Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460465 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Hire_the_GOP

United States

#779853 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come up with this stuff? Fox News? You wish it would go down in history as that. The fact is that most Americans don't care about it. They're more concerned with getting their President re-elected.
Vote for Mitt...

Save American diplomats....
change

Jeff, KY

#779855 Oct 22, 2012
Romney will have another good debate tonight.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#779856 Oct 22, 2012
WeThe People wrote:
<quoted text>
the president commands and directs the military and is responsible for planning military strategy
And he did a superb job planning the Bin Laden mission and the ousting of Ghadaffi.
BIN LADEN AND GHADAFFI ARE DEAD. G.M. IS ALIVE!
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 - KEEPING AMERICA SAFE, MOVING AMERICA FORWARD!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779857 Oct 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, explain to us how a video that didn't even exist when the attacks were planned and got a total of 17, that's SEVENTEEN hits from around the entire world in the whole 3 months it was on the internet caused the commemorative 3000 Americans killed on 9/11 Arab celebratory attacks....
And, why did Obama and the Democrats throw the First Amendment under the bus instead of standing up for the United States and our Constitution?
And why is the Al Qaeda facility Al Qaeda trained in for the Benghazi attack not bombed to smithereens yet?
What the hell is Obama waiting for?
Can I hear you say something really stupid like "Al Qaeda is on the ropes" for us. We need a good laugh this morning.
Planned?

So which FOX talking head told you that?

If you peeps had to think on your own.....this sure wouldn't be so much fun. Though one would think that sooner or later you nutjobs would get a bigger barrel.
Da Bammy

Stroudsburg, PA

#779859 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>President Obama simply showed a little cultural understanding by bowing when he met the king of Saudi Arabia.
Uh huh.
change

Jeff, KY

#779860 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>President Obama simply showed a little cultural understanding by bowing when he met the king of Saudi Arabia.
Our President SHOULD NOT BE BOWING TO NO ONE ON THIS EARTH.
Obamasnakeoil

London, KY

#779862 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
The Ignorance of Let terrorism and anarchy reign?

FAILED Foreign Policy!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
America FOR america again-NOt against it!!
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#779863 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama is one of the greatest world leaders of our time. There are countless accomplishments made during his Presidency, far too many to mention here. America has prospered and become a much safer nation under his superb leadership.
Move the rock....reality awaits you!!!!
Obamasnakeoil

London, KY

#779865 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned?
If you peeps had to think on your own.....this sure wouldn't be so much fun. Though one would think that sooner or later you nutjobs would get a bigger barrel.
Duh new an improoved al qeada---no planning needed--use duh cwustal bawrls for that nice line the streets with militia for that "spontaneous" target practice session.

Idiot.
Now run along and suck up your spoon fulls of snake oil for duh day.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779866 Oct 22, 2012
CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks

The Romney campaign may have misfired with its suggestion that statements by President Obama and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice about the Benghazi attack last month weren’t supported by intelligence, according to documents provided by a senior U.S. intelligence official.

“Talking points” prepared by the CIA on Sept. 15, the same day that Rice taped three television appearances, support her description of the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate as a reaction to Arab anger about an anti-Muslim video prepared in the United States. According to the CIA account,“The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bengha...

The official said the only major change he would make now in the CIA’s Sept. 15 talking points would be to drop the word “spontaneous” and substitute “opportunistic.” He explained that there apparently was “some pre-coordination but minimal planning.”
WeThePeople

London, KY

#779867 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
And he did a superb job planning the Bin Laden mission and the ousting of Ghadaffi.
BIN LADEN AND GHADAFFI ARE DEAD. G.M. IS ALIVE!
OBAMA-BIDEN 2012 - KEEPING AMERICA SAFE, MOVING AMERICA FORWARD!!!
"WE are Al qeada"

America SEETHES.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!!!!!!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779869 Oct 22, 2012
Rhetorically, Romney presents himself as the reincarnation of Theodore Roosevelt or Ronald Reagan — as a strong, proud, principled leader in a turbulent world. He contrasts this with a ridiculous caricature of President Obama as a shrinking Jimmy Carter clone with muddled ideas and a shaky belief in America.

This cartoon script is little more than a ploy to divert voters’ attention from the reality that Romney's foreign policy is an empty shell lacking a solid inner core. The closer you look beneath the rhetoric, the less you see.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/carries-bi...
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#779870 Oct 22, 2012
change wrote:
<quoted text>
Our President SHOULD NOT BE BOWING TO NO ONE ON THIS EARTH.
Why shouldn't he bow to the King of Saudi Arabia? Thanks to the Republican's energy policies, Saudi Arabia owns us now.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#779871 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned?
National Review Online is reporting that the CIA has been lying to the State Department/Administration since the get go. What else is new?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779872 Oct 22, 2012
What Happened in Benghazi

Though I am in no way a fan of President Obama’s foreign and security policies, the flailing that the Republican Party is engaging in at the moment to demonstrate some kind of cover-up in the aftermath of the Benghazi attack reveals a complete lack of understanding of how intelligence collection and analysis works. David Ignatius explores the subject in an op-ed,“CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks.”

Ignatius observes that intelligence is developed when something happens and that evidence is frequently “fragmentary and conflicting.” While there may be such a thing as incontrovertible facts relating to any incident, that solid information is something that frequently cannot be easily discerned. Ignatius notes that Republicans have been beating Obama over the head most recently with the assertion that there was a CIA Station Chief cable the day after the killing of the ambassador that indicated that the attack had been planned and organized by a militant group. But I would bet that there were at least 15 other reports that went out the same day that provided alternative scenarios. If you intercept a cell phone call in which someone is claiming credit for organizing an attack, is he speaking the truth or is he boasting and trying to take credit for some reason or other? If a source in a militia is claiming that he knows who ordered the attack, does he have an agenda that is driving his claim? All of that has to be sorted out, which takes time and cross checking. At the present time, it does appear that the “Innocence of Muslims” video did play a role in the attack and the contention that it was a fully-orchestrated al-Qaeda event seems unlikely.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/intell...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#779873 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Bill Clinton Hammers Romney and Warns Voters Not to Be Fooled By His Lies
"I had a different reaction to that first debate than a lot of people did. I mean I thought – wow. Here’s old moderate Mitt. Where have you been, boy, I missed you all these last few years. But I was paying attention in the last two years, and it was like one of these Bain Capital deals, you know where he’s the closer. So he shows up, doesn’t really know much about the deals and says, tell me what I’m supposed to say to close.
The problem with this deal is the deal was made by severe conservative Mitt. That was how he described himself for two whole years, until three or four days before the debate, they all got together and said, hey, Mitt – this ship is sinking faster than the Titanic, but people are still frustrated about the economy they wanted fixed yesterday. So just show up with a sunny face and say I didn’t say all that stuff I said the last two years. I don’t have that tax plan I had for the last two years. You going to believe me or your lying eyes here? Come on! What are you doing?
And if I’d been the president I might have said, well I hate to get in the way of this. I miss you."
http://www.politicususa.com/bill-clinton-hamm...
... like Bill Clinton has any credibility.
WeThePeople

London, KY

#779874 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks
The Romney campaign may have misfired with its suggestion that statements by President Obama and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice about the Benghazi attack last month weren’t supported by intelligence, according to documents provided by a senior U.S. intelligence official.
“Talking points” prepared by the CIA on Sept. 15, the same day that Rice taped three television appearances, support her description of the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate as a reaction to Arab anger about an anti-Muslim video prepared in the United States. According to the CIA account,“The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. Consulate and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bengha...
The official said the only major change he would make now in the CIA’s Sept. 15 talking points would be to drop the word “spontaneous” and substitute “opportunistic.” He explained that there apparently was “some pre-coordination but minimal planning.”
WTH are we shipping arms to al qeada "opportunisTIC" rebels in Libya?

FAILED Foreign Policy!!!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#779875 Oct 22, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's incredible that there's still lap dogs like you out there. Even a low-life bilge rat knows enough to flee a sinking ship. Don't worry about any embarrassment, few people actually know who you are - for those that do, you can always use the ever popular, "I was against him before I was for him." routine.
Or I'll just use dolt Rmoney's catch-all statement, "I dont remember what I said but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was."
WeThePeople

London, KY

#779876 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why shouldn't he bow to the King of Saudi Arabia? Thanks to the Republican's energy policies, Saudi Arabia owns us now.
KEYSTONE??????????

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!!!!!!!!!
America FOR America again-NOT against it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779877 Oct 22, 2012
"At the present time, it does appear that the “Innocence of Muslims” video did play a role in the attack and the contention that it was a fully-orchestrated al-Qaeda event seems unlikely."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/intell...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr District 1 231,241
Chicagoland bartenders and waitresses NEVER hug... 5 hr Tourism warning 1
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Dudley 7,968
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 2,764
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 1,977
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Burn Gas for Fun 62,366
Are democrats destroyed? 9 hr enter username 17

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages