Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
dem

United States

#787659 Oct 29, 2012
LooTER SHooTER wrote:
<quoted text>number 1 murdouck Not Running for President! Number 2- chrystler and GM(government Motors) are going to go belly up again! They can not keep their uehicles over priced as they are with Obamas economy,and they cant ever pay us back! FORD is doing just fine ! Number 3 I keep up with everthing except I dont listen to the Trash , the bullshit and the total nonsence from the idiots your drinking KOOLAIDE with ! You are all BRAINDEAD! You need to get out of Topix and go back to watching your Jackhole Fags, Queers,Dykes, Crossdressers, Transvestites, Transgenders,and TransTesticles on MSNBC !! can you people believe this guy? Where do they grow you pieces of Shit?
That you, Mitt?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#787660 Oct 29, 2012
Mike G wrote:
I voted for Barack Obama in 2008. To understand why I’m switching, it helps to understand why I backed him four years ago. I am a Democrat, but vote as an independent. I see people, not parties, so Obama’s label played no role.
My choice involved a simple calculation. Would John McCain or Obama be more likely to forge a consensus on big issues? America was dangerously polarized, and unable to act in ways that even 60 percent of the public could support. History shows that paralysis leads to disaster.
The war on terror was falling out of favor, despite the continuing threat. Good ideas were getting thrown out with the bad and Republicans had squandered the chance to govern.
When the financial crisis hit, McCain stumbled. He wanted to postpone a debate and rushed back to Washington — but had nothing to say or do. Obama kept silent and followed the lead of congressional Democrats. While not exactly great statesmanship, he at least looked steady.
McCain, a genuine American hero, often revealed his maverick streak, his choice of Sarah Palin being Exhibit A. Despite doubts about her readiness, I found myself defending her against the vicious attacks from the left, especially by women.
McCain was my real problem. Mavericks make good whistleblowers and lousy CEOs. Upsetting the apple cart is not a qualification for the Oval Office.
Obama’s soaring rhetoric enticed me at first, and I got a jolt of Messiah Alert when he said his rise marked the moment “when the planet began to heal,” but I still thought he was better than McCain.
Where he totally fooled me was his claim to be a pragmatist, not an ideologue. He spoke of uniting the country and I believed he was capable and sincere. That he won 70 million votes and more than two-thirds of the Electoral College spoke to his appeal.
He failed as president because he is incompetent, dishonest and not interested in the actual work of governing. His statist policies helped consign millions of Americans to a lower standard of living and his odious class warfare further divided the nation. He had no intention of uniting the country — it was his Big Lie.
I don’t hate him. But I sure as hell don’t trust him.
As for the desperate charge that opposition to Obama makes me a racist, let me note that he was black when I voted for him.
Which brings us to Romney. A year ago, I thought he might be acceptable, maybe the only one in the GOP field. Now I see him as much more than acceptable.
During the long slog, Romney revealed qualities that could make him a very good president. There is not a hint of scandal in his life or career, and his economic policies could spark real growth in jobs, not in food stamps.
He keenly recognizes the danger of the growing debt. With Paul Ryan, he chose a youthful, smart No. 2 who possesses deep knowledge of the budget mess and yet an optimistic view of America’s future.
On the foreign stage, Romney is a novice, but his instincts about American power are right and his remarks in the last debate about Obama’s apology tour were a defining difference. It is impossible to imagine Romney going abroad to criticize his country, or lying about the murder of an ambassador. The challenger is right when he says Obama has made the nation less safe.
Romney is no “movement conservative,” but is moderate and prudent in the everyday ways of most Americans. As he proved in Massachusetts, he can work with Democrats to get things done.
As for being a Mormon, to hold that against Romney is pure bigotry. His election would knock down one more barrier to equality of opportunity.
Finally, there is temperament. Romney’s firm, steady demeanor during Obama’s rancid attempts at character assassination demonstrates the presidential character lacking in the incumbent.
That’s the change I want for my country.
Jane goes back to plagiarizing New York Post out-of-date opinions. What a moran!
Homer

Effort, PA

#787661 Oct 29, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, too bad he didn't bail out Our Four Americans trapped in Benghazi pleading for help to be rescued for SEVEN HOURS!
If I didn't like Obama in 2008 already knowing he would be weak or a traitor to America's National Security and Foreign Policy ...
After the Benghazi incident, I despise him.
THAT'S what makes me "sick" regarding Jr Hussein.
He wasn't even SLOW in responding. He was MIA!
You watch too much Fox News.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#787662 Oct 29, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Donald J. Trump &#8207;@realDonaldTrump
I'm not hearing much from Obama or his administration about my $5M offer to charity or to which charity the money will go.
But Trump is considering sampling Colbert's balls
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#787663 Oct 29, 2012
I think Leo can handle her own replies.

You answering them only makes her appear weak.

Or inadequate.

You coming to her aid or rescue actually tells more about you than her.

And about that pompadour, you wear that "duck's ass" well.

Looking to rumble ...

Dumb chick wishing you had a d*ck.

AHaHaaHeee ...!
FONZIE wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have.
Aaaaa
Homer

Effort, PA

#787664 Oct 29, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Jane goes back to plagiarizing New York Post out-of-date opinions. What a moran!
Getting real windy here, Jane just blew by on her broom.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#787665 Oct 29, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The Middle Class and below wind up fighting the wars.
that is completely incorrect in the event of real wars that have a vital interest for America, such as WWII....where the sons of prominent families were among the first to volunteer....

Vietnam was an aberration because it was a political war that had no purpose worth fighting for.....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#787666 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>And it would have been a lot faster if all these rightwingers weren't sitting on the sidelines buying gold these last 4 years rooting for Obama to fail.
human nature is for self-preservation, not for self-sacrifice in a hopeless cause.....such as the Obama economic program.....
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#787667 Oct 29, 2012
Too much ASS-U-MPTION. I listen to radio news.

What are you bizy watching. Chrissy Matthews?
Sharing the tingles up and down the legs, eh? Lol!

ASS-U-MPTION ... Makes an ASS out of U and MPTION.
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You watch too much Fox News.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#787668 Oct 29, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, too bad he didn't bail out Our Four Americans trapped in Benghazi pleading for help to be rescued for SEVEN HOURS!
If I didn't like Obama in 2008 already knowing he would be weak or a traitor to America's National Security and Foreign Policy ...
After the Benghazi incident, I despise him.
THAT'S what makes me "sick" regarding Jr Hussein.
He wasn't even SLOW in responding. He was MIA!
Benghazi is the final nail in Obama's political coffin....the boy is toast.....
fred

Milford, CT

#787669 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You watch too much Fox News.
Hindenburg homer doesn't watch enough Fox News

GOP hints at 'massive cover-up' over Libya attack...
Morons4Mitt

Russellville, KY

#787670 Oct 29, 2012
Obama in 4 years has increased spending ONLY 1.7%. ALL the rest has been caused by budget spending of the Bush years. No Budget has been passed to correct any of it because the Repubs keep adding amendments that are too stupid to be voted on.
The Bowles/Simpson Plan would have been great. But there was someone on the committee that voted against it. That vote prevented it from coming to a vote on the House floor. Wonder who that Dumbass could have been that stopped the BEST plan there has been to get America out of this mess. Oh, I know. It was PAUL RYAN that voted to stop a vote on it in the full House.
You Repubs are such hypocrites.
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...
Homer

Effort, PA

#787671 Oct 29, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
human nature is for self-preservation, not for self-sacrifice in a hopeless cause.....such as the Obama economic program.....
The plan was good, the failure was his inability to get dickheads like you onboard. Romney if elected will succeed if only because Democrats are more patriotic and will want him and by extension America, to succeed.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#787672 Oct 29, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Hindenburg homer doesn't watch enough Fox News
GOP hints at 'massive cover-up' over Libya attack...
real Americans are repulsed by Obama's abandonment of our men in Benghazi....for political purposes to kiss Muslim ass.....

the boy is toast.....
Tournefort

Richmond, IN

#787673 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, Obama is killing terrorists with those drones, you didn't really believe Saddam when he claimed Bush blew up that milk factory. Why do you succumb to Fox news and terrorist propaganda? Bush's failed policies drove people into poverty, Obama's policies have been trying to get them out of it. And please as a Republican do not claim to give a sh!t about the poor now.
"Obama is killing terrorists with those drones"

My, my, my, what can the Nobel Committee be thinking?

"Nobel Committee Asks Obama “Nicely” To Return Peace Prize?

"Thorbjorn Jagland, chairman of the Nobel Peace Prize Committee, said today that President Obama “really ought to consider” returning his Nobel Peace Prize Medal immediately, including the “really nice” case it came in....

Jagland, flanked by the other four members of the Committee, said they’d never before asked for the return of a Peace Prize,“even from a damnable war-criminal like Kissinger,” but that the 10% drawdown in US troops in Afghanistan the President announced last week capped a period of “non-Peace-Prize-winner-type behavior” in 2011.“Guantanamo’s still open. There's bombing Libya. There's blowing bin Laden away rather than putting him on trial. Now a few US troops go home, but the US will be occupying Afghanistan until 2014 and beyond. Don’t even get me started on Yemen!”...

The chairman said the committee weren’t “going to be pills” about getting the Prize back because they still “basically really liked” Mr. Obama and that sending it back in a plain package by regular mail would fine if it would save him the embarrassment of a public return....

The White House had no comment. It later announced an aggressive new covert CIA initiative to identify and apprehend Al Qaeda operatives in Scandinavia."

http://www.thefinaledition.com/article/nobel-...

(Yes, it's satire...)
Homer

Effort, PA

#787674 Oct 29, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Too much ASS-U-MPTION. I listen to radio news.
What are you bizy watching. Chrissy Matthews?
Sharing the tingles up and down the legs, eh? Lol!
ASS-U-MPTION ... Makes an ASS out of U and MPTION.
<quoted text>
I don't watch anything.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#787675 Oct 29, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical right whiner, save themselves & f*ck their country.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#787676 Oct 29, 2012
Morons4Mitt wrote:
Obama in 4 years has increased spending ONLY 1.7%. ALL the rest has been caused by budget spending of the Bush years. No Budget has been passed to correct any of it because the Repubs keep adding amendments that are too stupid to be voted on.
The Bowles/Simpson Plan would have been great. But there was someone on the committee that voted against it. That vote prevented it from coming to a vote on the House floor. Wonder who that Dumbass could have been that stopped the BEST plan there has been to get America out of this mess. Oh, I know. It was PAUL RYAN that voted to stop a vote on it in the full House.
You Repubs are such hypocrites.
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...
your half-ass math charges Porkulus to Bush....and then uses Porkulus as a base for later Obama spending......

and Obama rejected Simpson-Bowles out-of-hand before Congress could even consider it....

but none of this BS matters....because your boy is toast in eight days.....
Morons4Mitt

Russellville, KY

#787677 Oct 29, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Benghazi is the final nail in Obama's political coffin....the boy is toast.....
FauxNews has decided to run block for Mitt in the last days before election. Instead of any coverage on Mitt or that of Obama. They have done NOTHING but 24/7 coverage of Benghazi. Lies from them are being told each hour. Where were ALL you hypocritical bastards when Bush got 4000 American troops killed looking for WMDs that were never there?
With Sandy getting ready to hit the east coast instead of asking Mitt what he would do they cover something else due to this FACT.
The Romney campaign said early Monday morning that Romney stood behind a statement first made during a 2011 Republican debate, in which Romney said that the Federal Emergency Management Agency should be disbanded, and its powers either privatized or given to the states.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/axe-fema-romney-s...
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#787678 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The plan was good, the failure was his inability to get dickheads like you onboard. Romney if elected will succeed if only because Democrats are more patriotic and will want him and by extension America, to succeed.
Obama's plan (Porkulus) was based on hiring more government employees and green energy boondoggles, both losing strategies.....

the economy sucks because there is no consumer demand....

most people, myself included, bought everything that they needed....so don't blame us for your failures....

Obama needs to re-write his economic comic book....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Who 47,477
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Sublime1 98,495
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min jacques Ottawa 179,253
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 24 min Hatti_Hollerand 649
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min Boy G 50,583
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 33 min TRD 68,635
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 57 min Frijoles 69,959
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]