Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
dem

United States

#777808 Oct 19, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>just like the unions warn their members of an end to their gravy train if Obama isn't re-elected, CEOs are telling their employees of an end to their jobs if Obama is re-elected.

haven't heard much more about the WARN act being dismantled for all the job layoffs pending due to the defense cuts.

must be another bit of news that needed to "fade away" because it points to the hypocrisies and failures of the Obama presidency.
Hi Jane.
Glad you're feeling better.
Your breakdown earlier was startling.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777809 Oct 19, 2012
mr owl III wrote:
Pres Obama, equal pay for equal work, and everyone's fav liberal network....
"After all, according to the Daily Beast (whose editor, Tina Brown, is a frequent guest on the show), Scarborough makes a cool $4 million per year, while Brzezinski's salary is half as much, coming in at $2 million per year."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/msnbc-hos...
just proves that Mika is overpaid and not all work is equal...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777810 Oct 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the temperature and time for baking pizza would kill any bacteria...
What about the fingernails? Ok you eat that.
dem

United States

#777811 Oct 19, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>

Who is John Galt?
The priests co ck you suck?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777812 Oct 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a Cadillac Coupe de Ville in 1979! It was huge!! Nothing like a Cadillac ride. I drove a rental STS for a month while shopping for a new car; I totally loved it, almost bought one. It's got that touchscreen XM radio, loved it, lots of pep too.
leftwingers love gas guzzlers.....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777813 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
The Chinese are buying Buicks, more sold there than here. Have you seen the new Buicks? There not an old guy car anymore, they're beautiful
too big.....
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#777814 Oct 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Pathetic. But at least you agree with what I have been saying for years, rightwingers have been sitting on the sidelines which is why the economy isn't growing at a faster rate. I only wish I had been wrong, but they are a bunch of stubborn jackasses. Any ahole that would sit on the sidelines just to see Obama and the rest of the country fail is a complete scumbag in my eyes.
When there's a republican president and the leftwingers are "sitting on the sidelines" doing nothing, what will your excuse be then - "payback's a bitch?"
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777815 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Right because they require the same skills to manufacture as Nike's???
hardly.....
dem

United States

#777816 Oct 19, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Obama's funniest joke last night? "7.8% unemployment"

Is California Scheming to Make the Obama Economy Look Better?

Not only did California fail to report its numbers, the man in charge of the agency responsible for reporting those numbers is — cue the dramatic sting — an Obama donor.

Marty Morgenstern, the secretary of the California agency that substantially under-reported unemployment claims last week, contributed to President Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential election campaign.
—

Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown appointed Morgenstern to lead the California Labor & Workforce Development Agency in 2011. The state agency oversees the Employment Development Department.

According to campaign disclosure records, Morgenstern donated $4,600 — the maximum amount allowed by law — to the 2008 Obama camapaign, beginning with a $1,000 contribution to Obama for America in February 2008. Morgenstern followed up that donation with a $1,300 contribution in June, and then a $2,300 payout in early September.
Hey azzhole did you read the early reports on Octobers numbers?
Expected to dip to 7.3%

Please kill yourself if it does.
I can't stand to watch you suffer, whine, and lie any longer.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777817 Oct 19, 2012
TO BE A SLAVE Between 1790 and 1860, the slave population grew from 700,000 to four
million. During this period, a distinctive African-American community developed because most
slaves lived in groups of ten or more and so were able to form a sense of community. The
reliance on natural increase meant less, new African influences on community development. The
slaves first challenge was to survive, for their life expectancy was significantly lower than
whites. Slaveholders claimed they treated their slaves more humanely than northern industrialists
treated their workers. Slaves typically lived in one-room cabins with dirt floors and a few
furnishings. Slaves received the essentials for survival like food and clothing, though neither was
adequate and were frequently supplemented by the slaves own efforts. To survive, slaves
learned how to avoid punishments and to flatter whites. Some slaves worked as house servants
but most were field hands and were under constant white supervision. Some slaves were skilled
workers, filling in the positions left vacant due to the absence of immigrant labor. But 75 percent
worked as field hands, from sunup to sundown. They performed the heavy field labor needed for
getting out a cotton crop, driven by the threat of the masters lash. Not surprisingly, many
suffered from poor health. The opening of western lands contributed to the instability of slave
life, as many were separated from their families by sale or migration and faced new hardships in
the West.
mr owl III

Oklahoma City, OK

#777818 Oct 19, 2012
Pres Obama, times are a changin, and Tennessean endorses Romney...

"Tennessean ends Democratic trend, endorses Romney"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49465435/ns/local...
dem

United States

#777819 Oct 19, 2012
Gunner wrote:
Obama's funniest joke last night? "7.8% unemployment"

Is California Scheming to Make the Obama Economy Look Better?

Not only did California fail to report its numbers, the man in charge of the agency responsible for reporting those numbers is — cue the dramatic sting — an Obama donor.

Marty Morgenstern, the secretary of the California agency that substantially under-reported unemployment claims last week, contributed to President Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential election campaign.
—

Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown appointed Morgenstern to lead the California Labor & Workforce Development Agency in 2011. The state agency oversees the Employment Development Department.

According to campaign disclosure records, Morgenstern donated $4,600 — the maximum amount allowed by law — to the 2008 Obama camapaign, beginning with a $1,000 contribution to Obama for America in February 2008. Morgenstern followed up that donation with a $1,300 contribution in June, and then a $2,300 payout in early September.
Is this your ninth or tenth conspiracy this week?

Btw it was Gallup predicting the 7.3%

Darn.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#777820 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
I had a Cadillac Coupe de Ville in 1979! It was huge!! Nothing like a Cadillac ride. I drove a rental STS for a month while shopping for a new car; I totally loved it, almost bought one. It's got that touchscreen XM radio, loved it, lots of pep too.
I'm getting slammed by (R) PACS on the phone and in the mailbox__what bullshyte these people are pushing. Alliance for America's future is blasting away at the EPA regarding it's war on coal. "Over the last few years" the ads say__as though Obama created the EPA.

American Crossroads, Crossroads GPS and fkn cell phone calls from strange locations___Ogden Utah for instance.

That Citizens United Act has upset the nations political balance.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777821 Oct 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I never shop at Walmart, they could be giving sh!t away, Homer recognizes the underlying damage they are doing.
that is certainly your right....Walmart should be punished for hiring so many minorities and unskilled folks....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#777822 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Right because they require the same skills to manufacture as Nike's???
Just how much does the cheapest Nike cost? I don't know that's why I ask. I know I hear a lot of them are in the $200 range.
fred

Milford, CT

#777823 Oct 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
most folks just rode out the storm and didn't lose any money....
retired elderly people who are heavily invested in the market, except in very conservative stocks...are fools.....
Seniors are forced to invest in equities due to low interest rates. Only sector growing. Not to mention the loss of equity in the home and fed printing money has robbed seniors nest egg value.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777824 Oct 19, 2012
The first and second Great
Awakenings introduced Christianity to many slaves. In the 1790s, African-American churches
began emerging. Whites hoped it would make the slaves obedient. But slaves found a liberating
message that strengthened their sense of community and offered them spiritual freedom.
mr owl III

Oklahoma City, OK

#777825 Oct 19, 2012
Pres Obama, green energy, a lobby, and we are about to go bankrupt....

"As it struggled, A123 showered Democrats with donations, hired pricey lobbyist"

"The Massachusetts firm dished out nearly $1 million to hire a powerhouse lobbying firm with close ties to President Barack Obama between 2007 and 2009, and two of its top executives made personal donations to several high-profile Democrats in Congress as it won federal funding for its efforts to build the next generation of lithium batteries for electric vehicles."

http://www.washingtonguardian.com/battery-mak...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#777826 Oct 19, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
When there's a republican president and the leftwingers are "sitting on the sidelines" doing nothing, what will your excuse be then - "payback's a bitch?"
When has that ever happened? It simply won't happen. Very telling as to who really wants America to succeed.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777827 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Here too, most cars here are Lexus, Mercedes and BMWs.
in SoCal, you will also see a surprising number of Porsches, Jaguars, Maseratis, etc....but very few Cadillacs....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr Lioncub 103
Charles Barkley said it! 2 hr CHUCK B 1
Dr 0782857120 abortion clinic in lebowakgomo 2 hr Dr john 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Mandela 68,673
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Hey U 50,660
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr _Zoey_ 4,800
Amy 10-24 6 hr RACE 16
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]