Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
730,001 - 730,020 of 1,100,167 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#787893 Oct 29, 2012
"Mitt Romney's new ad is a sure sign that he knows he's in trouble in Ohio. When the American auto industry and a million workers' jobs were on the line, Mitt Romney turned his back. Now he's pretending it never happened and is trying to scare Ohioans by repeating a blatant falsehood that Chrysler is moving its Jeep operations to China," said Obama campaign spokesman Frank Benenati.

"Even the Detroit News, which this ad cites, condemned his plan that would have let Chrysler and GM go under and praised the President for his 'extraordinary' rescue of the industry. Mitt Romney might be willing to do anything to close the deal, but Ohioans know where he stood when it mattered most, and they won't be fooled by his dishonest ads in the final days of this campaign," Benenati said.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121028/P...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#787894 Oct 29, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
Same ol' boring sh it, nothing changes.
"dumos"
For once you are correct!!!! You are back and as boring and inane as ever.
Peace
KMA

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#787895 Oct 29, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
Wow! It worked! Oh my God, you're not going to believe this but Mayor Bloomberg just blew in the kitchen window! He ran behind the couch! What'll I do?
Hide your broom.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#787896 Oct 29, 2012
Nobama wrote:
Don't panic, jane, do NOT let it see you are afraid of him. Try putting on a little soothing music and put a trail of raw hamburger from the couch to the door?
imposter....

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#787897 Oct 29, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"red&whiteglue"
Right wing? Maybe. Conservative yes. Lets see;
- It makes no difference to me what consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom
- If two of the same sex want to get married, more power to them, makes no difference to me
- While I am pro life I can understand abortion/murder in the cases of rape, incest or if the mother's life is in danger
- I am a firm believer that we should not have troops stationed all over the world interfering, I would much prefer the troops were on our southern border controlling illegal immigration
- I detest folks who think they should pay a lower Federal Income tax rate than others, those who invested, busted their butts and built something
- I am a firm believer if monies are not available the government should not print more or borrow more to keep their base happy
- I am sick over the fact we have a president nobama who has run up the largest deficit ever, has governed to ensure record numbers of Americans need food stamps to eat and has watched over the near 10% reduction in Americans incomes
I realize you do not understand the difference. I have to note you did not question anything that was noted about the president.
Peace
KMA
Exactly. I don't care what anyone does in their bedroom. I don't what to have to pay for anything they need to do it, either. And, I damn sure don't want to pay for the problems their irresponsibility causes. They should be responsible for:
Whatever it takes for them to engage in hedonism;
and whatever is the result of their hedonism.

Their choice of lifestyle shouldn't cost me one dime.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#787898 Oct 29, 2012
flack wrote:
New York City getting slammed. Tunnel flooding in New York City.
"flack"
Not to worry, "homo" says the storm hitting the Easter Coast is over hyped. It's no big deal.
Peace
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787899 Oct 29, 2012
redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text>
That surely sounds like a right winger.I can hear the wind between his ears on my computer.
Come in off the deck before you get hit by one of those stop signs flying around in the wind. You would think you would have learned a lesson from that last storm when that garden gnome slammed up your sphincter.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787900 Oct 29, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"flack"
Not to worry, "homo" says the storm hitting the Easter Coast is over hyped. It's no big deal.
Peace
Hi Eed, how you been doing? Homer is right about 5% of the time, so what else is new.

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#787901 Oct 29, 2012
times up wrote:
<quoted text>DB i don't know why you would talk to these idiots ,they are OWSers that don't even know how to shit right.
These nuts are what I like to call Obama's "White House Internet Tactical Effort"
WHITE
Ironic, isn't it?
Most are paid to be here. It's part of that massive White House effort to counter the massive amount of criticism of Obama on the internet.

For you and me, we are actually interested in the truth. Nobody knows it all. I learn a lot in these posts. It gives me clues to look in to and dig around.

And, sometimes, it's just fun to slaughter some idiot knowingly spewing some ignorant indoctrinated party line propaganda lie.

ABO. It's our only chance.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787903 Oct 29, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
Wow! It worked! Oh my God, you're not going to believe this but Mayor Bloomberg just blew in the kitchen window! He ran behind the couch! What'll I do?
Try a Big Gulp, that should make his scurry away.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#787904 Oct 29, 2012
This fits perfectly with my post yesterday!!

Getting there slowly but surely the truth
will set us free!! MLK!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

#787905 Oct 29, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"flack"
Peace
Even that isn't working out for the Democrats. The bigger the storm is, the more "presidential" Obama gets to be. You can bet the Democrats are hoping for a storm from hell and destruction everywhere.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#787906 Oct 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
There's basic dishonesty and then there's f-you dishonesty--dishonesty so blatant, so consciously abusive of facts that everyone knows, that it deserves a category of its own. Kato Keilin: dishonesty. O.J.: f-you dishonesty.
Romney's new ad about Jeeps and Italy is f-you dishonest. You probably know the background. Bloomberg News moved a confusingly worded article last week suggesting, if you didn't read it closely, that Jeep (under Chrysler, owned by Fiat) was sending all its production to China. Romney said this on the trail.
I originally cut Romney a break here--some aide handed him a news article that was sloppily or strangely written, he read it on the fly, he decided to throw it in there. Not such a crime.
But then Chrysler ripped Romney and said no way, this is not true. Chrysler is thinking about putting plants in China down the road to try to increase market share there. But as for the here and now and the U.S. market, Chrysler is not only not cutting back domestic Jeep production but expanding it, investing $500 million in the Toledo, Ohio Jeep plant.
At that point, even most political campaigns would have just dropped it. They wouldn't apologize, because campaigns don't do that, but a normal campaign would just drop it and try to move on.
So what did Romney's campaign do? It cut a TV ad doubling down on the claim, cleverly worded so as to suggest that the Obama administration sold out America (and Ohio) by selling Chrysler to the Italians who are moving production to China.
Jon Cohn of TNR has a good write-up here that goes into more detail on domestic auto industry employment, which was cratering before the bailout and has picked up briskly since. The "say anything" credo of the Romney campaign continues and mushrooms. I think this one might backfire though. Are the workers and voters of Toledo amused being knowingly misrepresented and used like this? I'd like to see an Obama ad featuring some of the workers at this very plant.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/10...
It's the FOX culture.
There's basic dishonesty and then there's f-you dishonesty--dishonesty so blatant, so consciously abusive of facts that everyone knows, that it deserves a category of its own.
------
0's MOTTO
In a "class" of his own!!!!!
Tournefort

Richmond, IN

#787907 Oct 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Romney's ad about Chrysler building Jeeps in China....
"A statement from Chrysler said the company “has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China,” but is “simply reviewing the opportunities to return Jeep output to China for the world's largest auto market.”"
Mitt Romney - LIAR
Speaking of China ...

January 2012

"Earlier this year, GM's CEO Dan Akerson was quoted as saying that the automaker was looking to expand production in China by 760,000 units (see China: 17 January 2012: GM Plans More Plants in China)."

February 2012

"GM Receives Regulatory Approval for 300,000-Unit Plant in China's Hubei Province."

http://www.ihs.com/products/global-insight/in...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#787908 Oct 29, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
There's basic dishonesty and then there's f-you dishonesty--dishonesty so blatant, so consciously abusive of facts that everyone knows, that it deserves a category of its own.
------
0's MOTTO
In a "class" of his own!!!!!
A good offense is a good defense? Sorry.....

Jeep in China

There are times when the reading of a newswire report generates storms originated by a biased or predisposed approach.

On Oct. 22, 2012, at 11:10 a.m. ET, the Bloomberg News report “Fiat Says Jeep® Output May Return to China as Demand Rises” stated “Chrysler currently builds all Jeep SUV models at plants in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. Manley (President and CEO of the Jeep brand) referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China.”

Despite clear and accurate reporting, the take has given birth to a number of stories making readers believe that Chrysler plans to shift all Jeep production to China from North America, and therefore idle assembly lines and U.S. workforce. It is a leap that would be difficult even for professional circus acrobats.

Let’s set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China. It’s simply reviewing the opportunities to return Jeep output to China for the world’s largest auto market. U.S. Jeep assembly lines will continue to stay in operation. A careful and unbiased reading of the Bloomberg take would have saved unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments.

http://blog.chryslergroupllc.com/blog.do;jses...

Yes, please keep defending Romney.[?]

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#787911 Oct 29, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
How quickly everybody forgets..........
Bill Clinton was suspended from practicing law in Arkansas and paid a $250,000 fine as a result of the Monica Lewinski incident. He also paid a $850,000 settlement over the Paula Jones incident. He was also disbarred from practicing law in front of the Supreme Court. So Bill Clinton, a disbarred lawyer, a President who was impeached for lying under oath, is asking the American people to believe him when he says the best thing for the country is four more years of Obama. Just wanted to make sure I had that right.
And so the disbarred liar lawyer is teaming up with Hair-Plug Joe Gaffer in Ohio to lie all the way to the end of the Earth for the Boy Messiah the Liar-In-Chief.

Gee. I think we'd get more honesty from Monica Lewinsky and Bernie Madoff than from these professional Used Car Salesmen.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#787912 Oct 29, 2012
ImmigrationCounters.com informs the public of the realities of illegal immigration while challenging the myths and misinformation surrounding it. After decades of passively watching this problem grow, most Americans are now aware of the severity of this issue.
http://www.immigrationcounters.com/
Logic

United States

#787913 Oct 29, 2012
Bain, Atkin , Mourdock and a one failed term as Gov are the passes Romney is getting on the way to the White House. Amazing!
LooTER SHooTER

United States

#787914 Oct 29, 2012
If CROWbama IS STILL DOING AN INVESTIGATION ON BENGAZI ATTACK- HOW DID HE IMMEDIATLEY JUMP TO THE CONCLUSION IMMEDIATLY THAT IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF A YOUTUBE VIDEO?? He is a LIAR ! He is GUILTY OF FOUR AMERICANS BEING MURDERED !
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#787915 Oct 29, 2012
Buck Ofama wrote:
<quoted text>go find obama he's good with vermin,he speaks their language.he'll coax the little critter out and have him voting for him before they hit the front door.
Like your name...clever!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min BoDidHe 49,477
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Grand Birther 177,373
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min SpaceBlues 46,313
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,932
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 68,977
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 3 hr peter osterman 7
Amy 8-29 6 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE