on this bone is Fox.
Nothing about it anywhere else at all.
Do you honestly think that the President of the United States wants anyone to die? Come on now, be real.
Lordy, Lily..."nothing about it anywhere else at all"???

Who do you think is trying to get this president reelected because of journalistic corruption after getting him elected the first time by doing the very same thing - blacking out unpleasant news?

You won't hear anything about it if they have any say in the matter.

It's not going away. Let me assure you.

By the way, you should at least keep up with CNN.

CNN headline - "U.S. official says superiors worked against effort to boost Benghazi security"
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/10/politics/congre...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#788382 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
I think we should explore the creditability of the NY Times.....
Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble
There are plenty of culprits, like lenders who peddled easy credit, consumers who took on mortgages they could not afford and Wall Street chieftains who loaded up on mortgage-backed securities without regard to the risk.
But the story of how the United States got here is partly one of Bush's own making, according to a review of his tenure that included interviews with dozens of current and former administration officials.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
How can they be wrong? They got the story right about Jarrett didn't they?
So there ya go. Just shot down 20,000 nutjobs posts that tried to blame the Dems for the housing bust. Thanks carol.
They is Jo Becker a decent journalist I suppose, she co-owns a Pulitzer for Angler, a major league hatchet job on Dick Cheney.

Carol doesn't quite understand the whole journalism thing, or math thing, or the history thing etc.

Ocala, FL

#788383 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
So? Who cares?
Where are Mitts tax returns?
On file with the IRS? Which proves there's not a thing illegal or wrong with them, except something YOU may not like (i.e., he made a lot of money and got to keep a lot of it too.)
TSM

El Paso, TX

#788384 Oct 30, 2012
I don’t care what strategy Obama tries to adopt!! The reality of Obama’s policies has impact the American People reshuffling the cards a week out will not change the Pain the American People has endure for the Past Four Years!! Romney/Ryan
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788385 Oct 30, 2012
Mitt Romney raising money at home of 'morning-after pill' exec

The $50,000-a-plate fundraiser Wednesday night is at the Miami home of Phil Frost, chairman of Teva Pharmaceuticals, which makes 'morning-after pills.' Mitt Romney opposes their use, calling them 'abortive pills.'

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2012/05...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788386 Oct 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Lordy, Lily..."nothing about it anywhere else at all"???
Who do you think is trying to get this president reelected because of journalistic corruption after getting him elected the first time by doing the very same thing - blacking out unpleasant news?
You won't hear anything about it if they have any say in the matter.
It's not going away. Let me assure you.
By the way, you should at least keep up with CNN.
CNN headline - "U.S. official says superiors worked against effort to boost Benghazi security"
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/10/politics/congre...
CNN has changed, it's getting into sensationalism like Fox, that Wolf Blitzer is a sniveling ass licker to the republicans.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788387 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead. Humorously reprise it. Let's see the references that prove otherwise, showing what a paragon of virtue Valarie Jarrit was in Chicago.
All I've seen so far are accusations that she was involved in something purposely nefarious (sans citation).

But that would just be a guess wouldn't it? Which to an anti-brither such as myself, is humorous.
carol

Orlando, FL

#788388 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
I think we should explore the creditability of the NY Times.....
Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble
There are plenty of culprits, like lenders who peddled easy credit, consumers who took on mortgages they could not afford and Wall Street chieftains who loaded up on mortgage-backed securities without regard to the risk.
But the story of how the United States got here is partly one of Bush's own making, according to a review of his tenure that included interviews with dozens of current and former administration officials.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
How can they be wrong? They got the story right about Jarrett didn't they?
So there ya go. Just shot down 20,000 nutjobs posts that tried to blame the Dems for the housing bust. Thanks carol.
That's kind of the whole point. The NYT is notoriously liberally biased. If they say Jarrett is who she is, you'd think you liberals would at least believe them if no one else.

The Democrats refused to rein in Fannie and Freddie - as did some Republicans - but the Democrats had a monopoly on keeping F*F alive and well. All the way up until the 11th hour and during the entire two years they controlled congress before the bottom fell out.

You should look up other sources to learn what really caused the house of cards to fall. It was much more complex than you try so hard to believe.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#788389 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
He's not. You are buying into rightwing propaganda.
Wrong.

Conflicting network news stories, contradictory quotes, and damning e-mails prove the only people buying the propaganda are you Obama lovers.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788390 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
On file with the IRS? Which proves there's not a thing illegal or wrong with them, except something YOU may not like (i.e., he made a lot of money and got to keep a lot of it too.)
No one is implying illegality. The implication is that Mitt has paid less tax than people who make $50,000 a year. He has paid income tax to foreign countries, hedged bets against US currency.
He has employed lobbyists, lawyers and accountants to create such a quagmire of money laundering schemes to avoid paying taxes that it would take years to comb through it.
It's a matter of ethics; he wants to be President?'
A money launderer and tax evader?
Mitt would take any advantage to make money, doesn't matter at whose expense, at the expense of the health of others, at the expense of peoples losing their jobs and retirement funds, at the expense of the vendors and creditors of the companies he raids.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#788391 Oct 30, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
Massive flooding in several major U.S. cities. Record storm surge. Power outages. Levees have failed. Multiple fatalities. People are seeking safety on their roofs. Scores are homeless. WHERE THE HELL IS OBAMA!?!?!
Seriously, do you expect him to be out there rescuing folks in person, or what??

Did you take Robme at face value, when he said he had expected Obama to stop the rise of the ocean, at the convention last summer...?

You do know Obama's not REALLY God, right?
Get a grip.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#788392 Oct 30, 2012
flack wrote:
48 degrees a little wind not much rain. Power blinked once. Oceana NAS got the record for rainfall. 9.44 " I believe. That's about ten miles from here as the crow flies.
Looks like WVA got spanked with heavy snow in the higher elevations and it's freezing in some areas. CNN was showing some live footage from Snowshoe, very pretty place that is.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788393 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I get sarcasm. It makes me mad, but it's also my way too. Maybe I was thinking of Lily with the childish name calling. And you said you were a nitwit, not me. Not today.
Self deprecation is good for the soul. Arrogance is the path to self righteousness. A path I care not to take.

I get along with most of these folks. Some have to be ignored, but the rest aren't too bad. You seem to be of above average intelligence. I think we can have some heated, but friendly discussions. Try it. Won't hurt a bit.

Ocala, FL

#788394 Oct 30, 2012
Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything that starts with the phrase "FOX News has learned ...." is flagged as spam on my computer.
It'd be a shame if you missed an actual FACT just because it came from Fox. You should realize the networks cover their own spin, all of them, and you have to research to try to figure out what's important and what's happening.

I suspect ya'll don't like Fox because they "lean" right during their opinion shows in primetime. They do report news, and sometimes cover things the liberal stations are not willing to.

Ever wonder what you're NOT hearing about?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#788395 Oct 30, 2012
Congratulation to the crews from Elizabeth City USCG Station. What them people do is truly heroic. Use to go there all the time. What a great bunch of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min Mandela 70,097
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min KiMare 50,621
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 2 hr shell 365
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Sgt Prepper 179,386
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 5 hr Just Saying 54,525
Perfect for Halloween 5 hr Harem 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 7 hr Godly 18
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]