Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564466 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#778596 Oct 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because we don't need a platoon of Marines guarding the embassy in Helsinki.
Why was the request for increased security for the ambassador in Libya refused?
A full contingent of USMC,is currently at the US,Embassy
in Paris! Those Cafe`s and Croissants are scary man!!!
Not mention the Wine? see Claire Lopez,former Operative
with the CIA,and her thoughts re why was the real reason
the Ambassador there? Really interesting take,issues like
Al Queda,Syria,Arms,Vessels loaded,and waiting from Syria?
The Veteran

Salt Lake City, UT

#778597 Oct 20, 2012
WrningSgn wrote:
I am truly amazed how EASILY Mc Cain supporters state that they are "Not Proud of America"
You people that state that are phonies. Big FN Phonies.
These are the same clowns that have the Flags Up. Complain on Talk Radio day and night. Quickly label everyone else unAmerican.
But one election doesn't go your way. America is broken.
You people know NOTHING about fighting, or what it truly is to be an American. I'm glad this election exposed you people for the True Fake Phonies you really are.
God bless True Americans!!!!
Who are you? What have you done for anyone besides yourself EVER? What do you know about fighting for anything? I fought, I've given blood, I've suffered and what did Obama give us that fought and gave so much for this country? Well three out of four years we did not receive our yearly COLA Raise, COLA=Cost of Living Allowance Raise, every year the cost of living raises around the world, and typically we receive a yearly raise to compensate a little. Typically the veterans representatives ask for a 5% to 6% raise and it usually ends up being around 3% in the end, when you look at it 3% might not sound like much per month but over 3 years its a lot.. The math, lets say your benefit each month is $2500.00 to $3000.00, that's about $75.00 to $90.00 monthly, multiply that by 12 months equals $900.00 to $1080.00 a year and then over a three year period it's $2700.00 to $3240.00 which still doesn't sound like a whole lot but when you need it, we'll its a lot and that means that a disabled veteran unable to work and make money as every other normal undamaged American can, that means now I am getting $225.00 to $270.00 a month aim not getting on my disability benefits and that much money can mean a big difference when trying to pay rent, utilities, insurance, phone, and other basic monthly bills, that money each month alone could pay a car payment, 6 months insurance coverage on a car, it could also pay for my gas, electric, water, and telephone bills combined so even though it might not sound like much money it can take a bit of a load off the rest of the money I have each month. This year was the first during Obama's term that we actually go our COLA raise, but us veterans aren't the only ones who didn't get a COLA raise, neither did Social security retires, or those on Social Security Disability and neither did many other government dependent recipients so that saved the government trillions of dollars each year.. What reason did the Obama administration give for us not getting this much needed raise? Well they said we were not getting the raise we so much needed and looked forward to was because the nations cost of living had not increased, yet what used to cost us $250.00 for a cart of groceries and supplies now costs us $350.00 give or take a few bucks, the coffee we buy used to cost us $4.50 for a small bag now costs us nearly $9.00, people that smoke can now expect to pay $7.00 to $9.00 for a single pack of cigarettes, for what used to be $4.00 or $5.00 a pack and 80% of that price is the taxes on tobacco products,if the government didn't tax to account products so heavily a pack would cost $2.00 or $3.00 and that's just cigarettes and coffee.. All of this is because we fought and gave a lot for our country and for three of four years we didn't get the raise we needed, deserved because of our dear president, when I was able to still work I was able to make over $100,000.00 a year in the computer network field and now because I served, fought, and suffered, I still suffer every day and so does my family because I am unable to work and earn the amount of money I worked hard for anymore and there are millions of veterans just like me that this is happening to every day, week, month and year.. There's more of us being made every day for serving in the US military so what have you fought for? What have you given? What have you sacrificed for anyone other then yourself?

The Vet

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#778598 Oct 20, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Duh? Maybe because storming a consulate and killing those there indiscriminately are, by definition, acts of terror, no matter who performs them? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh!
You know the death of those Americans was just "not optimal".

I think Hillary and Michelle Obama should become the co-ambassadors to Libya effective immediately.

I wonder what security would look like then?

If only American personnel could get the same security Obama's daughters got on vacation!
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778599 Oct 20, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Do your own research__form your own conclusions. Benghazi is in Eastern Libya__not far from the border with Egypt. It's natural that the unrest caused by the California produced video which absolutely caused the unrest/rioting in Cairo would find it's way to Benghazi.
If you google "US consulate in Benghazi" you'll find all sorts of links to view and learn from, some with excellent photos that will clear your head from the crap you're seeing on FOX and even certain MSM outlets.
See for yourself that the consulate and nearby annex were far South of the City center on Forth Ring Road near the university and located in a pastoral setting. Learn for yourself that the security was being provided by a Welsh company who had only provided basic security training to Libyan nationals who patrolled the expansive grounds with only flashlights and batons.
Ask yourself why, if the ambassador was so fkn concerned about security why he even ventured out to that place on a day known to hold danger in the Islamic world.
Reporters from CNN and freelance reporter from Europe were the first outsiders to enter the consulate after the fire, the FBI didn't arrive until two weeks after.
Email any other questions you may have to H Clinton Secretary of State or D Petraeus CIA Dir.
I will look but I think you're missing the point. It makes no difference to why he went to Benghazi or even directly in relation to Obama, if he had insufficient security. What the problem is here is there has been many shifts in stories none that make any sense. Especially so as we now have irrefutable evidence that they knew this was a terrorist attack within 24 hours.

I mean even Obama has admitted this ;)

Or do you not believe his recent revelation?

(shame you couldn't provide a link you liked)
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#778600 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he's got to find something he's good at for his second ever job ;)
so your london address is fake?

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#778601 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he's got to find something he's good at for his second ever job ;)
Good point!

ABJECT FAILURE Obama could be a bus boy at the Nineteenth Hole while Biden should have to clean and shine the boots of all Seal Teams, forever!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#778602 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
You see they have more stories than Shakespeare himself.
It's almost impossible for the ordinary man in the street to know what the truth is. However the fact there has been so many versions of the "Truth" kind of points to fact that this is just one lie after another.
Most folk are not stupid but the bias are quite right we do have a genius in the Whitehouse.
He's always one step ahead until he's one step behind. ;)
Here's the real zinger in the story. The Sept. 15th briefing, that totally supports the Obama administration's version of events and undermines one of Mitts best attack points was requested by Mike Rogers, the head of the intelligence committee. If Mitt's minions hadn't been so eager to hang anything they could on the president, its very unlikely this document would have been made public. Sweet.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778603 Oct 20, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree with you!! We just remove Gadhafi, he was brutally executed and if this administration thought it was unnecessary to monitor the activities in Libya than this really highlights the incompetence of Obama and his administration!!
Oh I agree they had to monitor the situation, it was the duty of the state department and Hillary Clinton to keep all our diplomats safe. However while the buck must always stop at the president, I can see why he may not have known about past attacks on the Benghazi embassy. He can't possibly know everything but I'm sure if he had attended his national security meetings, instead of campaigning. Then there is a much better chance he would have known. I guess meeting JZ and Beyonce is more important to the worlds and Americas security.
Mile

London, UK

#778604 Oct 20, 2012
It goes without saying that a man like that shouldn't be the head of the free world, let alone giving out bananas to small children induced to visit the white house.
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#778605 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
It says London but I'm actually based in Cornwall.
However I love London visted the city many times.
You lucky stiff,love Cornwall,Was it there I ate
Scones with the most delicious Cream?? Devonshire
Cream? Any way it was summer,beaches,the ocean it
was perfect..Londons so huge,getting around is a
nightmare,and expensive,Wow!!!!
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778606 Oct 20, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
so your london address is fake?
No it just appears on Topix as London when I'm based in Cornwall.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778607 Oct 20, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the real zinger in the story. The Sept. 15th briefing, that totally supports the Obama administration's version of events and undermines one of Mitts best attack points was requested by Mike Rogers, the head of the intelligence committee. If Mitt's minions hadn't been so eager to hang anything they could on the president, its very unlikely this document would have been made public. Sweet.
As far as I know only the people within that briefing no what was expressed but from murmurings some in attendance were less than impressed by the lack of details provided at said meeting.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#778608 Oct 20, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree with you!! We just remove Gadhafi, he was brutally executed and if this administration thought it was unnecessary to monitor the activities in Libya than this really highlights the incompetence of Obama and his administration!!
We didn't remove Gaddafi__Libyan rebels removed the POS and it was not a pretty sight__too bad about that eh? What WE and the UN did is pretty well documented and it was legal by international standards.

If it makes you feel any better, Muammar was pretty old and batshyte crazy so getting dragged outta that sewer and sliced to ribbons was probably enjoyable kinda like when Saddam said fk you to everyone in the room just before his head was ripped off his body.

The dummies could have each taken the billions they had socked away and bought their own country. Egos.

I wonder what will become of Assad???
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778610 Oct 20, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you would have done yes but don't mention Devon lol

Not sure where Palos Hills IL is but I'd happily swap you my passport for your green card :)
Mile

UK

#778612 Oct 20, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha, yes! It's not "cream", however, it's sperm from Jersey cows. I can't for the life of me understand why they don't just call them Devonshire cows but there you have it? Yes, I share your sort of brutish country awe about London, that's why I live on the coast. On the other hand I do love the Cornish beaches, some of the only beaches in the world where you don't need to use sunscreen you know?
REPUBLICANS CARE 4 USA

Falls Church, VA

#778613 Oct 20, 2012
57 states for Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
States 51-57 are onboard for Obama!
If that be the case, then stupid people rather drink the dirty water than the Holy water. Very sad world we live in.
Mile

UK

#778614 Oct 20, 2012
Just between you and me, I'm just hoping no one notices the idiotic shyte I type in here. I learned how to do it when I was stationed at Fort Bragg, lo, those many years ago, as a camp follower. Some of those men still "visit" me here in Devon sometimes. Yes, good days, good days... If they say black you say white and, well, you know. Ben ghazi, Schmen ghazi. Tomato, tomato.. All I know is that it's a dreadful, dirty place and my boss sent around an e-mail to keep banging the drum, eh, what?
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778615 Oct 20, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to clarify that last post #778612 was not me but someone purporting to be so.

Probably Dem again!

I won't be posting for a while so knock yourself out whoever you are.
Mile

UK

#778616 Oct 20, 2012
Oops! Just looked up Palos Hills IL and I'm afraid I'll have to rescind my previous offer. Look, the truth is I'm in prison here for armed robbery and I'll give you $10,000 if you could see your way clear to smuggle me in a file or a binder of women or something. I'm dreadfully bored and the other men here hate me because of my hump.
REPUBLICANS CARE 4 USA

Falls Church, VA

#778617 Oct 20, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
At least it will keep you from dressing as woman and blowing dudes at your nursing home.
dem, really, dude, we could care less to hear about your fcked up sexual day dreams, dude.

People that talk about sex as much as you do, don't get much, if any. Take all that money you are getting from Obama Care, and buy you a fcking blow up sex doll. Boy or girl. How hard up you are, I can see that what sex it is, doesn't really matter much to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Dr Guru 242,251
Review; Festa Italiana 6 hr Fest man 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 11,015
Rahm Emmanuel fake mafia boss 8 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Spanx-they're for me. 13 hr test 6
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 14 hr Blame muslims 9
WHO'D have thunk it? 14 hr Art Vandalay 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages