Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263856 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Mile

Burnley, UK

#778364 Oct 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is it that's so 'blatant'?
Try to come up with something that can't relate back to actions taken, or some inaction if you would like, to past administrations.
And that way we won't have to discuss 'blind eyes'.
If you can't see what this is then I'm sorry you can't be helped.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#778365 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

I read a report yesterday that Al Qaida was not involved.
Of course you did.

I read several that said they were, but it doesn't matter what gang of radical Muslims is behind the attack, does it?

Sniveling Obama sycophants like yourself see these murders as no more than 'bumps in the road'.
fred

Milford, CT

#778366 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
If you post a plan on your website to lower income tax bracket rates by 20% and then, during a debate, claim to not know anything about it, then you might have Romnesia.
Doofus Debbie W-S wrecked the Democrat Party. Yeaaaa...!

RNC Trounces DNC in Fundraising as Democrat Party Goes Bankrupt

The official Federal Election Committee reports for September are out, and Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s DNC is a complete wreck. The Democrats ended September with cash on hand of $4.6 million, compared to the Republican National Committee’s $82.6 million.

That’s nearly an 18-to-1 cash advantage for Republicans.

Worse still for the DNC, they had to take out loans to pay the bills so that they owed $20.5 million at the end of September, meaning that that (subtracting cash on hand from total debt) they were $15.9 million in the red — essentially bankrupt. Wasserman-Schultz’s committee only raised $3.7 million in September; at that pace, it would take them more than four months to clear their debt, even if they didn’t spend another dime in the meantime.

Somehow, this seems an apt metaphor for the Obama era.

Now, go back to something I reported at The American Spectator last month when I was in Ohio, and Obama was leading the polls:

DAYTON, Ohio — Reporters circled around Reince Priebus at a campaign rally Monday in Lima and one asked the Republican National Committee chairman what he thought of polls showing Mitt Romney trailing President Obama in this crucial battleground state. Priebus said he was satisfied that the GOP challenger was “within a field goal” of the incumbent, and made a bold prediction:“We’re going to outspend the DNC 10-to-1 [in Ohio] for the next six weeks… We’re going to crush ‘em on the ground.
O Baloney

West Babylon, NY

#778367 Oct 20, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kenyan ordered Rice to blame the attack on a video to cover up the inconvenient truth that the ambassador was abandoned to be raped and murdered by al Qaeada on 9/11 and that the Kenyan's middle east policy of bowing to Islamic terrorists is an abject failure.
The next day the callous bastard Kenyan flew to Las Vegas for a fund raiser with Jaty Z and Beyonce and appeared on Letterman.
America seethes
Mother of slain Benghazi consulate staffer livid over lack of answers

Slams Bam on death of Libya-envoy son

WASHINGTON — The grieving mother of one of four Americans slain at the US Consulate in Libya was furious yesterday that the government still can’t tell her what happened a day after President Obama strangely said the tragedy was “not optimal.”

“Everyone’s giving me different answers. I don’t have good answers, and they are not giving me good answers. Some of the people [from the government] looked me right in the eye and lied to me,” said Pat Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, a State Department technology expert who died with Ambassador Chris Stevens and two security officials in the attack in Benghazi last month.

“Somebody is lying, or else these crooks are running our country, and I don’t choose to believe that,” she told The Post by phone from her San Diego home yesterday.“My son is dead, and I don’t know why, and I don’t know why nobody went out to help my son.”

Speaking of Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and the decisions made on security at the consulate, Smith said:“They’re on the top. They’re the big cheeses. If they didn’t make the decision, they should have been the ones that made the decision.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/tr...
Morons4Mitt

Russellville, KY

#778368 Oct 20, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kenyan ordered Rice to blame the attack on a video to cover up the inconvenient truth that the ambassador was abandoned to be raped and murdered by al Qaeada on 9/11 and that the Kenyan's middle east policy of bowing to Islamic terrorists is an abject failure.
The next day the callous bastard Kenyan flew to Las Vegas for a fund raiser with Jaty Z and Beyonce and appeared on Letterman.
America seethes
Bring in "Scooter" Libby to clear all this up. He knows about cover ups.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#778369 Oct 20, 2012
O Baloney wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is sick, twisted & demented and politically driven. If you can't admit Obama is a failure here and abroad, then you are hopelessly duped.
The amount of changing tales and blatant lies is bad enough, but what really makes me sick is how this slapstick administration is treating this incident as not "optimal" toward Obama's reelection, and considered merely a "bump in the road".
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#778370 Oct 20, 2012
CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bengha...

So now the CIA is also "complicit".

I can't wait to hear what the talking heads on FOX have to say about that one. But if one of you nutjobs would like to some preemptive paraphrasing, I'm sure you'll come close.
fred

Milford, CT

#778373 Oct 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is it that's so 'blatant'?
Try to come up with something that can't relate back to actions taken, or some inaction if you would like, to past administrations.
And that way we won't have to discuss 'blind eyes'.
fred was retweeted!

Your Tweet was favorited!

@JustAnotherMo @DanPerry18 Abortionists and child molesters will spend eternity in the lowest ring of hell drowning in baby guts.#karma
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#778374 Oct 20, 2012
Clinton to Obama,Yeah,yeah I promise to cover your
Ass,one more time,I just want to you to know that
this Libya Bull Sh&t,has ruined me for my run in
2016,thats all Bill,and I have to say about it.So
I will be hiding out from the press now in Peru,
and then,French Guyana Ok??
O Baloney

West Babylon, NY

#778376 Oct 20, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
The amount of changing tales and blatant lies is bad enough, but what really makes me sick is how this slapstick administration is treating this incident as not "optimal" toward Obama's reelection, and considered merely a "bump in the road".
"O" Stands for NOT OPTIMAL.

A not-optimal Presidency

‘Not optimal” is the new “Man, that really sucks.”

Don’t take our word for it — just listen to President Obama.

Speaking of the 9/11 terrorist attack on the Benghazi consulate, in which Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were murdered, Barack Obama said:

“If four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal.”

And he said it on Comedy Central, no less.

“What happens during the course of a presidency,” Obama explained to Jon Stewart,“is that the government is a big operation and [at] any given time, something screws up.”

Or, as he put it a couple of weeks ago, sometimes a president encounters a “bump in the road.”

Of course, not everyone sees it that way.

Like Sen. John McCain:“Even from someone like the president, who has never known what these kinds of tragedies are about and the service and sacrifice that people make, it’s still just — I can’t even get angry,” he said.“It’s just so inappropriate.

“The president on that comedy show, he didn’t talk about responsibility, because the responsibility is his. We want to know what the president knew, when he knew it, and what did he do about it?”

But, hey — why knock such a conveniently short phrase? This is the Twitter age, after all.

Consider:

Ahmed Abu Khattala, one of the ringleaders of the Benghazi attack, sits in a luxury hotel sipping mango juice and giving mocking interviews to The New York Times.

Not optimal.

The State Department rejected pleas to beef up security — even as Stevens warned in secret cables of growing “targeted and discriminate attacks” and that “the al Qaeda flag has been spotted several times flying over government buildings and training facilities.”

Not optimal.

And it’s not just Benghazi.

Trillions in deficit spending?

Not optimal.

Economy mired in recession?

Not optimal.

Re-elect the president?

Most definitely, not optimal.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editoria...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#778377 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't see what this is then I'm sorry you can't be helped.
Oh yeah, I'm really diggin' how you can see both sides of an issue.

why do you people act like FOXbottery is related in some way to most of the american public? the ratings sure don't bear it out. pure arrogance? that has to come with ignoring anything that a republican screws up?

So how long do you faux conservatives think the right wing media in it's present form will last? Consider the fact checking industry that it's spawned, and......
O Baloney

West Babylon, NY

#778378 Oct 20, 2012
The Buck Never Stops with Obama

“The president went on a comedy show, an he didn’t talk about responsibility, because the responsibility is his. We want to know what the president knew, when he knew it, and what did he do about it?”

But, hey — why knock such a conveniently short phrase? This is the Twitter age, after all.

Consider:

Ahmed Abu Khattala, one of the ringleaders of the Benghazi attack, sits in a luxury hotel sipping mango juice and giving mocking interviews to The New York Times.

Not optimal.
O Baloney

West Babylon, NY

#778379 Oct 20, 2012
7 Come 11 wrote:
How did the Obamas buy a 35 million dollar house in Hawaii.The President must have hit it big in Las Vegas,the day after 4 Americans got killed in Libya.
Maybe Tony Rezko helped them with this real estate deal too.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#778381 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
And then as a candidate call yourself Mr Coal,
you might have Romnesia.

Obama The Prophet

"If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from." - B. Hussein Obama
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#778382 Oct 20, 2012
"....Romney was so wedded to the idea that the administration didn’t acknowledge a terrorist attack on the consulate that he managed to get some basic facts wrong on Obama’s initial statement on September 12. One would think that his campaign would have made the effort to double-check the support for one of his biggest attacks of the night."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
fred

Milford, CT

#778383 Oct 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, I'm really diggin' how you can see both sides of an issue.
why do you people act like FOXbottery is related in some way to most of the american public? the ratings sure don't bear it out. pure arrogance? that has to come with ignoring anything that a republican screws up?
So how long do you faux conservatives think the right wing media in it's present form will last? Consider the fact checking industry that it's spawned, and......
What planet are you on? Fox Rules MSM drools

CABLE NEWS RACE
THURS OCT 18 2012

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,865,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,729,000
CMDY DAILY SHOW 2,806,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,753,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,567,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,355,000
FOXNEWS FIVE 2,242,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,912,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,839,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 1,557,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 1,119,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 1,092,000
CNN PIERS 894,000
CNN COOPER 662,000
SupriZedObamaFoo l

Lakewood, NJ

#778384 Oct 20, 2012
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Waxballs for sure.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I use 6 different computers libtard and some show up in different parts of the country. I'm not going to do anything to try and please a terd like you wierdo. Have fun in your micro world with all of your syndromes.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are challenged, but I'm not "Nostrillus" lady (I'm being kind druggie) box of rocks. You are also wrong about my location - so no surprise there. Sorry, but no basement box of rocks. I have a PC there but I rest in one of my properties larger bedroom each night with a fox.
She has no wrinkles on her face from hard years of smoking and longing like you do.
I'm flattered you talk about me when I'm not here. You girls came around and still do. Thanks, but I'm all set!
Here's a guy for you!
http://uglydemocrats.com/democrats/United-Sta ...
Are you married still? Liberals usually aren't.
stella007 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is. Nostrillus Waxman,Libtards etc and others from New Haven CT.
It's pretty obvious. His vocabulary centers on
"morons" and "libtards" and not much more.
He has six (yes!6!) computers he types on.
From his "War Room".
In his mother's basement.....
oink oink is right.....
LMFAO. Waxballs still trolling the internet 3 years out, still trolling strong!!!
LMAO!!
Saturday Oblahblah #1 LOL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#778386 Oct 20, 2012
O Baloney wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is sick, twisted & demented and politically driven. If you can't admit Obama is a failure here and abroad, then you are hopelessly duped.
Now, the truth is "sick, twisted, & demented and politically driven." New levels of lowness to elect a lying, driveling, plan-changing, Republican candidate. Could it be.....Romnesia is reaching epidemic stage?
fred

Milford, CT

#778387 Oct 20, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Paraphrase much azzhole.
The Kenyan's communist coup is an abect failure

OBAMA: POLARIZER-IN-CHIEF: Stephen Moore at the Wall Street Journal nails it on the head,“His presidency has been polarizing because his redistributionist ideas are polarizing, and it is hard to see how things would be any different over the next four years.”
TSM

El Paso, TX

#778388 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point of these Republican attacks?
We need an investigation to find out who did it, how they did it, why they did it.
Face it, Ambassador Stevens knew the risks, he wanted to work with the people of Libya, This involved personal contact & not hidden in a fortress embassy.
Did the attackers know he would be there? Do you know?
I read a report yesterday that Al Qaida was not involved. This would make many of the right totally wrong.
The Republican stance has now become its Obama's fault because he & NATO assisted the rebels and if Khadafi was still running Libya, this wouldn't have happened.
This is really sick, twisted & demented and political driven.
If you can't see it, then you are hopelessly duped.
RealDave when will Obama address the American People and give an honest assessment of what happen in Benghazi? Dave this speech will never be heard because’ Failure Not an Option ‘Obama will join his predecessor’ Carter’ as a One Term President!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 194,552
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,358
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 4 hr VeganTiger 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Mister Tonka 100,298
Ask Amy July 31 10 hr Julie 6
abby7-31-15 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 hr Mark 52,069
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages