Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,488)

Showing posts 729,741 - 729,760 of1,071,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How could that possibly upset me?
Guess it didn't.

Hope you vote for Romney. You'll be happy you did.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
that's what louisianna govenor kathleen blanco and mayor ray nagin believed when they refused to declare a state of emergency and decalre mandatory evacuation.
i'm going to digress ... knowing the minds of the player, we'll once again read how the delay in action regarding hurricane katrina was ALL bush's fault, when in fact NONE of it was his fault.
a few facts just to refresh those memories who continue to blame president bush for the hurricane katrina debacle:
* max mayfield of the national hurricane center took the unprecedented action of calling blanco and nagin personally to PLEAD with them to begin MANDATORY evacuation of new orleans and they said they would "take it under advisement".
* now this is where it gets down to the nitty-gritty FACTS!
president bush spent friday afternoon and evening with his advisors and administrators drafting all of the paperwork required for a state to request federal assistance ( and not be in violation of the posse comitatus act or having to enact the insurgency act ).
just before midnight friday evening, the president called govenor blanco and pleded with her to sign the request papers so the federal government and the military could legally begin mobilization and call up. he was told "they" didn't think it necessary for the federal government to be involved yet.
after the president's final call to the govenor she held meetings with her staff to discuss the "political ramifications" of bringing federal forces. it was decided if they allowed federal assistance it would make it look as if they had failed so it was agreed upon that the feds should not be invited in.
saturday before the storm hit, the president again called blanco and nagin and requesting they please sign the papers requesting federal assistance, that they declare the state an emergency area, and begin mandatory evacuation. after a personal PLEA from the president nagin agreed to order an evacuation, but it would not be a full mandatory evacuation and the govenor still refused to sign the papers requesting and authorizing federal action.
* in frustration the president declared the area a national disaster area BEFORE the state of louisianna did so he could legally begin some advanced preparations. rumor has it that the president's legal advisors were looking into the ramifications of using the insurgency act to bypass the constitutional requirement that a state request federal aid before the federal government can move into state with troops, but that had not been done since 1906 and the constitutionality of it was called into question.
* throw in the fact that over half of the federal aid for the past decade for new orleans to that for the past decade for levee construction, maintenance, and repair was diverted to fund a marina and support the gambling ships.
well, although quite lengthy, this should do it for you homer.
<quoted text>
Bah, most over-hyped storm in recent memory. Bush was a bum. He spent our money invading/blowing up/rebuilding Iraq instead of spending the monies on the levees.

If I were Bush I could never sleep at night knowing the damage I'd done to New Orleans due to Katrina and the rest of America due to failed policies.

We may never fully recover from the Bush years.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

I guess CNN is really making an effort to reposition itself in the center, as some other news businesses are starting to do. I mean, the writing’s on the wall that it’s at least a 50% chance that Obama won’t win the election, so the majority of people (at least half as of now) are NOT fans of Barack Obama. So they have to look at their market shares as a business, and face it, CNN’s business model could use a drastic face-lift!

We’ve been seeing it more and more, it’s gradually becoming apparent that the Kool-Aid is wearing off. The honeymoon with Obama is history, and his staunch defenders in the media are reaching for the coffee as they start to wake up to a new reality. And you know what? I think they’re starting to like it! I think they’re starting to see that this long, depressing economic stagnation is about to give way to a new optimism, led by the optimistic leadership of Governor President Mitt Romney! Ahh! Feels good just to say it! President Romney! Go ahead, try it! You’ll like it!

All of the major media will soon be scrambling to shift to supporting the new president, while distancing themselves from the loser, lame duck ex-president who’s been failing to get the country moving forward again. There may be a few exceptions. Will MSNBC go out of business, or will they still be the mouthpiece of the Democrats, the Progressives. Will that sell? I suppose it will. Once the dust settles, there will still be a market for the opposition. After all, guys like Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert became famous as opposition comedians when Dubya was the prez. They’ll probably be delighted to have a president they can actually attack and ridicule to the howls of derisive laughter from their oh so cool non-conservative fans. How do I know? I confess… I used to be one of them. Oh, the shame!

But seriously, the fun is just starting for us. If, as most of us now predict, Mitt Romney wins this election, things will start to perk up almost instantly. Businesses will heave a huge sigh of relief and start looking forward to making money again, so they’ll start stocking the shelves. Of course, that means manufacturing and importers, shipping and receiving, and all connected businesses will have to start taking on more help to move the merchandise, and with those folks making more money, they’ll be spending more, so the stores will need more clerks, more office staff, etc. And the snowball just keeps growing as it rolls, turning into an avalanche of prosperity! Ooh! I’m hyperventilating just thinking about it!

As the momentum continues over the next few weeks, keep an eye on the media. Watch as they start becoming more centered, hedging their bets. They’ll be backing away from Obama, they’ll stop defending and protecting him, more and more. Romney will start getting more favorable and fair coverage. And as the media cover their asses, just in case Romney wins, they’ll be helping Romney win! They can’t help it. It’s just contagious as hell!

Romneymania is the next big thing! Get your Romney gear! Romney t-shirts, Romney coffee mugs, Romney ball caps, and Romney running shoes! Coming to a kiosk near you!

And just in time for the holidays, you’ll probably be seeing sweatshirts that read,“I was HOT for Romney before Romney was COOL!” Hell, I’d buy one! For my wife, that is. I mean I like Romney a LOT, but not THAT way!

Dump the Chump! Romney 2012..
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry fred, but I have to give up trying to educate you on civics when you can't even see the tip of your nose. If you believe that social control is anti-conservative, then what do you think the "religious right" tries to do?.
Fred is President of the Dan Quayle club; need you know more?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when Romney goes to the White House, Obama has made sure the Muslim Brotherhood will be there waiting on him, dupe.
Anti-Muslim activists on the Right have consistently warned that the Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated the Obama administration. But if their unhinged McCarthyism is to be believed, then Mitt Romney’s campaign has been penetrated by the Muslim Brotherhood as well, as Romney’s campaign has named George Salem, Samah Norquist and David Ramadan “National Co-Chairs of Arab Americans for Romney.”

Pamela Geller labeled George Salem’s Arab American Institute a “nototrious anti-Israel Israel [sic] organization” composed of “Islamic supremacists” and led by a “Jew hater.” She even suggested that the AAI seeks “Jewish annihilation” by backing Mideast peace efforts.

Geller, Frank Gaffney, Robert Spencer, William Murray, Andrea and James Lafferty and others sent a letter to Edwin Meese demanding he withdraw his endorsement of Virginia Del. David Ramadan because of his purported ties to Muammar Gadaffi and “radical views,” including his support for the right to build the Park 51 Islamic Community Center. James Lafferty said Ramadan is an “extremist” who should not even “be allowed to continue to live in the United States,” and Geller said he is a “stealth jihadist” and a “Muslim Brotherhood plant.”

Perhaps no chair of Romney’s committee is despised more than Samah Norquist, wife of conservative leader Grover Norquist. Glenn Beck and Jerry Boykin have said that Norquist is a lackey for the Muslim Brotherhood and according to anti-Muslim activists like Gaffney and David Horowitz, Norquist secretly converted to Islam and joined the Muslim Brotherhood at the behest of his wife. Conservative attorney Cleta Mitchell wrote in a report for the American Conservative Union that she is “certain that Mr. Gaffney’s hatred [for Norquist] is further fueled by the fact that Grover is married to a Muslim-American woman (who also has worked for the United States government in very responsible positions, I might add!).”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/has-mus...

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
With Mitt, there would be no GM or Chrysler anywhere.
Chryslers suck. Chysler should have been allowed to die a natural death decades ago instead of being on the dole.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Chrys... ;

A sh!tty product should not continue to be financed by the taxpayers.

Screw GM too.
headlines

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

****Hurricane SANDY Judgment on Wash DC - NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the Executive office should be held by a moderate. Romney has made both moderate and conservative pledges - which way is he going if he is elected? Nobody knows. Don't make promises that aren't yours to keep, carol.
Cutting deductions will result in a net increase in taxation for middle class families, while lowering tax rates will result in lower taxation for the wealthy - SIGNIFICANTLY lower, even including the elimination of deductions. As complex as the tax code is, that math is simple.
How about some reality in your logic....

Here's the real-world fact.
The people you Democrats call "rich" don't even have enough money to pay for what you want to do even if you taxed their earnings at 100 percent.
Secondly, the Democrats don't have any plans to decrease the size of govenment. In fact, their plan is to continually increase the size of government.
So, because money doesn't grow on trees, and if it did there aren't enough trees in the world to support the Democrats' idiotic plan, EVERYONE is going to have to pay more taxes.

The choice is simple.
With Democrats, it will be a lot of taxes to pay for not only the current debt, but the continually increasing debt, and then more to pay for the continually increasing expenditures.

With the Republicans, the government gets smaller. It will require less taxes to pay for the Republican plan of a smaller government than to pay for the Democrats' government totalitarian intent.

Either way, that 47 percent of American households that currently don't pay income taxes is going to get smaller. The country can't support the country with only half of the people paying taxes.

Democrats plan to borrow until the government defaults. In other words, until the government collapses.
Republicans plan to decrease the size of government and save us from ourselves.

Should be an easy choice if you're interested in the United States lasting beyond this generation.

Romney wins in a landslide.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess it didn't.
Hope you vote for Romney. You'll be happy you did.
I wouldn't vote for Romney if you put a loaded gun to my head.

Homer will not be responsible for the final nail in the coffin of the middle class.

Peppy has his new pet all ready for the big storm -

http://www.angelrstone.com/wp-content/uploads...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

O Baloney wrote:
<quoted text>Romney will need to have the White House drapes fumigated from Obama's cigarette smoke. Thank God he's hardly ever there, but Air Force One, Vegas Hotels and Comedy Central must reek.
And get rid of all them yellow Muslim drapes he's got hanging everywhere.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Slain SEAL’s father to Obama:‘Better to die the death of a hero than it is to live the life of a coward’[VIDEO]

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/29/slain-seals...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you interpret a spontaneous demonstration from the video feed?
You really need to stop doing those hallucinogens when you watch video feeds of Americans being hung out to dry by the White House and killed by Al Qaeda.
Really. How did you interpret a spontaneous demonstration from the vidoe of Al Qaeda attacking the US consulate compound?
I've got to hear this one....
I don't have the arrogance to act like I'm capable of interpreting it. So .....

CIA documents that will be the basis of testimony to the House Intelligence Committee this week support United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice's early account of the attacks the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, writes columnist David Ignatius in The Washington Post.

“Talking points” prepared by the CIA on Sept. 15, the same day that Rice taped three television appearances, support her description of the Sept. 11 attack as a reaction to Arab anger about an anti-Muslim video prepared in the United States, Ignatius reported on Saturday.

Citing CIA documents, he wrote that a senior intelligence official said the analysts’ judgment was based in part on monitoring of some of the Benghazi attackers, which showed they had been watching the Cairo protests live on television and talking about them before they assaulted the consulate.

His reporting supports Obama administration claims that early intelligence reports pointed to a connection between the attacks and a crude, anti-Islam video published online by an amateur U.S. filmmaker once convicted of bank fraud.

According to the CIA account,“The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-president...

If only there was one side to every story we'd all be watching FOX. But we're not.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about some reality in your logic....
Here's the real-world fact.
The people you Democrats call "rich" don't even have enough money to pay for what you want to do even if you taxed their earnings at 100 percent.
Secondly, the Democrats don't have any plans to decrease the size of govenment. In fact, their plan is to continually increase the size of government.
So, because money doesn't grow on trees, and if it did there aren't enough trees in the world to support the Democrats' idiotic plan, EVERYONE is going to have to pay more taxes.
The choice is simple.
With Democrats, it will be a lot of taxes to pay for not only the current debt, but the continually increasing debt, and then more to pay for the continually increasing expenditures.
With the Republicans, the government gets smaller. It will require less taxes to pay for the Republican plan of a smaller government than to pay for the Democrats' government totalitarian intent.
Either way, that 47 percent of American households that currently don't pay income taxes is going to get smaller. The country can't support the country with only half of the people paying taxes.
Democrats plan to borrow until the government defaults. In other words, until the government collapses.
Republicans plan to decrease the size of government and save us from ourselves.
Should be an easy choice if you're interested in the United States lasting beyond this generation.
Romney wins in a landslide.
I just have one question, when in the history of the republic has the government gotten smaller under Republican leadership? Answer me now!
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry fred, but I have to give up trying to educate you on civics when you can't even see the tip of your nose. If you believe that social control is anti-conservative, then what do you think the "religious right" tries to do?.
The religious right stand for individual freedom and oppose the imposition of secular humanism by the state, also known as the legalization of sin. duh

You couldn't educate a flea ..ya nimrod.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>There you are Flack I have been worried sick about you. I finally figured out why you are always in chicken little mode, you don't have home owners insurance do you?
There you are, homer. You ran away from this. Time for you to take your medicine and eat some facts:

Let's pretend it's the day after 9/11. You're the president. What do you do?
Do you: Surrender to the jihad?
Or, do you do the Bill Clinton thing and just lob a few cruise missiles in their general direction?
Or, do you accept that they started a war with the United States and fight them?
If you choose to fight them, where do you fight them? Do you do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the ecact same enemy as the Soviets? And, what idiot would expect something different than what the Soviets experienced?
Bush did it differently. The Soviets lost. Bush won.
Mission accomplished.)))

By the way, you need an education on what the conditions were prior to 9/11/2001.
Search "Clinton CIA human rights purge" to discover how Clinton gutted the CIA.
Search "UN oil for food Saddam" to learn how Saddam Hussein stole the money from the UN's oil-for-food scam to rebuild his war machine.
Search "Valeerie Plame Iraq WMD" to learn how Valerie Plame, outed CIA employee, and wife of whistleblower Joseph Wilson, was not, as various right-wing sources have suggested, a paper-pushing desk jockey who perhaps wasn’t even involved in covert operations.
They were lying. Valerie Plame, a career undercover officer, was the Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq. That's who Bill Clinton replaced all the CIA operatives that defeated the KGB and Soviet Union and won the Cold War with.
That's who's responsible for all of the US-generated intelligence on WMDs in Iraq. That's why the US didn't even have an operating foreign intelligence capability when Bush took office.
The other intelligence used came from France and Russia, mostly. They were rebuilding Saddam's war machine and being paid with money Saddam was stealing from the UN's oil-for-food scam. So, they fed the United States the intel that would maintain the UN sanctions and make necessary the UN's oil-for-food scam paying for all the weapons systems and hardened bunkers they were building for Saddam Hussein.
And, lo, and behold, you're one of the idiots and imbeciles suggesting we do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soveits, while we ignore Saddam and his rebuilt war machine in our rear. An idiot knows that when the US left the Arabian Peninsula, Saddam was going to try to take the oil fields on the Arabian Peninsula again.
Wherever US forces went, the Arab jihad was going to go there and fight us. The only option we had was to choose where. Bush got it right.
Today, Obama is tasked with sabotaging the democratic government established in Iraq by Bush, as well as the Karzai government in Afghanistan. He's well on his way to accomplishing those goals.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
Why wasn't Buttcrack Obama convicted too? We all know he was in on that. And to think that ACORN was given government money to help them commit these crimes really makes my stomach churn!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
I hope he isn't allowed to steal this election too.
So who's been paying Nathan Sproul since 2004?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't vote for Romney if you put a loaded gun to my head.
Homer will not be responsible for the final nail in the coffin of the middle class.
Peppy has his new pet all ready for the big storm -
http://www.angelrstone.com/wp-content/uploads...
spam
nuts
clueless
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Carols gonna be one sad dummy come nov 7th.
Might even shake her to her fox core and make her realize she is being lied to by them everyday.
So what happens if you become the sad dummy Nov. 7?

You gonna become an O'Reilly fan too?
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were Bush I could never sleep at night knowing the damage I'd done to New Orleans due to Katrina and the rest of America due to failed policies.
Bush didn't do anything "to New Orleans due to Katrina", you dope.

If any politicians are to blame for storm-related deaths, it was the mayor and the governor.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I just have one question, when in the history of the republic has the government gotten smaller under Republican leadership? Answer me now!
That's one of the changes you're going to get.
The closest we came was when the Republican-controlled Congress dragged Bill Clinton kicking and screaming to a balanced budget.
I do believe that your future is going to have a lot, lot of TEA in it.

Romney in a landslide, it looks like.

Then, Paul Ryan tells the government how big its going to be.

Gotta love it, dontcha?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 729,741 - 729,760 of1,071,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••