Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#786014 Oct 27, 2012
What a Leader! What a CiC!

“When [Obama] came over to our little area” at Andrew Air Force Base, says Woods,“he kind of just mumbled, you know,‘I’m sorry.’"

"His face was looking at me, but his eyes were looking over my shoulder like he could not look me in the eye. And it was not a sincere,‘I’m really sorry, you know, that your son died,’ but it was totally insincere, more of whining type,‘I’m sorry.’"

Woods says that shaking President Obama’s hands at his son’s memorial service was “like shaking hands with a dead fish.”
TSM

El Paso, TX

#786016 Oct 27, 2012
Another causality of Obama/Biden’s
"NY's Prime Steakhouse since 1927" Gallagher's, located on 52nd street, and which survive the great depression, is shutting down on January 16.they survived FDR Great Depression, but failed to survive Obama/ Tim Geithner's economy!! Romney/Ryan
carol

Orlando, FL

#786017 Oct 27, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're experiencing the stages of grief.
I'll be gentle till nov 7th.
Same here. But it will be a nice change on your part.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#786018 Oct 27, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares.
How's the weather.
15-25 mph winds and dry.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#786019 Oct 27, 2012
Say it Loud wrote:
<quoted text>
Sleazy-Eed
Obama helped GM, if GM sends jobs to china, thats not his doing. I'm sure the people of GM will vote for him. Who ever voter for you Sleazy-Ed?
If your mad at GM buy a Ford
piece of Shlt Mitt willfully sends jobs to china out of greed thats different.
The last two republican presidents was named, George H W Bush and George W Bush. Both of these republican presidents ended their presidency with a recession, which we are still trying to get out of. Republican mitT roMney offers the very same.
Now go vote - Obama
"say it dumb"

Understand GM is GOVERNMENT MOTORS only because of 35 billion dollar tax payer bailout. A bailout on which not a single dime has been repaid.
Peace
KMA
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#786020 Oct 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, either you or the rest of the world interpretted his statements wrongly.
"Leon Panetta, the CIA director, has confirmed that controversial 'enhanced interrogation techniques' such as waterboarding yielded some of the intelligence information that ultimately led to Osama bin Laden."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-...
WASHINGTON — Intelligence garnered from waterboarded detainees was used to track down al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and kill him, CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC News on Tuesday.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42880435/ns/tod...
"White House won't rule out that enhanced interrogation techniques helped lead to bin Laden."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-200598...
I mean, really, Realtime, give it a rest.
Even MSNBC and CBS say you're wrong.
It took eight years to put the various pieces of intel together Carol__and some luck. Bush's role in the final event was miniscule at best and it sure didn't help that he stated publicly that he "truly wasn't concerned."

Save the bullshyte for your fan club.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#786021 Oct 27, 2012
Say it Loud wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't insult your intellect, because you don't have any intellect.
You're an idiot / oh sorry, i meant to type - your.
Topix is open 24/7 you can cry about my type-o's all night long.
I guess if your backing piece of shit Mitt Romney, type-o's are a better topic to talk about.
The last two republican presidents was named, George H W Bush and George W Bush. Both of these republican presidents ended their presidency with a recession, which we are still trying to get out of. Republican mitT roMney offers the very same.
Now go vote - Obama
"say it dumb"
Did you know you are even stoopider than "real dumb?
For your information, I have already voted and our current president did not get that vote.
Peace
KMA
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#786022 Oct 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, either you or the rest of the world interpretted his statements wrongly.
"Leon Panetta, the CIA director, has confirmed that controversial 'enhanced interrogation techniques' such as waterboarding yielded some of the intelligence information that ultimately led to Osama bin Laden."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-...
WASHINGTON — Intelligence garnered from waterboarded detainees was used to track down al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and kill him, CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC News on Tuesday.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42880435/ns/tod...
"White House won't rule out that enhanced interrogation techniques helped lead to bin Laden."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-200598...
I mean, really, Realtime, give it a rest.
Even MSNBC and CBS say you're wrong.
Obama's "role in the final event was miniscule at best", and it sure didn't help that they had to drag him off a golf course and give him a jacket for the photo-op.

Wonder if he wore the same jacket while they were watching Americans die in Benghazi?

I mean according to the experts here on Topix, they didn't have a plan for anything else, right?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#786023 Oct 27, 2012
Now raining.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#786024 Oct 27, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>
I can appreciate Mr Wood's loss but he really needs to avoid Beck-Larson et al because their rewrites are making him look foolish.
“When [Obama] came over to our little area” at Andrew Air Force Base, says Woods,“he kind of just mumbled, you know,‘I’m sorry.’"

"His face was looking at me, but his eyes were looking over my shoulder like he could not look me in the eye. And it was not a sincere,‘I’m really sorry, you know, that your son died,’ but it was totally insincere, more of whining type,‘I’m sorry.’"

Woods says that shaking President Obama’s hands at his son’s memorial service was “like shaking hands with a dead fish.”
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#786025 Oct 27, 2012
Voice of Reason wrote:
Obama refuses to answer question re Benghazi, and flip flopping his story. "We didn't know, It was a protest to that movie., I said from the beginning it was a Terrorist attack" Al Qaeda said it was their attack 2 hours after it happened.Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, were part of a Global Response Staff or GRS that provides security to CIA case officers and provides countersurveillance and surveillance protection. They were killed by a mortar shell at 4 a.m. Libyan time, nearly seven hours after the attack on the Consulate began — a window that represented more than enough time for the U.S. military to send back-up from nearby bases in Europe, according to sources familiar with Special Operations. Four mortars were fired at the annex. The first one struck outside the annex. Three more hit the annex.
New Explosive Benghazi Allegations: CIA Operators Told to ‘Stand Down’ During Attack As 3 Urgent Requests for Military Back-Up Were Denied.“Joe Biden to Father of Former Navy SEAL Killed in Benghazi:‘Did Your Son Always Have Balls the Size of Cue Balls?’”
Woods, Doherty and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the Consulate which at that point was on fire….The quick reaction force from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the Consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.
At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Specter gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours — enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.
Sources: WABC, Fox News, The Blaze, CNN.....etc
Sources on the ground report that four (4) mortar rounds were fired, one hit outside the building the other three landed on the building.

According to the map of Benghazi and satellite option the US consulate compound did have a bit of a defined perimeter, the annex is not identified on the map but in the ground level photos making their way around the worlds news agencies the building is in a neighborhood and surrounded closely by other buildings.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#786026 Oct 27, 2012
Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to Save My Son?

Woods made clear that he isn't "mad," but that he wants to the "truth" to be told because he feels " abandoned."

Woods says he was told by military officials that the military could have "come above [the area] and completely carpeted area," and therefore saved the officials in Benghazi, Libya. But that someone gave the command for the American military not to save the lives of the Americans under attack.

"When I heard, you know, that there's a very good chance that the White House as well as other members of the military knew what was going on and obviously someone had to say, don't go rescue them. Because every person in the military--their first response [would be], we're going to go rescue them. We need to find out who it was that gave that command--do not rescue them."
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#786027 Oct 27, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's "role in the final event was miniscule at best", and it sure didn't help that they had to drag him off a golf course and give him a jacket for the photo-op.
Wonder if he wore the same jacket while they were watching Americans die in Benghazi?
I mean according to the experts here on Topix, they didn't have a plan for anything else, right?
There are a dozen or more essays, books etc written by people who were there or closely involved in some way. No one wants to hear Carol bullshyte version of events, yours or that of your numerous hats. eff off liar.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#786028 Oct 27, 2012
Obama avoids question on whether Americans in Libya were denied requests for help

Obama has declined to answer directly whether a CIA annex was denied urgent requests for military assistance during the deadly attacks last month on U.S. outposts in Libya.

“The election has nothing to do with the four brave Americans getting killed and us wanting to find out exactly what happened,” the president said first in a TV interview with an NBC affiliate in Colorado.

When asked again, Obama said,“The minute I found out what was going on, I gave three very clear directives -- Number 1, make sure that we are securing our personnel and doing whatever we need to,” the president said in a TV interviews with an NBC affiliate in Colorado.

What a lying POS. Will this joke of a president EVER take responsibility for ANYTHING? Unbelievable.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#786029 Oct 27, 2012
Trump knew Obama wasn't going to take the bait on this.

Trump gave Obama an opportunity to redistribute The Donald's wealth for a worthy cause.

Trump pulled this ploy knowing the intended outcome.

Whether or not Trump's strategy succeeded ...

But, he did prove and reinforce the question:

-Why are Obama's College Transcrips and Passport information still sealed. 2M is alot of $$$. People don't pay out that kind of $$$ to keep concealed, that if revealed, would be detrimental.

-Trump's just keeping this issue in the forefront.

-While at the same time toying with Obama.
Trump punked Obama. And punking is Trump's forte.

Course, one can also argue, why should Obama bite the dangling carrot? And, the implications of Trump's move are lost on Obama. Alot of "things" are lost on Obama. He's not that bright. And as he's exhibited, All That Glitters Is Not Gold.

Probably has alot of "C's" in those College Transcripts.
And a few "F's" and Incompletes wouldn't be surprising for the boy wonder whacked out on weed and coke throughout his College years. Obama's been given a pass for poor performance throughout his entire life. And since he's been manufactured, put together like some Dummy Corporation from the jump, poor performance and failure will always enshroud him. The boy "don't" scan.
America is Not the Same wrote:
<quoted text>
ABC a Liberal Media outlet
Fact remains if Obama had NOTHING to hide he world produce the transcripts so he could help the poor.
Trump PROVED A POINT To REAL Americans but liberals are to stupid to see.
Nothing to hide You would come clean
Nothing to hide you would NOT pay 2M to seal your records A FACT
5M could help out a lot of needy people Obama turned his back on them He is Not for the needy. He is an impostor and a LIAR
A FACT
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#786031 Oct 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Your civil and well-thoughtout response is very much appreciated.
However, it's really very simple. Yes, the global economy is also shaky but America has always led the way as being a stabilizing economic force.
We either choose more of the same with Congress never finding any common ground, cross our fingers and hope for the best - or we choose someone who will enact long overdue major reforms and who will work with both sides to find common ground, cross our fingers and hope for the best.
I'm going with the latter. It's a no-brainer to me. But, then again, apparently some disagree.
We need a Congress that will be willing to work with President Obama, whom we know to be moderate and to have guided our economy into recovery. With a reasonable Congress, one not dedicated to insuring his failure by being obstructionistic, President Obama will be able to enact necessary reforms. His foreign police has restored confidence in America’s position of leadership in the international community.

Most of all, we need to continue President Obama’s legacy of integrity.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#786032 Oct 27, 2012
WOW…Desperation? White House Considering New Tax Cut!! The Obama administration now considering New Tax Cut the reason given would stimulate the economy and create Jobs!! I thought Liberals/Democrats told us that Tax Cuts created Deficits and had Zero effect on Job creation!! This approach sounds Pretty Conservative!!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#786033 Oct 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Your civil and well-thoughtout response is very much appreciated.
However, it's really very simple. Yes, the global economy is also shaky but America has always led the way as being a stabilizing economic force.
We either choose more of the same with Congress never finding any common ground, cross our fingers and hope for the best - or we choose someone who will enact long overdue major reforms and who will work with both sides to find common ground, cross our fingers and hope for the best.
I'm going with the latter. It's a no-brainer to me. But, then again, apparently some disagree.
You can see that venture capitalists Rick Scott and Rick Snyder have had "limited success", to put it kindly. The economists have dissected the Romney/Ryan plan as being extremely risky, and his healthcare plan heads for insolvency in short order. He has changed his positions numerous times over his political career. His foreign policy stance might be "me too", his defense(?) stance is to increase the budget on the largest military in the world - much of which is bound to end up with contractors. Do you really want another round of trickle down economics, reductions of benefits and an increase in federal spending? There's an ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times."
I'm not impressed with many of the things Obama has and has not accomplished, and Congress is... disgusting, but there's another old saying - "better the devil you know". I don't care about school records - I'd much rather know someone's financial records and that they aren't eager for the Tribulation.
Florida

Tampa, FL

#786034 Oct 27, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There are a dozen or more essays, books etc written by people who were there or closely involved in some way. No one wants to hear Carol bullshyte version of events, yours or that of your numerous hats. eff off liar.
What is obama hiding?
-
$5 Million dollars to a charity of obama's choice or a rape crisis center, if obama releases his sealed records..
-
Why is obama a sellout?
-
Why are you a retard?
-
It's the culture...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#786035 Oct 27, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
When's it hitting near you?
The worse most likely will be Sunday night/Monday morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,673
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min kal 49,173
Deat Abby 12-16 14 min Sublime1 44
best joke (Oct '09) 46 min Always Smile 526
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 1 hr Laughing Bear Fan 3
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 1 hr Go Blue Forever 18
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,912
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:00 am PST

Bleacher Report11:00AM
Jaguars, Titans Battle for No. 1 Pick as AFC South Tries to Catch Andrew Luck
NBC Sports11:21 AM
Who's in worse shape, Redskins or Bears?
Bleacher Report11:25 AM
If Bears Fire Marc Trestman, What Should They Look For in a Replacement Coach?
NBC Sports11:31 AM
Chris Conte: NFL career worth shortened life
NFL11:41 AM
Trestman: There's accountability in Bears' building