Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263742 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#787570 Oct 29, 2012
O Baloney wrote:
<quoted text>Romney will need to have the White House drapes fumigated from Obama's cigarette smoke. Thank God he's hardly ever there, but Air Force One, Vegas Hotels and Comedy Central must reek.
And get rid of all them yellow Muslim drapes he's got hanging everywhere.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#787571 Oct 29, 2012
Slain SEAL’s father to Obama:‘Better to die the death of a hero than it is to live the life of a coward’[VIDEO]

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/29/slain-seals...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#787572 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you interpret a spontaneous demonstration from the video feed?
You really need to stop doing those hallucinogens when you watch video feeds of Americans being hung out to dry by the White House and killed by Al Qaeda.
Really. How did you interpret a spontaneous demonstration from the vidoe of Al Qaeda attacking the US consulate compound?
I've got to hear this one....
I don't have the arrogance to act like I'm capable of interpreting it. So .....

CIA documents that will be the basis of testimony to the House Intelligence Committee this week support United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice's early account of the attacks the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, writes columnist David Ignatius in The Washington Post.

“Talking points” prepared by the CIA on Sept. 15, the same day that Rice taped three television appearances, support her description of the Sept. 11 attack as a reaction to Arab anger about an anti-Muslim video prepared in the United States, Ignatius reported on Saturday.

Citing CIA documents, he wrote that a senior intelligence official said the analysts’ judgment was based in part on monitoring of some of the Benghazi attackers, which showed they had been watching the Cairo protests live on television and talking about them before they assaulted the consulate.

His reporting supports Obama administration claims that early intelligence reports pointed to a connection between the attacks and a crude, anti-Islam video published online by an amateur U.S. filmmaker once convicted of bank fraud.

According to the CIA account,“The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-president...

If only there was one side to every story we'd all be watching FOX. But we're not.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787573 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about some reality in your logic....
Here's the real-world fact.
The people you Democrats call "rich" don't even have enough money to pay for what you want to do even if you taxed their earnings at 100 percent.
Secondly, the Democrats don't have any plans to decrease the size of govenment. In fact, their plan is to continually increase the size of government.
So, because money doesn't grow on trees, and if it did there aren't enough trees in the world to support the Democrats' idiotic plan, EVERYONE is going to have to pay more taxes.
The choice is simple.
With Democrats, it will be a lot of taxes to pay for not only the current debt, but the continually increasing debt, and then more to pay for the continually increasing expenditures.
With the Republicans, the government gets smaller. It will require less taxes to pay for the Republican plan of a smaller government than to pay for the Democrats' government totalitarian intent.
Either way, that 47 percent of American households that currently don't pay income taxes is going to get smaller. The country can't support the country with only half of the people paying taxes.
Democrats plan to borrow until the government defaults. In other words, until the government collapses.
Republicans plan to decrease the size of government and save us from ourselves.
Should be an easy choice if you're interested in the United States lasting beyond this generation.
Romney wins in a landslide.
I just have one question, when in the history of the republic has the government gotten smaller under Republican leadership? Answer me now!
fred

Milford, CT

#787574 Oct 29, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry fred, but I have to give up trying to educate you on civics when you can't even see the tip of your nose. If you believe that social control is anti-conservative, then what do you think the "religious right" tries to do?.
The religious right stand for individual freedom and oppose the imposition of secular humanism by the state, also known as the legalization of sin. duh

You couldn't educate a flea ..ya nimrod.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#787575 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>There you are Flack I have been worried sick about you. I finally figured out why you are always in chicken little mode, you don't have home owners insurance do you?
There you are, homer. You ran away from this. Time for you to take your medicine and eat some facts:

Let's pretend it's the day after 9/11. You're the president. What do you do?
Do you: Surrender to the jihad?
Or, do you do the Bill Clinton thing and just lob a few cruise missiles in their general direction?
Or, do you accept that they started a war with the United States and fight them?
If you choose to fight them, where do you fight them? Do you do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the ecact same enemy as the Soviets? And, what idiot would expect something different than what the Soviets experienced?
Bush did it differently. The Soviets lost. Bush won.
Mission accomplished.)))

By the way, you need an education on what the conditions were prior to 9/11/2001.
Search "Clinton CIA human rights purge" to discover how Clinton gutted the CIA.
Search "UN oil for food Saddam" to learn how Saddam Hussein stole the money from the UN's oil-for-food scam to rebuild his war machine.
Search "Valeerie Plame Iraq WMD" to learn how Valerie Plame, outed CIA employee, and wife of whistleblower Joseph Wilson, was not, as various right-wing sources have suggested, a paper-pushing desk jockey who perhaps wasn’t even involved in covert operations.
They were lying. Valerie Plame, a career undercover officer, was the Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq. That's who Bill Clinton replaced all the CIA operatives that defeated the KGB and Soviet Union and won the Cold War with.
That's who's responsible for all of the US-generated intelligence on WMDs in Iraq. That's why the US didn't even have an operating foreign intelligence capability when Bush took office.
The other intelligence used came from France and Russia, mostly. They were rebuilding Saddam's war machine and being paid with money Saddam was stealing from the UN's oil-for-food scam. So, they fed the United States the intel that would maintain the UN sanctions and make necessary the UN's oil-for-food scam paying for all the weapons systems and hardened bunkers they were building for Saddam Hussein.
And, lo, and behold, you're one of the idiots and imbeciles suggesting we do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soveits, while we ignore Saddam and his rebuilt war machine in our rear. An idiot knows that when the US left the Arabian Peninsula, Saddam was going to try to take the oil fields on the Arabian Peninsula again.
Wherever US forces went, the Arab jihad was going to go there and fight us. The only option we had was to choose where. Bush got it right.
Today, Obama is tasked with sabotaging the democratic government established in Iraq by Bush, as well as the Karzai government in Afghanistan. He's well on his way to accomplishing those goals.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#787576 Oct 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Why wasn't Buttcrack Obama convicted too? We all know he was in on that. And to think that ACORN was given government money to help them commit these crimes really makes my stomach churn!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
I hope he isn't allowed to steal this election too.
So who's been paying Nathan Sproul since 2004?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#787577 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't vote for Romney if you put a loaded gun to my head.
Homer will not be responsible for the final nail in the coffin of the middle class.
Peppy has his new pet all ready for the big storm -
http://www.angelrstone.com/wp-content/uploads...
spam
nuts
clueless
carol

Orlando, FL

#787578 Oct 29, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Carols gonna be one sad dummy come nov 7th.
Might even shake her to her fox core and make her realize she is being lied to by them everyday.
So what happens if you become the sad dummy Nov. 7?

You gonna become an O'Reilly fan too?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#787579 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were Bush I could never sleep at night knowing the damage I'd done to New Orleans due to Katrina and the rest of America due to failed policies.
Bush didn't do anything "to New Orleans due to Katrina", you dope.

If any politicians are to blame for storm-related deaths, it was the mayor and the governor.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#787580 Oct 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I just have one question, when in the history of the republic has the government gotten smaller under Republican leadership? Answer me now!
That's one of the changes you're going to get.
The closest we came was when the Republican-controlled Congress dragged Bill Clinton kicking and screaming to a balanced budget.
I do believe that your future is going to have a lot, lot of TEA in it.

Romney in a landslide, it looks like.

Then, Paul Ryan tells the government how big its going to be.

Gotta love it, dontcha?

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#787581 Oct 29, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama looks good handling the hurricane crisis
ABJECT FAILURE Obama-drama does look good, doing NOTHING.

Which is what he will get to do lots of in November!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787582 Oct 29, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> And get rid of all them yellow Muslim drapes he's got hanging everywhere.
Flack as bad as the rest of the rightwingers - He didn't put them up, they've been there a long time -

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/oval-o...

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#787583 Oct 29, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
New CNN ORG poll Obama 50 percent Romney 46 percent in Ohio. Washington Post poll Obama 51 percent Romney 47 percent in Virginia. Great news for Americans.
Obama Biden 2012.
They're doing everything they can tosuppress voting in Ohio, as I unfortunately know from first hand experience. Husted tried to purge voting hours since he couldn't quite purge any more voters without getting caught this year. Suit brought about closing early voting on the weekend before the election was successful, but now the somabeech only has weekend voting on the last weekend. I was among those faced with a locked door this last Saturday...they really shouldn't tempt me to go on a mission (pun).
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787585 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
spam
nuts
clueless
Yes you are. Recognizing that is the first step to a healthy recovery.
carol

Orlando, FL

#787586 Oct 29, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
New CNN ORG poll Obama 50 percent Romney 46 percent in Ohio. Washington Post poll Obama 51 percent Romney 47 percent in Virginia. Great news for Americans.
Obama Biden 2012.
Washington Post - October 29, 2012:

For the third consecutive day of the Washington Post-ABC News national tracking poll, a single — statistically insignificant — percentage point separates the two presidential contenders: 49% of likely voters back Republican Mitt Romney and 48% support President Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

Guess I have to ask you too. Where do you get your information?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#787587 Oct 29, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Slain SEAL’s father to Obama:‘Better to die the death of a hero than it is to live the life of a coward’[VIDEO]
http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/29/slain-seals...
B. Hussein Obama - the president who'll be remembered for throwing a baseball like a girl and shaking hands like a "dead fish."

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#787588 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about some reality in your logic....
Here's the real-world fact.
The people you Democrats call "rich" don't even have enough money to pay for what you want to do even if you taxed their earnings at 100 percent.
Secondly, the Democrats don't have any plans to decrease the size of govenment. In fact, their plan is to continually increase the size of government.
So, because money doesn't grow on trees, and if it did there aren't enough trees in the world to support the Democrats' idiotic plan, EVERYONE is going to have to pay more taxes.
The choice is simple.
With Democrats, it will be a lot of taxes to pay for not only the current debt, but the continually increasing debt, and then more to pay for the continually increasing expenditures.
With the Republicans, the government gets smaller. It will require less taxes to pay for the Republican plan of a smaller government than to pay for the Democrats' government totalitarian intent.
Either way, that 47 percent of American households that currently don't pay income taxes is going to get smaller. The country can't support the country with only half of the people paying taxes.
Democrats plan to borrow until the government defaults. In other words, until the government collapses.
Republicans plan to decrease the size of government and save us from ourselves.
Should be an easy choice if you're interested in the United States lasting beyond this generation.
Romney wins in a landslide.
Fact? There was a GD fact?

I guess adding 60 billion in revenues is a waste of time but lets defund planned parenthood & Big Bird. I much did that save?

You right whiners get GD dumber eery GD day.

The Republicans grew government the last time they held the White House.

They increased Spending.

What will Mitt Romney cut? Do we know?

Or is it part of the Great Mitt Romney Plan: After he takes office, he gets with Republicans & Democrats, sit around the campfire, sing Kumbaya, & magically figure out how to do the crap Romney says he will do.

Romney has no plan. NONE ZERO ZILCH.

The only thing we know he will cut is Planned Parenthood and PBS. We don't know a single loophole he will close or a single deduction he will eliminate.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#787589 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
There you are, homer. You ran away from this. Time for you to take your medicine and eat some facts:
Let's pretend it's the day after 9/11. You're the president. What do you do?
Do you: Surrender to the jihad?
Or, do you do the Bill Clinton thing and just lob a few cruise missiles in their general direction?
Or, do you accept that they started a war with the United States and fight them?
If you choose to fight them, where do you fight them? Do you do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the ecact same enemy as the Soviets? And, what idiot would expect something different than what the Soviets experienced?
Bush did it differently. The Soviets lost. Bush won.
Mission accomplished.)))
By the way, you need an education on what the conditions were prior to 9/11/2001.
Search "Clinton CIA human rights purge" to discover how Clinton gutted the CIA.
Search "UN oil for food Saddam" to learn how Saddam Hussein stole the money from the UN's oil-for-food scam to rebuild his war machine.
Search "Valeerie Plame Iraq WMD" to learn how Valerie Plame, outed CIA employee, and wife of whistleblower Joseph Wilson, was not, as various right-wing sources have suggested, a paper-pushing desk jockey who perhaps wasn’t even involved in covert operations.
They were lying. Valerie Plame, a career undercover officer, was the Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq. That's who Bill Clinton replaced all the CIA operatives that defeated the KGB and Soviet Union and won the Cold War with.
That's who's responsible for all of the US-generated intelligence on WMDs in Iraq. That's why the US didn't even have an operating foreign intelligence capability when Bush took office.
The other intelligence used came from France and Russia, mostly. They were rebuilding Saddam's war machine and being paid with money Saddam was stealing from the UN's oil-for-food scam. So, they fed the United States the intel that would maintain the UN sanctions and make necessary the UN's oil-for-food scam paying for all the weapons systems and hardened bunkers they were building for Saddam Hussein.
And, lo, and behold, you're one of the idiots and imbeciles suggesting we do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soveits, while we ignore Saddam and his rebuilt war machine in our rear. An idiot knows that when the US left the Arabian Peninsula, Saddam was going to try to take the oil fields on the Arabian Peninsula again.
Wherever US forces went, the Arab jihad was going to go there and fight us. The only option we had was to choose where. Bush got it right.
Today, Obama is tasked with sabotaging the democratic government established in Iraq by Bush, as well as the Karzai government in Afghanistan. He's well on his way to accomplishing those goals.
Listen jackassface I did not have a problem with going in to Afhghanistan and going after the Taliban, get in get out and be done with it, the problem is unlike the Russians we're still there 10 years later. As for Iraq we never should have gone in, no justification has ever be brought to Homer to warrant an invasion.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#787590 Oct 29, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama military service - his entire life joining anything that was fighting against the United States.
We're tired of that America-hating treasonous Marxist communist elitist in the White House. Time for some change.
Blah blah yada yada. If you want to be taken seriously, stick to the realities instead of the childish rhetoric.
Be careful what you ask for. If Romney wins and if history is any example, y'all will be blaming "liberals" for the consequences of your own votes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 34 min CrunchyBacon 100,276
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Dr Guru 194,582
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) 1 hr Sergant of order 161
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Gas Woman 70,145
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mexico 54,319
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 5 hr OLD need 2 die 6
Local Politics Do you approve of Rahm Emanuel as Mayor? (Sep '12) 5 hr NAZIFASCISTSTAR-D... 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages