Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#787595 Oct 29, 2012
Joss Whedon: Mitt Romney Right for ‘Zombie Apocalypse’

The man behind “The Avengers,”“Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Firefly” released a satirical video endorsing Mitt Romney this Halloween weekend, saying the Republican candidate has some unique qualifications.

Romney has “the vision and determination to cut through business as usual politics and finally put this country back on the path to a zombie apocalypse,” writer and director Joss Whedon says in the joke video.

Users watched the parody more than 800,000 times during its first 24 hours on the Internet.

Though clearly joking, Whedon plays on themes used in more serious ads. Romney has promised to create 12 million jobs to help lift Americans out of poverty, but Whedon warns that a Romney administration would favor the wealthy, leading to economic and societal deterioration.

“It’s his commitment to ungoverned corporate privilege that will nosedive this economy into true insolvency and chaos, the kind of chaos you can’t buy back,” Whedon says.“Money is only so much paper to the undead.”

Whedon also warns against a Romney agenda on social issues:“Romney is ready to make the deep rollbacks in health care, education, social services, reproductive rights that will guarantee poverty, unemployment, overpopulation, disease, rioting: all crucial elements in creating a nightmare zombie wasteland.”

The video mimics actual campaign ads, showing Whedon in his home and speaking directly to the camera while seeming to go about his normal routine — which turns out to be stocking up for the pending apocalypse.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787597 Oct 29, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush didn't do anything "to New Orleans due to Katrina", you dope.
If any politicians are to blame for storm-related deaths, it was the mayor and the governor.
I blame them too. Don't you ever get tired of being a Bush apologist?
carol

Orlando, FL

#787598 Oct 29, 2012
If Romney wins, I hope all you liberals will be nice and not criticize his policies just because he's white.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#787599 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of the changes you're going to get.
The closest we came was when the Republican-controlled Congress dragged Bill Clinton kicking and screaming to a balanced budget.
I do believe that your future is going to have a lot, lot of TEA in it.
Romney in a landslide, it looks like.
Then, Paul Ryan tells the government how big its going to be.
Gotta love it, dontcha?
Clinton & Republican Congress = balanced budget & surplus

Bush & basically the same Congress = Debt & deficit.

Republicans voted to take us of that path. Paul Lying POS Ryan voted for that.

Paul lying POS Ryan voted to expand government.

Paul lying POS Ruyan voted to double the GD debt.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#787600 Oct 29, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The religious right stand for individual freedom and oppose the imposition of secular humanism by the state, also known as the legalization of sin. duh
You couldn't educate a flea ..ya nimrod.
Nimrod was the great grandson of Noah.
The only difference between the Religious Right and the Taliban is which book they read from. In attitude they are one in the same.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787601 Oct 29, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Bah-Humbug! Stay on point. Facts are Facts. Your OPINION regarding what transpired with Hurricane Katrina DOESN'T matter.
Blanco and Nagin were two Beavis and Butthead bobble-heads.
Bizy being concerned about the "political ramifications" that if they called in the Federal Government, it would look like they failed. Well they did FAIL. And caused many people to DIE.
I'm sure they sleep just fine at night.
Considering they're in a COMA even when they're AWAKE.
Bah!~ You may never fully recover from your retrograde amnesia!
<quoted text>
Bah, I agree they are to blame as well. Don't you insult me, leave that to the lowlifes on the thread. And 'Bah' is mine too.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787602 Oct 29, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
B. Hussein Obama - the president who'll be remembered for throwing a baseball like a girl and shaking hands like a "dead fish."
I see you've gone full blown rightwinger. I guess we can stop calling you a weasel now. How's the weather by you?
carol

Orlando, FL

#787603 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The government has never gotten smaller under a Republican president. End of fcking story.
It will now...if a Republican President and a Republican Congress have anything to say about it.
RealDaves Mom

Kent, WA

#787604 Oct 29, 2012
Son,quit being a retarded Douche Ball
illinois

United States

#787605 Oct 29, 2012
Vote Obama!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#787606 Oct 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact? There was a GD fact?
I guess adding 60 billion in revenues is a waste of time but lets defund planned parenthood & Big Bird. I much did that save?
You right whiners get GD dumber eery GD day.
The Republicans grew government the last time they held the White House.
They increased Spending.
What will Mitt Romney cut? Do we know?
Or is it part of the Great Mitt Romney Plan: After he takes office, he gets with Republicans & Democrats, sit around the campfire, sing Kumbaya, & magically figure out how to do the crap Romney says he will do.
Romney has no plan. NONE ZERO ZILCH.
The only thing we know he will cut is Planned Parenthood and PBS. We don't know a single loophole he will close or a single deduction he will eliminate.
A penny saved is a penny earned.

I want you to go home and repeat that one thousand times.

Big Bird won't be putting his pecker into the public trough anymore.

Planned Parenthood doesn't need public funds. It has very, very significant private funds.

Government grows when the country becomes engaged in a global war, like the war the Arab muslims started with the United States when they murdered 3000 people.
Government should retract when the war ends. Considering Obama has surrendered Iraq and Afghanistan to the muslim terrorists, the war is ended. Time to cut the government back.
However, Obama didn't end the war by ending it. He surrendered. The Arab terrorist threat is still there, has taken control of more countries than it controlled prior to 9/11/2001, and only an idiot thinks they won't attack us again.
Can't defend the United States, pay the debt the Democrats created, and pay Obama's base to not work at the same time.
Let's see.... who to cut?.... hmmmmmmmm.
How about we cut off support to the people who choose to not become educated and not work?
That sounds like a good idea to me.
If they want something, let them work for it like every other goddam person in the country.
Nobody gets everything they want. The more you study and work, the more you get of what you want.
How about that for some hopey - changey stuff?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#787607 Oct 29, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of progressive crap.
And in case you forgot, liberals "consistently attacked" Bush for EVERYTHING he did.
Once again Gunner lies.

After 9-11, Democrats stood behind Bush. They supported his action up until they realized they were lied to with the Iraq war.

When we were informed of the financial crisis in Sept. of 2008, it was the Demi0ctats that stood with Bush while the Republicans played politics.

Obama walked in the door in another crisis & the f*cking lowlife POS Republicans played politics. They purposefully wanted people to suffer rather than help us recover.

Paul lying POS Ryan was part of that.
LooTER SHooTER

United States

#787608 Oct 29, 2012
redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey , little shooter have you heard some of the crap coming from the republicans. Romney said in Ohio Chryisler is moving out of the country. That's wrong their Adding jobs in Detroit and Ohio+ Richard Mourdock said if you get raped and become pregnant that is a bless from god whoa!!Mr Lawrence his republican party is full of right wing radicals and war monger! col. Powell said pretty much the same thing!!Get out a little it's all over the news and radio.
number 1 murdouck Not Running for President! Number 2- chrystler and GM(government Motors) are going to go belly up again! They can not keep their uehicles over priced as they are with Obamas economy,and they cant ever pay us back! FORD is doing just fine ! Number 3 I keep up with everthing except I dont listen to the Trash , the bullshit and the total nonsence from the idiots your drinking KOOLAIDE with ! You are all BRAINDEAD! You need to get out of Topix and go back to watching your Jackhole Fags, Queers,Dykes, Crossdressers, Transvestites, Transgenders,and TransTesticles on MSNBC !! can you people believe this guy? Where do they grow you pieces of Shit?
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#787609 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Listen jackassface I did not have a problem with going in to Afhghanistan and going after the Taliban, get in get out and be done with it, the problem is unlike the Russians we're still there 10 years later. As for Iraq we never should have gone in, no justification has ever be brought to Homer to warrant an invasion.
"Listen jackassface" lol!( just a funny line DB, nothing personal ).

Afghanistan has become a Viet Nam quagmire.

Iraq, a huge mistake.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#787610 Oct 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
With Mitt, there would be no GM or Chrysler anywhere.
Prove it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#787611 Oct 29, 2012
20 foot waves on top of a 11 foot surge.
carol

Orlando, FL

#787612 Oct 29, 2012
NEW YORK, Oct 29 (Reuters)- The supply of gasoline, diesel and jet fuel into the U.S. East Coast ground almost to a halt on Monday as Hurricane Sandy forced the closure of two-thirds of the region's refineries, its biggest pipeline, and most major ports.

Benchmark New York harbor gasoline futures jumped as much as 11 cents a gallon, with traders fearing that power outages and flooding could leave refiners struggling to restore operations after the broadest storm ever to hit the United States.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/10/29/stor...

More bad news...
carol

Orlando, FL

#787613 Oct 29, 2012
illinois wrote:
Vote Obama!
Why?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#787615 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Listen jackassface I did not have a problem with going in to Afhghanistan and going after the Taliban, get in get out and be done with it, the problem is unlike the Russians we're still there 10 years later. As for Iraq we never should have gone in, no justification has ever be brought to Homer to warrant an invasion.
So, you would have done the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and you're stupid enough to expect a different outcome?

It didn't matter where we went. The Arab jihad was going to go there and fight us. The only thing we could do was choose the place.
How about we just kill more than one bird with one stone, huh?

Bush did it differently that the Soviets. That's why the Soviets lost and Bush won.
Mission accomplished.))))))))

But, please tell us why you think we could have done the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets and not experienced the exact same thing the Soviets experienced.....

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#787616 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The government has never gotten smaller under a Republican president. End of fcking story.
Why is homer so nasty today? You're not a tigers fan, are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 10-24 5 min RACE 9
Abby 10-23-14 14 min Toj 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min Jonah1 50,629
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min jacques Ottawa 179,394
Uniosun Admission List (utme/de) 2014/2015 Rele... 58 min Dr Lucky 1
Ansu Supplementary Admission 2014/2015 Released... 1 hr Dr Lucky 1
Ibadan Polytechnic 2014/2015 1st Bach Is Out, F... 1 hr Dr Lucky 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]