Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395958 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778345 Oct 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
A play on words.
Much like FOX does on a daily basis? Re: the above.
Let's try to hold the hypocrisy to a minimum shall we?
Hypocrisy?

We're talking about the here and now, with four dead "Patriots" and the scandalous lies of this administration.

You telling me this is the fault of George W Bush?

This should be a bi partisan issue, whether you're red or blue you cant turn a blind eye to something so blatant.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#778346 Oct 20, 2012
If, as Governor, you stand in front of a coal fired generation plant & say how it needs to be closed & how you would never support jobs that kill people

And then as a candidate call yourself Mr Coal,

you might have Romnesia.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778347 Oct 20, 2012
Turning a blind eye or continuing the false narrative just makes you as complicit!!
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#778348 Oct 20, 2012
MEDIA BIAS ALERT!

Political junkies are still laughing at little-known, little-watched MSNBC host Alex Wagner’s Oct. 17 appearance talking with comedian Conan O’Brien.

In Wagner’s mind (Do MSNBC hosts actually have those?), Obama isn’t a typical politician. He’s running for office as a “higher calling.”

By “higher calling,” did she mean the Democratic attacks on Romney’s faith, the class warfare or the race-baiting? Or was she revering the president on the level of Newsweek (remember them?) Editor Evan Thomas, who once said Obama was “sort of God?”

Newville, PA

#778351 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrisy?
We're talking about the here and now, with four dead "Patriots" and the scandalous lies of this administration.
This should be a bi partisan issue, whether you're red or blue you cant turn a blind eye to something so blatant.
What is the point of these Republican attacks?

We need an investigation to find out who did it, how they did it, why they did it.

Face it, Ambassador Stevens knew the risks, he wanted to work with the people of Libya, This involved personal contact & not hidden in a fortress embassy.

Did the attackers know he would be there? Do you know?

I read a report yesterday that Al Qaida was not involved. This would make many of the right totally wrong.

The Republican stance has now become its Obama's fault because he & NATO assisted the rebels and if Khadafi was still running Libya, this wouldn't have happened.

This is really sick, twisted & demented and political driven.

If you can't see it, then you are hopelessly duped.
Autumn in New Yawk

New York, NY

#778352 Oct 20, 2012
I'd been in this vagina for three days and we both needed a bath and a shave. I had no idea the labyrinthine nature of the things, I'd always been on the outside looking in and had assumed they were just, you know, tubes of some kind often leading to an expense estimated to be about $250k minimum, but after what I estimated to be six miles of hard climbing I was no closer to the truth than when I'd started. Plus, I'd only brought enough food for a day and a half, tops, so I was having to forage as best I could off whatever I could find: an old hot dog, a half empty bottle of Yoo-Hoo... I stumbled upon something hard and shiny... I pulled it out of the slippery damp wall and unraveled it. It was a soiled picture of Tom Jones, and, though it was signed, I didn't think it was worth anything in its current condition?

Newville, PA

#778353 Oct 20, 2012
If you post a plan on your website to lower income tax bracket rates by 20% and then, during a debate, claim to not know anything about it, then you might have Romnesia.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#778354 Oct 20, 2012
Adam B wrote:
Anyone who acually thinks Obama is good for this country should just get the hell out of here and let us get the country back to how it was founded. Im so proud that 89% of gun owners are conservative because we will only watch morons take the country down so far. WAIT AND SEE!!!!
That's 89 percent of LEGAL gun owners.
If you polled Obama's base packing in places like, oh, say, Chicago who fill the morgues up every goddam weekend, you may have a different result.
Imagine what life would be like if Obama's base stacking the corpses in every major city were the only gun owners.
fred

Milford, CT

#778355 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We need an investigation to find out who did it, how they did it, why they did it.
Face it, Ambassador Stevens knew the risks, he wanted to work with the people of Libya, This involved personal contact & not hidden in a fortress embassy.
I read a report yesterday that Al Qaida was not involved. This would make many of the right totally wrong.
The Republican stance has now become its Obama's fault because he & NATO assisted the rebels and if Khadafi was still running Libya, this wouldn't have happened.
The Kenyan ordered Rice to blame the attack on a video to cover up the inconvenient truth that the ambassador was abandoned to be raped and murdered by al Qaeada on 9/11 and that the Kenyan's middle east policy of bowing to Islamic terrorists is an abject failure.

The next day the callous bastard Kenyan flew to Las Vegas for a fund raiser with Jaty Z and Beyonce and appeared on Letterman.

America seethes
Autumn in New Yawk

New York, NY

#778356 Oct 20, 2012
I knew it was a race against time, since, while I was making my painfully slow way through this strange, twisting world of a maze of tunnels, I knew she was trying to get into my head just as fiercely. What I knew but she didn't, is that a man's brain is not in his head, so by the end of the third day I was confident I was closer to her center than she'd ever get to mine.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#778357 Oct 20, 2012
To my fellow Americans,Please work longer hours,and
try to work harder because Millions of people both
legal,and illegal are solely Dependent on you!
Thanks your President Barack Hussein Obama.

This Ad,was sponsored by "La Raza".
and "George Soros" via Media Matters
and Move on.Org .
O Baloney

Old Bridge, NJ

#778358 Oct 20, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
All seafood consumed in America comes from foreign countries like China. Rmoney's Bain Capital owns numerous seafood companies.
Obama's pension and your 401K is probably invested in them.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#778359 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The president of Libya has 50 of them in jail. When is Obama going to request extradition?

And, yes, we'd like to know how Al Qaeda knew exactly when to execute an attack they obviously trained for in a mock up facility, and knew when to assemble the assault team, the diversionary team, the heavy weapons team, the communications team, etc., etc., etc., all the elements required to execute an attack of the sophistication that is obvious on the video tape and descriptions of the event.
Who told Al Qaeda when the ambassador was going to be at the consulate in Benghazi.
It would have been impossible for Al Qaeda to execute an attack like that without knowing in advance the timing of the US ambassador's movements.

Who in the US government told Al Qaeda when the ambassador was going to be at the consulate in Benghazi.
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#778360 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrisy?
So what is it that's so 'blatant'?

Try to come up with something that can't relate back to actions taken, or some inaction if you would like, to past administrations.

And that way we won't have to discuss 'blind eyes'.
O Baloney

Old Bridge, NJ

#778361 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is sick, twisted & demented and politically driven. If you can't admit Obama is a failure here and abroad, then you are hopelessly duped.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778362 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans are vocal, as the mainstream media are only too happy to cover up this scandal.
To make this clear, I am not saying these deaths are directly Obama's fault and I dont hear any conservative voice claiming this either. However it is true to suggest that the buck does and should rightly stop with the President. What I am saying though, is the reluctance to identify this for what it was (Terrorism) is hugely concerning and the many many lies that have followed are even more so.

Regards to investigating, I have no problem but the fact it took three weeks for the FBI to reach the scene and along with what has now followed from this administration I just don't trust them to do it properly or even tell the American public the truth.

Forget the election for a minute as no matter the timing. This whole debacle stinks and the lies being told should be unacceptable for all reasonable thinking people no matter their political
O Baloney

Old Bridge, NJ

#778363 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
If you post a plan on your website to lower income tax bracket rates by 20% and then, during a debate, claim to not know anything about it, then you might have Romnesia.
If you ignore the recommendations of your own commission and submit two ridiculous budgets that no one even in your own party will pass, then you definitely have ObamaFailuresa.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778364 Oct 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is it that's so 'blatant'?
Try to come up with something that can't relate back to actions taken, or some inaction if you would like, to past administrations.
And that way we won't have to discuss 'blind eyes'.
If you can't see what this is then I'm sorry you can't be helped.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#778365 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

I read a report yesterday that Al Qaida was not involved.
Of course you did.

I read several that said they were, but it doesn't matter what gang of radical Muslims is behind the attack, does it?

Sniveling Obama sycophants like yourself see these murders as no more than 'bumps in the road'.
fred

Milford, CT

#778366 Oct 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Doofus Debbie W-S wrecked the Democrat Party. Yeaaaa...!

RNC Trounces DNC in Fundraising as Democrat Party Goes Bankrupt

The official Federal Election Committee reports for September are out, and Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s DNC is a complete wreck. The Democrats ended September with cash on hand of $4.6 million, compared to the Republican National Committee’s $82.6 million.

That’s nearly an 18-to-1 cash advantage for Republicans.

Worse still for the DNC, they had to take out loans to pay the bills so that they owed $20.5 million at the end of September, meaning that that (subtracting cash on hand from total debt) they were $15.9 million in the red — essentially bankrupt. Wasserman-Schultz’s committee only raised $3.7 million in September; at that pace, it would take them more than four months to clear their debt, even if they didn’t spend another dime in the meantime.

Somehow, this seems an apt metaphor for the Obama era.

Now, go back to something I reported at The American Spectator last month when I was in Ohio, and Obama was leading the polls:

DAYTON, Ohio — Reporters circled around Reince Priebus at a campaign rally Monday in Lima and one asked the Republican National Committee chairman what he thought of polls showing Mitt Romney trailing President Obama in this crucial battleground state. Priebus said he was satisfied that the GOP challenger was “within a field goal” of the incumbent, and made a bold prediction:“We’re going to outspend the DNC 10-to-1 [in Ohio] for the next six weeks… We’re going to crush ‘em on the ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dr Guru 216,937
Mohammed a White Guy with Black Slaves 1 hr Hotel California 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 60,141
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 8,910
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 6,423
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,152
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 70,730
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Sublime1 102,527

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages