Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,307)

Showing posts 726,121 - 726,140 of1,071,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How much crap can you possibly continue to spew without a shred of evidence? Nevermind, I already know the answer.
Is it true you do not believe man has landed on the moon?
Are you also a member of the Flat Earth Society?
Homer just trying to see how deep the crazy goes.
Why don't you do something Obama has never done:

Watch the video of the attack. Then, attend a security briefing, especially the one the morning after the attack.
If you and Obama do this, you won't appear so goddam ignorant to the entire world.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
The Emptiest Candidate in Presidential Election History
http://prospect.org/article/emptiest-candidat...
The American Prospect - Monthly magazine covering politics, culture, and policy from a liberal perspective.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>Did you notice the very telling mistake that last night's "fake" Carol made?

Check the post - "I won't even vote for O'bama and I'm a rabbi." -# 782911 on page 36434 - and note the ISP location.
Not that you're obsessed with topix or anything.
Lol
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
They've never been wrong, so I guess your hope lies that there's always a first time.
Not just me boobie, the hope of America. Seriously can you even imagine how bad Romney will be for this country?
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

the Dictionary.com definition of apology is "a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another."

but the media lapdogs for Obama couldnt stand it when Romney confronted him about his Apology Tour, because they have to get Obama re-elected to validate the poor decision they made in backing him in 2008 and to assuage their white guilt.

There’s hardly a shortage, however, beginning with examples of Obama chastising past U.S. foreign policy just 5 months into his 1st year.

cited by Heritage’s Nile Gardiner and Morgan Lorraine Roach:

- At a Summit of the Americas, Obama regretted how “at times we sought to dictate our terms.” In an op-ed about policy toward the America’s, Obama declared:“Too often, the United States has not pursued and sustained engagement with our neighbors.”

- Speaking to the Turkish parliament, Obama rationalized:“The United States is still working through some of our own darker periods in our history.”

- Addressing CIA employees about an administration report which castigated the use of enhanced interrogation techniques against terrorist suspects, the President urged:“Don’t be discouraged that we have to acknowledge potentially we’ve made some mistakes.”

- In a speech, Obama denounced the techniques used in the war on terror:“Instead of strategically applying our power and our principles, too often we set those principles aside as luxuries that we could no longer afford. And during this season of fear, too many of us – Democrats and Republicans, politicians, journalists, and citizens – fell silent.”

- In that same address at the National Archives, he went into full apology mode over Guantanamo:“There is also no question that Guantanamo set back the moral authority that is America’s strongest currency in the world. Instead of building a durable framework for the struggle against Al Qaeda that drew upon our deeply held values and traditions, our government was defending positions that undermined the rule of law.”

Obama’s got extra ammunition going into the election knowing the press corps will do their best to disarm potent attacks on topics where Obama is vulnerable amongst swing state voters.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/23/jou...
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

I don't really think there are fake janes and carols.
They are making fun of themselves for attention.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>They've never been wrong, so I guess your hope lies that there's always a first time.
Never?
Bwahahahaha
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
35,000 women are raped and get pregnant from it each year. Go help them.
500,000 kids are in fostercare; go help them.
if you ever left your 4 walls, where you are sheltered 24/7, you could start by helping at a local women's shelter.

Obama will probably release his college transcripts before you ever put your money where your topix mouth is.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
Oh, no! I just got an e-mail from my Mom who is dying. Her last wish was to read my story from last night and IT'S GONE! Lucky I saved it, Mom, I'll put it back up so you can take one last guilty pleasure in remembering the good times we had together.
Stop it. Only rightwingers take the names of other posters. Lefties and moderates are better than that.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

keyedick wrote:
<quoted text>Why Jesse Jackson is Sambo and Quimbo

by Robert Oliver

On November 18, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation in Washington, D.C. held a reception to honor the 25th anniversary of the first presidential campaign of the Reverend DEM At that reception, DEM said:“We even have blacks voting against the healthcare bill from Alabama. You can’t vote against health care and call yourself a black man.” Without mentioning him by name, DEM referred to Representative Artur Davis(D-AL), the only member of the Congressional Black Caucus to vote against the House Healthcare Reform bill.

Memo to Rev. DEM: Who made you the “Keeper of the Blackness” and the Chairman of the “Black Enough Committee,” officially certifying who is “authentically black”?

Has DEM gone back to his old ways of racial divisiveness? If a white-dominated corporation did not jump to his tune (and did not write his organization a check), he would officially brand it “racist.” If it did capitulate to him (and write his organization a check), he would call it “a responsible corporate citizen.” Now when a black elected official acts in a way that displeases DEM, he will imply that official is “not black.” That kind of rhetoric worked years ago with people who feared ostracism from the black community at large by not being “black enough.” However, that went out with 8-track tapes and blaxplotation movies like Blackenstein.

I agree with Project 21 Fellow Deneen Borelli who said:“DEM is acting like a slaveowner trying to keep blacks on his ideological plantation where, they are required to support government programs that increase public dependency on a bureaucracy. In DEM’s world, it appears a black man cannot have independent thought. They must follow DEM blindly or face lashes from his tongue.”
You put a lot of time into that one, chimp.
Maybe someone will read it.
Keeps you busier than beating your chimp dk at least.
Carry on.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch the video of the attack. Then, attend a security briefing, especially the one the morning after the attack.
If you and Obama do this, you won't appear so goddam ignorant to the entire world.
STFU and answer my questions. Do it now.

Is it true you do not believe man has landed on the moon?
Are you also a member of the Flat Earth Society?
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that you're obsessed with topix or anything.
Lol
As much as you are.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
Romney's Momentum Seems to Have Stopped
Nate Silver: "Mr. Romney clearly gained ground in the polls in the week or two after the Denver debate, putting himself in a much stronger overall position in the race. However, it seems that he is no longer doing so..."
"Since the Denver debate, Mr. Obama has held the lead in 16 Ohio polls against 6 for Mr. Romney. In Nevada, Mr. Obama has had the lead in 11 polls, to Mr. Romney's 1. Mr. Obama has led in all polls of Wisconsin since the Denver debate, and he has had five poll leads in Iowa to one for Mr. Romney."
"Part of the confusion (and part of the reason behind the perception that Mr. Romney is still gaining ground in the race) may be because of the headlines that accompany polls."
Mark Blumenthal: ""While the debate certainly boosted Romney's standing in the polls, trends over the past two weeks have been negligible, with the leader seesawing nationally within a range of roughly one percentage point. Over the same period, the standings within the key battleground states have also remained constant. Other poll tracking models have shown the same patterns."
http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2012/Pres/Ma...
Rasmussen Has Narrow Republican Bias
The Votemaster: "Enough presidential polling data is now available to analyze Rasmussen's data... Averaging all 82 polls, Rasmussen's mean bias is -1.91 points, that is, Rasmussen appears to be making Obama look almost 2 points worse than the other pollsters."
10:00 AM....
<phone> ring-ring
resident - "Hello"
pollster - "Waht are you doing right now?"
resident - "I'm sitting on the couch eating junk food and watching Oprah reruns."
pollster - "Who are you going to vote for?"
resident - "Obama"
pollster - "Thank you."
Headlines: "New Poll shows Obama and Romney in a Tie"
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
most insulting of all of Obama's behavior during and right after the attack, was that he appeared on a comedy talk show and discussed it. that alone shows how truly awful Obama is and what poor judgement he has.

can you imagine the media uproar if right after 9/11/01 GWB had gone to Vegas or been hanging out with celebrities and called the murders of Americans "a bump in the road" or "not optimal."

Bush was criticized for finishing reading to the kids. Obama was not criticized for laughing with celebrities for days afterwards.
keyedick

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Not just me boobie, the hope of America. Seriously can you even imagine how bad Romney will be for this country?
NO because we can see how bad obama is as president,HE LIES, HE BS ABOUT EVERYTHING, STILL not transparent,
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
But if all pregnancies - even those caused by rape - are indeed a "gift from God", from there it's no great logical stretch to conclude that, in some way, God is "pro-rape". Republicans in the Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock mold seem fatally attracted to this, like moths to a flame. They know they can't go there, not even close: ah, but they must. In reality, Akin and Mourdock are stating, albeit clumsily, accepted Republican Party positions.
Let's not forget this nut -

"He also told me one thing,'If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry,' " Rivard said. "Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she's not going to say,'Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.' All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she's underage. And he just said,'Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,' he said,'they rape so easy.'
Facts You Need To Know

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

What led to Romney's hatred for the 47%? Where does it come from? I think it comes from a very specific coupling of shame about his family story, a crippled and stunted personality, lifelong immaturity, a dark mean streak you mark down to chance and brain chemistry, and a sense of unbridled entitlement only the most wealthy Americans can acquire.

It makes for an extremely toxic mix of self-loathing and vicious hatred for the country he would lead. But wherever it comes from, there's one place it must never go, and that's the White House.
keyedick

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

THE OLD KKK TRICK OF THE DEMOCRATS SCARE EVERYONE IN The COMMUNITY
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>Follow it religiously. Why a compilation of polls is so strongly frowned upon by Republican members of this board? I found the process used by fivethirtyeight intriguing and well thought through.
And Nate doesn't even laugh at Rasmussen.

Did you see bill oreilly fawning over Mr Rasmussen on his show the other night?

He said repeatedly that they are the only polls he trusts. Cause they provide fox with skewed numbers to keep their sheep happy and fat.
Even though they have been proven to be one of the most unreliable polls by everyone except Fox News
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you get what you ask for, will you be able to admit it in 3 years, or will you play ostrich like you did in 2004?
Former Obama Supporters Back Romney This Time

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/fo...

In 2008, Matthew Brewer said he voted for hope, change and Barack Obama for president.

But this fall, he said, even though he said he doesn't agree with every policy proposed by Mitt Romney, he'll be voting for the Republican for president.

"I think he has the right skill set," Brewer said Thursday, as Romney's Wisconsin campaign rolled out what it called an advisory board of Wisconsin Democrats for Romney.

The group is comprised of 39 people from 29 cities. In a news release, the campaign said Wisconsin Democrats for Romney will bring together "a multitude of disenchanted Obama supporters who are not better off than they were four years ago."

Brewer, 49, an unemployed acoustic engineer from Spring Green, counts himself as one of those disenchanted with Obama, despite supporting him four years ago.

"He has been ineffective," Brewer said. He added that he doesn't have much hope for the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 726,121 - 726,140 of1,071,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-9 18 min NWmoon 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min LRS 173,496
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 37 min Lynn 13
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 245
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,572
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,487
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,086
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 97,408
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••