Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232724 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#787774 Oct 29, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Nah, she only swings a mean cast iron frying pan.
And a wooden spoon like a chobo wallop.
No. They were from different villages.
Why? Are yours? Speaking from experience, are you?
Give you some advice: that are your parents siblings is a very old line that has worn out its usefulness at comedy or insult.
If it ever had either.
Ev'nin' Mate ...
<quoted text>
Your right, sorry...I just saw where you live..That is punishment enough for anyone..

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

#787775 Oct 29, 2012
I think the new Romney ad blaming Obama for selling a part of Chrysler to a Italian company.

He would have put GM on the market for anyone to grab at low prices.

There was no guarantee that these investors would be US, none. And do you think Romney cared?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787776 Oct 29, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>the point is your a teabag fool that does have all day...nothing you could ever do could be classified as important....or useful
Oh wow, you are just so articulate. Kudos to you.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787777 Oct 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
I think the new Romney ad blaming Obama for selling a part of Chrysler to a Italian company.
He would have put GM on the market for anyone to grab at low prices.
There was no guarantee that these investors would be US, none. And do you think Romney cared?
I will bet Obama a-kissing union officials care. Romney wants what is good for the entire country not just the unions.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#787778 Oct 29, 2012
Realtime wrote:
9/12/12 Ambassador Stevens body was discovered in a Benghazi hospital where it had been taken by (unknown) Libyans.
David D Kirkpatrick/Steven Lee Myers 9/12/12
There's a damned good chance that ambassador Stevens and/or Sean Smith never called, cabled or e-mailed anyone requesting assistance. Glen Doherty's involvement has been rewritten__he was not at the consulate but arrived from Tripoli and was killed at the the CIA base. Obviously Ty Woods is deceased (killed at the CIA base)__so just who in the fk are all these "nameless sources on the ground?"
I sure wish that someone would write a story that couldn't be debunked in less than a minutes time.
There's a lot of liars, impersonators, twisted distorters, manipulators, yellow gutter snipes, pretenders and generally warped wanna be's out there these days.

But repeated cables from people in the midst of trouble- seeing pending more trouble, asking for stepped up help- don't lie. There would be no need to.

"Big black flags".

Foreign Policy Failure.

ROMNEY/RYAN et al
Qualified Leadership FOR America again, not against it!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787779 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fresca? You elitist, I drink Pepsi®
Oh right, I put those fresca bottles in your recycling. You are welcome.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787780 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
I'm going to keep posting until I lose powe
Not to worry, I will cover for you while you are out of touch...well until you get power back....you will still be out of touch even when you get back on line.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

#787781 Oct 29, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You still holding on to that "poor me" defense by Obama on why Congress is broken. You believe it has nothing to do with him and that it's all 300 republicans in Washington that are the problem. Oh, dear me, it's not me, it's everyone else that's a problem. Why is he the only president in history that cannot find a way to play int the sandbox? You liberals crack me up. Clinton did just fine, so did Bush. Obama is a narcissist and he flaunts it.
We had 9-11, Democrats stood with Bush

We had the near financial collapse, Democrats stood with Bush while Republicans ran screaming through the streets screaming "Bail Out" "bail Out". Republicans knew there was option.

Then we had the recession hit full force. Where were the Republicans? Meeting in secret to decide that if Obama is for it, they are against it.

Republicans knew that the more we recover, the less their chances in 2012.

Instead of choosing America, they chose their party.

Peppy, if you deny that, you are exactly what I know you are.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#787782 Oct 29, 2012
Patriot wrote:
FYI - Their "Perfect Storm"
NRC Whistleblowers: Risk of Nuclear Melt-Down In U.S. Is Even HIGHER Than It Was at Fukushima
Massive Cover-Up of Risks from Flooding to Numerous U.S. Nuclear Facilities
Numerous American nuclear reactors are built within flood zones:
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/10/nrc-wh...
Huh...water dependent nuclear.

Who'd've ever thunk it.

STATES RIGHTS to Energy Independence!!!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
REAL Qualified Experience for ALL of America again-NOT just some!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787783 Oct 29, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot of liars, impersonators, twisted distorters, manipulators, yellow gutter snipes, pretenders and generally warped wanna be's out there these days.
But repeated cables from people in the midst of trouble- seeing pending more trouble, asking for stepped up help- don't lie. There would be no need to.
"Big black flags".
Foreign Policy Failure.
ROMNEY/RYAN et al
Qualified Leadership FOR America again, not against it!
Failed leadership is only the tip of the iceberg. Obama's spineless reaction resulted in the death of american patriots and for what, to protect his election chances. I hope he takes that guilt to his grave because he knows his actions led to their violent deaths that could have been prevented. No excuse can undo that reality.
Martin

United States

#787784 Oct 29, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I will bet Obama a-kissing union officials care. Romney wants what is good for the entire country not just the unions.
Mitt Romney:

Trickle Down economics works. All those jobs I outsourced to China while CEO of Bain will have kickback effects.

You see, as the Chinese worker gets wealthier and wealthier, he will hire Americans to work as his apprentices.

For .06 cents an hour.

Hey, you have to start small.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#787785 Oct 29, 2012
You "know" I always am.

You "used" to be a poster of some note.

But now .. Anyway, I don't care to chat up your silly soliloquies.
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>Your right...
Thebleachbottlen clothe

London, KY

#787786 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The closer it gets to Halloween, the more powerful I get.))))
Have to leave on a note, though. So....
All sane people are epicurean. The boundary between (sane) epicureanism and (insane) hedonism is crossed when a person expects everyone else to be responsible for the results and effects of their attempts to exercise their epicurean desires, which become hedonistic demands.
If a person exercises their epicurean desires and accepts responsibility for all effects and results, then this person is still sane.
If a person exercises their epicurean desires and expects the general society at large to support the burden of the effects and results of their exercise of epicurean desires. This person is defined as a hedonist.
The Republicans are consistent with epicureanism.
The Democrats are consistent with hedonism.
Swipes lots at hedonism (phew--ah smell hedonism-peeeyew lol)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#787787 Oct 29, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Failed leadership is only the tip of the iceberg. Obama's spineless reaction resulted in the death of american patriots and for what, to protect his election chances. I hope he takes that guilt to his grave because he knows his actions led to their violent deaths that could have been prevented. No excuse can undo that reality.
When he hopped right back on the "campaign trail" the next day to Vegasville-that did it for me.

Failed Foreign Policy and NO integrity either.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Qualified Experience with some INTEGRITY-FOR America again-NOT against it!

“Birds Eye”

Since: Sep 12

Camp Bell

#787788 Oct 29, 2012
new yawk wrote:
You "know" I always am.
You "used" to be a poster of some note.
But now .. Anyway, I don't care to chat up your silly soliloquies.
<quoted text>
Is everybody in Buffalo drunk today? I hear you've got a hell of a storm blowing in at least you've got an excuse.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787789 Oct 29, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We had 9-11, Democrats stood with Bush
We had the near financial collapse, Democrats stood with Bush while Republicans ran screaming through the streets screaming "Bail Out" "bail Out". Republicans knew there was option.
Then we had the recession hit full force. Where were the Republicans? Meeting in secret to decide that if Obama is for it, they are against it.
Republicans knew that the more we recover, the less their chances in 2012.
Instead of choosing America, they chose their party.
Peppy, if you deny that, you are exactly what I know you are.
One guy cannot work with any of 300 republicans, what kind of knucklehead are you? People who blame everyone else for their own failures are hopeless. Having one of them as president is a horrible thought. How come Clinton succeeded (with Gingrich no less) where Obama has failed. Answer, Clinton knew how to approach non-partisan politics, where as Obama's kiss-my-ass approach was not effective.

Don't worry, I already know what you are, an Obama apologizer. Can't face the failures so you make excuses, blame everyone except the responsible party. Honestly if he wasn't up to the task, why did he seek the job. Hope and change was cheeky for liberal kool aid drinkers but that crap does not sway Congress.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787791 Oct 29, 2012
Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney:
Trickle Down economics works. All those jobs I outsourced to China while CEO of Bain will have kickback effects.
You see, as the Chinese worker gets wealthier and wealthier, he will hire Americans to work as his apprentices.
For .06 cents an hour.
Hey, you have to start small.
Okay, well then let's go with Obama and let americans starve to death while the feds go bankrupt. I'll just cancel my vacation to Greece and watch it all unfold here.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787792 Oct 29, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
When he hopped right back on the "campaign trail" the next day to Vegasville-that did it for me.
Failed Foreign Policy and NO integrity either.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Qualified Experience with some INTEGRITY-FOR America again-NOT against it!
Many politicians do similar crap, but I really despise the lying and cover ups involved in this case. To this day, he still evades any answers to direct questions on Benghazi. Will not acknowledge any failures at all. How the liberals welcome his lies and evasion is beyond me. He reminds me of Nixon, he thinks regular citizens are idiots and somehow he is above the law.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787794 Oct 29, 2012
Okay everybody, going over to Homer's now. He is cooking raccoon on the grill tonight. Thought I would try something new, although that animal in the back of his truck sure did not look like a raccoon.

See you all tomorrow if I don't get sick.
worker

United States

#787795 Oct 29, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Many politicians do similar crap, but I really despise the lying and cover ups involved in this case. To this day, he still evades any answers to direct questions on Benghazi. Will not acknowledge any failures at all. How the liberals welcome his lies and evasion is beyond me. He reminds me of Nixon, he thinks regular citizens are idiots and somehow he is above the law.
These lies will not stick on the wall. Even Condoleessa Rice said that the President did everything right. Colon Powell said that he is keeping America safe. Both of these people are Republicans. Take that crap you are trying to dish out down to your outhouse. It isn't working

Obama/Biden 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Guru 189,867
News More Than 40 People Shot In Chicago Over Holida... 13 min reality is a crutch 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Mothra 53,497
abby 5-25-15 18 min mrs gladys kravitz 3
amy 5-25-15 33 min Kuuipo 4
“I’ll have those negras voting Democratic for t... 1 hr LBJ Said It 2
@POTUS: Obama unveils new TWITTER account 1 hr PotusIsEVILTWIT 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]