Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1784527 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#780031 Oct 22, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But, see, Homer...that's exactly how I feel about Obama.
So which one of us is right?
Unless and until Romney has a chance to prove himself, all you have is Obama's dismal record and hiding from the press.
Me, I'm right.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#780032 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Intelligence Shows No Planning for Benghazi Consulate Attack
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...
Are you kidding here?
Watch the video of the attack again. Read the description of the coordinated elements of the attack, to include the main assault, diversionary fire, prevention of support from reaching the battle zone, and the coordination of all these elements.
The more the Democrats promote the ludicrous notion that this wasn't a preplanned attack by a well trained unit specifically trained for this particular attack in the exact facility, the more idiotic the Obama clown act appears.

Watch the video, idiot.

We even know where Al Qaeda trained for the attack.
Why hasn't Obama bombed the smithereens out of that facility in eastern Libya?
What is Obama waiting for?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#780033 Oct 22, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney “balanced every budget without raising taxes.” Yes — Romney never raised personal income taxes. But — in order to balance the budget, Romney increased government fees by hundreds of millions of dollars.
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/romneys-jobs...
Every governor in Mass has to balance the budget; it's in the constitution.
Raising fees is straight out of the Republican governors handbook.
Our illustrious Gov. Rick Scott (who should be in prison, but got put in office by private prison owners), raised fees for everything, doubled the fee for auto registration etc.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#780034 Oct 22, 2012
Democracy Corps, the Democratic polling firm led by James Carville and Stan Greenberg, on Monday released a memo urging the Obama campaign to make a much bolder bid by selling some ideas. Their research found that not only do voters tune out when the President defends his record,
carol

Orlando, FL

#780035 Oct 22, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
What about when your Bushy frenched the guy?
Oui Oui Mitty!
Did he learn that too?
It's called respect!
Something you have never had.
carol: I dreamed a dream, a wet dream of Mitty........
Hiding in France and being "pro war"
I dreamed I had Mitty's 5 Sissy Sons,
Instead of a pogo stick stuck in my buns......
Mitty! Oui Oui Mitty!
Touching of both cheeks was the protocol the Bush administration received on how to greet the King of Saudi Arabia. No kissing involved.

The Pittsburgh Tribune wrote an op-ed about Obama's bow.

"'The Bow’: A troubling metaphor:

"In the least, it was an embarrassing protocol faux pas; Mr. Obama is not the king’s subject but his equal. The Washington Times called it 'a shocking display of fealty to a foreign potentate.' But 'The Bow' actually was worse than that. It’s a troubling metaphor for a deferential presidency."

http://tpzoo.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/the-rig...
RUSH10ME

Newport News, VA

#780036 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Only a small number of Americans believe the moon landings were faked. With today's photographic technology, anything can be faked. I'm waiting for Fox News to release an "authentic video" of the Benghazi incident any day now, making it look much worse than it really was.
Making it look much worse than it really was , really ? WTF? four dead Americans isn't enough for you ??
Patriot

Broomfield, CO

#780037 Oct 22, 2012
ATTENTION | "...Major cloud and radiation spike estimated to hit west coast of USA in two weeks or less..."

http://thecontrail.com/profiles/blogs/red-ale...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#780038 Oct 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are quite the liar. Romney in a closed door fund raiser called the 47& irresponsible among other things.
He said:
"All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax....[M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
A long-winded misspoke..... Tee hee
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#780039 Oct 22, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't a dating site.
Oh fine.
carol

Orlando, FL

#780040 Oct 22, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
What about toungue kissing and back massages?
No tongue kissing. You just live in a parallel universe.

I posted the video. Look for yourself.

Touching cheeks was the protocol received by the White House when greeting the king.
TSM

United States

#780041 Oct 22, 2012
I love how Liberals/Democrats calls others Dumb but who’s playing Defense??

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#780042 Oct 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are quite the liar. Romney in a closed door fund raiser called the 47& irresponsible among other things.
He said:
"All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax....[M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
So, what is inaccurate about that statement?
Everything Romney said in it appears to be accurate. Mostly, people on the government dole will vote to increase the govenment dole - which is what Obama is all about.
Obama's going to get 47 percent of the vote, at best. I think it will be more like 45 percent.
Obama loses in a landslide.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#780043 Oct 22, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read her second sentence? "We need a moderate now"!!!
Everyday a new Mitt, every day a new Carol. No wonder she likes him.
The far rightwingnut Carol now says "We need a moderate"
Thanks for the chuckle Carol!!!
She is moving along with Romney, who knows tomorrow she may be a liberal. She is basically anybody but Obama.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#780044 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologizing.
Obama never said the word 'apology'. All he did was point out the mistakes made by the last administration. Mistakes that are an accepted part of the mainstream narrative.
So really, the whole right wing 'apology' thing stems from a right wing aversion to admitting they voted someone into office that is seen by most of the world as a complete foreign policy failure.
There are many examples of him apologising and appeasing, however I'll just use the most recent one to prove the point. The ads put out in Pakistan to apologise for a comical video, was not only unpresidented but displayed the weakness of this admins foreign policy.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#780045 Oct 22, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He can't even keep a blimp in the air, this guy is friggin useless. This embarrassment will not go unoticed if Romney wins. He seems very vindictive.
This photo of him smiling/smirking after his statement to the press on Libya says it all:

http://llwproductions.files.wordpress.com/201...
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#780046 Oct 22, 2012
It may be that the campaign hasn't cracked how to package what they have in mind. Overselling its ambition risks reminding voters of the ways Obama's first term failed to deliver on the transformational promise of his 2008 campaign. Noting that the jobs bill is in fact leftover work from last year, on the other hand, could lead to the conclusion that the President is out of steam and would only use another four years to serve up reheated hash — a poisonous notion to voters, according to the Democracy Corps findings. But even a poll that found Obama won the second debate produced a big majority who believe he wasn't specific about what he'd do, with more than six in 10 respondents telling CNN Obama didn't offer a clear plan.

In order to win, he may not need to. Getting it done will be a different story.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#780047 Oct 22, 2012
Looking at it wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, What a disgrace to allow those two groups in that scared House. As far as that witch Hillary is concerned we have seen way to much of her already!
Maybe we should cut back on the security detail assigned to her.
It's a "scared" house now...surely you wouldn't suggest that the "sacred" edifice, built by slaves, would be concerned about having such Stepford hypocrites as Mittens, Ann, and the five wee "entitled" lads? BTW, you do know that your Fauxlike email is a hoax?
carol

Orlando, FL

#780048 Oct 22, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Me, I'm right.
Okay, Homer. You can believe that if you want to. I just want you to be happy in your little bubble of denial.

Your happiness is my happiness.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#780049 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologizing.
Obama never said the word 'apology'. All he did was point out the mistakes made by the last administration. Mistakes that are an accepted part of the mainstream narrative.
So really, the whole right wing 'apology' thing stems from a right wing aversion to admitting they voted someone into office that is seen by most of the world as a complete foreign policy failure.
In your own maind.
Just because you think that doesn't mean it's "mainstream."
Having the so-called "mainstream" media spew propaganda across all networks doesn't make it "an accepted part of the mainstream narrative."

For a case in point, your so-called "mainstream" media spent an uncountable number of broadcast hours trying to convince the American public the economic collapse was caused by the Republicans. The height of the duping of the American public with this obvious lie was 54 percent. Today, only about 45 percent of the American public believe that hogwash.
You'd call that little piece of propaganda "an accepted part of the mainstream narrative" too, wouldn't you?

Nope. We're not buying it. Your propaganda machine isn't working as well as it used to.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#780050 Oct 22, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hilarious! Loud farting noises...... Can't imagine it was caused by not enough hot air
Did you ever see this? It's hilarious, click on Hot Air Balloon:

http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.h...

My cat is looking at me like I'm crazy!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 2 hr winner 143
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr winner 1,151
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr winner 3,928
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr winner 12,421
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 2 hr winner 172
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr winner 2,671
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 5 hr Change is needed 124

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages