Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1522581 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#783618 Oct 25, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>When the Donald makes an equal offer for Romney's tax returns, I might consider it legitimate until that time I'd give three bucks to a wino to have Trump release that squirrel from his head.
Romney DID release his tax returns and also a legitimate summary of his tax returns from the past 10 years that wasn't even challenged by anyone on the left - which should tell you something.

Hard to believe anyone would give up $5 million dollars to charity just to keep their past under lock and key.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#783619 Oct 25, 2012
Republicans 4 America wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, YOU MORON!! BABIES HATE OBAMA BECAUSE HE IS FOR ABORTING THEM.
GOD ISN'T TOO HAPPY WITH HIM TOO, NOR WITH YOUR LAME STUPID ASS.!
Babies hate Mitt, just like they hated Bush and McCain:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1... !/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/ derivatives/gallery_635/mitt-r omney-arizona.jpg
Nobama

Blue Bell, PA

#783620 Oct 25, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I still haven't come to a conclusion as to when Colin Powel chose to be a Marxist communist.
Powell's endorsement is based on race.....

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#783621 Oct 25, 2012
yepperz wrote:
The basic gist is twofold. One, when Gallup is far apart form other polls, Gallup is usually wrong. The second is that Gallup's history of Presidential tracking is very odd, and prone to huge swings that don't show up in the results of other pollsters.
Here are a few examples he cites:
In 2008, Gallup put Obama 11 points ahead of McCain on election eve. Other polls averaged an Obama lead of 7 points. The other polls were correct.
In 2000, Gallup put George W. Bush a stunning 16 points ahead of Al Gore in August.
Then later in 2000, in September, it put Al Gore up by 10 points.
Then in October 2000, George W. Bush was back up by 13 points. No other pollster had swings remotely this wild.
In 1996 at one point, Bill Clinton was up by 25 points over Bob Dole. And that was just 4 days apart from Clinton's 9-point lead. A ridiculous swing.
Bottom line: Gallup swings wildly and it frequently has results not in line with other pollsters.
http://www.businessinsider.com/nate-silver-on...
The latest Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll finds President Obama had a lead of 53% to 42% among the 17% of the surveyed registered voters who said they had already cast their vote.
In the crucial swing state of Ohio, a new Time poll finds Obama holds a two-to-one lead over Romney among those who have voted early, 60% to 30%.
O'bama has been running bus loads of voters in Ohio to the polls--bus ride, lunch and a carton of cigs. Suchs a deals we got for you. They did the same thing in my state of Wisconsin during the 2010 elections. We know how that turned out.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#783622 Oct 25, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Get some freakin rest lady you've poundin that keyboard of yours for three straight days and it shows.
BECAUSE I SEE what is happening to Our Nation
and WANT to HELP this Country!

Romney/Ryan 2012

Even After 37 Years...Even I Can Still Be Breathless

Yesterday, I got a call out of the blue from

**********the father of one of the Americans who was murdered in Benghazi, Libya.*********

Charles Woods explained that he never calls talk shows, but was upset over news he had heard and just decided to call me.

He talked about his son, Tyrone Woods, who was killed along with Ambassador Chris Stevens and two other Americans who were trying to save the life of the Ambassador.

After 37 years, there are still days that this business takes your breath away.

http://www.kxl.com/pages/lars_larson

You, libTARDS are too DUMB to SEE iT!
Republicans 4 America

Falls Church, VA

#783623 Oct 25, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I know youíre confuse but thatís impossible because you canít confuse a Liberal/Democrat there born Confuse!! You need to repeat after meÖPresident Romney now relax just let it flow President Romney!!
LOL
BORN CONFUSED?
I GUESS THAT EXPLAINS THE SAME SEX THING, AND SEX CHANGE THING AS WELL... WHY MEN WANTING TO BE A WOMAN AND WOMEN WANTING TO BE MEN!! LOL
FCKED UP IS THE CORRECT WORD FOR IT BUT I'LL WILL BE NICE LIKE YOU AND SAY THEY ARE JUST COMFUSED.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#783625 Oct 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney DID release his tax returns and also a legitimate summary of his tax returns from the past 10 years that wasn't even challenged by anyone on the left - which should tell you something.
Hard to believe anyone would give up $5 million dollars to charity just to keep their past under lock and key.
Homer has never seen his 2009 tax returns, you know the ones he paid waaaay less percentagewise than Homer did. That is really pissing me off.
leosnana

San Leandro, CA

#783626 Oct 25, 2012
I just did such a huge PussyFart that it cleared out the whole trailer,everyone except Lily who wallows in it
Nobama

Blue Bell, PA

#783627 Oct 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's God's will.
more likely drinking, drugs, etc......
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#783628 Oct 25, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> She makes crap up and then starts believing what she made up. Does it all the time.
Bah, West Virgina's defense sucks and you blame it on someone blackmailing them. Talk about making crap up.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#783629 Oct 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to believe that that piece of garbage Da Donald could continue to stoop so low and think he has leverage over the President of the United States.
He has no intention of doing anything for charity; if he did then he'd just do it and shut the hell up. He wants attention and people need to stop giving it to him, he makes your party look like a ship of fools.
Mitt should release his tax returns for 10 years.

http://s8.postimage.org/5jolhgmkl/560980_4138...
dim

Boston, MA

#783630 Oct 25, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You "hear"??? BTW, the term is spelled larceny, but there's no one like you reichies for petty, Waxballs.
leosnana loves pointing out typos, and then makes them....

Quite the quintessential dingbat.
Nobama

Blue Bell, PA

#783631 Oct 25, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, then why are these creeps running for the Senate making rape and abortion their number one issue? Why has their been over 1000 pieces of anti womens reproductive rights legislation?
Do they think that if women are raped and forced to have these babies that it helps the economy?
you could have 100 born-again evangelical Christians in the US Senate and they could not do a single thing to make abortion illegal....

it's a totally bogus issue to divert attention from Obama's economic collapse....
dim

Boston, MA

#783632 Oct 25, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Powell's endorsement is based on race.....
Correct.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#783634 Oct 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It was 52 - 46 the other day, Romney's bounce losing steam.
What do you think of Mitts new campaign poster?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#783635 Oct 25, 2012
for Obama wrote:
He inherited a busted economy thanks to the Republicans. He knew it was'nt going to be fixed in his term. But, he has done alot! The banks are starting to loan money and the Auto Industry is on it's feet again. I trust him! Going the right direction President!
General Motors is heading for bankruptcy again!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/201...

President Obama is proud of his bailout of General Motors. Thatís good, because, if he wins a second term, he is probably going to have to bail GM out again. The company is once again losing market share, and it seems unable to develop products that are truly competitive in the U.S. market.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#783637 Oct 25, 2012
The class of African American political and cultural misleaders who infest many of our black pulpits, who run most of our black newspapers, radio and TV outlets, and who have surrendered most of the black conversation to the dictates of marketing, are spearheading a war against the livelihoods and security of ordinary black families. Atlanta's Black Mecca provides one of the clearest examples.
The late Kwame Toure used to say that there was a war in progress, a war against black people, and that we seemed to be the only ones who didn't know it. The war at the heart of today's black polity has a similar character. It's war between the black elite, our own native class of African American cultural and political misleaders, and the rest of us. And since that class of misleaders possesses near-exclusive access to our black pulpits and newspapers, the radio and TV stations most of us listen to, it's no surprise that only one side is awake and aware.

Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed is a rising black star in Democratic political circles who enjoys the favor of big corporate donors like Home Depot, SunTrust and Bank of America, because he is a tireless warrior against, not for, the interests of most black people in Atlanta and around the nation. Reed is widely credited in corporate media like the Wall Street Journal for having solved the intractable problem of ballooning pensions for city workers, which they say threatened to bankrupt the city.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Gainesville, FL

#783638 Oct 25, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So what's up with the love affair with SQUIRREL? A heartfelt tribute to the movie UP starring everyone's favorite uber liberal Ed Asner?
Whatever a dog is thinking or doing (at least out dog, who is a hunter spaniel), when a squirrel shows up in his line of vision, anything going on around him drops from his mind, he forgets what he is doing, and the ONLY thing in the world is for him to be chasing that squirrel. So if someone tries to change the subject from something important to something distracting, we dog owners just yell, "Squirrel" to point out how incredibly dumb the tactic is.

That's what the dumbest of liberals are like if they do try to think logically...someone like Lily will scream RAPE or WAR ON WOMEN and they are to forget about all the other aspects involved in this election and focus on an aspect that is NOT the most important thing facing all of us today.

Thank God there probably aren't TOO many women that STUPID, but I'm sure Lily's (and democrat tactics) work on some. Especially on young, low-info voters.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#783639 Oct 25, 2012
Republicans 4 America wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
BORN CONFUSED?
I GUESS THAT EXPLAINS THE SAME SEX THING, AND SEX CHANGE THING AS WELL... WHY MEN WANTING TO BE A WOMAN AND WOMEN WANTING TO BE MEN!! LOL
FCKED UP IS THE CORRECT WORD FOR IT BUT I'LL WILL BE NICE LIKE YOU AND SAY THEY ARE JUST COMFUSED.
You're "comfused" alright:

carol

Orlando, FL

#783640 Oct 25, 2012
dem wrote:
I don't really think there are fake janes and carols.
They are making fun of themselves for attention.
Oops, wrong again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 58 min Shamrock 33
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Pasquali 10,588
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 240,356
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr RACE 105,133
My heart is open for a real man~ 5 hr SpreadUrThighs 10
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 5 hr SENIORS---------READ 7
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 5 hr OutlawHalalFOODS 14

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages