Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1657177 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#779969 Oct 22, 2012
You see, Ms. Love's district is more than 85 percent Caucasian. If she wins, it would be because of conservative white voters, and thereupon she would join a small but growing list of African-American Republicans who have represented predominantly white districts.

Alas, we still await the day a conservative African-American Republican will do what has never been done: win in a racially mixed district.

That accomplishment will mark the beginning of a new era — a time when it just may become more generally acceptable for a prominent African-American to espouse Republican principles.

The momentous event will also begin an even more important discussion about what all this wholesale support for the Democratic Party has brought to the African-American community. A quick glance at the state of urban education, black teenage unemployment, multigenerational poverty, and black family income would be a good place to begin this long-overdue debate.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#779970 Oct 22, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't there a little death involved during Romney's time in France?
Yeah, he and Laura have more in common than just trying to have as ittle to do with Dumbya as possible.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779971 Oct 22, 2012
Intelligence Shows No Planning for Benghazi Consulate Attack

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...
Barry H O

New York, NY

#779972 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rmoney once hog-tied a sick dog to the top of his luxury sedan so he wouldn't puke all over the leather interior while he and Ann were making a cross-country trip to one of their numerous vacation mansions. The dog was covered up to avoid outrage from other motorists and the police. Michael Vick would have been proud. And you want a man like this in the White House?
I always treated my dogs well, as in medium well after marinating for several hours and slow roasting over a spit. Nice and crispy and the fat drips out, which Michelle prefers over frying.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779973 Oct 22, 2012
Previewing the Foreign Policy Debate (II)

According to this Politico article, Romney understands that he isn’t likely to win tonight’s debate:

Mitt Romney has a clear-eyed and self-aware view of his chances in the final debate Monday, according to top advisers: It will be almost impossible to win, since the debate is focused exclusively on foreign policy, a strength for President Barack Obama.

Since Romney is generally expected to lose tonight, the more interesting political aspect of the debate is whether that loss will be a large or a very small one. Narrowly losing a foreign policy debate might be enough to limit damage to the Republican ticket’s standing. Barring a major error by Obama, the debate’s impact on the election will depend on whether Romney performs well enough to be perceived as competent or appears once again to be out of his depth.

Based on his public statements, Romney’s understanding of these issues ranges from poor to mediocre, and the more he is forced to answer in detail the more difficult things will become for him. Obama’s goal will be to draw him into exchanges that force him to do this, and the extent of Romney’s loss will be determined by how often Romney can escape from those exchanges without blundering. Romney’s goals will be to survive the evening without inflicting any major wounds on himself, and to distinguish himself from George W. Bush enough that most viewers don’t think his foreign policy would be a disaster waiting to happen.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
TSM

United States

#779974 Oct 22, 2012
Can you spell incompetence….Obama!! Joe Klein said the Libya consulate has been like the October mirage - it really isn't an issue, sort of like Obama saying “Just a Bump in the Road”
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#779975 Oct 22, 2012
Romney and Obama have failed to propose bold steps to reduce the nation’s staggering debt, Farrakhan added.

“If Obama and Romney — and Congress — don’t want to deal effectively with the debt, they will keep kicking the can down the road. These children won’t have a future, because debt is another form of slavery,” he said.

To highlight the point, he sang “America (My Country ‘Tis of Thee)” but substituted the words “sweet land of liberty” with “sweet land of slavery.”

Farrakhan said Obama “wants to be his own man” but that Obama and Romney are controlled by “monied interests.”

“We have liars for leaders,” he said.

Paul, a Republican congressman from Texas, seemed more willing to take bold steps to tackle some of the biggest sources of America’s debt, including Social Security and Medicare, Farrakhan said.

Farrakhan said he supports Paul’s position that the U.S. should stop underwriting Israel’s national security and should close overseas military bases. He and Paul also are critical of the Federal Reserve’s measures to bolster the economy, which they say are inflationary.

Farrakhan, meanwhile, praised former President Bill Clinton for raising taxes on the rich, which he said helped produce a budget surplus by the time Clinton left office.
carol

Orlando, FL

#779976 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come up with this stuff? Fox News? You wish it would go down in history as that. The fact is that most Americans don't care about it. They're more concerned with getting their President re-elected.
It was the first question asked by the CNN moderator in the VP debate and I imagine it will be the first of many to follow in the foreign policy presidential debate tonight.

Even Jon Stewart made a point of bringing it up when the president was the guest on his show recently.

It's not going anywhere. Trust me. We want answers.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#779977 Oct 22, 2012
Farrakhan referred to homosexuality as “the death of the human family” and blasted the notion of gay marriage. He also warned that America appears headed for another war.

Farrakhan, who dined last month with Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in New York during the United Nations General Assembly, said:“Maybe our time as a nation is up and something new, something better is coming.... America is the modern Rome, Iran is the modern Persia. We’re heading toward a war. The entire Middle East is getting ready to explode.
fred

Milford, CT

#779978 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So for all who know that facts have a liberal bias, I ask your forgiveness.
The Kenyan repeats massive crime of 2008. Funds campaign with terrorist money

DONATE-GATE: Several reports over the weekend show that the Obama campaign is doing a horrible job at screening out/preventing illegal foreign donations. Donate-gate is growing.

A small scale test by the New York Post revealed the Obama campaign accepted an illegal online donation from a man from London. The same man was unable to make a contribution to Romney, whose online site rejected the mismatched credit card and fake US zip code.

A Government Accountability Institute (GAI) report revealed that by the end of September, the Obama campaign raked in $2,199,204.38 from donations from non-existent zip codes.

Will tonight’s debate moderator, Bob Schieffer, ask Obama about these disturbing facts?
carol

Orlando, FL

#779980 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Bill Clinton Hammers Romney and Warns Voters Not to Be Fooled By His Lies
"I had a different reaction to that first debate than a lot of people did. I mean I thought – wow. Here’s old moderate Mitt. Where have you been, boy, I missed you all these last few years. But I was paying attention in the last two years, and it was like one of these Bain Capital deals, you know where he’s the closer. So he shows up, doesn’t really know much about the deals and says, tell me what I’m supposed to say to close.
The problem with this deal is the deal was made by severe conservative Mitt. That was how he described himself for two whole years, until three or four days before the debate, they all got together and said, hey, Mitt – this ship is sinking faster than the Titanic, but people are still frustrated about the economy they wanted fixed yesterday. So just show up with a sunny face and say I didn’t say all that stuff I said the last two years. I don’t have that tax plan I had for the last two years. You going to believe me or your lying eyes here? Come on! What are you doing?
And if I’d been the president I might have said, well I hate to get in the way of this. I miss you."
http://www.politicususa.com/bill-clinton-hamm...
Clinton said it himself. Romney is a moderate. We need a moderate about now. He has to get elected first by not only moderates but conservatives.

Romney balanced the budget in Massachusetts with a predominantly Democrat Congress. That speaks reams about his ability to work with the opposition and still get things done.

One of the major reasons to elect Romney is precisely because of his ability to reach across the aisle. Don't you think it's time we had someone who knew how to bring both sides together?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#779981 Oct 22, 2012
Jonathan Hemlock wrote:
Romney and Obama have failed to propose bold steps to reduce the nation’s staggering debt, Farrakhan added.
“If Obama and Romney — and Congress — don’t want to deal effectively with the debt, they will keep kicking the can down the road. These children won’t have a future, because debt is another form of slavery,” he said.
To highlight the point, he sang “America (My Country ‘Tis of Thee)” but substituted the words “sweet land of liberty” with “sweet land of slavery.”
Farrakhan said Obama “wants to be his own man” but that Obama and Romney are controlled by “monied interests.”
“We have liars for leaders,” he said.
Paul, a Republican congressman from Texas, seemed more willing to take bold steps to tackle some of the biggest sources of America’s debt, including Social Security and Medicare, Farrakhan said.
Farrakhan said he supports Paul’s position that the U.S. should stop underwriting Israel’s national security and should close overseas military bases. He and Paul also are critical of the Federal Reserve’s measures to bolster the economy, which they say are inflationary.
Farrakhan, meanwhile, praised former President Bill Clinton for raising taxes on the rich, which he said helped produce a budget surplus by the time Clinton left office.
Quite interesting, seriously.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#779982 Oct 22, 2012
TSM wrote:
Can you spell incompetence….Obama!! Joe Klein said the Libya consulate has been like the October mirage - it really isn't an issue, sort of like Obama saying “Just a Bump in the Road”
You are finally calling it a consulate?

For three weeks you dumb dumbs called it the embassy!

4 years of constant crying on here from right wingers?

YOU GET FOUR MORE!

ELECT THE GENIUS!

PRESIDENT OBAMA.

bin laden say what?

A crab just ate your azzzzzzhole?

A sea snake scarfed up your eyes?

Can't make a weekly video like with Bushy?

OBAMA! MADE THE WHOLE WORLD SAFER!
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#779983 Oct 22, 2012
On 29 May 2012, the New York Times published a remarkable 6,000-word story on its front page about what it termed President Obama's "kill list". It detailed the president's personal role in deciding which individuals will end up being targeted for assassination by the CIA based on Obama's secret, unchecked decree that they are "terrorists" and deserve to die.

Based on interviews with "three dozen of his current and former advisers", the Times' Jo Becker and Scott Shane provided extraordinary detail about Obama's actions, including how he "por[es] over terrorist suspects' biographies on what one official calls the macabre 'baseball cards'" and how he "insist[s] on approving every new name on an expanding 'kill list'". At a weekly White House meeting dubbed "Terror Tuesdays", Obama then decides who will die without a whiff of due process, transparency or oversight. It was this process that resulted in the death of US citizen Anwar Awlaki in Yemen, and then two weeks later, the killing of his 16-year-old American son, Abdulrahman, by drone.

The Times "kill list" story made a huge impact and was widely discussed and condemned by media figures, politicians, analysts, and commentators. Among other outlets, the New York Times itself harshly editorialized against Obama's program in an editorial entitled "Too Much Power For a President", denouncing the revelations as "very troubling" and argued: "No one in that position should be able to unilaterally order the killing of American citizens or foreigners located far from a battlefield - depriving Americans of their due-process rights - without the consent of someone outside his political inner circle."
carol

Orlando, FL

#779984 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>President Obama simply showed a little cultural understanding by bowing when he met the king of Saudi Arabia.
Leaders of the free world don't bow to anyone. They show respect but the Saudis have been dependent on the United States for protection for decades.

If anyone should have been bowing, it should have been the Saudi king.
mr owl III

Montgomery, AL

#779985 Oct 22, 2012
Pres Obama, narratives, what is and what is not an act of terroism...

"Obama Doctrine: Ft. Hood Was Not Terrorism, Wounded Soldiers Get No Benefits"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/21...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#779986 Oct 22, 2012
AmbassadorStevensandCo wrote:
<quoted text>
How do expalin the uprisings starting a year earlier then DUHHHH A Vey.
Give it up-you really are just too putzy to actually "get" it--
"It" being--FAILED foreign AND domestic (to hell w/the tragedy of the MESS--there's campaining to do) policy!
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Leadership FOR America again-nor draining against-because just campaigning doesn't cut it!
And now you have taken on the name of the dead ambassador? Do you rightwingers not have any respect for anything?
No matter what name you take, you're still the retard from KY. Tic toc
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779987 Oct 22, 2012
Thiessen’s intelligence question misses the point

Lauding the previous occupant of the Oval Office, Thiessen wrote,“By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting.” Given the attacks of Sept. 11 and the misguided war in Iraq that followed, this is a meaningless assertion. Meanwhile, the man Thiessen basically brands a national-security slacker somehow was able to give the order that took out bin Laden. What a president knows is important. What he does with that knowledge is essential to the safety and security of the nation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#779988 Oct 22, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, he and Laura have more in common than just trying to have as ittle to do with Dumbya as possible.
Romney's blimp went down in Davie, Fl!!
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#779989 Oct 22, 2012
MONTANA WILDHACK wrote:
I think I've answered all my mail.
not quite.

you've lost your focus, been reduced to deny reality and have regressed and escaped into a world of fantasy taking refuge behind reality shows that you call crap yet apparently watch ardently. living your life vicariously through sicilian and other italian women, are you?

so much for a real warrior.

you don't even know which person you are talking to.
is it THE new yawk? an imposter? another new yawk?
you know nothing about either new yawk. but both new yawks know alot about you. whoever the new yawks may be.

how many new yawks are there? both of them, the he and the she, are laughing their asses off at you, you ignorant twat.

and having an ISP hider, why didn't new yawk use an alias?

and can you tell me why a raven is like a writing desk?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 243,090
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr what a russsh 11,559
Trump is A 11 hr Chilli J 165
Shouldn't this skank apologize B4 next session? 11 hr SQUAW B Malignant 13
Juanita Broaddrick explains why she supported T... 12 hr BUBBA GUILTY 2
Moore Jones will be close. 12 hr The Predicting Kimd 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 13 hr They cannot kill ... 3,731

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages