Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262425 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#784066 Oct 25, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes she did. You must have missed it.
Thanks Flack!^5
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784067 Oct 25, 2012
LOL wrote:
I saw something on the eastern PA roadsides today that I never saw before and it really warmed my heart. I saw a number of bright orange and white political signs printed with the words DEFEAT OBAMA on them. May the message be taken to heart. I have never seen a DEFEAT someone sign displayed on the roadside before.
Well, then, you're obviously new to eastern Pennsylvania. Amidst the massive piles of coal tailings and worthless houses as far as the eye can see it is not in the least uncommon to see old port-a-johns, toilets, Mary in the Bathtub painted with Beat the Negro painted all over them. It's what people do who're confused and scared.
professor

Chicago, IL

#784068 Oct 25, 2012
Glad we got rid of those filthy posts by that crazy Jane woman.
professor

Chicago, IL

#784069 Oct 25, 2012
Somebody cried to Topix.
where is Jane?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784070 Oct 25, 2012
Florida wrote:
NY, NY Fake Jane has been banned... Idiot liberal...
-
It's the culture...
Oh, um, sure. I'm sorry, I didn't realize...
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#784072 Oct 25, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
fred was retweeted!
Your Tweet was retweeted!
The happiest years of my life were during the days that Ronald Reagan was president. President Romney will be Ronald Reagan, Part Deux
At least at this point in time, you can draw a lot of similarity to Reagan. Although Reagan was more likeable, Romney is smarter. I think Romney is going to make an awesome president. He is too left for me, but this country badly needs someone that can work across aisles like Reagan and Clinton did. Like them or not, they both understood what it took to make Congress function. Obama has failed miserably on that front and of course the liberals cast blame everywhere else when they need to look in the mirror.
Fury

Griffin, GA

#784073 Oct 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He can obviously be a bit obnoxious.
But he said people tell him all the time not to give up on finding out what Obama is hiding.
Some of us just hope he gets voted out and it won't matter anymore.
Win or lose Carol will continue to be a self centered whiner
Hawley

Chicago, IL

#784074 Oct 25, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Flack!^5
high five me, patriot.
havent seen that since i fkd lynn to death.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784075 Oct 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that General Custer's last word? Before he and his men were massacred at the Battle of Little Big Horn?
Hey, you'll think this is funny but I almost wrote Muster instead of Custer...must have been thinking of Colonel Mustard...you know, form the Clue game.
Oh, that's surely it, carol, you were thinking of Colonel Mustard. I don't know why I have anything to do with you, you half-wit? Maybe they're right what they're saying about you?
Chris Tolles

Chicago, IL

#784076 Oct 25, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, um, sure. I'm sorry, I didn't realize...
seems there was a mix up topix central. sorry for inconvience.
if it was anything like mine...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784077 Oct 25, 2012
professor wrote:
Me too! It's horrible the things she says!
Chris Tolles

Chicago, IL

#784079 Oct 25, 2012
Jane i can see you trying to post.
Seems you got mixed up in this clusterfk.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#784080 Oct 25, 2012
professor wrote:
Hey beezlebub, Jane is my best friend, leave her alone.
Chris Tolles

Chicago, IL

#784081 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
At least at this point in time, you can draw a lot of similarity to Reagan. Although Reagan was more likeable, Romney is smarter. I think Romney is going to make an awesome president. He is too left for me, but this country badly needs someone that can work across aisles like Reagan and Clinton did. Like them or not, they both understood what it took to make Congress function. Obama has failed miserably on that front and of course the liberals cast blame everywhere else when they need to look in the mirror.
sometimes youre funny. sometimes a tea bag dk. what gives?
Florida

Tampa, FL

#784082 Oct 25, 2012
professor wrote:
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm just saying you've got bad luck when it comes to thinking idiot, living like a ghetto rat in Chicago..
-
It's the culture......
fred

Milford, CT

#784083 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan was very shrewed. Please don't accept liberal memes.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784084 Oct 25, 2012
Dad looked up at me standing there and he smiled that crooked smile of his and said, "Wow! You're really turnin' into a little lady, aren't you?" I looked down at myself then and for the first time it dawned on me that I was becoming a woman. I'd been dressing like a boy for so long I hadn't really noticed my little breasts budding out and the tuft of brown hair sprouting between my legs. For the first time in my life I actually noticed myself! Dad noticed too, that old rascal. That garbage bag was bobbin' around up there like a catfish on a limb-line. Hmmmm... tell me more...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#784085 Oct 25, 2012
Can you believe they let him say those things about me?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#784086 Oct 25, 2012
Fury wrote:
<quoted text>
Win or lose Carol will continue to be a self centered whiner
Carol has shown more character and restraint than anyone on here. She always takes the high ground. You liberals lack the etiquette to have a civil disagreement on issues. That is not Carol's failing, it's probably just how you folks were raised.
Homer

Effort, PA

#784087 Oct 25, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans/Tea Baggers turned on him within a month of him taking office and then Fox News took it from there, Glen Beck and all the other rightwing tv/radio retards have been trying to divide this country for years spewing their vile hatred.
Republicans have refused to work with him in any capacity for the last 4 years, stubborn jackasses.

You'd have to have some imagination to see it any other way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Chicago family hurt by sanctuary city politics 7 min VeganTiger 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min republican position 100,252
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Jacques Ottawa 194,376
Amy 7-29-15 41 min PEllen 10
abby7-29-15 1 hr Sublime1 5
a teachers lament. 1 hr bud ruel 4
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr CDC 52,055
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages