Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,336)

Showing posts 726,701 - 726,720 of1,072,432
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't read something and twist it around to mean something else like you just did. What's wrong with your thinking if you can't read words and catch their meaning without adding your own warped twist to all of them. You have a real comprehension problem so you just make up what you THINK people mean.
The meaning was clear.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He's probably talking about the other Carol, with a capital C.
But thanks for making my day anyway.
Hey cousin, I will always stick up for you.
FreedomofKetchup

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
What Happened in Benghazi
Though I am in no way a fan of President Obama’s foreign and security policies, the flailing that the Republican Party is engaging in at the moment to demonstrate some kind of cover-up in the aftermath of the Benghazi attack reveals a complete lack of understanding of how intelligence collection and analysis works. David Ignatius explores the subject in an op-ed,“CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks.”
Ignatius observes that intelligence is developed when something happens and that evidence is frequently “fragmentary and conflicting.” While there may be such a thing as incontrovertible facts relating to any incident, that solid information is something that frequently cannot be easily discerned. Ignatius notes that Republicans have been beating Obama over the head most recently with the assertion that there was a CIA Station Chief cable the day after the killing of the ambassador that indicated that the attack had been planned and organized by a militant group. But I would bet that there were at least 15 other reports that went out the same day that provided alternative scenarios. If you intercept a cell phone call in which someone is claiming credit for organizing an attack, is he speaking the truth or is he boasting and trying to take credit for some reason or other? If a source in a militia is claiming that he knows who ordered the attack, does he have an agenda that is driving his claim? All of that has to be sorted out, which takes time and cross checking. At the present time, it does appear that the “Innocence of Muslims” video did play a role in the attack and the contention that it was a fully-orchestrated al-Qaeda event seems unlikely.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/intell...
I was in Rome Station when the U.S. Embassy in Tehran was occupied. The CIA went on full alert worldwide and we followed suit. I rather suspect that every Iranian official or businessman in Italy that we could get our hands on was interviewed three times. The reports went in to Washington, together with thousands of others. While the effort sounds silly in retrospect, I do recall that there were some Iranians in Rome who had significant information on the students who had led the takeover. My point is that intelligence is a complicated process and cherry picking raw intelligence reports relating to a developing situation might well produce whatever you want to find, but it will not necessarily reveal the truth.
Bullchit.

Cable: Big black flag(s).

Foreign (ignore and no) Policy Failure.

ROMNEY(is not Reagan)/RYAN 2012
Qualified Experience FOR America again!
Florida

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were ay irregularities with Obama's transcripts, he would not have received those degrees.
Affirmative action and foreign students do receive degrees...
-
$5 Million to a charity of obama's choice if obama releases his college records... What is obama hiding?- Why is obama selling out a charity?
-
It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol has shown more character and restraint than anyone on here. She always takes the high ground. You liberals lack the etiquette to have a civil disagreement on issues. That is not Carol's failing, it's probably just how you folks were raised.
carol is a boulder standing tall in the middle of a mudflow of Liberalism. She remains unmoved. And admired.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
We are on the verge of a better america and you sit there saying "no, the horse and buggy is just fine, we don't need no stinking cars". Really Homer, six months from now you will be praising Fred and me for seeing through the Obama thicket.
We are on the verge of a better America...

I just like how that sounds.
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's why some worthy charity will never receive $5 million dollars.
fred had an interesting exchange with an Obamabot on twitter today about this issue. Since fred is well practiced, the commie occupier scum was stunned into silence after 3 tweets.

The effort to marginalize we birthers has completely failed.

You'd be good at twitter. Try it.
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are just too stupid. Its not able the legality.
The returns will show the extent of Romney's tax dodging, overseas investments, years where did not pay any.
fred was retweeted!

Your Tweet was retweeted!

@Aloha_Analytics Sure Obama reacted. He went to bed and got up early to fly to Las Vegas to party with Beyonce and Jay Z
Florida

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Because when Republicans get elected, they legislate abortion, not the economy.
RealDave (actually a female) believes a woman's place is just in the home or at an abortion clinic like lily...- The Federal Government controlling women's brains and bodies with Chemicals and Pills...
-
What is obama hiding?- Why is obama selling out a charity?
-
It's the culture...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So white people endorsing Romney is because of skin?
Or are you just a racist f*ck.
Racist Maya Angelou Schlepping For Obama Re-election Sends Campaign Letter:“Go, Rise Up”

Dear XXXXXXXX,

I am not writing to you as a black voter, or a woman voter, or as a voter who is over 70 years old and six feet tall. I am writing to you as a representative of this great country — as an American.[WRONG!]

It is your job to vote. It is your responsibility, your right, and your privilege. You may be pretty or plain, heavy or thin, gay or straight, poor or rich.

But remember this: In an election, every voice is equally powerful — don’t underestimate your vote. Voting is the great equalizer.

Your vote might make the difference. Don’t fool around with this — get the information you need to vote in this election.

As a country, we can scarcely perceive the magnitude of our progress.

My grandmother and my uncle experienced circumstances that would break your heart. When they went to vote, they were asked impossible questions like,“How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?” When they couldn’t answer, they couldn’t vote.

I once debated with the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. about whether an African American would ever be elected president. He believed it would happen within the next 40 years at the time — I believed it would never happen within my lifetime.

I have never been happier to have been proven wrong.

And since President Barack Obama’s historic election, we’ve moved forward in courageous and beautiful ways. More students can afford college, and more families have access to affordable health insurance. Women have greater opportunities to get equal pay for equal work.

Yet as Rev. King wrote,“All progress is precarious.”

So don’t sit on the sidelines. Don’t hesitate. Don’t have any regrets. Vote.

Go, rise up, and find out what you need to do to vote and ask your friends to join you. We must make our voices heard:

Your vote is not only important. It’s imperative.

Thank you,

Dr. Maya Angelou

~~~~~~~~~~

Voting for a person
because he is Black

is as RACIST as

voting AGAINST someone
because he's Black

==========
The level of intellectual dishonesty within the Race-Baiting class is astounding. Dr. Maya Angelou begins her plea stating that she is not writing as a “black American”, and then goes into the entire substance of her letter framing advocacy only around “RACE”.
==========

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/10/2...
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are just too stupid. Its not able the legality.
The returns will show the extent of Romney's tax dodging, overseas investments, years where did not pay any.
He still paid ten times more taxes than Obama. Maybe fifty times that of Biden. Donated ten times more to charity than Obama and 400 times more than Biden. You are the one who doesn't get it.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure you need a hug.
Never hug a thug.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey cousin, I will always stick up for you.
Same here.

Is this what being in a mutual admiration society is like?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's pretty flattering. Thanks, shiningelect0n.
I don't suck-up. I just make observations. Reading this Topix thread is a lot like watching Saturday Cartoons for hours on end when, suddenly, an adult appears and speaks a few words. It's refreshing.
FreedomofKetchup

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Because when Republicans get elected, they legislate abortion, not the economy.
Bullchit.

The DUHMbocRats have done nothing EXCEPT blahblahblah on THIRTY year old Issues---ENOUGH for FIFTY years--unlike any other admin I've ever had the displeasure of having listen to-with their repeated and CONtinually backwards WHINE, whine and whine over the past four years. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time WASTED, with these long time NON-issues (did I mention thirty years behind the times?).

In fact--All that wasted whining time should be an example of things to add to the lists of "valid reasons to impeach" POTUS's.

HAWYEE-NO mo' BACKWARDS!!!
It's 2012-not 1912!

ROMNEY (is NOT Reagan!)/RYAN 2012!
Qualified Experience FOR America again!
Economic Experience FOR t
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
carol is a boulder standing tall in the middle of a mudflow of Liberalism. She remains unmoved. And admired.
And she wears an over the shoulder boulder holder.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

fred wrote:
<quoted text>
fred had an interesting exchange with an Obamabot on twitter today about this issue. Since fred is well practiced, the commie occupier scum was stunned into silence after 3 tweets.
The effort to marginalize we birthers has completely failed.
You'd be good at twitter. Try it.
I don't even have a cellphone. Or a watch.

It's part of being a home hermit and working from home for 12 years.

But it's partly being out of the loop when it comes to modern technology.

At least I'm a quick learner if I ever had the desire to tweet. Is that correct? Tweet?
FreedomofKetchup

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warni...
You loons love PBS-but you never watch it?
Some good stuff there sometimes. Easily self-maintainable-for the WORTHWHILE parts anyway!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suck-up. I just make observations. Reading this Topix thread is a lot like watching Saturday Cartoons for hours on end when, suddenly, an adult appears and speaks a few words. It's refreshing.
There's no way I could have lasted all these years on here without fellow voices in the desert such as yourself.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here.
Is this what being in a mutual admiration society is like?
Not sure what that is, but now that you mention it, I am going to start the Carol Admiration Society. Let me call Homer. This is a great idea. Thanks Carol, you always bring a ray of sunshine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 726,701 - 726,720 of1,072,432
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search