Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232907 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#788219 Oct 30, 2012
Nobama wrote:
I remember when I was a boy and we used to parachute out of trees with bedsheets tied to our backs, these few, this band of brothers. Buck Ofama!
so thats what happened to you.....They have brain surgery now for that.. sorry
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788220 Oct 30, 2012
To some extent, Ms. Jarrett is part of a White House tradition. Bill Clinton brought along his fellow Arkansan Bruce Lindsey as his Mr. Fix-It. Mr. Bush had his Texas confidantes, Karen Hughes and Harriet Miers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/us/politics...

Common knowledge.
Nobama

Scranton, PA

#788221 Oct 30, 2012
We need to find and punish this Ben Ghazi guy, damned moss limes! It's time we took America back for americans, particularly fighter pilots.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#788222 Oct 30, 2012
Working from a cozy office previously occupied by Mr. Rove, with a staff of nearly three dozen, Ms. Jarrett is the president’s link to the world outside the White House bubble.

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice occasionally uses Ms. Jarrett, with whom she has become friendly, as an informal back channel to pass along foreign policy views, officials said.

And Bob Riley, a former Republican governor of Alabama, remembers the way Ms. Jarrett responded to his pleas for equipment to contain the BP oil spill in 2010.“Within 24 hours, what we had been told was an impossible task was done,” he said.

Common knowledge.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788223 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know where the big money is, and it's in Washington, and I know how to get it". Mitt Romneys power point presentation, 2002
He is an opportunist and a thief, would divert funds to private contractors. This guy will do anything or a buck, it's a sick game
Romney knows how to get the big money that Obamafailure was never able to do, which is why Obamafailure will cease in January.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788224 Oct 30, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>I never understand peoples hatred of Haiti...maybe you racist just hate anywhere blacks live....
Haiti is a beautiful island..that suffered years of dictators and a devastating earth quake..I personally would love to be able to afford to live on a Caribbean island ...that why I live in the keys....Sorry your a bigot, maybe you'll grow up some day...
I love Haiti and Haitians, just not the sick, perverted ones like you. Now build your raft and return to your homeland.
fred

Newington, CT

#788225 Oct 30, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
CT electricity only out for Romney supporters. Obama supporters continue to have electricity, internet access, and all cable channels with the exception of FAUX
Before the Benghazi disaster, the Kenyan killed border agents by smuggling guns to to Mexican drug gangs to foment violence on the border to undermine the 2nd Amendment.

Report: Fast and Furious a product of DOJ ‘deliberate strategy’ laid out by Eric Holder, other senior Obama officials

Matthew Boyle
Investigative Reporter

The latest congressional report on Operation Fast and Furious found that the gunwalking-program-turned-scan dal was the result of a “deliberate strategy created at the highest levels of the Justice Department aimed at identifying the leaders of a major gun trafficking ring.”

The report is the second installment in a three-part series from Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Sen. Chuck Grassley and House oversight committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa.

That “deliberate strategy,” congressional investigators argue, sprang from “a series of speeches about combating violence along the Southwest border” that Attorney General Eric Holder delivered shortly after taking office.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/29/report-fast...
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788226 Oct 30, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>If these "many people" are known to you, Troll, I really don't care what they think, and six months is not quite a newborn in intelligent circles. GFY
So what you're saying is that you intend to raise your 6 month old with the disgusting, foul-mouthed tongue of an illegitimate babymama. Does your illegitimate babydaddy even care? Is that why he left you?
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788227 Oct 30, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They're black.
Many people believe that you use the race card because that is all you have left from an incompetent and failed Obama presidency.
Nobama

Scranton, PA

#788228 Oct 30, 2012
This is vaguely reminiscent of the powerlessness I felt when the kids first put me in Happy Hills... Those damn orientals, whatever possessed me to marry a gook?

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#788229 Oct 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's common knowledge Valerie Jarrett made Obama who and what he is. She has access to the president's private quarters 24/7 and oftentimes is the last person to leave and have his ear.
Unless you think, like Lily, the New York Times doesn't know what it's saying:
"A Chicagoan who helped Mr. Obama navigate his rise through that insular management style.
"While other presidents have had their close confidentes "Few have had the stature and the ability to step outside traditional White House protocol of Ms. Jarrett. She is the only staff member who regularly follows the president home from the West Wing to the residence, a practice that has earned her the nickname 'the Night Stalker.' By day, Mr.-is-the-other-power-in-the- west-wing.html?pagewanted=all plai
Knowledge is power.
Thank god for people like Valerie Jarrett ..
we could have still be stuck with a puppet president like Bush controlled by Karl Rove...

carol never understands strong educated women... being a house mouse herself she is jealous of sucess..Carol is failure personified...
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#788230 Oct 30, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>mybe romnuts could be President of Haiti then
I knew you would return to your roots, even though they have had you deported.
Nobama

Scranton, PA

#788231 Oct 30, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
May be a positive for Romney... the effects of the storm could affect early voting and roaches have an aversion to water ... many will stay home.
And not only are the blacks afraid of water typically, they re forbidden from using canoes by their religion. Car outside just backfired, brought back vivid memories of Korea.
fred

Newington, CT

#788232 Oct 30, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>
we could have still be stuck with a puppet president like Bush controlled by Karl Rove...
carol never understands strong educated women... being a house mouse herself she is jealous of sucess..Carol is failure personified...
Kenyan employes the race care to deflect criticism of his murder of the Benghazi four.

America knows the Kenyan left them to die and flew to Vegas to party with Beyonce

“But I do take offense, as I’ve said during one of the debates, that there’s some suggestion, you know, that we, in any way haven’t tried to make sure that the American people knew as information was coming in what we believed happened.”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#788233 Oct 30, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he’s a gem alright. I do agree with him about one thing. He knows a lot about making money, at least for himself. But I don’t see a shred of soul or honor, just pure unmitigated (no pun intended), self-serving greed. Sadly, he wants to be President, but doesn’t understand why.
Maybees, you and the welfare queen of Boca should take lessons, Naw, that would mean you would need to expend energy?
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#788234 Oct 30, 2012
Letter to the POTUS from Jim Dement!!!!

1. AARP makes most of its money selling health insurance to seniors – and profits financially when premiums rise. According to its own financial statements, AARP received nearly half a billion dollars in “royalty fees”– or what AARP members have called “kickbacks”– from United Healthcare just last year. Most of this money came from selling Medigap supplemental insurance to seniors. And the arrangement under which AARP receives royalties for selling Medigap plans is ethically questionable – AARP receives a percentage of every Medigap premium dollar paid by seniors, meaning AARP makes more in profits the higher premium costs climb.

2. AARP currently discriminates against seniors with pre-existing conditions. AARP admits that it imposes waiting periods on individuals applying for its Medigap plans who have pre-existing conditions. These practices not only violate AARP’s supposed commitment to “ending health status discrimination”– they also violate your claim that insurance companies won’t be able to “jerk you around” now that Obamacare has passed.

3. Obamacare allows AARP and other sellers of Medigap insurance to continue discriminating against seniors with pre-existing conditions. The Medigap insurance market – which AARP dominates – received a special exemption from the law’s ban on pre-existing condition discrimination, so AARP can continue its practice of restricting access to those with pre-existing conditions with your Administration’s blessing. Medigap insurance also received waivers from several other new requirements in the law: Section 1103 exempts plans from medical-loss ratio requirements; Section 9014 exempts plans from caps on industry executive compensation; and Section 10905(d) exempts plans from the tax applied to all other health insurers. Your Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) went even further, exempting Medigap insurance from premium rate review through regulations – even though AARP, the largest seller of Medigap plans, makes more in profit the higher premiums rise on seniors.

Documents recently released by House investigators also show a close nexus between your Administration and AARP during the rush to ram Obamacare through Congress. For instance, Jim Messina – then your Deputy Chief of Staff, now your re-election campaign manager – asked AARP for “immediate robo calls into Nebraska urging [Senator Ben] Nelson to vote for cloture” on the bill. And in December 2009, the White House Office of Public Engagement asked AARP to put out talking points rebutting a Republican amendment related to Medicare.

I am therefore concerned that your Administration may have negotiated a backroom deal, whereby AARP’s lucrative Medigap insurance was exempted from new regulations and enforcement, while AARP provided political cover to your campaign to enact Obamacare – and now your campaign for re-election. HHS Secretary Sebelius has been very quick to attack other insurers’ practices, but has not dared criticize AARP – even though AARP’s insurance business is more profitable than many other insurance companies.

If you want to ensure seniors are not at the mercy of insurance companies, I encourage you to stop defending AARP’s abusive insurance practices, and instead stand up to the organization when it takes advantage of seniors.

Sincerely,

Jim DeMint.

So Barack Hussien Obama conspired with AARP to win the
election and to hell with Seniors wishes?????
TSM

El Paso, TX

#788235 Oct 30, 2012
The photo of Obama sitting in the Chair in the Oval Office phone up to his Ear it’s just been confirm who was on the other End ( Valarie Jarrett) telling Obama act like you Care we know you don’t Care “ O “ a week to Go now Perk Up those Ears and Put a Smile on that Face!!!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#788236 Oct 30, 2012
The result of years of taking drugs:
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>
carol

Orlando, FL

#788238 Oct 30, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
To some extent, Ms. Jarrett is part of a White House tradition. Bill Clinton brought along his fellow Arkansan Bruce Lindsey as his Mr. Fix-It. Mr. Bush had his Texas confidantes, Karen Hughes and Harriet Miers.
Common knowledge.
But if you kept reading..."But few have the stature and the ability to step outside traditional White House protocol of Ms. Jarrett."

Upon further reading..."She is the only staff member who regularly follows the president home from the West Wing...and when the Obamas take an out-of-town break, she often goes along."

And, of course, you must have missed the part where Obama’s two chiefs of staff, Rahm Emanuel and Mr. Daley, clash with Ms. Jarrett over strategic direction and over who has "greater authority to interpret and carry out the president’s wishes."

When a confidente "clashes with chiefs of staff" over a president's "strategic decisions" and "who has the greater authority"...there's something rotten in Denmark.

This is not the norm for any former president's confidentes.

So, again I say to you, knowledge is power.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#788240 Oct 30, 2012
Mitt Romney’s campaign has been training poll watchers in Wisconsin with highly misleading — and sometimes downright false — information about voters’ rights.

This packet could cause major problems if Republican observers across the state try to enforce such wrong and misleading information on Election Day. Even if they simply slow the voting process down, this could discourage voters waiting in line and drive drown turnout.

Here are four misleading or incorrect pieces of information disbursed by the Romney campaign:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/10/30/1...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Guru 189,882
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 32 min Lexus1985 425
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 39 min Lexus1985 407
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 53,520
News 1 dead, 4 wounded in Chicago shootings 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr RACE 99,543
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr James 51,766
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]