Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1779034 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#779772 Oct 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Like the Director of OFHEO pointed out as early as 2003 the institutions that collapsed our economy after 2 years of oversight by Christopher Dodd, with Obama on his committee, and Barney Frank in the House, were cooking their books to hide the disaster the Democrats' idiotic Marxist subprime housing mortgage underwriting program was becoming.
Yup. Aftrer 2 years of "oversight" by Dodd and Obama the economy collapsed, as it was predicted to do by the New York Times in 1999 when Bill Clinton coerced Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to institution the Democrats' lunatic subprime housing loan program.
Obama had oversight of the economy for 2 years before it collapsed.
Not that Obama ever does anything. It's obvious he was as useless as tits on a bore hog on the Senate Banking Committee.
He's about as dangerous as president as he was with oversight responsibility of banks when he was in the Senate. He collapsed our economy while he was a Senator. As president, he could collapse the government.
The housing collapse started in 2006.

Where is that list of legislation that the Democrats passed that created any of this?

I keep asking & you keep running away.

Newville, PA

#779773 Oct 22, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
On September 10, 2012, the amateurish, anti-Muslim YouTube video “Innocence of Muslims” had been on the Internet for three months with exactly seventeen views.
Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, UN Ambassador Susan Rice, and an army of Obama surrogates conducted a media blitz blaming this obscure video no one had seen for the entire Middle East exploding on 9/11, including a “protest turned violent” at the Libyan consulate that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.
We later learned that there was no protest.
We later learned that intelligence on the ground linked it to a terrorist group within twenty-four hours.
We later learned that the Muslim Brotherhood president of Egypt, Mohammed Morsi, was behind the attack.
Why have we not conducted strikes to totally destroy the AQIM training camps in eastern Libya where Al Qaeda trained for the assault on the Banghazi consulate compound?
What the f**k is Obama waiting for?
Still lying but that video.

How pathetic.

The video was released in Arabic on an Arabic TV station on Sep 9th.
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#779774 Oct 22, 2012
DuhTownHallsankeOil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're flackin nuts.
"Al qeada is on it's heels"
From the position of having been sitting down maybe, now standing UP again. NOT a good thing.
"Ban assault weapons"
Does that INCLUDE assault weapons sent by boatload to Libya (ie: here ya go al aqeada, kock yerselves out-gud job on the consulate and annex"
IGNORANCE-elects Ignorance and Incompetence, lapping the spoon fed phat crayons script kiddie puddin up by the spoonfulls.
WTH we doing in Libya-aside from aiding and abetting failed statehood and al qeada?
FAILED Foreign AND Domestic policy!
Turn the WH back over to the rational, logical adults again!
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Experience FOR America-of the USA again!

Mitt Rmoney, still politicizing the tragic deaths of 4 Americans. The failed one-term Gov. of Mass. has no experience at anything except bankrupting companies, hiding income in overseas tax shelters and sending scores of American jobs to China in the name of corporate profits.
"Corporations are people".
"I've got mine, you're on your own."
AmbassadorSteven sandCo

London, KY

#779775 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghadaffi and Bin Laden are dead.
OBAMA-BIDEN - 2012 - KEEPING AMERICANS SAFE BOTH HOME AND ABROAD!!
Not only re you lapping it--you've absolutely CHOKED on it.

Cable to US leadership--S.O.S.--trouble in parardice--plz send reonforcements!
Al qeada on it's heels--STANDING UP again-

See: Libya- Four dead americans, one destroyed consultate and annex--and it's untelling what we haveN'T heard yet on the rest of the mess of FAILED foreign policy.

BIG BLACK FLAG

"GD treasonous Idiot".

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

Newville, PA

#779776 Oct 22, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are the racist. It is your favorite comeback to posters that asked you questions you can not answer.
Peace
KMA
Here you are againn. Protecting he racist f*cks that post here,

You keep doing it.

Which s more pathetic, the person who makes a racist post or a pathetic lowlife POS like you who protects them?
AmbassadorSteven sandCo

London, KY

#779777 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text> The statistics prove that the best solution to reducing gun crime is to ban firearms. In every country where firearms have been banned, gun crimes have decreased. It's a very simple solution to a complicated problem.
Who loaded the boatload full of them and sent them to LIBYA just a few short days before the "second 9/11".....

BIG BLACK FLAG
They "are al qeada"

WTH we doing in Libya?

FAILED FOREIGN POLICY!

America seethes!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Leadership FOR America again-NOT against it!

Newville, PA

#779778 Oct 22, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
And getting dumber. You forgot to add that this year alone president nobama as spent 200+ days campaigning.
Peace
KMA
Really? Its election time. Tell me Bush never campaigned in 2004.

Newville, PA

#779779 Oct 22, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Your're not a complete idiot -- Some of your parts are just missing you idiot....
-
Exactly the reason why RealDave, should join: Rainbow Coalition, NAACP, The Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, or one of many other leftwing lugnut hate group like 'The Crips'...
-
RealDave could then escape from all that racism and wagon train of hate...
-
Put-up or shut-up RealDave... Prove obama is not an affirmative action President...
-
It's the culture...
Tell me why you think he was?
AmbassadorSteven sandCo

London, KY

#779780 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Rmoney, still politicizing the tragic deaths of 4 Americans. The failed one-term Gov. of Mass. has no experience at anything except bankrupting companies, hiding income in overseas tax shelters and sending scores of American jobs to China in the name of corporate profits.
"Corporations are people".
Romney's NOT the POTUS OR the media.

TRUTH is TRUTH...and AMERICA has the right to know it

FAILED FOREIGN POLICY--of a MAJOR proportion.

Return the WH to rational, logical ADULTS again.

Don't like America-move to Egypt or Libya-you'd fit right in with the illeterate anarchial whiners and murdering terrorists thugs crowds.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!

Newville, PA

#779781 Oct 22, 2012
DuhTownHallsankeOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if they're requested to remain sealed Duh A Vey...as in specifically chosen not to have trasncripts released. As in when employers might wish to view them.
As in-the American pubic requesting to see ANY POTUS candidate records.
Why do so many in this admin think their little punky-type selves are above the laws of land, and above their constituants, in having to answering to the people thereof?
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Return American to the rational adults again!
College records are not released without permission. Period.

Rational adults? Like Paul Ryan? The guy that voted yes yes yes to every one of the policies that created this rceession?
AmbassadorSteven sandCo

London, KY

#779782 Oct 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still lying but that video.
How pathetic.
The video was released in Arabic on an Arabic TV station on Sep 9th.
How do expalin the uprisings starting a year earlier then DUHHHH A Vey.

Give it up-you really are just too putzy to actually "get" it--

"It" being--FAILED foreign AND domestic (to hell w/the tragedy of the MESS--there's campaining to do) policy!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Leadership FOR America again-nor draining against-because just campaigning doesn't cut it!
AmbassadorSteven sandCo

London, KY

#779784 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Rmoney, still politicizing the tragic deaths of 4 Americans. The failed one-term POTUS has no experience at anything except financing bankrupting companies, sending assualt weapons into dangerous realms and campaigning, campiagning, campaigning.

Yep.

Arab spring.
No "videos" required to uprise.

They "are al qeda".
Egypt
Of the 29-member Cabinet, 14 were new faces, most of them not members of the ruling National Democratic Party. Among those purged were several of the prominent businessmen who held economic posts and have engineered the country's economic liberalization policies the past decades.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#779785 Oct 22, 2012
AmbassadorStevensandCo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only re you lapping it--you've absolutely CHOKED on it.
Cable to US leadership--S.O.S.--trouble in parardice--plz send reonforcements!
Al qeada on it's heels--STANDING UP again-
See: Libya- Four dead americans, one destroyed consultate and annex--and it's untelling what we haveN'T heard yet on the rest of the mess of FAILED foreign policy.
BIG BLACK FLAG
"GD treasonous Idiot".
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
The Benghazi incident is being blown out of proportion and politicized by Mitt Rmoney and Fox News and though tragic, most Americans would like to put it past us to get back to the business of getting our President re-elected.
AmbassadorSteven sandCo

London, KY

#779786 Oct 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
College records are not released without permission. Period.
Rational adults? Like Paul Ryan? The guy that voted yes yes yes to every one of the policies that created this rceession?
No chit duhmass-that's what was posted.

Can you stay on topic --and stop the "if you can't answer the question-or refuse to supply the people with the verifiable credentials they ask for" blame it on anyone or anything else ignotard stupidity, for just two minutes plz?

Show us the transcripts??????????
Problem?
Shouldn't be.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
TheChicagoMachin e

London, KY

#779787 Oct 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me why you think he was?
A promo of Kennedy (ya know-old family friend type stuff) reaching across the politcal aisles states, and pluckin a candidate from the ...well...fill in the blank.(hint: look at duh subject header)

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012~

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#779788 Oct 22, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The housing collapse started in 2006.
Where is that list of legislation that the Democrats passed that created any of this?
I keep asking & you keep running away.
And I keep telling your ignorant indoctrinated ass there wasn't necessary any legislation after the Democrats got everything they wanted from the Republicans for the mere price of temporarily supporting the United States during a war. What's more, they gained complete oversight in January, 2007.
Like I asked, do I need to, again, give to you all the quotes from the Democrats when they were in negotiations to trade their support for the war in Iraq for no effective oversight of their idiotic subprime loan program that collapsed our economy after two years of oversight by the Democrats?
After 2 years of oversight by Democrats, the economy collapsed... in 2008.
As far as your 2006 reference goes, it was identified by the Director of OFHEO in 2003 that the Democrats' lunatic Marxist subprime program was a lethal threat to our economy.
TheChicagoMachin e

London, KY

#779789 Oct 22, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Benghazi incident is being blown out of proportion and politicized by Mitt Rmoney and Fox News and though tragic, most Americans would like to put it past us to get back to the business of getting our President elected.
HELL NO.

Why would idiots like you even begin to think-they wouldn't have to "answer" questions on it?

HELLLL NO.

That's now how reality works in this country!!!

Okay-

POTUS ROMNEY and RYAN 2012!
Hell YEAH!
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#779790 Oct 22, 2012
Countdown to the third Presidential debate...
Tonight’s the night!

Will Obama continue to let Romney get away with saying he favors “getting tough with China?”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
To Christians Only

Louisburg, NC

#779791 Oct 22, 2012
How Should a Christian Vote?

Whether we are enthusiastic about our political candidates or disappointed with our choices, we should not shirk our duty as good citizens.

In my opinion, we should vote for the person who best represents our convictions on the following issues, which I list without further comment and in no particular order.

1. Character and integrity

"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked rule, the people mourn...The king by judgment establishes the land but he that receives gifts overthrows it...If a ruler listens to lies, all his servants are wicked" (Proverbs 29:2, 4, 12).

2. Sanctity of human life—abortion, stem cell research using human embryos

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb" (Psalm 139:13).

3. Same-sex marriage or civil unions among same-sex couples

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination" (Leviticus 18:22).

4. Freedom for religious speech

"So they called them and charged them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered them,'Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, you must judge, for we cannot but speak of what we have seen and heard'" (Acts 4:18-20).

5. Racial equality

"And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on the face of the earth" (Acts 17:26).

"...and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God" (Revelation 5:9-10).

6. National Security

"And they all plotted together to come and fight against Jerusalem and to cause confusion in it. And we prayed to our God and set a guard as a protection against them day and night" (Nehemiah 4:8-9).

7. Taxation and government spending

"We have borrowed money for the king’s tax on our fields and vineyards...we are forcing our sons and daughters to be slaves, and some of our daughters have already been enslaved, but it is not in our power to help it, for other men have our fields and our vineyards" (Nehemiah 5:4-5).

Whether our preferred candidate wins or loses, we have a God-given responsibility to pray for our leaders and to support them in whatever way we can. Paul, addressing the Romans when Nero was on the throne, wrote,

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God" (Romans 13:1).

Be assured I will vote with prayer, seeking wisdom from God. And I hope you will vote with the same values in mind

By Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer
carol

Orlando, FL

#779793 Oct 22, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
So if Romney gets in and does a repeat of the last time y'all put the GOP in charge of everything we can expect the deficit to go from $900 billion in 2013 to $2 trillion in 2014 right? Of course if they don't gain the Senate I suppose it could be a little less than that but hey, that's just guessin'.
Just wanted to see if I've had that right.
Thanks.
Things aren't the same as they once were. We had a great awakening when the housing market collapsed. It's time for bold solutions going forward from here. The Democrats were in charge of the pursestrings when it all fell apart. They haven't woken up yet.

Why is repeating the mistakes of the past four years with another four years of the same any different or better to you than Romney and Ryan's bold solutions to take us forward from here?

Even former President Bill Clinton is on board with Ryan's plans for reform.

Disclaimer: You're going to be shocked!

http://radioviceonline.com/bill-clinton-comes...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 6 hr Hot Hot Hot 21
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 hr qz-zq 243,563
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 15 hr MPMMB 1,138
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 15 hr MPMMB 3,908
penny hawthore 16 hr kyman 1
Looking for a daddy 16 hr Base 22
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 16 hr MPMMB 130

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages