Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395067 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#779540 Oct 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying.
Obama met Michelle when he was a law student during a summer internship.
Law students don;'t make the big bucks.
What else to expect from a right whiner stooping to call the First Lady names. How pathetic are you?
Put-up or shut-up RealDave... Prove obama is not an affirmative action President...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEBIL

Lombard, IL

#779541 Oct 21, 2012
I'VE SPENT THE LAST HOUR IN A HOMEMADE SWEAT LODGE I BUILT OUT IN THE BACKYARD CONSIDERING MY ACTIONS OF THE LAST FEW YEARS AND I'D JUST LIKE TO ASK FORGIVENESS FROM ALL OF YOU... AND TOPIX... AND MY MOM. I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING A JERK IN HERE AND IN SO MANY OTHER PLACES - I PARTICULARLY BEG FORGIVENESS OF THE LONG SUFFERING BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, I KNOW YOU GUYS HAVE HAD TO BURY SOME OF YOUR OWN - DURING THESE PERIODIC ELECTION CYCLES. SORRY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE AMENDS TO THE MANY KIND AND GENTLE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BRIGHTENED MY LONELY AND DIFFICULT DAYS FOR SO MANY YEARS. I WON'T BOTHER YOU ANY LONGER. I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#779542 Oct 21, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really getting senile, davey, Here's your reminder of why we are where we are:
The Government-Created Subprime Mortgage Meltdown
by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
Get a grip. The CRA excuse??? Really.

My God, you think banks should be able to discriminate. You really are just another dunbass Republican.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#779543 Oct 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think Bush was an idiot for invading Iraq?
Iraq war John Kerry: I voted for the war before I was against it...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
REPUBLICANS CARE 4 USA

Falls Church, VA

#779544 Oct 21, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Planned Parenthood is a taxpayer funded abortion mill.
Thousands call Planned Parenthood for mammograms after Obama's false claim...
Planned parenthood was to educate people on being more responsible, when it comes to having sex. Using something etc. Now a days if you opt out of it in school, you are look at as weird, and made to sit out in the hallway of your school. How they teach kids now is wrong. It is look at as go have sex, if you get knocked up, just get rid of THE PROBLEM" . It is your body, and your choice, so no one should give a damn. A baby isn't THE PROBLEM, IT IS A HUMANBEING, NO MATTER HOW SMALL IT HAPPENS TO BE.

THE I'LL DO WHAT I FCKING WANT DEMONBRATS, ARE THE ONES TO DRESS LESS, AND WONDER WHY MEN ATTACK AND WANT TO RAP THEM. THEN WHEN THEY GET KNOCKED UP, THEY CALL THE BABY THE PROBLEM AND WILL ABORT IT. THIS GOES FOR THE WOMEN THAT ARE EASY TO GET IN BED TOO.

A BABY ISN'T A PROBELM. THE PROBLEM STARTS WITH YOU DEMONBRATS THAT THINK WITH THE WRONG END.

THEN THE DEMONBRATS SIT BACK AND WONDER WHY OUR SOCIETY IS LIKE IT IS.

THE DEMONBRATS HAVE NO VALUES, MORALS, RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE OR THEIR OWN BODY (SEXY DRESSING), AND WANT TO TAKE GOD OUT OF PEOPLES LIVES.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH DEMONBRATS? DEMONBRATS THINK WHAT IS WRONG IS RIGHT, AND WHAT IS RIGHT IS WRONG.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#779545 Oct 21, 2012
Obama focused on a single man, meanwhile:

Eleven suspected Al Qaeda-linked militants arrested in alleged plot to attack diplomats, foreigners in capital...

http://www.foxnews.com/

THIS IS AFTER Al Qaeda WAS SUCCESSFUL IN LIBYA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEBIL

Lombard, IL

#779546 Oct 21, 2012
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
perhaps you should be.
though you don't remember what you stated to new yawk, the truth of those words still linger in your psyche.
"i find you reasonable yet somewhat dangerous".
that is when i threw the breast dagger and plunged it into the soft hollow skin right below your adams apple cutting off your air supply. i did warn you in advance my breasts were dangerous.
you should've yielded while there was still time.
ahhh, and in the silence i can still hear the sound of your gasping. GACK! GAACK! GACCKK! GAAACCKKK!!!
and new yawk make herself laugh!!!
you know who jj is. and so do i.
am i new yawk? or the real new yawk?
WELL, I OBVIOUSLY HAVE HURT YOU DEEPLY AND I APOLOGIZE.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#779547 Oct 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dumber than dumbasswriter.
Barney Frank did it. From a minority position in the House?
The big tough Republicans let a fat gay guy beat them into a worthless bunch of wimps.
List the legislation that "Fannnie Mae Barney Frank & Freedie Mac Chris Dodd" or other legislation majority 2007 democrats passed that would have prevented the worst recession, this libtard mess, your retarded mess, losing 750,000 jobs per month, in 80+ years when 'w' handed over the keys to the WH and would have closed Gitmo?
-
It's thwe culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

kidritalin

“Conformity Sucks”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#779548 Oct 21, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Queen Moochelle tells the sad story of Barack Hussein's rusted car, undersized shoes, and dumpster furniture.....but the guy was a graduate of Harvard Law School....What's up??
-
It's the culture...
Smart people know it's all a smokescreen to hide Obama's true agenda and who he was and is today. The movie 2016 is a totally accurate , fact filled education that is undeniable. It's possibly one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. But diehard Obama supporters choose to bury their heads in the sand.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#779549 Oct 21, 2012
Why then has the administration, the governor can ask, permitted false allies who despise us to stay in power? Why are we funneling billions in aid to them and letting our young men be sacrificed to their treacheries and connivances?

Why, Mr. President, are we still in Afghanistan? Why are we, politically and diplomatically, in Iraq, whatever brought us to Libya?

Mind, maybe we should be in those places -- but under very different conditions, with very different purposes, on very different terms, than the ones you seem to view as honorable and to our republic's advantage. You have given the American people no indication that you know what serves American interests in those places. You have shown repeatedly that you are more concerned with winning the regard of anti-American Saudi potentates, of Pashtun con-men, or of Shiite clan leaders, than with defending our soldiers' and diplomats' safety and insisting that our interventions in those barbaric lands redound to our advantage. Foreign policy is not philanthropy.

Git R Done Mitt..2012..

link spectator.com

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#779551 Oct 21, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, Dave, did Obama, as Senator, vote no, no, no, on ANY spending bills Bush signed?

He voted no on lots of Bush's spending. Starting with Bus's 2006 budget.

By the time Obama got to the Senate, the groundwork for this recession was already laid.

Thanks to Bush & Ryan.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#779552 Oct 21, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>The difference between liberals and conservatives is liberals could not exist without conservatives to defend their freedom and support them economically. Where as conservatives, can exist and live quite well without liberals... Barack Hussein Obama hasn't been working to earn re-election, he's been working hard to earn a spot on the PGA tour...
-
It;s the culture....
Golfing once eery two weeks.

OMG

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#779553 Oct 21, 2012
Like a "Rolling Train Wreck." Honestly America, this is a Total Embarrassment to the Nation. Worse, Obama and his "Heads" are spitting on the graves of those we lost.
Stop the Madness, 11-6-2012.

http://barracudabrigade.blogspot.com/
THE DEBIL wrote:
I'VE SPENT THE LAST HOUR IN A HOMEMADE SWEAT LODGE I BUILT OUT IN THE BACKYARD CONSIDERING MY ACTIONS OF THE LAST FEW YEARS AND I'D JUST LIKE TO ASK FORGIVENESS FROM ALL OF YOU... AND TOPIX... AND MY MOM. I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING A JERK IN HERE AND IN SO MANY OTHER PLACES - I PARTICULARLY BEG FORGIVENESS OF THE LONG SUFFERING BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, I KNOW YOU GUYS HAVE HAD TO BURY SOME OF YOUR OWN - DURING THESE PERIODIC ELECTION CYCLES. SORRY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE AMENDS TO THE MANY KIND AND GENTLE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BRIGHTENED MY LONELY AND DIFFICULT DAYS FOR SO MANY YEARS. I WON'T BOTHER YOU ANY LONGER. I LOVE YOU GUYS.
Cause you "know" your 'side' is losing ...
Trying to "butter-up" the winning side NOW!!!!
WRONG...

&fe ature=related
http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/daniels-ch...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
REPUBLICANS CARE 4 USA

Falls Church, VA

#779554 Oct 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying.
Obama met Michelle when he was a law student during a summer internship.
Law students don;'t make the big bucks.
What else to expect from a right whiner stooping to call the First Lady names. How pathetic are you?
Oh, really? I thought Obama meet her at a children's film festival.

Oh, and like you never call Mitt and his wife names.

This is to be expected from a stupid leftwinger, that thinks he is more smart than Forrest Gump.

I would ask you the same question. How pathetic are you? We already know, and like your man, you will only side step the question given to you, so why bother.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#779555 Oct 21, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>The difference between liberals and conservatives is liberals could not exist without conservatives to defend their freedom and support them economically. Where as conservatives, can exist and live quite well without liberals... Barack Hussein Obama hasn't been working to earn re-election, he's been working hard to earn a spot on the PGA tour...
-
It;s the culture....
BTW, President Obama has been on vacation 78 days from 2009 to 2011. At the three year mark into their first terms, George W. Bush spent 180 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas and Ronald Reagan spent 112 vacation days at his ranch in California.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

kidritalin

“Conformity Sucks”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#779556 Oct 21, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don’t insult the intelligence of those who know the facts, or embarrass yourself, by misrepresenting the facts and then concluding your diatribe with racist comments that you prefer to blame on others rather than owning them yourself. Those strategies only work with other the Fox “News” loyalists.
There is no need for misrepresentation of facts. I am an open minded, educated, and politically informed. Any campaign that would "expect" it's probable voters to "Vote as though your lady parts depend on it" or vote so you can have an abortion or vote so you can get free birth control is total hogwash ! Really... Vote with your pu**y ??? Are you kidding me? What ever happened to voting with your brain and knowledge? You may as well vote like a racist and vote skin color.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#779557 Oct 21, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Put-up or shut-up RealDave... Prove obama is not an affirmative action President...
-
It's the culture...
Floriduh shows his racist sue for certainly he thinks the only way a black man can get into Harvard is through Affirmative Action.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Van Nuys, CA

#779559 Oct 21, 2012
kidritalin wrote:
<quoted text>Smart people know it's all a smokescreen to hide Obama's true agenda and who he was and is today. The movie 2016 is a totally accurate , fact filled education that is undeniable. It's possibly one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. But diehard Obama supporters choose to bury their heads in the sand.
Please give us some clues from the movie"2016"...
I like to buy it...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#779560 Oct 21, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Golfing once eery two weeks.
OMG
Black slaves are not supposed to golf

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Newville, PA

#779561 Oct 21, 2012
REPUBLICANS CARE 4 USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, really? I thought Obama meet her at a children's film festival.
Oh, and like you never call Mitt and his wife names.
This is to be expected from a stupid leftwinger, that thinks he is more smart than Forrest Gump.
I would ask you the same question. How pathetic are you? We already know, and like your man, you will only side step the question given to you, so why bother.
You really don't know sh*t. They met while Obama was working as a summer intern in the law firm Michelle worked.

I have never called Ann Romney or Laura Bush any names. But hey, thanks for providing cover to the lowlifes calling Michelle Obama & Obama's dead mother names.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min Sublime1 102,466
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Jacques Orleans 216,693
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Into The Night 60,077
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,672
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,693
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,722
Louis trashes the broad. 3 hr bozo and bubba 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages