Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1250862 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Florida

Tampa, FL

#779521 Oct 21, 2012
Can a real democrat give good reason why we should vote for Obama in 2012?
-
Obama's SHOVEL READY Jobs Program to Combat Unemployment...
-
&NR =1
-
It's the culture....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#779522 Oct 21, 2012
CORNHOLEIS wrote:
<quoted text>
TELL ME THIS, BIFF, ARE YOU STILL ENJOYING YOUSELF HEARTILY IN CHATROOMS DURING YOUR RETIREMENT?
Why yes, except for the occasional liberal buttplug, most everyone is real nice. Why do you ask?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#779525 Oct 21, 2012
kidritalin wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, Obama is a clear thinker... he clearly thinks he is the king dictator of the USA. But his 4 year history more clearly proves he has done nothing for the American people (except increase unemployment, racial tensions, class warfare, not to mention the national debt).
Unfortunately, it's the uneducated welfare lifer whites, and 99% of blacks that want him in power regardless of who he really is.
Queen Moochelle tells the sad story of Barack Hussein's rusted car, undersized shoes, and dumpster furniture.....but the guy was a graduate of Harvard Law School....What's up??
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#779526 Oct 21, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
That clears EVERYTHING up! Thanks so very much!
LOL! Good one.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#779527 Oct 21, 2012
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
One more thing..."we the American people", want same quality healthcare as our politicians ...
Actually, we want our politicians to have the same health-care we do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#779528 Oct 21, 2012
Why have we not conducted strikes to totally destroy the AQIM training camps in eastern Libya where Al Qaeda trained for the assault on the Banghazi consulate compound?

What the f**k is Obama waiting for?

If this makes you wonder what side Obama is on, don't feel alone. He's obviously been a jihadist all along.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#779529 Oct 21, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
If Kadaffi was still in power, the ambassador would be alive, that's a fact. There's not an an arab muslim country in the world that wouldn't devolve into islamofascism without a dictator strongman, it's all they know or want.
Obama has completely upset the balance of Power in the Middle East... Now all that's left is an Obama adrift, apologizing, bowing, still asleep at the wheel, surviving on slogans that are already tired, obama grasping at a moment that has already passed, like a ship trying to sail on yesterday's wind...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#779530 Oct 21, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Obama has completely upset the balance of Power in the Middle East... Now all that's left is an Obama adrift, apologizing, bowing, still asleep at the wheel, surviving on slogans that are already tired, obama grasping at a moment that has already passed, like a ship trying to sail on yesterday's wind...
-
It's the culture...
The attact was apparently 8 hours in duration?
The best possible forces to resolve the entire
problem was less that 2 hours away? The French
Special Forces are in Libya? They are also in
Afghanistan serving along side our troops..If
Clinton was not so inexperienced,and Dumb,One
phone call would have brought hell fire down
on the Murderers of our Americans??? Choppers'
with Missiles,Paras,Dropping in on the Massacre
But then that would take brains,balls,and some
modicum of Foreign Affairs gone wrong experience?
Well lets stop the pretenders fkg up even more
again? Romney 2012..........

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#779531 Oct 21, 2012
kidritalin wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, Obama is a clear thinker... he clearly thinks he is the king dictator of the USA. But his 4 year history more clearly proves he has done nothing for the American people (except increase unemployment, racial tensions, class warfare, not to mention the national debt).
Unfortunately, it's the uneducated welfare lifer whites, and 99% of blacks that want him in power regardless of who he really is.
Please don’t insult the intelligence of those who know the facts, or embarrass yourself, by misrepresenting the facts and then concluding your diatribe with racist comments that you prefer to blame on others rather than owning them yourself. Those strategies only work with other the Fox “News” loyalists.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#779532 Oct 21, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and they have elected a human rights lawyer as Prime Minister, who has vowed to dismantle and disarm the militias. They Libyans are greatful for President Obama's help in getting rid of Khaddafy. A good sign.
Exactly, and remember it was the French who went in first. These are the guys who turned their back on Bush anytime he entered a room.
They told Bush there were NO WMD's in Iraq before he invaded and of course they know nothing. Only with their history of involvement in the middle east you think their opinion might have counted but it wasn't. Same as they broke the story almost a decade ago about Lance Amstrong doping, it was dismissed as well.
Yet Obama comes to office and suddenly foriegn policy becomes smarter. The French and the Europeans talk to his admin and co-operate. No more was this illustrated in Libya where almost everyone got involved in the process of enforcing the no fly zone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#779533 Oct 21, 2012
kidritalin wrote:
Does anyone know WHO OBAMA REALLY IS? Only, that he is in his heart Muslim by his father side...
Church was only cover-up ...he was associated with America haters, alot! He is not looking for the best interest of America and the American people...when he bowed to Saudi King, he disrespected America and the American people!!!!!
That was DISGRACE! Where was his PRIDE?????

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#779534 Oct 21, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Queen Moochelle tells the sad story of Barack Hussein's rusted car, undersized shoes, and dumpster furniture.....but the guy was a graduate of Harvard Law School....What's up??
-
It's the culture...
You're lying.

Obama met Michelle when he was a law student during a summer internship.

Law students don;'t make the big bucks.

What else to expect from a right whiner stooping to call the First Lady names. How pathetic are you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#779535 Oct 21, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
Why have we not conducted strikes to totally destroy the AQIM training camps in eastern Libya where Al Qaeda trained for the assault on the Banghazi consulate compound?
What the f**k is Obama waiting for?
If this makes you wonder what side Obama is on, don't feel alone. He's obviously been a jihadist all along.
So, you're going with Al Qaida attacking the consulate in Libya.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#779536 Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#779537 Oct 21, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
If Kadaffi was still in power, the ambassador would be alive, that's a fact. There's not an an arab muslim country in the world that wouldn't devolve into islamofascism without a dictator strongman, it's all they know or want.

So, you think Bush was an idiot for invading Iraq?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#779538 Oct 21, 2012
TACITUS wrote:
I ALMOS' AFRAID TO ASK WHO "JJ" IS?
perhaps you should be.

though you don't remember what you stated to new yawk, the truth of those words still linger in your psyche.

"i find you reasonable yet somewhat dangerous".

that is when i threw the breast dagger and plunged it into the soft hollow skin right below your adams apple cutting off your air supply. i did warn you in advance my breasts were dangerous.
you should've yielded while there was still time.

ahhh, and in the silence i can still hear the sound of your gasping. GACK! GAACK! GACCKK! GAAACCKKK!!!

and new yawk make herself laugh!!!

you know who jj is. and so do i.

am i new yawk? or the real new yawk?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#779539 Oct 21, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
The noble George Bush tried to reign in the abuses, Bawney Frank had a hissy fit on the floor of the House, even started crying, stamping his little feet, rolling on the floor and pulling his hair out, it was pretty disgusting.
You're dumber than dumbasswriter.

Barney Frank did it. From a minority position in the House?

The big tough Republicans let a fat gay guy beat them into a worthless bunch of wimps.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Tampa, FL

#779540 Oct 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying.
Obama met Michelle when he was a law student during a summer internship.
Law students don;'t make the big bucks.
What else to expect from a right whiner stooping to call the First Lady names. How pathetic are you?
Put-up or shut-up RealDave... Prove obama is not an affirmative action President...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEBIL

Chicago, IL

#779541 Oct 21, 2012
I'VE SPENT THE LAST HOUR IN A HOMEMADE SWEAT LODGE I BUILT OUT IN THE BACKYARD CONSIDERING MY ACTIONS OF THE LAST FEW YEARS AND I'D JUST LIKE TO ASK FORGIVENESS FROM ALL OF YOU... AND TOPIX... AND MY MOM. I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING A JERK IN HERE AND IN SO MANY OTHER PLACES - I PARTICULARLY BEG FORGIVENESS OF THE LONG SUFFERING BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, I KNOW YOU GUYS HAVE HAD TO BURY SOME OF YOUR OWN - DURING THESE PERIODIC ELECTION CYCLES. SORRY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE AMENDS TO THE MANY KIND AND GENTLE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BRIGHTENED MY LONELY AND DIFFICULT DAYS FOR SO MANY YEARS. I WON'T BOTHER YOU ANY LONGER. I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#779542 Oct 21, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really getting senile, davey, Here's your reminder of why we are where we are:
The Government-Created Subprime Mortgage Meltdown
by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
Get a grip. The CRA excuse??? Really.

My God, you think banks should be able to discriminate. You really are just another dunbass Republican.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Enter 192,054
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 42 min happy 4th 52,018
News Should we really be OK with the surgical remova... 48 min An NFL Fan 89
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 49 min RACE 99,880
Ask Amy 7-1-15 52 min Blunt Advice 5
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 53,930
Dear Abby 7-1-15 1 hr Blunt Advice 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages