Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,495)

Showing posts 729,881 - 729,900 of1,071,359
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Since he came into office, Republicans have consistently attacked President Obama for supposedly being anti-business. As ThinkProgress noted last week, the data shows that this charge is nonsense.
In fact, as the financial website Motley Fool noted today, President Obama is far and away the best president for corporate profits since 1900:
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/10/26/1...
Business owners overwhelmingly support Romney. If Obama was so good, it would be the opposite. Wishful thinking on your part does not change reality.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>True true, except for maybe DBWriter, the word on the street is that he is the spawn of Satan.
The closer it gets to Halloween, the more powerful I get.))))

Have to leave on a note, though. So....

All sane people are epicurean. The boundary between (sane) epicureanism and (insane) hedonism is crossed when a person expects everyone else to be responsible for the results and effects of their attempts to exercise their epicurean desires, which become hedonistic demands.
If a person exercises their epicurean desires and accepts responsibility for all effects and results, then this person is still sane.
If a person exercises their epicurean desires and expects the general society at large to support the burden of the effects and results of their exercise of epicurean desires. This person is defined as a hedonist.

The Republicans are consistent with epicureanism.
The Democrats are consistent with hedonism.
Martin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike G wrote:
I voted for Barack Obama in 2008. To understand why Iím switching, it helps to understand why I backed him four years ago. I am a Democrat, but vote as an independent.
Then you're an Independent. Maybe.
America was dangerously polarized, and unable to act in ways that even 60 percent of the public could support.
Well, you can thank Karl Rove for that, can't you? Instead of focusing on real issues, Rove concentrated on social issues like gay rights designed to fan the flames of hatred and split the electorate over non-essential items.
The war on terror was falling out of favor, despite the continuing threat.
No, it's more like the public was fed up after seven years without substantial progress. Bush putting Kharzei in power did for us in Afghanistan what Ngo Diem did for us in Vietnam. That, plus all the slaughter caused by his bone-headed drone strikes.
Good ideas were getting thrown out with the bad and Republicans had squandered the chance to govern.
Eight years of Bush left us with two unfinished wars, one of which he lied us into, a looming economic catastrophe, and GOP "trickle down" theories in shambles.

Time for a change.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't vote for Romney if you put a loaded gun to my head.
Homer will not be responsible for the final nail in the coffin of the middle class.
Peppy has his new pet all ready for the big storm -
http://www.angelrstone.com/wp-content/uploads...
Arnold needs to be ready. I am just being responsible, something you liberals just do not seem to understand.

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

With any luck fred will be one of the ones killed by this storm....And all you racist in this storm.

Mitt romney said he will get rid of FEMA and federal flood insurance program..so we will see who begs for help up north when this is over...
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You make shit up like lyin' Beck and Crazy Faux. Check out the Conscription laws going all the way back to the Civil War...one of my ancestors was in the Revolution, but I have my doubts about yours. Sons of prominent families like George Romney? You're wrong.'nuff said. Who's been fighting the Cheney/Bush debacles for the last ten years? Bushes and Romneys, no doubt? Ryan, of the Irish Mafia, has a sterling record in that respect as well. Poppycock!
Lt. Col. Banastre "The Butcher" Tarleton was your ancestor? No wonder you're such a bitch. LOL
Martin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Pelosi drove the economy into recession by forcing high energy prices instigating the sub prime fueled collapse of the financial sector. The Kenyan's communist coup made the depression worse.
Democrats are 100% responsible for the economic misery of America.
Fred, see if you can guess which president signed the American Dream Act which really opened the doors for low-income appplicants.

Begins with a G. Last name ends in the letter H.

Also see if you can guess which party was in the majority most of the time from 2001-2009.

Think hard.

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The closer it gets to Halloween, the more powerful I get.))))
Have to leave on a note, though. So....
All sane people are epicurean. The boundary between (sane) epicureanism and (insane) hedonism is crossed when a person expects expects the general society at large to support the burden of the effects and results of their exercise of epicurean desires. This person is defined as a hedonist.
The Republicans are consistent with epicureanism.
The Democrats are consistent with hedonism.
Ths Dbwronger are consistent with bullshit and lies
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Listen jackassface I did not have a problem with going in to Afhghanistan and going after the Taliban, get in get out and be done with it, the problem is unlike the Russians we're still there 10 years later. As for Iraq we never should have gone in, no justification has ever be brought to Homer to warrant an invasion.
Well here you have it folks, Homer supports genocide around the world. Tyrannical dictators are just fine with him. No surprise to me, he has a full set of dictator corning ware he bought with green stamps. I thought those things were gone, but apparently PA is fifty years behind the rest of the country.

“Birds Eye”

Since: Sep 12

Camp Bell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
And My Gawd that Hillary-facebook-is-not-eviden ce looks old.
She's aged 15 years in just 4!
That's what happens when you prostitute yourself for the devil!
Just an old political hag of a ho'.
I just adore a good catty snark! Don't yewwww?!
EHee-Hee-Hee! ;)
Hello, I would like to invite you to read your posts the next time you're sober.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, I agree they are to blame as well. Don't you insult me, leave that to the lowlifes on the thread. And 'Bah' is mine too.
Yeah...right there with you Homer. Don't forget humbug, you own that one too.

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
And My Gawd that mommy-facebook-is-not-evidence looks old.
She's aged 15 years in just 4!
That's what happens when you prostitute yourself for the devil!
mom ia an old political hag of a ho'.
I just adore a good dick to suck! Don't yewwww?!
EHee-Hee-Hee! ;)
I bet your mother has a loud bark!
Are your parents siblings?
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So what happens if you become the sad dummy Nov. 7?
You gonna become an O'Reilly fan too?
Not to worry Carol. Voter apathy is going to kill Obama. He got out the vote last time, but it won't repeat. Many of the poor and young crowd may still support him, but will not show up to vote. His appeal is nowhere near 2008. My bet is that even the black panthers will not man the poles to intimidate this time around. Homer not withstanding of course.

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the military draft is slavery and should never be used......
and you whine about your heritage far too much, as if it matters.....
spoken like a true anti-american cowards

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>
Ths Dbwronger are consistent with bullshit and lies
... <boo> ....))))))
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here you have it folks, Homer supports genocide around the world. Tyrannical dictators are just fine with him. No surprise to me, he has a full set of dictator corning ware he bought with green stamps. I thought those things were gone, but apparently PA is fifty years behind the rest of the country.
Stop it. Since Obama became president tyrannical leaders are dropping like flies and you rightwingers have been whining about it the entire time. I would have had no issue taking Saddam out with a well placed missile strike or drone, he just didn't warrant and entire invasion, destruction and subsequent rebuilding of an entire nation. You Republicans always enter into everything with a lot of bluster and bombast and leave the rest of us to pick up the pieces.
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...right there with you Homer. Don't forget humbug, you own that one too.
Patent pending.
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred, see if you can guess which president signed the American Dream Act which really opened the doors for low-income appplicants.
Begins with a G. Last name ends in the letter H.
Also see if you can guess which party was in the majority most of the time from 2001-2009.
Think hard.
The Kenyan is 100% responsible for blackmailing bankers into issuing mortgages to minorities or face the charge of racism.

Democrats are 100% responsible for the trillions in sub prime loans that collapsed the financial sector.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

LOL wrote:
Halloween is Wednesday. I changed my moocher-scaring costume from a KKK sheet and mask to a job application.
LOL
I'm going as a repo man.
It seems I go to a lot of Democrat districts. I wonder what the statistics on that are.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>spoken like a true anti-american cowards
If it came down to a choice between you and me, fckedup, I win!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 729,881 - 729,900 of1,071,359
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 5 min In Your Face 69
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Mister Tonka 97,420
Chicago Democrats a Protected Species on the Na... 5 min bensley reality 2
Amy 7-10 6 min Cass 5
Abby 7-10 21 min Cass 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,533
Show your indie spirit on Chicago's first Indep... 50 min reading is queer 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••