Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263144 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#787916 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Even that isn't working out for the Democrats. The bigger the storm is, the more "presidential" Obama gets to be. You can bet the Democrats are hoping for a storm from hell and destruction everywhere.
Pretty nasty one.

Who's the duhmmy in A/C told people no need to heed the WELL sounded warnings of rationality and reason?

Think those duhmmies have figured out-they weren't just blowing mist yet?

ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRISTIE et al 2012!
Qualified LEADESHIP-FOR America again!
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#787917 Oct 29, 2012
LooTER SHooTER wrote:
If CROWbama IS STILL DOING AN INVESTIGATION ON BENGAZI ATTACK- HOW DID HE IMMEDIATLEY JUMP TO THE CONCLUSION IMMEDIATLY THAT IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF A YOUTUBE VIDEO?? He is a LIAR ! He is GUILTY OF FOUR AMERICANS BEING MURDERED !
Impeachment ...where is Republicans in all of this!
carol

Orlando, FL

#787918 Oct 29, 2012
redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text>That's why Massachusetts doesn't like him. You would think all that talk about what he did there, they would vote for him. I think they know the true Romney.
Romney's approval as Governor of Massachusetts:
Feb. 2003 - 56%
June 2003 - 56%
Sep. 2003 - 61%
Nov. 2003 - 66%
April 2004 - 58%
Sep. 2004 - 55%
March 2005 - 50%
Aug. 2005 - 50%
March 2006 - 46%-> after announcing not running for re-election

His numbers dropped only after March 2006 when he announced he would not run for reelection until December 2006.

Also, many in Massachusetts had grown dissatisfied with Romney's frequent out-of-state travel and shift toward promoting socially conservative issues as he began to focus increasingly on national rather than state politics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governorship_of_...

His approval ratings in a predominantly Democrat state was actually quite high until the very end of his last year in office.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#787919 Oct 29, 2012
Right-Wing Media Defend Romney's False Claim That Chrysler Is Sending Jobs To China

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/10/29/right...

It's the FOX culture.
carol

Orlando, FL

#787921 Oct 29, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
How quickly everybody forgets..........
Bill Clinton was suspended from practicing law in Arkansas and paid a $250,000 fine as a result of the Monica Lewinski incident. He also paid a $850,000 settlement over the Paula Jones incident. He was also disbarred from practicing law in front of the Supreme Court. So Bill Clinton, a disbarred lawyer, a President who was impeached for lying under oath, is asking the American people to believe him when he says the best thing for the country is four more years of Obama. Just wanted to make sure I had that right.
I did not have sex with that woman but I do want you to vote for Obama.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#787922 Oct 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that before or after Bill called Mitt a liar?
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#787925 Oct 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill was sex maniac and Hillary was "cold fish"...as he told Monica Lewincky.
Logic

United States

#787927 Oct 29, 2012
Romney left a 1.9 Billion deficit and rank 47th in jobs in his one failed term as Govenor.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#787928 Oct 29, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
His magnificence Ronald Reagan did not spend his entire first term blaming Carter.
Because Ron was too busy raising taxes.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#787929 Oct 29, 2012
times up wrote:
<quoted text>the phker is gone on Nov 6th
I can't wait ...I already mailed my ballot ...
carol

Orlando, FL

#787930 Oct 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that before or after Bill called Mitt a liar?
Don't think Bill has much room to call anyone a liar.

But he did say Bain Capital's record was "sterling".

And he did say at an Ohio rally this month (supposedly supporting Obama) that the President has not fixed the economy, nor achieved any form of recovery and validated Mitt Romney's words from the most recent debate when he said this:

"Governor Romney's argument is...it's not fixed, so fire him and put me in. It is true, we're not fixed. When President Obama looked into the eyes of that man who said at the debate, I had so much hope four years ago, and I don't now...I thought he was gonna cry. Because he knows that it's not fixed."

Seems Bill might be having some mixed feelings.
carol

Orlando, FL

#787931 Oct 29, 2012
Wonder if Romney wins he can blame Obama for the next four years.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#787933 Oct 29, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
There's basic dishonesty and then there's f-you dishonesty--dishonesty so blatant, so consciously abusive of facts that everyone knows, that it deserves a category of its own.
------
0's MOTTO
In a "class" of his own!!!!!
Exactly.
It's so obvious Obama is lying about Libya, I'm really surprised anyone pretends to believe him.
This has to embarrass even the idiot OWSers here.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#787934 Oct 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Ron was too busy raising taxes.
Winning the Cold War has a cost. Especially when there's a Democrat-controlled Congress sabotaging us.

By the way, I'm sorry your side lost the Cold War.
... get over it, dupe.
worker

United States

#787935 Oct 29, 2012
carol wrote:
Wonder if Romney wins he can blame Obama for the next four years.
You sound like those that talked people into voting for Bush. Haven't learned anything yet?

Oh yea, why is it that I see Clinton campaigning all over and where is Bush? Romney doesn't want anyone to know how his policies will end up

Obama/Biden 2012
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#787936 Oct 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think Bill has much room to call anyone a liar.
But he did say Bain Capital's record was "sterling".
And he did say at an Ohio rally this month (supposedly supporting Obama) that the President has not fixed the economy, nor achieved any form of recovery and validated Mitt Romney's words from the most recent debate when he said this:
"Governor Romney's argument is...it's not fixed, so fire him and put me in. It is true, we're not fixed. When President Obama looked into the eyes of that man who said at the debate, I had so much hope four years ago, and I don't now...I thought he was gonna cry. Because he knows that it's not fixed."
Seems Bill might be having some mixed feelings.
You're supposed to kill the horse first.

And you could use some coaching on your flogging technique; though I love the drift to the middle.
carol

Orlando, FL

#787937 Oct 29, 2012
Logic wrote:
Romney left a 1.9 Billion deficit and rank 47th in jobs in his one failed term as Govenor.
Romney presided over a series of spending cuts and increases in fees that eliminated an up to $1.5 billion deficit.

According to PolitiFact:
If a state is faring better than others through the recession, there is less room to go back up, and so the percentage gains would be smaller.

We found little evidence to support the claim that Romney is responsible for those jobs numbers. Economists told us that it's a stretch to blame or credit Romney or any governor for job numbers.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Logic

United States

#787939 Oct 29, 2012
red light district wrote:
<quoted text>alot of 47%ers lived there ,Romney was right they're deadbeats
I thought Romney was Mr.job creator. With his great job creating skills you figure he be ranked number 1 and not 47th.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#787940 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Winning the Cold War has a cost. Especially when there's a Democrat-controlled Congress sabotaging us.
By the way, I'm sorry your side lost the Cold War.
... get over it, dupe.
omg it's become your catch phrase.

culture dupe? dupe the culture? culture the dupe? it's the dupe culture?

flo? lil help pls.
carol

Orlando, FL

#787941 Oct 29, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
I can still remember President Clinton staring right at me and America saying that. Of course I knew he was lying, just as I know Obama's myriad lies.
People died
Obama lied
While the nation was focused on Bill Clinton's charges of sexual harrassment, lying under oath to a Grand Jury, deciphering the meaning of the word "is" and whether or not he did or did not have sex with that woman in the Oval Office, the plot for 9/11 was in full swing during the entire four years of his second term.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Dr Guru 194,461
Opportunity knocks at the door only once. 21 min Q372725176 degree 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 54,345
Cheap Kitchen Cabinets Door For Sale UK 1 hr drisa22 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,142
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Rose of Tralee 100,287
abby7-30-15 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages