Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
fred

Milford, CT

#787007 Oct 28, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
The Mitt Romney campaign, still attempting to turn the politics of the auto bailout in its favor, is out with a new television ad that dramatically bends both historical record and current news to fit its narrative.
The ad, which was not announced by the campaign, makes no direct claim that can be called a lie. But that's primarily because it's so clever with its wording.
For starters, the ad's narrator says that President Barack Obama "took GM and Chrysler into bankruptcy." That's true. But that was also the plan that Romney prescribed at the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009. The difference is that Obama supported a bridge loan from the government to help the auto companies go through bankruptcy, while Romney wanted the private sector to pick up the tab. But as basically every principal involved in rescuing the auto industry said at the time, there was no money available from the private sector during the height of the recession. When Dan Akerson, CEO and chairman of General Motors since September 2010, was asked what would have happened had Romney's plan been followed, he responded that GM "would have been in bankruptcy for years and I think you could have written off this company, this industry and this country."
The Romney ad also cites his endorsement from the Detroit News without noting that that same endorsement accused him of "wrong-headedness on the auto bailout."
Finally, the ad accuses Obama of selling "Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China." Again, this is technically true, but only according to a narrow reading of the language. Fiat, the Italian company that now owns Chrysler, is building Jeeps in China. But the company is not moving jobs from America to do it. Instead, Fiat is expanding current production in China for the purposes of catering to a growing Chinese market.
Where the ad goes from misleading to something more nefarious is in the text it shows. At one point, it displays a line from a Bloomberg story stating that Chrysler "plans to return Jeep output to China," the implication being that the company is moving operations there as opposed to expanding operations that are already there. Romney has cited this report on several occasions while campaigning and has been summarily criticized for doing so. Chrysler has denied the report, and multiple news outlets have called out the Romney campaign for using it in on the stump.
So what rationale is there for using it in an advertisement? The Huffington Post reached out to the Romney campaign on Sunday morning to get its side of the story. The campaign sent back a sheet of data points, including press reports showing that Obama did force Chrysler and GM into federal bankruptcy. No one, of course, is disputing that.
In response to the claim about Chrysler building Jeeps in China, the Romney email again cites the Bloomberg article. A Romney campaign official would not add anything more on the record, save to repeat, on condition of anonymity, the same exact text from the Bloomberg report.
The campaign's defense, in the end, rests on the fact that the ad never technically says that Chrysler is moving production to China -- just that it is going to build Jeeps there.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/28/mitt...
The Kenyan left them to die and went to Vegas to party with Beyonce

MEDIA: al Qaqaa and Benghazi: That Was Then, and This Is Now.“It is hard to imagine how any newspaper could ignore, or even try to downplay, a story of this magnitude. Yet, if you rely on the New York Times for information, you know little about the battle of Benghazi, and nothing at all about the explosive account that emerged on Friday, fueled in part by the anger of the father of one of the dead American operatives.”
THE SSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787008 Oct 28, 2012
MIDNIGHT APPROACHES... DEATH ISSS AT HAND. DONALD TRUMP? ISSS THAT YOUR CHOICE? THEN WATCH...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#787009 Oct 28, 2012
http://www.theprogressivemind.info/...

Welcome to the Age of Hell: Entrenching Murder as the American Way

http://www.theprogressivemind.info/...
THE SSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787010 Oct 28, 2012
Jimmy Hendrix wrote:
<quoted text>Your voting for obama you are therefore part of the freakshow.democrats party of freaks.spawned right out of the 60s, odds are you were conceived in a van at woodstock.It's all over come Nov 6th.scum nothing but scum
OH, GOOD HEAVENSSSS, IT'SSS "YOU'RE" HONEY. THE SAME REASSSON YOU WEREN'T INVITED TO WOODSSSSTOCK ISSS THE REASSSON YOU WILL BE HUMILIATED NOW. DOES IT MATTER TO YOU WHEN OR WHERE I WASSS CONCEIVED? IT CERTAINLY SSSSEEMS TO? PERHAPSSSS NOT ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUSSSS, BUT ONLY THE ONESSSS YOU APPROVE OF?
THE SSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787012 Oct 28, 2012
WERE YOU UNAWARE YOU WERE TALKING WITH THE SSSSSNAKE?
THE SSSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787013 Oct 28, 2012
FUNNY, I THOUGHT I'D MADE IT CLEAR?
THE SSSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787014 Oct 28, 2012
THISSS ISSS JUSSST THE SSSORT OF THING THAT IDENTIFIESSSS AMERICANSSSS.... YOU ARE A SSSTOOPID PEOPLE, CAPABLE OF DIVIDING REASSSON AND FAITH... WHEN IT SSSSUITSSS YOU.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#787015 Oct 28, 2012
THE SSSSSNAKE wrote:
CAROL IS WEAK, NOT SSSSTRONG. SSSSSO WOULD YOU LIKE TO SSSSSSSEEE HER SSSSSUFFER FOR YOUR SSSSSINS? CONSSSIDER ME THE ROMANSSSS, AND YOU ARE THE JEWSSSS. SSSSHALL I KILL HER FOR YOU? METAPHORICALLY, OF COURSSSSE... SSSSPEAK... TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE ME DO?
It happened again Leggs, another lady has kicked your ass without uttering a word. LMAO!!!
THE SSSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787016 Oct 28, 2012
LESSST YOU IMAGINE OTHERWISSSSE, THISSS DOESSSSSS NOT MEAN THAT MUSLIMSSSS, FOR INSSSTANCE ARE SMART, THEY'RE NOT. THEY'RE JUSSSST AS STOOPID ASSSSSS YOU. THE WHOLE LOT OF YOU NEED TO BE PUSSSSSHED INTO A PIT AND BURNED BEFORE YOU CONTAMINATE THE ENTIRE EARTH. YOU'RE SSSTOOPID. YOU'VE ALWAYSSSS BEEN SSSTOOPID, THAT'SSS WHY YOU WERE CALLED "SSSSTOOPID" IN SSSCHOOL. NOTHING HASSS CHANGED, YOU ARE SSSTILL SSSSTOOPID. DUH!
THE SSSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787018 Oct 28, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
It happened again Leggs, another lady has kicked your ass without uttering a word. LMAO!!!
YA THINK, HONEY? ISSSS THAT WHAT YOU THINK JUST HAPPENED? MAYBE YOU ARE A BUILDER, YOU'RE DUMB ENOUGH.
THE SSSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787020 Oct 28, 2012
THERE'SSS ANOTHER POSSSSIBILITY, ISSSSN'T THERE? IT'SSSS THE ONE THAT CONFOUNDSSS YOU. WHY WOULD A WOMAN ABUSSSED FALL IN LOVE WITH HER CAPTOR? I OWN CAROL. AND I OWN YOU TOO. YOU REMEMBER DON'T YOU? I'M THE ONLY REASON FOR YOU TO... UM... ENJOY YOURSSSSELF HERE. ISSSSN'T THAT RIGHT? ARE YOU JUSSSSST ENTERTAINING YOURSELF TONIGHT OR ISSSS THAT A BANANA IN YOUR POCKET?
Patriot

Denver, CO

#787021 Oct 28, 2012
Big Pharma Wants to Run Medical Experiments on Your Babies

A commentary just published in the Journal of Pediatrics, Henry Akinibi, MD, and his colleagues from Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnati are calling for Big Pharma to work with academics to conduct more human drug tests on a special group – newborn babies.

http://theintelhub.com/2012/10/28/big-pharma-...
THE SSSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787022 Oct 28, 2012
ooooooopppppppsssssss wrote:
<quoted text>You know it's coming, Nov 6th, yes creeping up on you .The Whitehouse is gonna have some new tennants wooooooooooo weeeeeeeee .It's killing you too I know it is .It's like being executed when you know the exact time of death is nigh.Tic toc tic toc and odds are there won't be that call from the Governor for a pardon .Because he'll b e to busy celebrating his Victory .ha ha ha ha ha ha
I'M ACTUALLY GOOD WITH NOVEMBER 7TH. IT LOOKSSSS LIKE WE'LL EKE OUT A VICTORY, THANK GOODNESSSSS. AFTER THAT, I'LL COME FOR YOU. YOU'LL BE SSSSURPRISED AT HOW EFFICIENT I AM AT IT. CLOWN.
THE SSSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787024 Oct 28, 2012
CONFUCIUS SAY: "IF YOU WANT TO CAUSE A MAN PAIN, KILL HIS CHILDREN." WISE WORDS, WISE WORDS...
THE SSSSSSSSSSSNAKE

Singapore, Singapore

#787026 Oct 28, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Big Pharma Wants to Run Medical Experiments on Your Babies
A commentary just published in thom Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and the University uct more human drug tests on a special group – newborn bies.
http://theintelhub.com/2012/10/28/big-pharma-...
FCUK YOUR "BABIES" YOU IGNORANT CLOWN. CHILDREN ARE SIMPLY THE SSSSSPAWN OF SSSATAN...
Maude

Lynbrook, NY

#787032 Oct 28, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't call me a Hillary "supporter", but I have said (on this forum none the less), that if it had come down to Clinton and McCain, I would have had a hard decision.
One of the things that turned me off about Obama was this statement from his wife:
"For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country"
That should say volumes about the Obamas.
It sure does say volumes. That is why when you see the letters O B A M A they mean O=ne B=ig A=ss M=istake A=merica.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#787035 Oct 28, 2012
worker wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that because something works, means we can break the law. Interesting
Obama/Biden 2012
clinton quote its the fog of war,and the sniper at the
airport!!!
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#787036 Oct 28, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
bye, bye barry.
Dump the Chump or D.T.C.

Romney 2012
Tournefort

Richmond, IN

#787037 Oct 28, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, I'm more interested in the health of the economy and the future of the nation than in your sensationalizing the tragic attack on the consulate. Investigations are under way, and the facts of who failed when and where are being assembled. Before that time, you are wishing and hoping that men's deaths can be used for your personal partisan gains and you/FOX don't have the moral or ethical strength of character or decency to even try to hide your glee that this happened at the onset of an election. None of your armchair rants and speculation honors the memory or service of the men who died.
"Investigations are under way, and the facts of who failed when and where are being assembled"

Obama and Clinton both know how and why the decision was made to go with the video story EVEN THOUGH "E-mails obtained by CNN made clear that less than 30 minutes after the attack began, the State Department notified officials within the agency, the White House, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Pentagon and the FBI that an attack was underway and that Stevens was in the compound." ... EVEN THOUGH "On the evening of September 11th, 2012, dozens of real-time communications passed between security personnel on the ground in Benghazi and their superiors in Tripoli and Washington. It is now known that during the attack, the State Department’s Operations Center communicated directly with the White House Situation Room, providing minute-by-minute updates of the incident as it was unfolding."

There is no need for an "investigation" for Obama to explain why he and Hillary Clinton repeatedly attributed the attack on the consulate to a "spontaneous demonstration" fueled by an anti-Muslim video in spite of having received intel indicating otherwise.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#787038 Oct 28, 2012
Tournefort wrote:
<quoted text>
"Investigations are under way, and the facts of who failed when and where are being assembled"
Obama and Clinton both know how and why the decision was made to go with the video story EVEN THOUGH "E-mails obtained by CNN made clear that less than 30 minutes after the attack began, the State Department notified officials within the agency, the White House, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Pentagon and the FBI that an attack was underway and that Stevens was in the compound." ... EVEN THOUGH "On the evening of September 11th, 2012, dozens of real-time communications passed between security personnel on the ground in Benghazi and their superiors in Tripoli and Washington. It is now known that during the attack, the State Department’s Operations Center communicated directly with the White House Situation Room, providing minute-by-minute updates of the incident as it was unfolding."
There is no need for an "investigation" for Obama to explain why he and Hillary Clinton repeatedly attributed the attack on the consulate to a "spontaneous demonstration" fueled by an anti-Muslim video in spite of having received intel indicating otherwise.
The Dems are going to drag out the investigation until after the election.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Jonah1 49,838
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min mdbuilder 46,657
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Learn to Read 178,047
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 19 min MalignantNarcissi... 5
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 27 min ThisWhatAlGorpMeant 4
FLOOD of illegal alien kids explained. 30 min YaGottaWatchAndReply 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min Eric 69,380
Amy 9-16 1 hr ralph 58
Amy 9-18 1 hr Stina2 21
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr billyh 98,228
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs