Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
729,801 - 729,820 of 1,082,469 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

A week from tomorrow ‘The American People’ will be ushering in the 45th President of the United States… President Romney!!!
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Super smackdown Homer!!
Flack? Comments?
Stop believing every stupid propaganda email you get, they're designed to make you look stupid.
fred was retweeted describing the Finland fluker!

Your Tweet was favorited!

@vickikellar Yes. Scary. Obamabots are zombies who repeat a programmed mantra to every Obama failure.#sorospaidpropagandama chine
Mike G

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

I voted for Barack Obama in 2008. To understand why I’m switching, it helps to understand why I backed him four years ago. I am a Democrat, but vote as an independent. I see people, not parties, so Obama’s label played no role.

My choice involved a simple calculation. Would John McCain or Obama be more likely to forge a consensus on big issues? America was dangerously polarized, and unable to act in ways that even 60 percent of the public could support. History shows that paralysis leads to disaster.

The war on terror was falling out of favor, despite the continuing threat. Good ideas were getting thrown out with the bad and Republicans had squandered the chance to govern.

When the financial crisis hit, McCain stumbled. He wanted to postpone a debate and rushed back to Washington — but had nothing to say or do. Obama kept silent and followed the lead of congressional Democrats. While not exactly great statesmanship, he at least looked steady.

McCain, a genuine American hero, often revealed his maverick streak, his choice of Sarah Palin being Exhibit A. Despite doubts about her readiness, I found myself defending her against the vicious attacks from the left, especially by women.

McCain was my real problem. Mavericks make good whistleblowers and lousy CEOs. Upsetting the apple cart is not a qualification for the Oval Office.

Obama’s soaring rhetoric enticed me at first, and I got a jolt of Messiah Alert when he said his rise marked the moment “when the planet began to heal,” but I still thought he was better than McCain.

Where he totally fooled me was his claim to be a pragmatist, not an ideologue. He spoke of uniting the country and I believed he was capable and sincere. That he won 70 million votes and more than two-thirds of the Electoral College spoke to his appeal.

He failed as president because he is incompetent, dishonest and not interested in the actual work of governing. His statist policies helped consign millions of Americans to a lower standard of living and his odious class warfare further divided the nation. He had no intention of uniting the country — it was his Big Lie.

I don’t hate him. But I sure as hell don’t trust him.

As for the desperate charge that opposition to Obama makes me a racist, let me note that he was black when I voted for him.

Which brings us to Romney. A year ago, I thought he might be acceptable, maybe the only one in the GOP field. Now I see him as much more than acceptable.

During the long slog, Romney revealed qualities that could make him a very good president. There is not a hint of scandal in his life or career, and his economic policies could spark real growth in jobs, not in food stamps.

He keenly recognizes the danger of the growing debt. With Paul Ryan, he chose a youthful, smart No. 2 who possesses deep knowledge of the budget mess and yet an optimistic view of America’s future.

On the foreign stage, Romney is a novice, but his instincts about American power are right and his remarks in the last debate about Obama’s apology tour were a defining difference. It is impossible to imagine Romney going abroad to criticize his country, or lying about the murder of an ambassador. The challenger is right when he says Obama has made the nation less safe.

Romney is no “movement conservative,” but is moderate and prudent in the everyday ways of most Americans. As he proved in Massachusetts, he can work with Democrats to get things done.

As for being a Mormon, to hold that against Romney is pure bigotry. His election would knock down one more barrier to equality of opportunity.

Finally, there is temperament. Romney’s firm, steady demeanor during Obama’s rancid attempts at character assassination demonstrates the presidential character lacking in the incumbent.

That’s the change I want for my country.
FONZIE

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
I'm more concerned with static Islamic jihadist terrorists than Mormons.
Have you gone bloody bonkers!?
<quoted text>
I think you have.
Aaaaa
Tournefort

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
President Obama is professional with this hurricane unlike that other guy during Katrina
Yeah, all those school buses just sitting there. Whatever was Nagin thinking?

"New Orleans was already one of the poorest metropolitan areas in the United States in 2005 ... Despite these factors preventing many people from being able to evacuate on their own, the mandatory evacuation called on August 28 made no provisions to evacuate homeless, low-income, or carless individuals or sick, nor the city's elderly or infirm residents. Consequentially most of those stranded in the city were the poor, the elderly, and the sick."

"It has been stated in the evacuation order that, beginning at noon on August 28 and running for several hours, all city buses were redeployed to shuttle local residents to, "refuges of last resort," designated in advance, including the Louisiana Superdome.[5] They also said that the state had prepositioned enough food and water to supply 15,000 citizens with supplies for three days, the anticipated waiting period before FEMA would arrive in force and provide supplies for those still in the city.[5] Later, it was found that FEMA had provided these supplies, but that FEMA Director Michael D. Brown was greatly surprised by the much larger numbers of people who turned up seeking refuge and that the first wave of supplies were quickly depleted.[5]

The large numbers were a direct result of the insufficient mobilization and evacuation before Katrina's arrival, primarily due to city and state resistance to issuing an evacuation order and risk "crying wolf" and losing face should the hurricane had left the path of model prediction. Had contra-flow on highways been initiated sooner and more buses begun evacuating families (including the idle school buses that were not used at all) the numbers of stranded New Orleans occupants would have been significantly less making the initial wave of FEMA supplies adequate and even excessive." ....

"Many have also criticized the local and state governments, who have primary responsibility for local disasters, including both Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin. Mayor Nagin was criticized for allegedly failing to execute the New Orleans disaster plan, which called for the use of the city's school buses in evacuating residents unable to leave on their own. The city never deployed the buses, which were subsequently destroyed in the flooding.

On Saturday August 27, several hours after the last regularly scheduled train left New Orleans, Amtrak ran a special train to move equipment out of the city. The train had room for several hundred passengers, and Amtrak offered these spaces to the city, but the city declined them, so the train left New Orleans at 8:30 p.m., with no passengers on board."

Source: Wikipedia
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is homer so nasty today? You're not a tigers fan, are you?
NY Giant's fan buddy, we won by a finger tip yesterday. If your frickin' 49ers can win tonight with the total pts being scored by both teams 35 or under, Homer and his wife will win this week's football pool.
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

cway wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, your party left office with a recession in full swing and the economy on the verge of collapse.
What makes you "sick" is that Obama is slowly bailing us out of the mess your side created
Democrats are 100% responsible for plunging the economy into recession with high energy costs in 2007 and for collapsing the financial sector with sub prime mortgages.

In short, it's all the Kenyan's fault.

BACK, AND NOT FAR ENOUGH TO THE LEFT: Oliver Stone: Obama Made Bad Situation ‘Worse.’
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

FONZIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorreto everyone's opinion matters. We are all God's children.
Aaaaa
True true, except for maybe DBWriter, the word on the street is that he is the spawn of Satan.
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike G wrote:
I voted for Barack Obama in 2008. To understand why I’m switching, it helps to understand why I backed him four years ago. I am a Democrat, but vote as an independent. I see people, not parties, so Obama’s label played no role.
My choice involved a simple calculation. Would John McCain or Obama be more likely to forge a consensus on big issues? America was dangerously polarized, and unable to act in ways that even 60 percent of the public could support. History shows that paralysis leads to disaster.
The war on terror was falling out of favor, despite the continuing threat. Good ideas were getting thrown out with the bad and Republicans had squandered the chance to govern.
When the financial crisis hit, McCain stumbled. He wanted to postpone a debate and rushed back to Washington — but had nothing to say or do. Obama kept silent and followed the lead of congressional Democrats. While not exactly great statesmanship, he at least looked steady.
McCain, a genuine American hero, often revealed his maverick streak, his choice of Sarah Palin being Exhibit A. Despite doubts about her readiness, I found myself defending her against the vicious attacks from the left, especially by women.
McCain was my real problem. Mavericks make good whistleblowers and lousy CEOs. Upsetting the apple cart is not a qualification for the Oval Office.
Obama’s soaring rhetoric enticed me at first, and I got a jolt of Messiah Alert when he said his rise marked the moment “when the planet began to heal,” but I still thought he was better than McCain.
Where he totally fooled me was his claim to be a pragmatist, not an ideologue. He spoke of uniting the country and I believed he was capable and sincere. That he won 70 million votes and more than two-thirds of the Electoral College spoke to his appeal.
He failed as president because he is incompetent, dishonest and not interested in the actual work of governing. His statist policies helped consign millions of Americans to a lower standard of living and his odious class warfare further divided the nation. He had no intention of uniting the country — it was his Big Lie.
As for the desperate charge that opposition to Obama makes me a racist, let me note that he was black when I voted for him.
Which brings us to Romney. A year ago, I thought he might be acceptable, maybe the only one in the GOP field. Now I see him as much more than acceptable.
During the long slog, Romney revealed qualities that could make him a very good president. There is not a hint of scandal in his life or career, and his economic policies could spark real growth in jobs, not in food stamps.
He keenly recognizes the danger of the growing debt. With Paul Ryan, he chose a youthful, smart No. 2 who possesses deep knowledge of the budget mess and yet an optimistic view of America’s future.
On the foreign stage, Romney is a novice, but his instincts about American power are right and his remarks in the last debate about Obama’s apology tour were a defining difference. It is impossible to imagine Romney going abroad to criticize his country, or lying about the murder of an ambassador. The challenger is right when he says Obama has made the nation less safe.
Romney is no “movement conservative,” but is moderate and prudent in the everyday ways of most Americans. As he proved in Massachusetts, he can work with Democrats to get things done.
As for being a Mormon, to hold that against Romney is pure bigotry. His election would knock down one more barrier to equality of opportunity.
Finally, there is temperament. Romney’s firm, steady demeanor during Obama’s rancid attempts at character assassination demonstrates the presidential character lacking in the incumbent.
I disagree.
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>And Damnably Bad Writer and his Mormon Shape Shifter want to defund Planned Parethood, Public Broadcasting, most of the middle class that's left to start another couple of wars just like 'em. "When in the course of human events..."
Romeny said it is ok to abort if the mother's life is on the line, or she got raped.
Romeny doesn't approve abortion on the grounds of GETTING RID OF THE PROBELM, OR WANT IT USED AS A FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL!! Wheather you believe in God or not, or want to talk yourself into believing you are not killing a baby, in reality, you are!! GOD SAID..THOU SHALL NOT KILL. GOD MEANS ONLY IN SELF DEFENSE ONLY, NOT TO GET RID OF WHAT YOU GUYS CALL YOUR PROBLEM!!!
Same goes if you don't like someone, and you go out and try to kill them for the hell of it, or get your problem here, and hurt it or kill it. God excuses it if you kill someone in self defense only, so this and our military would be excused, but not abortions. You are killing an innocent baby. An innocent baby is not "A PROBLEM". your conduct and how you Demonbrats life your life is more of a problem than a sweet innocent sweet baby that didn't ask to be here, nor didn't want to die.
Martin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Most wars are started by the Democrats?

Examples, please.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
I'm more concerned with static Islamic jihadist terrorists than Mormons.
Public Broadcasting should be defunded. They receive enough funding in Grants, Corporate Sponsors and Foundations.
Let them compete in the public sector like every other in the media.
Planned Parenthood should be defunded as well. As with Public Broadcasting they will survive through their many Sponsorships etc. et. al. AND, there are many Federal/State funded clinics where Women can get Mammograms, Pre-Natal treatment, Pap Smear Screenings and NO Hospital is going to turn away ANY Woman who is pregnant and needs OB~GYN Services.
Abortions ~ Well that's the issue it all really comes down to concerning Planned Parenthood. As I stated, they'll still be funded to perform abortions and distribute birth control.
Why should Christian Tax Payers, and Non, who don't believe in abortions fund an Institute who performs them?
And why should Obamacare mandate Christian Hospitals to perform abortions?
Always talking about who is imposing on who ...
The Middle Class don't start the wars. Most wars have been started by The Democrats. Have you gone bloody bonkers!?
<quoted text>
The Middle Class and below wind up fighting the wars. They're started by both parties or by neither--they're started by greed, hate, and fear. "Greed is good and corporations are people, may friend." Who does that sound like? You think we need more money in Defense? Really?
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

cway wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, your party left office with a recession in full swing and the economy on the verge of collapse.
What makes you "sick" is that Obama is slowly bailing us out of the mess your side created
And it would have been a lot faster if all these rightwingers weren't sitting on the sidelines buying gold these last 4 years rooting for Obama to fail.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, too bad he didn't bail out Our Four Americans trapped in Benghazi pleading for help to be rescued for SEVEN HOURS!

If I didn't like Obama in 2008 already knowing he would be weak or a traitor to America's National Security and Foreign Policy ...

After the Benghazi incident, I despise him.

THAT'S what makes me "sick" regarding Jr Hussein.

He wasn't even SLOW in responding. He was MIA!
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

LooTER SHooTER wrote:
<quoted text>number 1 murdouck Not Running for President! Number 2- chrystler and GM(government Motors) are going to go belly up again! They can not keep their uehicles over priced as they are with Obamas economy,and they cant ever pay us back! FORD is doing just fine ! Number 3 I keep up with everthing except I dont listen to the Trash , the bullshit and the total nonsence from the idiots your drinking KOOLAIDE with ! You are all BRAINDEAD! You need to get out of Topix and go back to watching your Jackhole Fags, Queers,Dykes, Crossdressers, Transvestites, Transgenders,and TransTesticles on MSNBC !! can you people believe this guy? Where do they grow you pieces of Shit?
That you, Mitt?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike G wrote:
Jane goes back to plagiarizing New York Post out-of-date opinions. What a moran!
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, too bad he didn't bail out Our Four Americans trapped in Benghazi pleading for help to be rescued for SEVEN HOURS!
If I didn't like Obama in 2008 already knowing he would be weak or a traitor to America's National Security and Foreign Policy ...
After the Benghazi incident, I despise him.
THAT'S what makes me "sick" regarding Jr Hussein.
He wasn't even SLOW in responding. He was MIA!
You watch too much Fox News.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Donald J. Trump &#8207;@realDonaldTrump
I'm not hearing much from Obama or his administration about my $5M offer to charity or to which charity the money will go.
But Trump is considering sampling Colbert's balls
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

I think Leo can handle her own replies.

You answering them only makes her appear weak.

Or inadequate.

You coming to her aid or rescue actually tells more about you than her.

And about that pompadour, you wear that "duck's ass" well.

Looking to rumble ...

Dumb chick wishing you had a d*ck.

AHaHaaHeee ...!
FONZIE wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have.
Aaaaa
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Jane goes back to plagiarizing New York Post out-of-date opinions. What a moran!
Getting real windy here, Jane just blew by on her broom.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info