Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
726,161 - 726,180 of 1,079,673 Comments Last updated 25 min ago
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's God's will.
Jon Huntsman: Mitt Romney Should Withdraw Richard Mourdock Endorsement, Pull Ad

"[If I were Romney] I simply would have said I'm withdrawing my support," Huntsman said in an interview with HuffPost Live. "Until [Mourdock] proves otherwise, either you lay out an apology, do something else, but as of right now I would withdraw support."

Huntsman condemned Mourdock's comments, saying they "don't deserve to be part of our political discourse right now."

"I cringe -- it's like fingers on a chalkboard every time I hear men talk about women's health issues," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/25/jon-...

Is he the only Republican who has substance?
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

So, what did Prezident Fuckup fuckup since I've been away (for two hours). Anybody sacrificed ike in Benghazi?

Hey, I did read women are now supporting Romney. Looks like they went back after going blaaaaack and being very, very disappointed. LOL

Poll: Obama's Gender Lead Vanishes, Edge Now to Mitt
President might win test of 'most women sitting behind podium,' but poll shows Romney wiping out gender gap

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Colin Powell, the former general and Secretary of State under George W Bush, has endorsed Obama for a second term. He broke party ranks in 2008 to back the Democrat and says he is sticking with him four years later.
When he took over the country was in very, very difficult straits, we were in one of the worst recessions we had seen in recent times, close to a depression. The fiscal system was collapsing. Wall Street was in chaos. We had 800,000 jobs lost in that first month of the Obama administration and unemployment would peak a few months later at 10%.
So we were in real trouble. The auto industry was collapsing. The housing industry was starting to collapse, and we were in very difficult straits. And I saw over the next several years stabilization come back in the financial community, housing is now starting to pick up after four years, it's starting to pick up. Consumer confidence is rising. So I think generally we've come out of the dive and we’re starting to gain altitude
----------
Further news:

In a feisty speech, Mr Obama claimed Mr Romney would "turn back the clock 50 years for immigrants, gays and women" and repeatedly said the Republican had shown himself to be untrustworthy.

He attacked Mr Romney for claiming to be a "car guy" after opposing the government bail-out of the US auto industry – central to the Midwestern economy – and for now saying his plan to cut income taxes by 20 per cent would not benefit top earners, after privately assuring donors that it would.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

BY MARGARET SANGER, THE FOUNDER OF PLANNED PARENTHOOD "We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with
social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most
successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal.
We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro
population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if
it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.""Our failure to segregate morons who are increasing and multiplying
... demonstrates our foolhardy and extravagant sentimentalism ...
[Philanthropists] encourage the healthier and more normal sections of the
world to shoulder the burden of unthinking and indiscriminate fecundity of
others; which brings with it, as I think the reader must agree, a dead
weight of human waste. Instead of decreasing and aiming to eliminate the
stocks that are most detrimental to the future of the race and the world,
it tends to render them to a menacing degree dominant ... We are paying
for, and even submitting to, the dictates of an ever-increasing,
unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born
at all."
-- Margaret Sanger. The Pivot of Civilization , 1922. Chapter on "The
Cruelty of Charity," pages 116, 122, and 189. Swarthmore College Library
edition.
"Today eugenics is suggested by the most diverse minds as the most HEY LILLY,DEM,YEOMEN,SAMBOS,QUIMBO S dey talking bout Use
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Gallup - October 25, 2012:
Likely voters:
Romney - 50%
Obama - 47%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

Worth repeating ... and rubbing it in their faces.

If Da Bammy is re-elected, America DESERVES to FAIL.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets for a moment pretend you have money.
Go to PayPal and get an account.
Ill go a grand taking Obama.
Put up or shut the fk up.
Your choice.
Where the hell are you gonna find 20,000 suckers to lend you a nickle apiece ??

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

finding wrote:
<quoted text>he has to blame it on someone has no record to run on.
Which record are you running on, Madi? Drugs or prostitution?
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

carol wrote:
I know this is what drove some crazy on here last night but we'll just have to brace ourselves again.

Gallup - October 25, 2012:
Likely voters:
Romney - 50%
Obama - 47%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx
Yeah!
Romney was up 7 two days ago.
Looks like its over for your man Romney.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

TSM wrote:
On November 6th when Romney is introduce as our 45th President we will stop hearing the sucking sounds of China, we will once again hear the roaring sounds of American engines we the People will be Chanting ….America’s Back USA, USA, USA!!!
Is there a shortage of Thorazine and Haldol since the pain clinics closed? Romney would have obliterated the American car market. The Romneys' have shares in Chinese factories and in a year the only chanting Americans would be the fundamentalists.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Mile wrote:
No respect, no class and no clue!
http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-calls-ro...
President Barack Obama had some startling words for his opponent in an interview with Rolling Stone, according to an advance report on the article from Mike Allen at Politico.
Allen says Obama told Rolling Stone's editor that kids look at Mitt Romney and say, "Well, that's a bullshitter, I can tell."
Here's the excerpt from the upcoming cover story, via Playbook's Mike Allen: 
"We arrived at the Oval Office for our 45-minute interview ... on the morning of October 11th.... As we left the Oval Office, executive editor Eric Bates told Obama that he had asked his six-year-old if there was anything she wanted him to say to the president....[S]he said,'Tell him: You can do it.' Obama grinned....'You know, kids have good instincts,' Obama offered.'They look at the other guy and say,'Well, that's a bullshitter, I can tell.'"
This is the first time we can ever recall a President using that sort of language in an interview. We look forward to hearing the White House's response.

Romney/Ryan 2012
Oh yes, you republicans know all about respect, don't you? There was nothing wrong with what the President said, and it's nothing that half the country doesn't already know.

America would neither ignore nor laugh off a young black male relative of Obama publicly fantasizing about violence against a presidential candidate. As I reported last week, Romney’s son, Tagg Romney, cheerily riffed on his fantasies about committing an act of violence against a sitting president of the United States. This is different than some random Twitterer or Facebook commenter making some hideous remark, and it’s different than him making the comment to a friend in private. He made the comment in his role as an official campaign surrogate, and broadcast it in a public interview. In response, most of the media ignored the story, and most conservatives played it down as nothing but an earnest son defending his dad.

None of this means Tagg Romney is a bigot. But it does highlight the racist double standard in our politics. For if the races were reversed — if a young black male relative of Obama went on a radio show and publicly said he wanted to “jump out of your seat (and) rush down to the stage and take a swing” at Mitt Romney”— it would be an instant national outrage, replete with headlines about an imminent race war and Romney’s desperate need for beefed-up personal security.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/5-s...
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Mile wrote:
No respect, no class and no clue!
http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-calls-ro...

President Barack Obama had some startling words for his opponent in an interview with Rolling Stone, according to an advance report on the article from Mike Allen at Politico.
Allen says Obama told Rolling Stone's editor that kids look at Mitt Romney and say, "Well, that's a bullshitter, I can tell."
Here's the excerpt from the upcoming cover story, via Playbook's Mike Allen:
"We arrived at the Oval Office for our 45-minute interview ... on the morning of October 11th.... As we left the Oval Office, executive editor Eric Bates told Obama that he had asked his six-year-old if there was anything she wanted him to say to the president....[S]he said,'Tell him: You can do it.' Obama grinned....'You know, kids have good instincts,' Obama offered.'They look at the other guy and say,'Well, that's a bullshitter, I can tell.'"
This is the first time we can ever recall a President using that sort of language in an interview. We look forward to hearing the White House's response.

Romney/Ryan 2012
Well well the fake UK kkkhunt is back.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
Colin Powell, the former general and Secretary of State under George W Bush, has endorsed Obama for a second term. He broke party ranks in 2008 to back the Democrat and says he is sticking with him four years later.
When he took over the country was in very, very difficult straits, we were in one of the worst recessions we had seen in recent times, close to a depression. The fiscal system was collapsing. Wall Street was in chaos. We had 800,000 jobs lost in that first month of the Obama administration and unemployment would peak a few months later at 10%.
So we were in real trouble. The auto industry was collapsing. The housing industry was starting to collapse, and we were in very difficult straits. And I saw over the next several years stabilization come back in the financial community, housing is now starting to pick up after four years, it's starting to pick up. Consumer confidence is rising. So I think generally we've come out of the dive and we’re starting to gain altitude
----------
Further news:
In a feisty speech, Mr Obama claimed Mr Romney would "turn back the clock 50 years for immigrants, gays and women" and repeatedly said the Republican had shown himself to be untrustworthy.
He attacked Mr Romney for claiming to be a "car guy" after opposing the government bail-out of the US auto industry – central to the Midwestern economy – and for now saying his plan to cut income taxes by 20 per cent would not benefit top earners, after privately assuring donors that it would.
Stage 3 Romnesia!
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Gunner lets discuss your 330 electoral vote path that your Colorado pals have Romney achieving.
Lol
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Which record are you running on, Madi? Drugs or prostitution?
What about your record? I hear it's a rap sheet 10 pages long. Mostly petty larcency.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a shortage of Thorazine and Haldol since the pain clinics closed? Romney would have obliterated the American car market. The Romneys' have shares in Chinese factories and in a year the only chanting Americans would be the fundamentalists.
You forgot to say he will start WWIII.

Say hi to Big Bird.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Where the hell are you gonna find 20,000 suckers to lend you a nickle apiece ??
When the fk is someone gonna teach you how to spell nickel, hillbilly retard?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Rasmussen - October 25, 2012:

Nationwide voters:
Romney - 50%
Obama - 47%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

To all my liberal friends:

Just posting the latest polls. Please don't take it personally.

When Romney was trailing, we conservatives kept our hopes up, tried to remain positive and prepared to brace ourselves for the worst.

It's all any of us can do. Life will go on.

Some of us believe it will go on a little better with Romney...but only time will tell...and there will be another election in four more years.

If we could wait it out four years, you can too.

But none of us know how this election will turn out until November 6.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, you republicans know all about respect, don't you? There was nothing wrong with what the President said, and it's nothing that half the country doesn't already know.
America would neither ignore nor laugh off a young black male relative of Obama publicly fantasizing about violence against a presidential candidate. As I reported last week, Romney’s son, Tagg Romney, cheerily riffed on his fantasies about committing an act of violence against a sitting president of the United States. This is different than some random Twitterer or Facebook commenter making some hideous remark, and it’s different than him making the comment to a friend in private. He made the comment in his role as an official campaign surrogate, and broadcast it in a public interview. In response, most of the media ignored the story, and most conservatives played it down as nothing but an earnest son defending his dad.
None of this means Tagg Romney is a bigot. But it does highlight the racist double standard in our politics. For if the races were reversed — if a young black male relative of Obama went on a radio show and publicly said he wanted to “jump out of your seat (and) rush down to the stage and take a swing” at Mitt Romney”— it would be an instant national outrage, replete with headlines about an imminent race war and Romney’s desperate need for beefed-up personal security.
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/5-s...
Yes, you only needed to see laughing Joe & Petty, disrespectful Barry at the debates to know that. Where have you been? Drunk?
Republicans 4 America

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Hey, Republicans!
Did you notice on the last debate how Obama's American Flag Pin was very small compared to the one that Romney was wearing? Did you notice that the Republicans held up their Romney signs along with their American flags, and they were waving them? To me, that shows love for their country,and true American spirit. All the Demonbrats had was little Obama sign held up that should have said Obama Moving Backwards, Not Forward.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

dem wrote:
Gunner lets discuss your 330 electoral vote path that your Colorado pals have Romney achieving.
Lol
Then we can talk about your 330 lbs, lardass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 min voice of peace 67,931
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 47 min Frijoles 68,374
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 47 min Learn to Read 174,601
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 45,781
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 5 hr joey 3
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 7 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Abby 7-24 8 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••