Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#787695 Oct 29, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
that is completely incorrect in the event of real wars that have a vital interest for America, such as WWII....where the sons of prominent families were among the first to volunteer....
Vietnam was an aberration because it was a political war that had no purpose worth fighting for.....
You make shit up like lyin' Beck and Crazy Faux. Check out the Conscription laws going all the way back to the Civil War...one of my ancestors was in the Revolution, but I have my doubts about yours. Sons of prominent families like George Romney? You're wrong.'nuff said. Who's been fighting the Cheney/Bush debacles for the last ten years? Bushes and Romneys, no doubt? Ryan, of the Irish Mafia, has a sterling record in that respect as well. Poppycock!
Martin

United States

#787696 Oct 29, 2012
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, your guy is a immature acting President that we have ever had in office. Proved it at the WH dinner party.
Truth is, if Obama wasn't hiding something, he wouldn't go to a lot of trouble running a kids film of his birth. No, he acted like a little kid trying to get another little kid (Trump) back. lol
The truth is, Obama wasn't qualified for the job.
The truth is, blacks voted not based on issues, and what he will do for this country as President. They voted to get their black Presidnet. This is true, because I heard some blacks say it when he won. The blacks said smartly to the white people when they walked pass them..WE GOT OUR BLACK PRESIDENT!!
Not.. Obama won yahoo, or I am so happy Obama won.
OK, YOU STILL BLAME BUSH, BUT YOUR GUY IS SPENDING A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY TOO,AND HAS DONE THINGS WRONG, BUT THAT IS OVERLOOKED BY YOU, WHY IS THAT?
The bottom line is that your side caused an economic catastrophe that nearly wrecked the country. Obama stabilized it and now he's getting us out of it, slow but sure.

The money? What were you expecting given the size of the impending trainwreck?

Did you think bailing out General Motors and AIG would be cheap? Not to mention state and city governments in dire straits. And millions of out of work being added to the unemployment rolls.

Your shreiks really echo the extent of the disaster the GOP left behind.
Martin

United States

#787697 Oct 29, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
President Romney will give you welfare bums the opportunity to work for a living....even if over your objections....
Like he did while CEO of Bain Capital?

LOL
fred

Milford, CT

#787698 Oct 29, 2012
Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is that your side caused an economic catastrophe that nearly wrecked the country. Obama stabilized it and now he's getting us out of it, slow but sure.
Did you think bailing out General Motors and AIG would be cheap? Not to mention state and city governments in dire straits. And millions of out of work being added to the unemployment rolls.
Nonsense. Pelosi drove the economy into recession by forcing high energy prices instigating the sub prime fueled collapse of the financial sector. The Kenyan's communist coup made the depression worse.

Democrats are 100% responsible for the economic misery of America.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787699 Oct 29, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Paul Krugman makes it clear—a vote for Romney is a vote against Medicaid.
There’s a lot we don’t know about what Mitt Romney would do if he won. He refuses to say which tax loopholes he would close to make up for $5 trillion in tax cuts; his economic “plan” is an empty shell.
But one thing is clear: If he wins, Medicaid — which now covers more than 50 million Americans, and which President Obama would expand further as part of his health reform — will face savage cuts. Estimates suggest that a Romney victory would deny health insurance to about 45 million people who would have coverage if he lost, with two-thirds of that difference due to the assault on Medicaid.
Anyone who has convinced themselves that Romney is no threat to Medicaid, hasn't been listening to Romney.
Hmm, Paul Krugman, LOL. He is more left wing than Obama himself. Krugman would have been perfect for a Stalin cabinet post if only his fate had come in a different time and place.

If you believe his message, well then, you have not been listening to Romney. His goal is to save Medicare for future generations rather than let it slide off of a cliff. Honestly, you people don't get it, doctors starting refusing medicare patients years ago (my doctor is one of them). It will only get worse with Obamacare when payments are further restricted. Common sense here people, take off the rose colored glasses.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#787700 Oct 29, 2012
And My Gawd that Hillary-facebook-is-not-eviden ce looks old.

She's aged 15 years in just 4!

That's what happens when you prostitute yourself for the devil!

Just an old political hag of a ho'.

I just adore a good catty snark! Don't yewwww?!

EHee-Hee-Hee! ;)
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#787701 Oct 29, 2012
Halloween is Wednesday. I changed my moocher-scaring costume from a KKK sheet and mask to a job application.

LOL
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#787702 Oct 29, 2012
Maude wrote:
<quoted text>Never again OBAMA O=ne B=ig A=ss M=istake A=merica. ROMNEY will win in a landslide.
Lawdy Miss Maudy, how’d j’ever get so clever?

That was:
=M=erely
=A=nother
=U=nprincipled
=D=isenfranchisement
=E=ffort

Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787703 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
Though the Metropolitan Transit Authority has had to deal with minor amounts of flooding from other storms, there has not been a complete flooding of the subway tunnels in recent memory, according to an MTA spokesman.
New York City's subway system has to deal with a lot of water even when the weather is clear. Because many parts of the system are underground and below the water table, the MTA has to remove between 13 and 14 million gallons of water a day, even when there's not a drop of rain.
The MTA has three pump trains and hundreds of pump rooms to whisk water away. But if the subway tunnels under the rivers completely flooded, Klaus estimates that it would take 100 pump trains to remove all that water within a week. Without obtaining extra trains from other states, pumping the water out could take several weeks.
And getting the water out would just be the first step. Then the tunnels have to be inspected for damage. Parts have to be removed, repaired, dried, and tested. With New York City responsible for about $4 billion of economic output per day, a long subway stoppage could add up quickly, according to Jacob.
“If you have half of the city's economic capacity curtailed for four weeks, that adds up to damage in the range of $40-50 billion,” Jacob said.
The MTA has already taken precautions to try and stave off flooding by sandbagging and covering up ventilation grates in Southern Manhattan, where the Hudson and East Rivers have already begun to creep up into the Financial District. Shutting down the subway system on Sunday may have caused some headaches for evacuees and those foraging for supplies at the last minute, but ensured that commuters wouldn't be stranded or in harm's way.
http://www.ibtimes.com/sandys-storm-surge-cou...
Oh oh, Lily's right Flack, it's the end of the world!
Peppy, grab some buckets and meet me at the corner of 5th Avenue and west 14th street.
Oh and can you bring lunch?
Hey my buckets are full and the corned beef is ruined, where are you?
fred

Milford, CT

#787704 Oct 29, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You make shit up like lyin' Beck and Crazy Faux. Check out the Conscription laws going all the way back to the Civil War...one of my ancestors was in the Revolution, but I have my doubts about yours. Sons of prominent families like George Romney? You're wrong.'nuff said. Who's been fighting the Cheney/Bush debacles for the last ten years? Bushes and Romneys, no doubt? Ryan, of the Irish Mafia, has a sterling record in that respect as well. Poppycock!
Lights flickering here...winds roaring..see ya in a week....miss me....
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#787705 Oct 29, 2012
Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
... and your boy made the situation much, much worse. That's why he'll have his asz kicked back to Shitcago on November 6th.

LOL
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#787706 Oct 29, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You make shit up like lyin' Beck and Crazy Faux. Check out the Conscription laws going all the way back to the Civil War...one of my ancestors was in the Revolution, but I have my doubts about yours. Sons of prominent families like George Romney? You're wrong.'nuff said. Who's been fighting the Cheney/Bush debacles for the last ten years? Bushes and Romneys, no doubt? Ryan, of the Irish Mafia, has a sterling record in that respect as well. Poppycock!
the military draft is slavery and should never be used......

and you whine about your heritage far too much, as if it matters.....
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787707 Oct 29, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Since he came into office, Republicans have consistently attacked President Obama for supposedly being anti-business. As ThinkProgress noted last week, the data shows that this charge is nonsense.
In fact, as the financial website Motley Fool noted today, President Obama is far and away the best president for corporate profits since 1900:
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/10/26/1...
Business owners overwhelmingly support Romney. If Obama was so good, it would be the opposite. Wishful thinking on your part does not change reality.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#787708 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>True true, except for maybe DBWriter, the word on the street is that he is the spawn of Satan.
The closer it gets to Halloween, the more powerful I get.))))

Have to leave on a note, though. So....

All sane people are epicurean. The boundary between (sane) epicureanism and (insane) hedonism is crossed when a person expects everyone else to be responsible for the results and effects of their attempts to exercise their epicurean desires, which become hedonistic demands.
If a person exercises their epicurean desires and accepts responsibility for all effects and results, then this person is still sane.
If a person exercises their epicurean desires and expects the general society at large to support the burden of the effects and results of their exercise of epicurean desires. This person is defined as a hedonist.

The Republicans are consistent with epicureanism.
The Democrats are consistent with hedonism.
Martin

United States

#787709 Oct 29, 2012
Mike G wrote:
I voted for Barack Obama in 2008. To understand why I’m switching, it helps to understand why I backed him four years ago. I am a Democrat, but vote as an independent.
Then you're an Independent. Maybe.
America was dangerously polarized, and unable to act in ways that even 60 percent of the public could support.
Well, you can thank Karl Rove for that, can't you? Instead of focusing on real issues, Rove concentrated on social issues like gay rights designed to fan the flames of hatred and split the electorate over non-essential items.
The war on terror was falling out of favor, despite the continuing threat.
No, it's more like the public was fed up after seven years without substantial progress. Bush putting Kharzei in power did for us in Afghanistan what Ngo Diem did for us in Vietnam. That, plus all the slaughter caused by his bone-headed drone strikes.
Good ideas were getting thrown out with the bad and Republicans had squandered the chance to govern.
Eight years of Bush left us with two unfinished wars, one of which he lied us into, a looming economic catastrophe, and GOP "trickle down" theories in shambles.

Time for a change.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787710 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't vote for Romney if you put a loaded gun to my head.
Homer will not be responsible for the final nail in the coffin of the middle class.
Peppy has his new pet all ready for the big storm -
http://www.angelrstone.com/wp-content/uploads...
Arnold needs to be ready. I am just being responsible, something you liberals just do not seem to understand.

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#787711 Oct 29, 2012
With any luck fred will be one of the ones killed by this storm....And all you racist in this storm.

Mitt romney said he will get rid of FEMA and federal flood insurance program..so we will see who begs for help up north when this is over...
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#787712 Oct 29, 2012
leosnana wrote:
Lt. Col. Banastre "The Butcher" Tarleton was your ancestor? No wonder you're such a bitch. LOL
Martin

United States

#787713 Oct 29, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Pelosi drove the economy into recession by forcing high energy prices instigating the sub prime fueled collapse of the financial sector. The Kenyan's communist coup made the depression worse.
Democrats are 100% responsible for the economic misery of America.
Fred, see if you can guess which president signed the American Dream Act which really opened the doors for low-income appplicants.

Begins with a G. Last name ends in the letter H.

Also see if you can guess which party was in the majority most of the time from 2001-2009.

Think hard.

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#787714 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The closer it gets to Halloween, the more powerful I get.))))
Have to leave on a note, though. So....
All sane people are epicurean. The boundary between (sane) epicureanism and (insane) hedonism is crossed when a person expects expects the general society at large to support the burden of the effects and results of their exercise of epicurean desires. This person is defined as a hedonist.
The Republicans are consistent with epicureanism.
The Democrats are consistent with hedonism.
Ths Dbwronger are consistent with bullshit and lies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min loose cannon 178,226
Abby 9-22 1 hr Kuuipo 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 98,253
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,288
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,741
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,486
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,725
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••