Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#787458 Oct 29, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's the end of the world!
I'm sure it will feel that way to the people who live there.A lot of them don't drive. Without the subway it will be walk, bus, or taxi. It will be a mess.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787459 Oct 29, 2012
50 Facts About Rape
1.Low estimate of the number of women , according to the Department of Justice, raped every year: 300,000
2.High estimate of the number of women raped , according to the CDC: 1.3 million
3.Percentage of rapes not reported : 54 percent
4.A woman's chance of being raped in the U.S.: 1 in 5
5.Chances that a raped woman conceives compared to one engaging in consensual sex : at least two times as likely
6.Number of women in the US impregnated against their will each year in the U.S. as a result of rape: 32,000
7.Number of states in which rapists can sue for custody and visitation : 31
8.Chances that a woman's body " shuts that whole thing down; ": 0 in 3.2 billion !!!
http://www.alternet.org/gender/number-states-...
Rapes? So what, Fred has an ingrown toe nail.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787460 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Romney could kill Fred's entire family and Fred would say 'who cares?'
Mere hypothetical horse pucky, it is far more likely that an Obama drone will hit them. Let's face it, Obama kills innocent civilians with drones overseas and drives them into poverty here in the US. Not a very nice man.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#787461 Oct 29, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, she was good at college basketball.
And she has traditional "Mama Grizzly" values.
Lets see, she was knocked up when she and Todd "eloped." She was good a high school basketball--didn't translate well, although too six years and six different colleges to get a four-year degree...didn't seem to know that an eight-hour flight in labor with a Downs Syndrome baby could be dangerous to the child...traditional?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#787462 Oct 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I just about did.
But any newspaper in Chicago endorsing Romney at least makes me a little giddy. Can't help it.
That's understandable; I felt that way when a Utah Newspaper endorsed The President.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787463 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack, prettysure most of the subways are below sea level, they have a pump system that is constantly pumping out water with many in reserve. Calm down.
Kind of like flushing a toilet eh Homer?
fred

Milford, CT

#787464 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He reminds me of Colonel Flagg on M*A*S*H*
Hindenburg homer reminds fred of Mr Greenjeans on Captain Kangaroo

http://feelsliketime.files.wordpress.com/2010...
carol

Orlando, FL

#787465 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Wutever, all that warm air makes you people weak not tough like us northerners, blue state power baby! Bah, Peppy wears these to work every day - http://shivskies.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/...
They probably look better on Peppy...maybe with a different pair of socks though.

You can spot a true Floridian a mile away when the weather suddenly gets a little cooler. LOL.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#787466 Oct 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Might as well be - if that little fellow gets re-elected.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787467 Oct 29, 2012
The right-leaning paper admitted that Mitt Romney's policies should have made him a more obvious choice for their endorsement, but they described the GOP nominee as "astonishingly willing to bend his views to the politics of the moment: on abortion, on immigration, on gun laws and, most famously, on health care.".

Favorite quote of the day.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#787468 Oct 29, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Fast & Furious II
BENGHAZI-GATE: COVERUP FOR CIA GUN-RUNNING IN SYRIA?: As more and more leaks develop about Benghazi, an intriguing theory is emerging: That Ambassador Stevens was involved in recruiting Al Qaeda jihadists–and providing them weaponry–to fight Assad’s regime in Syria. If true, this could provide some context for an Obama Administration motive to cover up and deny military aid to Stevens and his colleagues at the consulate compound.
You know how to make Chicken Benghazi?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787469 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How about right-leaning ones endoring Obama?-
CHICAGO -- For only the second time in its 165-year history, the Chicago Tribune has endorsed a Democratic candidate for president.
Once again, President Barack Obama will enjoy his hometown Tribune's seal of approval, the newspaper announced Friday. The paper lauded the president for his careful projection of military power abroad and pragmatism as the country's economic "dominoes toppled." The Tribune editorial reads:
Four years ago, when we endorsed Obama’s run for the White House, we said he would act with decisiveness and intellectual rigor. Ironically he has shown those attributes most where Americans might have expected them least.
The right-leaning paper admitted that Mitt Romney's policies should have made him a more obvious choice for their endorsement, but they described the GOP nominee as "astonishingly willing to bend his views to the politics of the moment: on abortion, on immigration, on gun laws and, most famously, on health care.".
Well that changes everything. Not sure what I should do now.
fred

Milford, CT

#787470 Oct 29, 2012
<quoted text>
No, it won't hurt you, you're sexless. But it will hurt all the normal American men, sorry I left that part out.
Why do you hate Anne Coulter now? You found out she's a man?
Unlike your mandingo man who is sick of you, frisky fred still has a twinkle in his eye.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#787471 Oct 29, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text> Mere hypothetical horse pucky, it is far more likely that an Obama drone will hit them. Let's face it, Obama kills innocent civilians with drones overseas and drives them into poverty here in the US. Not a very nice man.
Mitt will abolish drones and never kill anyone!

He'll just sink the ships!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#787472 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack, prettysure most of the subways are below sea level, they have a pump system that is constantly pumping out water with many in reserve. Calm down.
11 feet of water pouring down the stairways into the tubes? I doubt there is enough pumps to stop that. Not to mention all the basements.
Lincoln Duncan

Griffin, GA

#787473 Oct 29, 2012
President Obama is professional with this hurricane unlike that other guy during Katrina
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787474 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He reminds me of Colonel Flagg on M*A*S*H*
Homer, just why oh why are you wearing a burka today???
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#787475 Oct 29, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure it will feel that way to the people who live there.A lot of them don't drive. Without the subway it will be walk, bus, or taxi. It will be a mess.
Definitely. Wonder if Jamie Dimon and the rest of the wall street guys have a helicopter pads on their roofs?

Hurricanes are terrifying, I've seen quite a few here. The only saving grace is that you know they are coming for the most part and can prepare, unlike Tornadoes.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787476 Oct 29, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text> Mere hypothetical horse pucky, it is far more likely that an Obama drone will hit them. Let's face it, Obama kills innocent civilians with drones overseas and drives them into poverty here in the US. Not a very nice man.
Bah, Obama is killing terrorists with those drones, you didn't really believe Saddam when he claimed Bush blew up that milk factory. Why do you succumb to Fox news and terrorist propaganda? Bush's failed policies drove people into poverty, Obama's policies have been trying to get them out of it. And please as a Republican do not claim to give a sh!t about the poor now.
carol

Orlando, FL

#787477 Oct 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Last night, one reporter said NYC was a like a ghost town.

Pretty eerie.

Right now it's being reported the water levels are already up to where Irene was and the storm is still hours away.

Maybe not the end of the world but pretty freakin' unusual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do want to be an artist? 10 min ARTIST LINE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Sgt Prepper 180,988
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min litesong 48,606
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,530
World's Best Photo Art 2 hr Zeke 7
ask amy 11-28 4 hr RACE 3
Last Chance! 5 hr Harem 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News