Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Chris Tolles

Chicago, IL

#784076 Oct 25, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, um, sure. I'm sorry, I didn't realize...
seems there was a mix up topix central. sorry for inconvience.
if it was anything like mine...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784077 Oct 25, 2012
professor wrote:
Glad we got rid of those filthy posts by that crazy Jane woman.
Me too! It's horrible the things she says!
Chris Tolles

Chicago, IL

#784079 Oct 25, 2012
Jane i can see you trying to post.
Seems you got mixed up in this clusterfk.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#784080 Oct 25, 2012
professor wrote:
Hey beezlebub, Jane is my best friend, leave her alone.
Chris Tolles

Chicago, IL

#784081 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
At least at this point in time, you can draw a lot of similarity to Reagan. Although Reagan was more likeable, Romney is smarter. I think Romney is going to make an awesome president. He is too left for me, but this country badly needs someone that can work across aisles like Reagan and Clinton did. Like them or not, they both understood what it took to make Congress function. Obama has failed miserably on that front and of course the liberals cast blame everywhere else when they need to look in the mirror.
sometimes youre funny. sometimes a tea bag dk. what gives?
Florida

Tampa, FL

#784082 Oct 25, 2012
professor wrote:
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm just saying you've got bad luck when it comes to thinking idiot, living like a ghetto rat in Chicago..
-
It's the culture......
fred

Milford, CT

#784083 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
At least at this point in time, you can draw a lot of similarity to Reagan. Although Reagan was more likeable, Romney is smarter. I think Romney is going to make an awesome president. He is too left for me, but this country badly needs someone that can work across aisles like Reagan and Clinton did. Like them or not, they both understood what it took to make Congress function. Obama has failed miserably on that front and of course the liberals cast blame everywhere else when they need to look in the mirror.
Ronald Reagan was very shrewed. Please don't accept liberal memes.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784084 Oct 25, 2012
Dad looked up at me standing there and he smiled that crooked smile of his and said, "Wow! You're really turnin' into a little lady, aren't you?" I looked down at myself then and for the first time it dawned on me that I was becoming a woman. I'd been dressing like a boy for so long I hadn't really noticed my little breasts budding out and the tuft of brown hair sprouting between my legs. For the first time in my life I actually noticed myself! Dad noticed too, that old rascal. That garbage bag was bobbin' around up there like a catfish on a limb-line. Hmmmm... tell me more...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784085 Oct 25, 2012
Can you believe they let him say those things about me?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#784086 Oct 25, 2012
Fury wrote:
<quoted text>
Win or lose Carol will continue to be a self centered whiner
Carol has shown more character and restraint than anyone on here. She always takes the high ground. You liberals lack the etiquette to have a civil disagreement on issues. That is not Carol's failing, it's probably just how you folks were raised.
Homer

Effort, PA

#784087 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans/Tea Baggers turned on him within a month of him taking office and then Fox News took it from there, Glen Beck and all the other rightwing tv/radio retards have been trying to divide this country for years spewing their vile hatred.
Republicans have refused to work with him in any capacity for the last 4 years, stubborn jackasses.

You'd have to have some imagination to see it any other way.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784088 Oct 25, 2012
Chris Tolles wrote:
<quoted text>
seems there was a mix up topix central. sorry for inconvience.
if it was anything like mine...
Hahahahahahahah, a room full of very nervous kittys...
Florida

Tampa, FL

#784089 Oct 25, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, um, sure. I'm sorry, I didn't realize...
The serendipitous NY, NY gift that just keeps on creating idiot liberal....
-
It's the culture...
Homer

Effort, PA

#784090 Oct 25, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan started this mess we are in, union busting, destruction of the middle class, the corporate takeover of America.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#784091 Oct 25, 2012
ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE interview with Obama:

The other guy is a BULLSHITER,( about Romney) WOW, "Mr. 1st. Class" president ... this is true language of a CHICAGO THUG!!!!!!
shrewed

Chicago, IL

#784092 Oct 25, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>Ronald Reagan was very shrewed. Please don't accept liberal memes.
You mean shrewd?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784093 Oct 25, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrewed? You mean when he'd squinch up his nose and close his eyes and dig tunnels under the backyard looking for worms?
Homer

Effort, PA

#784094 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol has shown more character and restraint than anyone on here. She always takes the high ground. You liberals lack the etiquette to have a civil disagreement on issues. That is not Carol's failing, it's probably just how you folks were raised.
Stop it, she is a self centered whiner.
professor

Chicago, IL

#784095 Oct 25, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm just saying you've got bad luck when it comes to thinking idiot, living like a ghetto rat in Chicago..
-
It's the culture......
You're the touchy jewtard with the pretend college aged daughter.
Homer

Effort, PA

#784096 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh -'you can draw a lot of similarity to Reagan' are you trying to depress Homer even more?

Reagan, big government, big spending, amnesty for illegals, etc etc etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Scrutiny 187,707
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min Ratloder 69,768
Stephanie Peterson 1 hr Carol 1
abby may 3-15 1 hr Kuuipo 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 52,979
Did U get UR FEDERAL BENEFIT CHECK? 1 hr Angry Tax Payer 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr lay person 99,411
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]