Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
727,021 - 727,040 of 1,101,480 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#784595 Oct 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The Republicans/Tea Baggers turned on him within a month of him taking office and then Fox News took it from there, Glen Beck and all the other rightwing tv/radio retards have been trying to divide this country for years spewing their vile hatred.
Republicans have refused to work with him in any capacity for the last 4 years, stubborn jackasses.
You'd have to have some imagination to see it any other way.
Come on Homer, you don't know how this country and Constitution was formulated? They were to bicker and argue. They were to 'fight', so to speak. I'd rather see them bickering, than spending this country into oblivion. ala Barack Hussein Obama...
Florida

Tampa, FL

#784596 Oct 26, 2012
10/25/12 4:29 AM EDT Boca Raton:
-
lily's ignorant paradise Palm Beach county Florida that brought us the hanging chad 12 years ago is in the midst of yet another electoral mess losing Gore the prez election — and the presidential election is still nearly two weeks away...
-
The problem this time: 27,000 filled-out absentee ballots in Palm Beach County that were misprinted and cannot be read by tabulation machines. County officials are having the results from all those ballots copied onto properly laid-out ballots, with representatives from both the Obama and Romney campaigns present.
-
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/828...
-
It's the culture....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#784597 Oct 26, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Frederick Douglass. Very good, class.
Can you think of another mulatto that achieved prominence in the United States?
Yes. I am a realist.
No. I am a geologist.
Booker T Washington

Really? No moon landing, interesting.
How far do you go? Where does your belief stop? Have we put a man in space?

Who killed JFK?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#784598 Oct 26, 2012
Nobama wrote:
by Peggy Noonan
"Why was the first debate so toxic for the president? Because the one thing he couldn't do if he was going to win the election is let all the pent-up resentment toward him erupt. Americans had gotten used to him as The President. Whatever his policy choices, whatever general direction he seemed to put in place he was The President, a man who had gotten there through natural gifts and what all politicians need, good fortune.
What he couldn't do was present himself, when everyone was looking, as smaller than you thought. Petulant, put upon, above it all, full of himself. He couldn't afford to make himself look less impressive than the challenger in terms of command, grasp of facts, size.
But that's what he did.
And in some utterly new way the president was revealed, exposed. All the people whose job it is to surround and explain him, to act as his buffers and protectors—they weren't there. It was him on the stage, alone with a competitor. He didn't have a teleprompter, and so his failure seemed to underscore the cliché that the prompter is a kind of umbilical cord for him, something that provides nourishment, the thing he needs to sound good. He is not by any means a stupid man but he has become a boring one; he drones, he is predictable, it's never new. The teleprompter adds substance, or at least safety."
LOL! You got it half right. One obvious reason that he lost the first debate was because Romney didn't say any of the things Obama had prepped for. It's even more obvious that you CANNOT and WILL NOT acknowledge that Romney flipped on almost everything he's been saying for the last year.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#784599 Oct 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>And the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, it initially was supposed to be more which would have greatly benefitted the American people.
Plus he compromised on extending the Bush tax cuts for the rich as the Republicans were holding the American people hsotage with regards to unemployment benefits.
Homer apparently preferred to piss away $2 trillion instead of $1 trillion......

Homer should check out some of the gross abuses in unemployment compensation....like those who retire, but still find a way to collect unemployment benefits.....
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#784600 Oct 26, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are trying to divert from the fact that through Elliott's thuggish corporate raiding and extortion the Romneys and others profiteered million$ at the expense of the auto industry, its workers and the taxpayers.
THAT is how it works.
The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. is independent from the Treasury. According to Rep. David Camp "Thus far, and on the basis of documents produced both by Treasury and third parties, my investigation has found that the PBGC advocated that GM take over both the Delphi hourly and salaried pension plans," Ultimately, it was GM that put money into top up and union pensions.
Did you forget to include this from the same article?

House Ways and Means Committee chairman Rep. Dave Camp threatened Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and President Barack Obama on Tuesday: Cough up the Delphi documents or get served with subpoenas.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/23/obama-admin...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#784601 Oct 26, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Frederick Douglass. Very good, class.
Yes. I am a realist.
No. I am a geologist.
Sorry I read that wrong, you do believe man has landed on the moon.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#784602 Oct 26, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Homer, you don't know how this country and Constitution was formulated? They were to bicker and argue. They were to 'fight', so to speak. I'd rather see them bickering, than spending this country into oblivion. ala Barack Hussein Obama...
It was formulated on compromise. I have no issue with bickering and arguing. I do have issue with just saying no to everything and dragging their heels for 4 years.

“Gobble, gobble”

Since: Oct 12

Cuckoo's Nest, PA

#784603 Oct 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it. Tea Party had been shown to be harmful to America.
Half its members are racist. They are all so f*cking stupid they did nothing while Bush killed this country & then, less than a month into the Obama administration, blamed Obama for everything.
Kwool - me makin more absurd klaims i kant bac up.

dwon akss me to prove an exalpwe of hermfool. Me justs makes stuff up. I'm an idiot. My name is ReadDave!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#784604 Oct 26, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are trying to divert from the fact that through Elliott's thuggish corporate raiding and extortion the Romneys and others profiteered million$ at the expense of the auto industry, its workers and the taxpayers.
THAT is how it works.
The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. is independent from the Treasury. According to Rep. David Camp "Thus far, and on the basis of documents produced both by Treasury and third parties, my investigation has found that the PBGC advocated that GM take over both the Delphi hourly and salaried pension plans," Ultimately, it was GM that put money into top up and union pensions.
Whos money did GM put into that? Didn't GM go bankrupt? GM didn't have any money to put into anything.
And, why did the Delphi pension plan get thrown under the bus?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#784605 Oct 26, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer apparently preferred to piss away $2 trillion instead of $1 trillion......
Homer should check out some of the gross abuses in unemployment compensation....like those who retire, but still find a way to collect unemployment benefits.....
It was less than 1 trillion, had it been over a trillion we may have seen a better recovery.

You all were awfully silent when Bush pissed away over 5 trillion, and what was that spent on again? Talk about pissing money away.

You say pissed away, I say stopped a full blown depression dead in it's tracks.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#784606 Oct 26, 2012
“Let Detroit Go Bankrupt.” But Romney has done a good job of concealing, until now, the fact that he and his wife, Ann, personally gained at least $15.3 million from the bailout—and a few of Romney’s most important Wall Street donors made more than $4 billion. Their gains, and the Romneys’, were astronomical—more than 3,000 percent on their investment.

It all starts with Delphi Automotive, a former General Motors subsidiary whose auto parts remain essential to GM’s production lines. No bailout of GM—or Chrysler, for that matter—could have been successful without saving Delphi. So, in addition to making massive loans to automakers in 2009, the federal government sent, directly or indirectly, more than $12.9 billion to Delphi—and to the hedge funds that had gained control over it.

One of the hedge funds profiting from that bailout—&#8232;$1.28 billion so far—is Elliott Management, directed by &#8232;Paul Singer. According to The Wall Street Journal, Singer has given more to support GOP candidates—$2.3 million—than anyone else on Wall Street this election season. His personal giving is matched by that of his colleagues at Elliott; collectively, they have donated $3.4 million to help elect Republicans this season, while giving only $1,650 to Democrats. And Singer is influential with the GOP presidential candidate; he’s not only an informal adviser but, according to the Journal, his support was critical in helping push Representative Paul Ryan onto the ticket."

And you idiots bitch about paying for free lunches for poor kids?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#784607 Oct 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Half its members are racist. They are all so f*cking stupid they did nothing while Bush killed this country & then, less than a month into the Obama administration, blamed Obama for everything.
Would you be talking about the recession caused by the Democrats' ludicrous Marxist subprime housing mortgage underwriting program that collapsed our economy after 2 years of oversight by the Democrats?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#784608 Oct 26, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
Looks like Obama's disastrous foreign policy decisions in Libya are coming to light.
Stevens informed the White House that an Al Qaeda attack was inevitable.
The White House steers Stevens to Benghazi and cuts his security.
Al Qaeda attempts to kidnap Stevens and inadvertently kills him while the government watches real-time a well-coordinated terrorist attack and does nothing to help Stevens avoid being kidnapped.
"Not enough information" after a plethora of warnings from Stevens about an Al Qaeda attack being inevitable, and watching in real-time the attack which lasted over 6 hours.
Help is available and ready to go to Steven's aid.
Obama's empty chair watches the Al Qaeda plan to kidnap Stevens unfold for 6 hours. The empty chair doesn't send help to Stevens.
Stevens dies of smoke inhalation after Al Qaeda tries to smoke him out of his last refuge.
The Al Qaeda intent was to kidnap Stevens, not to kill him. If they intended to kill him, they would have just blown the door away and if Stevens was still alive, either lit him up with AKs or made a video of Arabs cutting his head off.
After Al Qaeda kidnapped Stevens, then Obama could have pretended to be "presidential" and trade the first terrorist that bombed the WTC to the Muslim Brotherhood in exchange for a US ambassador being released from Al Qaeda.
How many October Surprises is this now that blew up in Obama's face? I count three.
You'd think the Three Stooges are running our government after this repeated idiocy.
ABO
And some day you might cite a source.

Until that day.......

Now you tell me to watch the video. How about we check the time code on that video? You do know about time codes? I edit video for a living. I know.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#784609 Oct 26, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
There are abuses across the board, why go after just the unemployment cheaters? Go after them all, from corporations to welfare cheaters.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#784610 Oct 26, 2012
Romney campaign so desperate to change subject from Mourdock that they accuse Colin Powell of racism

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/26/1150...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#784611 Oct 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin' Putz,

Does the percentage of melanin in your skin increase each time you "think" you are chasing down a racist? Is this what the good fairy has promised you?

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#784612 Oct 26, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>"our way or the highway, that is no way to govern."
exactly, that is why I'm voting for Romney and not the current Great-Divider-in-Chief who shows up to work once in a while.
Comparing Bush and Obama vacation time? Go ahead, I dare you.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#784613 Oct 26, 2012
Ih Lookie Here!

A libloon who thinks he is Alan Greenspan!!

Baaawwwahhhhh!!!!
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It was less than 1 trillion, had it been over a trillion we may have seen a better recovery.
You all were awfully silent when Bush pissed away over 5 trillion, and what was that spent on again? Talk about pissing money away.
You say pissed away, I say stopped a full blown depression dead in it's tracks.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#784614 Oct 26, 2012
If Mitt Romney Loses, Blame All the Time the GOP Wasted This Cycle

The conspiracy theories, the obviously unqualified primary candidates, the Clint Eastwood speech -- it all adds up to a lot of opportunities lost.

Birtherism wasn't the only time-suck of a theory.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min KiMare 49,504
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,378
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 20 min andet1987 577
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 min JOEL 69,091
Word (Dec '08) 21 min andet1987 4,666
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Sublime1 97,959
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 22 min andet1987 1,262
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min wojar 177,528
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE