Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1706811 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#779828 Oct 22, 2012
change wrote:
It's time for new change. I have a friend that voted for our President but he told me that he has switched to Repub because of whats happen. He and his family has been life long dems. Our kids will never pay back the loans from china. Look at our gas prices. Look at all of the energy producing states the ones that mine coal. Thousands out of work. Vote Romney 2012.
Another pitiful victim of the Kentucky Public School System.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#779829 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Has the Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrated the Romney Campaign?
Anti-Muslim activists on the Right have consistently warned that the Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated the Obama administration. But if their unhinged McCarthyism is to be believed, then Mitt Romney’s campaign has been penetrated by the Muslim Brotherhood as well, as Romney’s campaign has named George Salem, Samah Norquist and David Ramadan “National Co-Chairs of Arab Americans for Romney.”
Pamela Geller labeled George Salem’s Arab American Institute a “nototrious anti-Israel Israel [sic] organization” composed of “Islamic supremacists” and led by a “Jew hater.” She even suggested that the AAI seeks “Jewish annihilation” by backing Mideast peace efforts.
Geller, Frank Gaffney, Robert Spencer, William Murray, Andrea and James Lafferty and others sent a letter to Edwin Meese demanding he withdraw his endorsement of Virginia Del. David Ramadan because of his purported ties to Muammar Gadaffi and “radical views,” including his support for the right to build the Park 51 Islamic Community Center. James Lafferty said Ramadan is an “extremist” who should not even “be allowed to continue to live in the United States,” and Geller said he is a “stealth jihadist” and a “Muslim Brotherhood plant.”
Perhaps no chair of Romney’s committee is despised more than Samah Norquist, wife of conservative leader Grover Norquist. Glenn Beck and Jerry Boykin have said that Norquist is a lackey for the Muslim Brotherhood and according to anti-Muslim activists like Gaffney and David Horowitz, Norquist secretly converted to Islam and joined the Muslim Brotherhood at the behest of his wife. Conservative attorney Cleta Mitchell wrote in a report for the American Conservative Union that she is “certain that Mr. Gaffney’s hatred [for Norquist] is further fueled by the fact that Grover is married to a Muslim-American woman (who also has worked for the United States government in very responsible positions, I might add!).”
Of course, these spurious claims against Ramadan, Norquist and Salem are just as baseless and wrong as their attacks against the Obama administration and the Muslim-Americans serving in it.
But while extremists like Geller, Gaffney, Horowitz and others are quick to attack Obama with such bogus charges, for some reason it seems unlikely Romney will receive similar treatment.
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/has-mus...
So, the Muslim Brotherhood gets the White House tour, and the Prime Minister of Israel gets booked in Motel 6.

Yup, that does make me wonder if our idiot of a president isn't on their side.
... not to mention that another time the Prime Minister of Israel was in town that idiot Obama spewed out of his mouth the indoctrinated Islamist terrorist party line about the borders of Israel will be the pre-war 1967 borders, demonstrating his complete ignorance of the official US government's position on the matter.
Netanyahu jerked him up and slapped him around a bit after that.

Obama has a history of supporting the Islamist terrorists. You'd know that if you paid attention to actual events.
Jimmy

Hamden, CT

#779830 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox Admits Libya Attack May Have Been Caused By Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sgNoiTgssSUXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
Yes, the video of Obama on his apology tour, bowing to the Saudi King. Is that the video you mean,wingnut?
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#779831 Oct 22, 2012
kuda wrote:
Countdown to the third Presidential debate...
Tonight’s the night!
Will Obama continue to let Romney get away with saying he favors “getting tough with China?”
If Romney just ask Obama what his jobs plan was for the next four years Obama would be silent.
If Romney just ask Obama why we had a drone watching our ambassador get killed but no help coming to save them, Obama would be silent.
If Romney ask Obama why he has found time to meet with the comedy channel, late night talking shows, the "pimp with a limp", and Hollywood's elite, but has not met with his jobs counsil in almost a year but claims he cares and is working so hard on creating jobs. Obama would be silent.
If Romney ask Obama why he is telling people out of one side of his mouth that Bush charged two wars on a credit card and yet out of the other he tells us that he'll take the money wasted on two unfunded wars and apply that money to other things for our benefit. Romney should ask Obama how it is saving us anything to continue to charge on that credit card. Obama would be silent.
Obama is an empty chair and the only real job he has created is the person that has to dust the chair in the Oval Office.
If Obama doesn't stay silent if ask any of these questions, it's only because he would again show us how easy it is for him to lie to us.
transparency 4 obama

United States

#779832 Oct 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
College records are not released without permission. Period.
Rational adults? Like Paul Ryan? The guy that voted yes yes yes to every one of the policies that created this rceession?
Vote for transparency...vote 4 Obama!

Yeah.....what realdave said....
ABSTRACT 4 obama

United States

#779833 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Has the Muslim Brotherhood Infiltrated the Romney Campaign?
Anti-Muslim activists on the Right have consistently warned that the Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated the Obama administration. But if their unhinged McCarthyism is to be believed, then Mitt Romney’s campaign has been penetrated by the Muslim Brotherhood as well, as Romney’s campaign has named George Salem, Samah Norquist and David Ramadan “National Co-Chairs of Arab Americans for Romney.”
Pamela Geller labeled George Salem’s Arab American Institute a “nototrious anti-Israel Israel [sic] organization” composed of “Islamic supremacists” and led by a “Jew hater.” She even suggested that the AAI seeks “Jewish annihilation” by backing Mideast peace efforts.
Geller, Frank Gaffney, Robert Spencer, William Murray, Andrea and James Lafferty and others sent a letter to Edwin Meese demanding he withdraw his endorsement of Virginia Del. David Ramadan because of his purported ties to Muammar Gadaffi and “radical views,” including his support for the right to build the Park 51 Islamic Community Center. James Lafferty said Ramadan is an “extremist” who should not even “be allowed to continue to live in the United States,” and Geller said he is a “stealth jihadist” and a “Muslim Brotherhood plant.”
Perhaps no chair of Romney’s committee is despised more than Samah Norquist, wife of conservative leader Grover Norquist. Glenn Beck and Jerry Boykin have said that Norquist is a lackey for the Muslim Brotherhood and according to anti-Muslim activists like Gaffney and David Horowitz, Norquist secretly converted to Islam and joined the Muslim Brotherhood at the behest of his wife. Conservative attorney Cleta Mitchell wrote in a report for the American Conservative Union that she is “certain that Mr. Gaffney’s hatred [for Norquist] is further fueled by the fact that Grover is married to a Muslim-American woman (who also has worked for the United States government in very responsible positions, I might add!).”
Of course, these spurious claims against Ramadan, Norquist and Salem are just as baseless and wrong as their attacks against the Obama administration and the Muslim-Americans serving in it.
But while extremists like Geller, Gaffney, Horowitz and others are quick to attack Obama with such bogus charges, for some reason it seems unlikely Romney will receive similar treatment.
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/has-mus...
Learn what an ABSTRACT is....
esko

Kajaani, Finland

#779834 Oct 22, 2012
We should take hints from Finland:

&fe ature=plcp
WeThe People

London, KY

#779835 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans all know what happened and are tired of hearing about it. Mistakes were made but it's time to move on. President Obama can answer all the questions he wants to after the election but for now it's more important for him to get re-elected.
BullSHYT. America wants TRUTH-NOT MORE SNAKE OIL LIES and DENIAL.
We KNOW it's NOT POLITICALLY convenient but TOUGH shyt.
----------

WikiSTOOPIDUH SNAKE OIL QUOTES-

Timothy James "Tim" McVeigh (April 23, 1968 – June 11, 2001) was an American domestic terrorist who detonated a truck bomb

Nidal Malik Hasan, USA (born September 8, 1970) is a United States Army officer and sole accused in the November 5, 2009, Fort Hood shooting, which occurred less than a month before he would have deployed to Afghanistan.[1][3][4]
----------
Now let's compare the difference-
Why is McVeigh considered a DOMESTIC TERRORIST-while Hasan is written as an "army officer"??????????

HASAN-Domestic TREASONOUS TERRORIST!!!!
Shame on WikiSTOOPIDA!!!!!!!!!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
TRUTH FOR America again-NOT against it!!!!!!!!!!
Dam ignorant spooge sucking dupes.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#779836 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox Continues Attacks on Libya Response Even as Their Arguments Are Falling Apart
In the mean time, we're also treated to follow ups like this one where HuckaJesus brought on Bush spokespuppet Dana Perino to weigh in on whether the Obama administration is being honest with the public about the attack. After coming to the podium to carry water for the Bush administration, I guess she knows a thing or two about lying to the public. Why anyone thinks she's got anything worth adding to this debate is beyond me, but it's upside down world at Fox, so this is what they put on the air -- Dana Perino -- the supposed bastion of journalistic integrity when it comes to administrations telling the public the truth. Lord help us.
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/f...
So, explain to us how a video that didn't even exist when the attacks were planned and got a total of 17, that's SEVENTEEN hits from around the entire world in the whole 3 months it was on the internet caused the commemorative 3000 Americans killed on 9/11 Arab celebratory attacks....

And, why did Obama and the Democrats throw the First Amendment under the bus instead of standing up for the United States and our Constitution?

And why is the Al Qaeda facility Al Qaeda trained in for the Benghazi attack not bombed to smithereens yet?
What the hell is Obama waiting for?

Can I hear you say something really stupid like "Al Qaeda is on the ropes" for us. We need a good laugh this morning.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779837 Oct 22, 2012
Bill Clinton Hammers Romney and Warns Voters Not to Be Fooled By His Lies

"I had a different reaction to that first debate than a lot of people did. I mean I thought – wow. Here’s old moderate Mitt. Where have you been, boy, I missed you all these last few years. But I was paying attention in the last two years, and it was like one of these Bain Capital deals, you know where he’s the closer. So he shows up, doesn’t really know much about the deals and says, tell me what I’m supposed to say to close.

The problem with this deal is the deal was made by severe conservative Mitt. That was how he described himself for two whole years, until three or four days before the debate, they all got together and said, hey, Mitt – this ship is sinking faster than the Titanic, but people are still frustrated about the economy they wanted fixed yesterday. So just show up with a sunny face and say I didn’t say all that stuff I said the last two years. I don’t have that tax plan I had for the last two years. You going to believe me or your lying eyes here? Come on! What are you doing?

And if I’d been the president I might have said, well I hate to get in the way of this. I miss you."

http://www.politicususa.com/bill-clinton-hamm...
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#779838 Oct 22, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the video of Obama on his apology tour, bowing to the Saudi King. Is that the video you mean,wingnut?
His apology tour and that bowing ... every time he bowed, I wished somebody there would have kicked him right square in his scrawny asz. America bows to no one.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#779839 Oct 22, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox Continues Attacks on Libya Response Even as Their Arguments Are Falling Apart
In the mean time, we're also treated to follow ups like this one where HuckaJesus brought on Bush spokespuppet Dana Perino to weigh in on whether the Obama administration is being honest with the public about the attack. After coming to the podium to carry water for the Bush administration, I guess she knows a thing or two about lying to the public. Why anyone thinks she's got anything worth adding to this debate is beyond me, but it's upside down world at Fox, so this is what they put on the air -- Dana Perino -- the supposed bastion of journalistic integrity when it comes to administrations telling the public the truth. Lord help us.
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/f...
The ONLY arguments falling apart are those of the administration and the president. Why don't you explain why we had a drone watching the attack, the TERRIOST ATTACK, and yet not one soul coming to assist our ambassador.
WeThe People

London, KY

#779840 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Foreign Policy is the task of signing treaties and trade agreements, influencing foreign governments, etc. This was a lapse in foreign security, not failed foreign policy.
WRONG

Perhaps the most important of all presidential powers is command of the United States Armed Forces as commander-in-chief. While the power to declare war is constitutionally vested in Congress, the president commands and directs the military and is responsible for planning military strategy

"Hit the road jack(off)"

FAILED FOREIGN POLICY-BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!!!!!!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779842 Oct 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the Muslim Brotherhood gets the White House tour, and the Prime Minister of Israel gets booked in Motel 6.
Yup, that does make me wonder if our idiot of a president isn't on their side.
... not to mention that another time the Prime Minister of Israel was in town that idiot Obama spewed out of his mouth the indoctrinated Islamist terrorist party line about the borders of Israel will be the pre-war 1967 borders, demonstrating his complete ignorance of the official US government's position on the matter.
Netanyahu jerked him up and slapped him around a bit after that.
Obama has a history of supporting the Islamist terrorists. You'd know that if you paid attention to actual events.
Actual events interpreted by right wing idiots?

Those sort of 'actual events' aren't even worth consideration from anyone with more than half a brain. It's not like you can't find a real interpretation of the "facts". The internet has yet to be taken over by the Tea Party.

But it's kind of neat watching the progression of the birther mentality.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#779843 Oct 22, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
If Romney just ask Obama what his jobs plan was for the next four years Obama would be silent.
If Romney just ask Obama why we had a drone watching our ambassador get killed but no help coming to save them, Obama would be silent.
If Romney ask Obama why he has found time to meet with the comedy channel, late night talking shows, the "pimp with a limp", and Hollywood's elite, but has not met with his jobs counsil in almost a year but claims he cares and is working so hard on creating jobs. Obama would be silent.
If Romney ask Obama why he is telling people out of one side of his mouth that Bush charged two wars on a credit card and yet out of the other he tells us that he'll take the money wasted on two unfunded wars and apply that money to other things for our benefit. Romney should ask Obama how it is saving us anything to continue to charge on that credit card. Obama would be silent.
Obama is an empty chair and the only real job he has created is the person that has to dust the chair in the Oval Office.
If Obama doesn't stay silent if ask any of these questions, it's only because he would again show us how easy it is for him to lie to us.
President Obama is one of the greatest world leaders of our time. There are countless accomplishments made during his Presidency, far too many to mention here. America has prospered and become a much safer nation under his superb leadership.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#779844 Oct 22, 2012
ABSTRACT 4 obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn what an ABSTRACT is....
FO hypocrite.
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#779845 Oct 22, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY arguments falling apart are those of the administration and the president. Why don't you explain why we had a drone watching the attack, the TERRIOST ATTACK, and yet not one soul coming to assist our ambassador.
Four Americans were sacrificed so Da Bammy wouldn't appear to be what he is ... incompetent. Right? For my prize I would like a change of presidents.

Those four "bumps in the road" were hit on the way to the par-tay in Vegas.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#779846 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
The election is pretty much settled for the most part. Mathematically, Rmoney cannot win. He's just grabbing for straws now. collecting tax-free campaign funds that he can keep after the election and deposit in an offshore bank in the Caymans somewhere, or use to buy Ann more botox injections, facelifts, tooth implants and hair bleach.
. If you turn off all media and lock yourself in a rubber room for the next 4 years you can believe what ever you want and pretend obama won. If that's or get a huge box of tissue , you're. In for a dose of reality .
WeThe People

London, KY

#779847 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>If troops were sent into Libya, the American public would be outraged. Americans are sick of getting involved in all of these foreign conflicts which we have no business being in. America hasn't fought for it's own country since WW-2 and ironically, we haven't won a conflict since then either.
WTH we doing playing with duh etcha sketches in Libya??????????

FAILED Foreign (no) Policy!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#779848 Oct 22, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
His apology tour and that bowing ... every time he bowed, I wished somebody there would have kicked him right square in his scrawny asz. America bows to no one.
President Obama simply showed a little cultural understanding by bowing when he met the king of Saudi Arabia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr FART DATES 64,460
Men that wear panties 2 hr Should Carry Gun 8
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Deplorable Hater 243,318
Trump is A 5 hr Is Rose A POS 469
TEACHER of year at FL. middle school posts mess... 6 hr READ TEACHERs MES... 12
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 6 hr 2nd AMENDMENT 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Junket 11,966

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages