Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
727,941 - 727,960 of 1,096,122 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It was his grandfather. Stop disparaging the President you vulgar birther
Okay, Lily, seriously...you wouldn't know the difference between your father and your grandfather and which one served in a world war?

These little "slip-ups" seem to be a pattern with this president.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Morons4Mitt wrote:
This is an opportunity for Romney to show the public that he actually means it when he says he wants to do something about companies sending jobs to China! Here is his former company, people who know him, sending jobs to China right now and there is no one in a better position to put pressure on them to stop this than the former head of the company, and on top of that a presidential candidate! Romney stands to make $701,000.00 on the plant closing.
Yes, and no one has asked him about it, he has given no interviews on it. The sneaky coward, he makes me sick
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had a good feeling for four years, and it will continue through President Obama's next four years as President of the United States.
Wonder if 23 million Americans who are still without jobs have that same good feeling.

Or the number of people who have joined the poverty level have that same good feeling.

Are you cuckoo? Or just delusional?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
George H.W. Bush had a Democrat-controlled Congress.

And for the past two years Barack Obama has had a Republican-controlled Congress

and that has been the problem in Washington DC.

The current Republican held congress has been the worst ever, with a 7% approval rating.

The last two republican presidents was named, George H W Bush and George W Bush. Both of these republican presidents ended their presidency with a recession. Republican mitT roMney offers the very same.

Now go Vote - Obama

Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my heavens above!
Romney has been on the campaign trail the past two days hammering home the dismal economy and how it has to be fixed.
Obama was been on Leno and MTV the past two days talking about baseball and hip-hop music.
Wake up, man! You're being duped!
You wake up, your candidate has endorsed Mourdock! Your candidate is outsourcing Sensata, killing 170 jobs to China! His campaign surrogate makes a racist comment about Colin Powell. His son threatens to take a swing at the President of the United States!
Mitt is a. Despicable swine
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Lily, seriously...you wouldn't know the difference between your father and your grandfather and which one served in a world war?
These little "slip-ups" seem to be a pattern with this president.
Who raised him? His grandparents.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If you keep posting that, I'll keeping post this.
George H.W. Bush had a Democrat-controlled Congress.
George W. Bush had a Democrat-controlled Congress for two years prior to the bottom falling out.
William J. Clinton had a Republican-controlled Congress 6 years out of his 8 year presidency.
Congress controls the purse strings.
You go ahead and vote Democrat and for Obama.
Think I'll keep voting for Republicans.
I just love it when someone describes reality. It's a skill so-called "progressives" just don't have.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my heavens above!
Romney has been on the campaign trail the past two days hammering home the dismal economy and how it has to be fixed.
Obama was been on Leno and MTV the past two days talking about baseball and hip-hop music.
Wake up, man! You're being duped!
How has Romney said he's going to fix it these past two days? I'm sure it's different than how he said he'd fix it two days before that, and then two days before that. And, if you (NOT me) wait two days, it will change yet again. I guess you'll never be bored with Romney's proposals!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had a good feeling for four years, and it will continue through President Obama's next four years as President of the United States. The culture shows that you'll be collecting sympathy cards from the Democrats on November 7 as Romney tucks his ever-lengthening tail between his leg and heads back to wherever he came from.
Here's what this president is talking about 10 days before the election a very recent MTV interview:

Washington Post
10/26/12

The interview was a regular love fest, until Sway wondered what music artists Obama feel are upholding the tradition of Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Rage Against the Machine and others, who made music that “inspired and informed.”

“We haven’t seen as much directly political music,” Obama said, looking slightly out of his element and giving every indication he was about to punt.

“I think the most vibrant musical genre over last 10 to 15 years has been hip-hop,” he continued, punt-ily.

“Some folks have kind of dabbled in political statements, but a lot of it has been more cultural than political,” Obama continued.

Then he started talking Bruce Springsteen, and saying things like,“I remember when I was in college, listening to Bob Marley,” and while not agreeing with Marley’s “whole philosophy, necessarily,” having his awareness raised of “how people outside our country are thinking about the struggle for jobs, and dignity, and freedom.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column...

Four Americans are dead and he still doesn't know what happened.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney resided over a predominantly democrat congress in Massachusetts.
He got things done by working with them and bringing both sides together.
You'd rather have the Divider-in-Chief instead?
Even Chris Matthews dissed him over his lack of leadership in an MSNBC interview back in November 2011 before the powers that be got to him. Matthew's critque was brutal.
They overrode over 800 of his vetoes

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Say it Loud wrote:
<quoted text>
And for the past two years Barack Obama has had a Republican-controlled Congress
The current Republican held congress has been the worst ever, with a 7% approval rating.
The last two republican presidents was named, George H W Bush and George W Bush. Both of these republican presidents ended their presidency with a recession. Republican mitT roMney offers the very same.
Now go Vote - Obama
It's Harry Reid obstructing all the legislation from the House and preventing that mountain piled up on his desk from getting to the Senate floor for a vote that's the problem.
If you want to know what's wrong with the Democrats, listen to what they accuse the Republicans of.
Can you say "obstructionists"?

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You wake up, your candidate has endorsed Mourdock! Your candidate is outsourcing Sensata, killing 170 jobs to China! His campaign surrogate makes a racist comment about Colin Powell. His son threatens to take a swing at the President of the United States!
Mitt is a. Despicable swine
Your candidate just killed 4 Americans in Libya.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So how did they cause the recession?
As for Reid, your party did not pass any bill that had a prayer in the Senate. Each had a poison pill.
"real dumb"
Boy - o - boy are you dumb. Reid would not allow the bills passed by the house to come to a vote because he knew they would pass. What other reason would he have to not permit a vote?
Hey crap for brains you are still dodging and dancing as to why the senate sits on their fat butts and will act on nothing? Poison pill, if the bills are sofucking bad they would not pass. Why is Reid a typical liberal coward, a big mouth and no action? The reason, he his much like you an illiterate, who thinks no one can survive with out a benevolent government to take care of their every need.
Do you practice being a sorry sack of manure?
Peace
KMA

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder if 23 million Americans who are still without jobs have that same good feeling.
Or the number of people who have joined the poverty level have that same good feeling.
Are you cuckoo? Or just delusional?
I'm without work. I'm far from poverty. I have no assistance from the Federal government. Dependent on no one. And my feelings about the President have not changed. Know what you call that? Educated choice. Grown up decision. R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Say it Loud wrote:
<quoted text>
Now go Vote - Obama
At least bring some facts to the table if you're going to continue this ruse.

The Republicans came up with a budget proposal and massive budget cuts which the Democrat Senate wouldn't work with or even bring to a vote.

The Democrats couldn't produce a budget 3 years in a row.

The Democrat Senate rejected Obama's own budget prosposal twice because of the massive spending - unanimously.

What else you got?

“Constitutionalis t”

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
How has Romney said he's going to fix it these past two days? I'm sure it's different than how he said he'd fix it two days before that, and then two days before that. And, if you (NOT me) wait two days, it will change yet again. I guess you'll never be bored with Romney's proposals!
He's just going to do what is natural for him - be a capitalist.
Only a fool would put a Marxist communist in charge of a capitalist economy, dufus.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my heavens above!
Romney has been on the campaign trail the past two days hammering home the dismal economy
Romney has done a great job with China's economy, he and his businesses can't send them enough American jobs.

Now go Vote - Obama

worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

I am from Michigan. I lost my job when Bush was President. I ended up losing everything. We built a plant in China where a lot of our manufacturing jobs went. Our CEO then, said that they were building cities of empty buildings for companies to move there. Then came President Obama, and I got my job back, after I did not have one. We are working overtime with no 40 hours in sight. Our CEO a few months ago said that despite what you hear on the news, the economy is getting better. Just this week, I heard from our Engineering manager that we are getting so much work that we don't have enough resources to keep up. We are filling up for next year too. As we buy things with the money that we earn, it creates jobs for people to make those things, which create more jobs, and on and on. My job is in the AUTO INDUSTRY, if Romney were President, I still would not be working and there would be NO SAFETY NET.
President Obama is working for the middle class and I can say that it working you have to give it is more time or we are going to be back in the BUSH years.
Obama/Biden 2012
Remember I am the 47% that Romney talks about.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Say it Loud wrote:
<quoted text>
Now go Vote - Obama
At least bring some facts to the table if you're going to continue this ruse.

The Republicans proposed a budget and massive budget cuts within the first year of taking back the House. The Democrat Senate would neither work with them or bring it up for a vote.

The Democrats did not produce a budget 3 years in a row.

The Democrat Senate rejected Obama's own budget proposals twice - unanimously - because it was more massive spending.

What else you got?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
He has made it quite clear major reforms and eliminating waste and duplication in government spending are two of his main objectives - after repealing the tax-ridden Obamacare.

Why don't you know this?

But let me ask you the same question. What plan has Obama been talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 57 min Jesus was gay 49,267
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 1 hr CDC 42
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 3 hr joey 25
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Whiny1 4,640
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 176,797
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr andet1987 4,633
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr andet1987 557
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Toj 97,823

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 3:48AM CDT

•••
•••