Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#777850 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The point of opening a business is to make money. It is not to employ more people than you need or longer than you need them. It is not to give people health insurance or vacation pay. You open a business because you have an idea that you think will be a success. Under this president it is not worth the risk.
It was much safer to open a business say in 2006.

You get dumber every day.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#777851 Oct 19, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Citizen United unleashed free speech. liberals hate free speech.
The Kenyan has closed hundred of coal power plants and coal industry via EPA regulations. Electric rates will sky rocket.
Oh don't tell him that he won't believe you. Power companies will take a loss on every kw sold because it's the right thing to do.
dem

United States

#777852 Oct 19, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>Duh. Of course they'll dip again, fcktard.

Don't care who wins - Obama wins, I win. Romney wins, the country wins.

Unlike you greedy, self-serving left wingers, I will be voting for my country. Hee hee
Translation; gunner is on the dole.
fred

Milford, CT

#777853 Oct 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans just give it to the wealthy & corporate America.
We are facing taxmageddon because Republicans refuse to compromise. They can't compromise because they all signed a pledge to an unelected lobbyist & hold that over the good of this country.
What kind of "patriot" would be more loyal to a lobbyist than this country? Romney, Ryan, Republicans in Congress & Senate.
How ridiculous is this pledge, Say we discover that we have a subsidy for child molesters, we could not eliminate that subsidy unless we cut matching revenue elsewhere. Otherwise, Norquist calls it a tax increase. Republican insanity.
Tea Part says NO! new taxes.

Get back to us when the Kenyan rolls back his welfare spending and signs the repeal of ObamaCare
Nov 6th

Costa Mesa, CA

#777854 Oct 19, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't need one.
Romney drops below a thirty percent chance of winning the electoral vote.
When you take a survey at UC Berkley and 30% are voting for Pres. Romney, You know obama is not playing golf to much longer.
dem

United States

#777855 Oct 19, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>Duh. Of course they'll dip again, fcktard.

Don't care who wins - Obama wins, I win. Romney wins, the country wins.

Unlike you greedy, self-serving left wingers, I will be voting for my country. Hee hee
Conceding like you did the debate?

Whatever makes Obamas victory make you feel better
dem

United States

#777856 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text>I know. More businesses closed.
Your daughters will have health care finally at least.
dem

United States

#777857 Oct 19, 2012
2012 ROMNEY wrote:
WE THE PEOPLE WILL VOTE OUT OBAMA NOV,6 2012.OBAMA WILL LOSE ALL 50 STATES AND NOT ALL THE POWERS OF HELL WILL STOP IT!!!!
Hi gunner
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777858 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'm getting slammed by (R) PACS on the phone and in the mailbox__what bullshyte these people are pushing. Alliance for America's future is blasting away at the EPA regarding it's war on coal. "Over the last few years" the ads say__as though Obama created the EPA.
American Crossroads, Crossroads GPS and fkn cell phone calls from strange locations___Ogden Utah for instance.
That Citizens United Act has upset the nations political balance.
I just unplug the landline and don't answer. The print ads are pretty amazing, full color double sided 8x10's, doesn't come cheap to just go to the gargabe, what a waste of money.
I heard an Allen West ad on the radio yesterday; that he will save your medicare and his opponent voted to end medicare! His opponent, Patrick Murphy, has never even held office!
Did you get that movie about Pres. Obama in the mail? What a disgrace. This weekend is going to be brutal, they'll both be here in Boca Raton with a rally for the President at the Delray Tennis Center on Tuesday. I live about 4 miles from Lynn Univ.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777859 Oct 19, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Part says NO! new taxes.
Get back to us when the Kenyan rolls back his welfare spending and signs the repeal of ObamaCare
The Tea Party screwed the Republican Party

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#777860 Oct 19, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Your daughters will have health care finally at least.
It's nice you wo much about my saughters. Trust me they have no need for help from you, Homer, or Obama. They will be just fine. Actually they will be better off because they will be able to pay for a private doctor like they do now. No waiting times.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#777861 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Under 28 hours a week which means everybody with a view to the future will have to work 2 1/2 jobs at the least. The reality of unintended consequences is lost on these people.
You morons do realize that companies have an advantage to hire part time workers now, right? So why aren't they?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777862 Oct 19, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinesh is separated from his wife and is now engaged to a younger women. If it were Bill Clinton, it would be no big deal.
Hypocrite.
Bill Clinton wasn't employed at an Evangelical College. I thought he was gay anyway. He went out with Anne Coulter! Who was the woman and who was the man?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777863 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Oh don't tell him that he won't believe you. Power companies will take a loss on every kw sold because it's the right thing to do.
many power companies are no longer in the generation business...they just buy power from others and pass on the cost to their customers....

although our power company is PPL, my power supplier is Dominion Energy....their rate is lower than the PPL rate....
fred

Milford, CT

#777864 Oct 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton wasn't employed at an Evangelical College. I thought he was gay anyway. He went out with Anne Coulter! Who was the woman and who was the man?
Bill Clinton masturbated in the Oval Office during the work day. Dinesh? Not so much.

Hypocrite

ps

Ann Coulter is still on fred's shit list
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#777865 Oct 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you mutt.....
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/06/stats-cen...
There are a dozen other sites that list the age lower, some as low as 57. There is a missing ingredient in the Powers figures. The Escalade, or perhaps the leases.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#777866 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshyte!
If you had actually googled 'average age of cadillac buyer' you would have seen it in the first link.
fred

Milford, CT

#777867 Oct 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party screwed the Republican Party
Secret liberal decoder ring translation

The Tea Party saved the Republican party.

44 states...400+ electoral votes...filibuster proof senate
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#777868 Oct 19, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Obama and terrorist attacks????
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777869 Oct 19, 2012
THE WHITE MAJORITY A commercial middle class of merchants, bankers, factors, and
lawyers emerged to sell southern crops on the world market. They lived in cities that acted as
shipping centers for agricultural goods. Two-thirds of all southern whites lived in
nonslaveholding families. Most yeomen were self-sufficient farmers whose strong sense of
community was reinforced by close kin connections and bartering. But between 30 to 50 percent
of southern whites were landless. These poor whites lived a marginal existence as laborers and
tenants, at odds with slaves, but also engaging in complex and sometimes clandestine relations
with them. Some yeomen hoped to acquire slaves themselves, but many were content with selfsufficient
non-market agriculture. Yeomen supported slavery because they believed that it
brought them higher status.
PLANTERS Most slaveholders owned only a few slaves and frequently drifted in and out of
that status as bad crops or high prices curtailed or increased their income. Middle-class
professionals had an easier time climbing the ladder of success. Andrew Jackson used his legal
and political position to rise in Southern society. Beginning as a landless prosecutor, he died a
plantation owner with over 200 slaves.
Most slaveholders inherited their wealth but sought to expand it. As slavery spread so did the
slave-owning elite. The extraordinary concentration of wealth in places like Natchez created an
elite lifestyle. But most wealthy planters lived fairly isolated lives. Although some planters
cultivated an image of gracious living in the style of English aristocrats, the reality was that
plantations were large enterprises that required much attention to a variety of tasks. Plantations
aimed to be self-sufficient.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min Zap Brannigan 98,198
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min Mandela 68,465
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min loose cannon 177,959
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,347
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 1 hr SMH 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 46,575
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr what a loser 4,017
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••