Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
726,661 - 726,680 of 1,100,610 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
Florida

Tampa, FL

#784159 Oct 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Because when Republicans get elected, they legislate abortion, not the economy.
RealDave (actually a female) believes a woman's place is just in the home or at an abortion clinic like lily...- The Federal Government controlling women's brains and bodies with Chemicals and Pills...
-
What is obama hiding?- Why is obama selling out a charity?
-
It's the culture...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#784160 Oct 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So white people endorsing Romney is because of skin?
Or are you just a racist f*ck.
Racist Maya Angelou Schlepping For Obama Re-election Sends Campaign Letter:“Go, Rise Up”

Dear XXXXXXXX,

I am not writing to you as a black voter, or a woman voter, or as a voter who is over 70 years old and six feet tall. I am writing to you as a representative of this great country — as an American.[WRONG!]

It is your job to vote. It is your responsibility, your right, and your privilege. You may be pretty or plain, heavy or thin, gay or straight, poor or rich.

But remember this: In an election, every voice is equally powerful — don’t underestimate your vote. Voting is the great equalizer.

Your vote might make the difference. Don’t fool around with this — get the information you need to vote in this election.

As a country, we can scarcely perceive the magnitude of our progress.

My grandmother and my uncle experienced circumstances that would break your heart. When they went to vote, they were asked impossible questions like,“How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?” When they couldn’t answer, they couldn’t vote.

I once debated with the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. about whether an African American would ever be elected president. He believed it would happen within the next 40 years at the time — I believed it would never happen within my lifetime.

I have never been happier to have been proven wrong.

And since President Barack Obama’s historic election, we’ve moved forward in courageous and beautiful ways. More students can afford college, and more families have access to affordable health insurance. Women have greater opportunities to get equal pay for equal work.

Yet as Rev. King wrote,“All progress is precarious.”

So don’t sit on the sidelines. Don’t hesitate. Don’t have any regrets. Vote.

Go, rise up, and find out what you need to do to vote and ask your friends to join you. We must make our voices heard:

Your vote is not only important. It’s imperative.

Thank you,

Dr. Maya Angelou

~~~~~~~~~~

Voting for a person
because he is Black

is as RACIST as

voting AGAINST someone
because he's Black

==========
The level of intellectual dishonesty within the Race-Baiting class is astounding. Dr. Maya Angelou begins her plea stating that she is not writing as a “black American”, and then goes into the entire substance of her letter framing advocacy only around “RACE”.
==========

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/10/2...
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#784161 Oct 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are just too stupid. Its not able the legality.
The returns will show the extent of Romney's tax dodging, overseas investments, years where did not pay any.
He still paid ten times more taxes than Obama. Maybe fifty times that of Biden. Donated ten times more to charity than Obama and 400 times more than Biden. You are the one who doesn't get it.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#784162 Oct 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure you need a hug.
Never hug a thug.
carol

Orlando, FL

#784163 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey cousin, I will always stick up for you.
Same here.

Is this what being in a mutual admiration society is like?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#784164 Oct 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's pretty flattering. Thanks, shiningelect0n.
I don't suck-up. I just make observations. Reading this Topix thread is a lot like watching Saturday Cartoons for hours on end when, suddenly, an adult appears and speaks a few words. It's refreshing.
FreedomofKetchup

London, KY

#784165 Oct 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Because when Republicans get elected, they legislate abortion, not the economy.
Bullchit.

The DUHMbocRats have done nothing EXCEPT blahblahblah on THIRTY year old Issues---ENOUGH for FIFTY years--unlike any other admin I've ever had the displeasure of having listen to-with their repeated and CONtinually backwards WHINE, whine and whine over the past four years. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time WASTED, with these long time NON-issues (did I mention thirty years behind the times?).

In fact--All that wasted whining time should be an example of things to add to the lists of "valid reasons to impeach" POTUS's.

HAWYEE-NO mo' BACKWARDS!!!
It's 2012-not 1912!

ROMNEY (is NOT Reagan!)/RYAN 2012!
Qualified Experience FOR America again!
Economic Experience FOR t
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#784166 Oct 25, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
carol is a boulder standing tall in the middle of a mudflow of Liberalism. She remains unmoved. And admired.
And she wears an over the shoulder boulder holder.
carol

Orlando, FL

#784167 Oct 25, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
fred had an interesting exchange with an Obamabot on twitter today about this issue. Since fred is well practiced, the commie occupier scum was stunned into silence after 3 tweets.
The effort to marginalize we birthers has completely failed.
You'd be good at twitter. Try it.
I don't even have a cellphone. Or a watch.

It's part of being a home hermit and working from home for 12 years.

But it's partly being out of the loop when it comes to modern technology.

At least I'm a quick learner if I ever had the desire to tweet. Is that correct? Tweet?
FreedomofKetchup

London, KY

#784168 Oct 25, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warni...
You loons love PBS-but you never watch it?
Some good stuff there sometimes. Easily self-maintainable-for the WORTHWHILE parts anyway!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
carol

Orlando, FL

#784169 Oct 25, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suck-up. I just make observations. Reading this Topix thread is a lot like watching Saturday Cartoons for hours on end when, suddenly, an adult appears and speaks a few words. It's refreshing.
There's no way I could have lasted all these years on here without fellow voices in the desert such as yourself.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#784170 Oct 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here.
Is this what being in a mutual admiration society is like?
Not sure what that is, but now that you mention it, I am going to start the Carol Admiration Society. Let me call Homer. This is a great idea. Thanks Carol, you always bring a ray of sunshine.
Chris Tolles

Chicago, IL

#784171 Oct 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure you need a hug.
me too?
carol

Orlando, FL

#784172 Oct 25, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
carol is a boulder standing tall in the middle of a mudflow of Liberalism. She remains unmoved. And admired.
Wow...sure am glad I'm on here tonight.

Leosnana never says things like that...
Fury

Griffin, GA

#784174 Oct 25, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist Maya Angelou Schlepping For Obama Re-election Sends Campaign Letter:“Go, Rise Up”
Dear XXXXXXXX,
I am not writing to you as a black voter, or a woman voter, or as a voter who is over 70 years old and six feet tall. I am writing to you as a representative of this great country — as an American.[WRONG!]
It is your job to vote. It is your responsibility, your right, and your privilege. You may be pretty or plain, heavy or thin, gay or straight, poor or rich.
But remember this: In an election, every voice is equally powerful — don’t underestimate your vote. Voting is the great equalizer.
Your vote might make the difference. Don’t fool around with this — get the information you need to vote in this election.
As a country, we can scarcely perceive the magnitude of our progress.
My grandmother and my uncle experienced circumstances that would break your heart. When they went to vote, they were asked impossible questions like,“How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?” When they couldn’t answer, they couldn’t vote.
I once debated with the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. about whether an African American would ever be elected president. He believed it would happen within the next 40 years at the time — I believed it would never happen within my lifetime.
I have never been happier to have been proven wrong.
And since President Barack Obama’s historic election, we’ve moved forward in courageous and beautiful ways. More students can afford college, and more families have access to affordable health insurance. Women have greater opportunities to get equal pay for equal work.
Yet as Rev. King wrote,“All progress is precarious.”
So don’t sit on the sidelines. Don’t hesitate. Don’t have any regrets. Vote.
Go, rise up, and find out what you need to do to vote and ask your friends to join you. We must make our voices heard:
Your vote is not only important. It’s imperative.
Thank you,
Dr. Maya Angelou
~~~~~~~~~~
Voting for a person
because he is Black
is as RACIST as
voting AGAINST someone
because he's Black
==========
right wing kool aide drinker
carol

Orlando, FL

#784175 Oct 25, 2012
...not that I'm agreeing I'm one of the voices in the desert, mind you...

...all of us who speak out against progressive secular liberalism are voices in the desert as far as I'm concerned...

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#784177 Oct 25, 2012
Condoleezza Rice Bursts Fox News’ Benghazi-Gate Balloon.....

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1922827219001/cond...

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/10/2...

Another Fox News conspiracy up in smoke.
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#784178 Oct 25, 2012
Obama Lets You Die wrote:
President Obama met with Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Vice President Biden in the Oval Office at 5 p.m. ET, a little more than an hour after the onset of the attack. The Pentagon began moving military assets:
-- Eight from Special Operations were sent from Tripoli.
-- A "fast team" of Marines from Rota, Spain, were sent to guard the Embassy in Tripoli.
-- A Special Operations force was moved from central Europe to Sigonella Air Base in southern Italy, just 480 miles from Benghazi.
-- F-16s and Apache helicopters remained parked and unused at Aviano Air Base in northern Italy.
-- Two Navy destroyers already in the Mediterranean Sea were moved off the coast of Libya on the day of the attack but were never used.
Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham, both Republicans, complained recently that more was not done to bolster security.
"Despite ample warning signs that the immediate region remained unstable and our people under threat, inadequate preparations were made to respond to what in retrospect seems a likely attack," the senators said in a joint statement released last week.
"We were told reconnaissance aircraft were sent, and that a surveillance drone had been repositioned in response to the attack. But we were both shocked to hear that ... there were no land forces available to support Benghazi."
The senators also criticized the lack of fighter jets available to intervene.
The fighting at the consulate was over within an hour, according to recently leaked State Department emails obtained by Fox News. Officials in Washington reading those cables may have thought at the time that the attack was over, but it is now clear this was a two-pronged assault on two separate locations, spanning more than six hours.
At 4 a.m. local time -- 6 hours and 20 minutes after the initial attack began -- former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were killed at the CIA annex by a mortar shell. The machine gun they were firing was caked in blood, suggesting they continued fighting after being hit.
"The last two casualties occurred well over six hours after the initial attack," McCain and Graham noted. "It is disappointing to hear that our national command authorities failed to try to reinforce the consulate with timely air assets, and that a consulate located in one of the most dangerous regions in the world was so unsecured."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/24/us...
And I think the president was in Las Vegas picking up some influence money from special interests at the time they were being killed. But hey, although it wasn't optimal, it is only a bump in the road.
carol

Orlando, FL

#784179 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
He still paid ten times more taxes than Obama. Maybe fifty times that of Biden. Donated ten times more to charity than Obama and 400 times more than Biden. You are the one who doesn't get it.
Yep!
carol

Orlando, FL

#784180 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what that is, but now that you mention it, I am going to start the Carol Admiration Society. Let me call Homer. This is a great idea. Thanks Carol, you always bring a ray of sunshine.
Tell Homer not to fight over who gets to be president of CAS. You know how stubborn he can be sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min Deserve 49,537
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 22 min Retired SOF 45
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min LRS 177,412
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,658
who here likes pooping themself either in a dia... 1 hr poopforluck 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,380
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr J RULES 68,997
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE