Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
fred

Milford, CT

#787438 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fred has like a 4 year old's view of the world, it's very innocent albeit a little disturbing since he is an old man.
Hindenburg homer accuses fred of which he is most guilty. Projection is a mental defect which helps Hindenberg homer live in his liberal fantasy world.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787439 Oct 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I just about did.
But any newspaper in Chicago endorsing Romney at least makes me a little giddy. Can't help it.
How about right-leaning ones endoring Obama?-

CHICAGO -- For only the second time in its 165-year history, the Chicago Tribune has endorsed a Democratic candidate for president.

Once again, President Barack Obama will enjoy his hometown Tribune's seal of approval, the newspaper announced Friday. The paper lauded the president for his careful projection of military power abroad and pragmatism as the country's economic "dominoes toppled." The Tribune editorial reads:

Four years ago, when we endorsed Obama’s run for the White House, we said he would act with decisiveness and intellectual rigor. Ironically he has shown those attributes most where Americans might have expected them least.

The right-leaning paper admitted that Mitt Romney's policies should have made him a more obvious choice for their endorsement, but they described the GOP nominee as "astonishingly willing to bend his views to the politics of the moment: on abortion, on immigration, on gun laws and, most famously, on health care.".
O Dud

New York, NY

#787440 Oct 29, 2012
Romney wants to shift resources from wasteful public spending to the private sector to boost entrepreneurs, tap our vast and growing energy rsources, reform education and reform entitlements to preserve them before they are bankrupt. This plan has never not worked.

Obama's New Normal is like an illness one thinks they have to live with, Mediocrititis. His manifesto is more tax hikes, more spending, more debt and more Obamacare in pursuit of redistribution.

How exactly is Obama's plan supposed to work? When has it ever worked? At the current pace of job creation over the past two years, the economy won't return to the Bush low of 4.4% unemployment for another 9 years.

Obama has fixed nothing and made everything worse. His campaign slogan of FORWARD, must mean driving us right off the fiscal cliff.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#787441 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fred has like a 4 year old's view of the world, it's very innocent albeit a little disturbing since he is an old man.
Fred is a true american, he pulls his weight.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#787442 Oct 29, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
23 million out of work.
Divide that by 300 million and you get just under 8%.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What a moran! You kin to Ghostie?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#787443 Oct 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Canada? Didn't they stop FOX from starting the same infotainer channel we have to suffer with? Something about "false or misleading news" being against the law.
Need I say more?
I wonder what happened to that nice couple from UniVision???that asked O'bama the tough questions and actually did a random act of journalism in the process?
O'bama deported them.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787444 Oct 29, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth.
How refreshing.
I had to read it twice to see if I missed anything.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#787445 Oct 29, 2012
50 Facts About Rape

1.Low estimate of the number of women , according to the Department of Justice, raped every year: 300,000
2.High estimate of the number of women raped , according to the CDC: 1.3 million
3.Percentage of rapes not reported : 54 percent
4.A woman's chance of being raped in the U.S.: 1 in 5
5.Chances that a raped woman conceives compared to one engaging in consensual sex : at least two times as likely
6.Number of women in the US impregnated against their will each year in the U.S. as a result of rape: 32,000
7.Number of states in which rapists can sue for custody and visitation : 31
8.Chances that a woman's body " shuts that whole thing down; ": 0 in 3.2 billion !!!

http://www.alternet.org/gender/number-states-...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#787446 Oct 29, 2012
flack wrote:
did I just hear what I thought I heard? Did the lady just say lower Manhattan could expect 11 feet of water? I've been there. That is about the second floor of most buildings. Not to mention the subways. Closing two tunnels sometime today. We had a tunnel flood here a few years back and it took them over a week to pump it out. It's maybe 3/4 of a mile, if that. How long would it take to pump out the subways.
Maybe it's the end of the world!
fred

Milford, CT

#787447 Oct 29, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsehead Jogger!!
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/29/horsehe...
One thing good is that Fred now hates Anne Coulter, not sure why.
So, there's a glimmer of hope.
Ann Coulter is on fred's shit list because she said she's vote for the Kenyan rather than Newt. She lost a lot of fans. Her new book isn't doing well when fred would buy two before.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#787448 Oct 29, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
23 million out of work.
Divide that by 300 million and you get just under 8%.
America has a 300 million person work force? LOL Try using the number of possible workers as your divisor.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#787449 Oct 29, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's his wife; he keeps her in a burlap bag
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787450 Oct 29, 2012
carol wrote:
Swing state endorsement tally: Romney 11, Obama 8
Colorado: 1 for Obama
•Denver Post (Obama)
Florida: 5 for Romney; 2 for Obama
•Miami Herald (Obama)
•Naples Daily News (Romney)
•Orlando Sentinel (Romney)
•South Florida Sun Sentinel (Romney)
•Tampa Bay Times (Obama)
•Tampa Tribune (Romney)
•Florida Times-Union (Romney)
•Sarasota Herald-Tribune endorsed Obama in ‘08, not endorsing candidates this year
Iowa: 1 for Romney
•Des Moines Register (Romney)
Nevada: 2 for Romney
•Las Vegas Review-Journal (Romney)
•Reno Gazette-Journal (Romney)
North Carolina: 2 for Obama
•Charlotte Observer (Obama)
•Raleigh News & Observer (Obama)
Ohio: 3 for Obama; 2 for Romney
•Akron Beacon Journal (Obama)
•Cincinnati Enquirer (Romney)
•Cleveland Plain Dealer (Obama)
•Columbus Dispatch (Romney)
•The Toledo Blade (Obama)
Virginia: 1 for Romney
•Richmond Times-Dispatch (Romney)
•The Roanoke Times did not endorse in ‘08 nor will they this year
Wisconsin
•Milwaukee Journal Sentinel endorsed Obama in ‘08, but isn’t endorsing this year
At least seven papers that supported Obama for president in 2008 have flipped to endorse Romney for president in 2012. They include:
•Des Moines Register
•Orlando Sentinel
•Houston Chronicle
•The Florida Times-Union
•Fort Worth Star-Telegram
•South Florida Sun Sentinel
•The Tennessean
http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/...
I'm not trying to upset anyone - just posting the latest updates.
Yeah, I always wait to see who my paper endorses so I know who to vote for.
fred

Milford, CT

#787451 Oct 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Horsehead Jogger!!
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/29/horsehe...
One thing good is that Fred now hates Anne Coulter, not sure why.
So, there's a glimmer of hope.
Fast & Furious II

BENGHAZI-GATE: COVERUP FOR CIA GUN-RUNNING IN SYRIA?: As more and more leaks develop about Benghazi, an intriguing theory is emerging: That Ambassador Stevens was involved in recruiting Al Qaeda jihadists–and providing them weaponry–to fight Assad’s regime in Syria. If true, this could provide some context for an Obama Administration motive to cover up and deny military aid to Stevens and his colleagues at the consulate compound.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787452 Oct 29, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
He reminds me of Colonel Flagg on M*A*S*H*
fred

Milford, CT

#787453 Oct 29, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea! fred pays very high taxes!

Hindenburg homer is a banjo Bolshevik
Tell It Like It Is

Atascadero, CA

#787454 Oct 29, 2012
O Dud wrote:
Romney wants to shift resources from wasteful public spending to the private sector to boost entrepreneurs, tap our vast and growing energy rsources, reform education and reform entitlements to preserve them before they are bankrupt. This plan has never not worked.

Obama's New Normal is like an illness one thinks they have to live with, Mediocrititis. His manifesto is more tax hikes, more spending, more debt and more Obamacare in pursuit of redistribution.

How exactly is Obama's plan supposed to work? When has it ever worked? At the current pace of job creation over the past two years, the economy won't return to the Bush low of 4.4% unemployment for another 9 years.

Obama has fixed nothing and made everything worse. His campaign slogan of FORWARD, must mean driving us right off the fiscal cliff.
True, true, true!!!

&

Best YouTube Video on Common Sense and the BO Mistake.

O'bambam Is The Worst President of All Time

TRUTH & COMMON SENSE

---

This Video is a keeper, send to everyone :)

Lincoln Duncan

Griffin, GA

#787455 Oct 29, 2012
<quoted text>
It's not a major newspaper Carol, don't faint.
carol seems clueless
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#787456 Oct 29, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
So liberal fluker sluts going on a sex strike hurts fred how? duh
Besides conservative women are better looking and pleasantly enthusiastic in bed.
No, it won't hurt you, you're sexless. But it will hurt all the normal American men, sorry I left that part out.
Why do you hate Anne Coulter now? You found out she's a man?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787457 Oct 29, 2012
flack wrote:
did I just hear what I thought I heard? Did the lady just say lower Manhattan could expect 11 feet of water? I've been there. That is about the second floor of most buildings. Not to mention the subways. Closing two tunnels sometime today. We had a tunnel flood here a few years back and it took them over a week to pump it out. It's maybe 3/4 of a mile, if that. How long would it take to pump out the subways.
Flack, prettysure most of the subways are below sea level, they have a pump system that is constantly pumping out water with many in reserve. Calm down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min IBdaMann 48,593
Boycott all Topix Sponsors 59 min People Please 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 180,944
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,797
Julieanne Zenz 4 hr Julieanne Zenz VR... 1
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 5 hr joey 4
EverGreen Belgrade 6 hr servonazis 17
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:00PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Bears vs. Lions Video Highlights
Yahoo! Sports 6:07 PM
Lions, Eagles serve up Thanksgiving Day routs