Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788325 Oct 30, 2012
Last week, Indiana GOP Senate candidate Richard Mourdock argued in a debate that women who have been raped should not have access to abortion services because their pregnancies are a “gift from god.” As a survivor of childhood sexual violence, I disagree with him completely.

My name is Dawn Hill. Though I am old now, there was a time when I was young and carefree as you perhaps are now or can remember being in your childhood. Childhood should be a happy and carefree time for all our children, but my mother found her new husband, my stepfather, much more important. He forever took the joy away from my life when I was just 11 years old: He began molesting me and continued until he began raping me when I was 13

Mr. Mourdock last night said:“I came to realize life is that gift from God, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape. It is something that God intended to happen.”

I became pregnant, contrary to the "scientific theories" of many modern Republicans. Not only was the experience loathsome and painful, it was also impossible for me to deal with or talk about because of the times: in the fifties, abortion was illegal. Illegal in the same way the Republican Party platform states it wants to make abortion now by constitutional amendment and just as Presidential candidate Mitt Romney has suggested casually he would “be delighted” to return to.
Please, take a moment to travel back to the fifties with me.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/i-w...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788326 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
It's readily apparent that Carol is capable of making valid points and backing them up with a source. And you are only capable of responding with some type of insult and the use of the word "hate." Now, who do you truly feel is the more convincing in a discussion?
If only every right wing 'story' about Jarrett was true then I guess I wouldn't be such a sarcastic SOB.

Don't even ask me to discard that which is not true for what is. Goes to overall credibility don't you think?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#788327 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Obama hiding in Benghazi?
Is he hiding gross misconduct of his administration?
Treason?
Burglary vs Homicide

Libya/Benghazi is making Watergate look like a low classified misdemeanor.

The fact they watched this atrocity unfold while sitting on their hands is unbelievable.

Then again, this administration has ordered the assassination of American citizens with complete disregard for due process, so...
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#788328 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing.
LMAO
brush lee

Sonora, CA

#788329 Oct 30, 2012
sure why not de this generaarions answer to be thhe hope we have less cost for the library we beuilt on the islands will the text books cost more on Hawaii than texas or california?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788330 Oct 30, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Romney refuses to answer reporters questions about his opinion of FEMA. This could hurt his chances in Florida, Virginia, and North Carolina.
He's a coward. Just like he endorsed Murderdock the Rapepublican
"gods gift is a rapists baby"
I hope they blast that tape of his debate.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#788331 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Nothing. I thought you were smarter than the average republican.
Then why is Obama lying, avoiding and running away from the whole Benghazi nightmare. He is disrespecting those that gave their lives.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788332 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
If only every right wing 'story' about Jarrett was true then I guess I wouldn't be such a sarcastic SOB.
Don't even ask me to discard that which is not true for what is. Goes to overall credibility don't you think?
But, but, but, "she heard it herself on FOX"

What a trip they are.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#788333 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Just remember when you pull the lever for Romney:
1. Romney will shut down FEMA and redirect taxpayer money to private contractors
2. Romney will sign any and all anti abortion legislation
3. Romney will give a tax cuts to the wealthy that the middle class will pay for; again
4. Romney will dismantle the EPA; making way for further pollution of our fields and streams; will destroy our natural resources drilling for oil
5. Romney will end Medicare and Medicaide and privatize Social Security
6. Romney endorse Mourdock; the Rapepublican who said a rapists c hild is a gift from God
7. Romney will sign the Personhood bill, outlawing contraception, the morning after pill and abortion.
Wow, he's got my vote!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788334 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, look who wrote it. Juan Williams...a nice guy but seems incredibly naive' and will defend ANY democrat spin no matter how ludicrous it seems. Btw, A FOX commentator, FYI Sonic.
Ah. The man doesn't say what you want to hear so you dismiss him out of hand.

Big surprise. You're just as biased as any other right wing 'winner' on this thread.

Goes to credibility don't you think?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788335 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, the guy doesn't even drink beer and you want to paint him as a drug lord? Obama spent years in the hood in Chicago, he is far more acquainted with the drug culture.
What does investing in drug smuggling have to do with drinking beer?
Do you think drug dealers take drugs? It's a business, and one of the biggest ones Peppy. Pres. Bush gave the Taliban $400 million to eradicate the poppy fields. HA! It was seed money! Heroin production has increased something like 200%; drug sales buy the arms; the next biggest business.
It's got nothing to do with drug culture and if you don't realize the magnitude of money that comes from these ventures, then perhaps you should do some reading about it.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#788336 Oct 30, 2012
News update: Homer lost his basement, but he gained an indoor pool. Flack's windmill has generated enough power to last him a month.

Have not seen any apologies to Flack just yet. He was absolutely correct about the storm.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#788337 Oct 30, 2012
Mitt Romney’s campaign has been training poll watchers in Wisconsin with highly misleading — and sometimes downright false — information about voters’ rights.
Filthydelphia has escapees from The Planet of the Apes standing with clubs in front of polling places. Hope we meet some of them ... autographs will be the reason; you know, leave a mark "x".
Morons4Mitt

Russellville, KY

#788338 Oct 30, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Burglary vs Homicide
Libya/Benghazi is making Watergate look like a low classified misdemeanor.
The fact they watched this atrocity unfold while sitting on their hands is unbelievable.
Then again, this administration has ordered the assassination of American citizens with complete disregard for due process, so...
Your Repubs voting to take money away from Embassy security. You all are nothing but a bunch of Repub Hypocrites.
House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012....Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security”— a charge Republicans rejected.
Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788340 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
They allow Juan-speak all the time. Part of that fair and balanced you have no coherent knowlege of.
"Juan Williams...a nice guy but seems incredibly naive' and will defend ANY democrat spin no matter how ludicrous it seems."
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788341 Oct 30, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is Obama lying, avoiding and running away from the whole Benghazi nightmare. He is disrespecting those that gave their lives.
He's not. You are buying into rightwing propaganda. The only ones still chewing on this bone is Fox.
Nothing about it anywhere else at all.
Do you honestly think that the President of the United States wants anyone to die? Come on now, be real.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#788342 Oct 30, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, he's got my vote!
Me too, I am voting for Romney in three different states. With no ID law I can vote as often as I please.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#788343 Oct 30, 2012
As a "severely conservative" Republican primary candidate, Mitt Romney said he would consider shuttering the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
When asked, "even in the event of a national disaster?", he said "yes"
... and ... go ahead; finish the statement. He would replace it with what?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#788344 Oct 30, 2012
<quoted text>
What does investing in drug smuggling have to do with drinking beer?
Do you think drug dealers take drugs? It's a business, and one of the biggest ones Peppy. Pres. Bush gave the Taliban $400 million to eradicate the poppy fields. HA! It was seed money! Heroin production has increased something like 200%; drug sales buy the arms; the next biggest business.
It's got nothing to do with drug culture and if you don't realize the magnitude of money that comes from these ventures, then perhaps you should do some reading about it.
Your comments are so ridiculous it is not worth going any further.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788347 Oct 30, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
And guess who drew them ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK?(or are you thinking that's somehow a photograph of reality in your world?)
The Plus in Romney's 0 Percent Black Vote Support

Another insidious GOP ploy with its eye on black voters is to bankroll and promote a handful of visible and vocal black conservatives to recite all the stock criticisms of Obama, civil rights leaders, and Democrats. This creates the deliberate and false impression that a substantial number of blacks don't support the Democratic Party despite the polls.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earl-ofari-hutc...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Frank 179,420
Dr john 0782857120 abortion clinic in jane furs... 13 min Dr john 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 50,640
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,665
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr grave digger 47,501
Abby 10-23-14 5 hr pde 10
Amy 10-24 6 hr edogxxx 11
Abby 10-24 6 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]