Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#777870 Oct 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party screwed the Republican Party
Obama screwed both parties, as well as the USA.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#777871 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I will never understand. Where do they think this money comes from? I know me and you know but why don't they? A lot of these libtards on here claim to run or have run businesses. Yet they can't understand this simple concept. I don't get it?
Evidently you only know business that require employees with no training, no skills, no push.

Look, Oh great & wonderful stay-at-home businessman, I've run a few companies & plants & I offered all the benefits - full paid healthcare, vacations, sick says , life insurance and a good living wage. And over the many years, I only had one employee leave to work elsewhere.

I wasn't the highest paying shop in town but everyone wanted to work with me.

I had super employees that did a great job & we all made lots of money.

But hey, you go ahead & hire part timers at minimum wage & see what you get.

My God, you people act like you know something about running a business? Please, you obviously don't know sh*t.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777872 Oct 19, 2012
Following southern paternalism, in theory, each plantation was a family with the white
master at its head. The plantation mistress ran her own household but could not challenge her
husband’s authority. They frequently spent extended periods isolated on rural plantations. With
slaves to do much of the labor conventionally assigned to women, it is no surprise that plantation
mistresses accepted the system. The slave system rested on coercion and violence. Slave women
were vulnerable to sexual exploitation, though sometimes long-term relationships did develop.
Children of master-slave relationships seldom were publicly acknowledged and often remained
in bondage.
THE DEFENSE OF SLAVERY Slavery lay at the base of southern society and gave rise to
various pro-slavery arguments. In the post-Revolution era, Southern whites found justifications
in the Bible or by pointing to classical Greece and Rome. They pointed out that the Constitution
recognized slavery and that they were defending property rights. Fearing slave revolts, growing
abolitionism, and the cutting off of expansion, by the 1830s southerners barricaded themselves
against outsiders and to stifle debate on the subject. But they also developed arguments that
slavery was good for the slaves. George Fitzhugh contrasted slavery, which created a community
of interests, with the heartless individualism that ruled the lives of northern factory workers.
Despite efforts to stifle debate, some southern whites objected to slavery. The growing cost of
slaves meant that the percentage of slaveholders was declining and class divisions widening.
Hinton Rowan Helper denounced the institution, indicating tensions between rich and poor in the
South. But the lines within the South remained tightly drawn.
CONCLUSION The cotton economy had grown rapidly, but slavery was an international
anachronism, out of place in the modern world.
Lecture Suggestions
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#777873 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton wasn't employed at an Evangelical College. I thought he was gay anyway. He went out with Anne Coulter! Who was the woman and who was the man?
Barack is the woman, and Michele is the man.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777874 Oct 19, 2012
Look at the nature of the Southern economy and show students why expansion was so
crucial. As it was the clash over the expansion of slavery that led to the Civil War, this
would seem a crucial point. Emphasize the inefficiency of slave labor and that
slaveholders found it cheaper to keep moving rather than maintain their soil. This created
a society that was hungry for fresh lands and set in motion a chain of events that led to a
confrontation with the equally land-hungry North.
2. Examine the role of the nonslaveholders. Emphasize their importance to the maintenance
of the slave system. Examine why they supported the slave system, even though they did
not own slaves. Emphasize that the yeomanry in the plantation areas had connections
with slaveholders and that non-plantation yeomen wanted to be left alone. See Bill Cecil-
Fronsman’s Common Whites (Kentucky, 1992) on this point.
3. To discuss slave life, divide the lecture in half. The first half would examine the brutality
of the slaves’ existence. The second half would examine how the slaves were able to
survive. Focus on how the institution stripped slaves of their dignity, but that they were
able to forge an existence that allowed them some degree of control over their own lives.
Make the connection to the material in Chapter Four on the development of African-
American culture.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777875 Oct 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
just proves that Mika is overpaid and not all work is equal...
She found out she was paid 14% less than Scarborough and almost quit.$2 million to make smirks and roll her eyes isn't bad change.

Newville, PA

#777876 Oct 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
the left continually confuses medical insurance (Obamacare) with actual medical care.....all the insurance in the world does absolutely no good if you lack sufficient access to medical care...
And money is access. Insurance is access.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777877 Oct 19, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton masturbated in the Oval Office during the work day. Dinesh? Not so much.
Hypocrite
ps
Ann Coulter is still on fred's shit list
How would you know if Dineesh masturbates or not? He also dated Laura Ingrahm

Newville, PA

#777878 Oct 19, 2012
Looks like the Boy Scouts took a page from the Pope.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#777879 Oct 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You morons do realize that companies have an advantage to hire part time workers now, right? So why aren't they?
Where you been? We've been talking about that all day.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#777881 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Oh don't tell him that he won't believe you. Power companies will take a loss on every kw sold because it's the right thing to do.
I currently pay FP&L 11.6 cents per kwh, there are other fees and taxes that are itemized on the monthly statement.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#777882 Oct 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
many power companies are no longer in the generation business...they just buy power from others and pass on the cost to their customers....
although our power company is PPL, my power supplier is Dominion Energy....their rate is lower than the PPL rate....
Yeah VEPCO buys from them too. They have nuke plants that's why.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#777883 Oct 19, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice the fist/knife/gun fighter has chosen a new tactic, the always intimidating game of passive aggressive pussscccee.
Great work, gramps.
You sound a little surprised, I would have thought, by now, you'd be used to innuendos.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777884 Oct 19, 2012
leadership has little to do with impressing pundits and scoring well at Washington parlor games. The current occupant of the Oval Office had a finely drafted political resume, stuffed with empty “achievements” that qualified him to do nothing except demand money and power. The horrifying inadequacy of such hollow men is on display off the coast of Louisiana. Good thing we didn’t get saddled with a president who isn’t entirely occupied with “transforming” an unwilling populace, or a vice president who actually knows something about oil drilling!
Federal and state governments are riddled with people like Barack Obama, producing a system completely focused on feeding itself, and too bloated to take effective action. It is almost completely insulated from consequence. Its wits are dulled by its perceived lack of budgetary or behavioral restrictions. Its deconstruction will require the conviction and charisma of Sarah Palin, the brilliance of Bobby Jindal, the courage of New Jersey governor Chris Christie, and the enthusiasm of the primary winners from Tuesday night. The American people should no longer settle for representatives whose resumes contain nothing but political accomplishments – as if those are somehow worth a damn compared to private-sector experience. It took a lot of accomplished politicians to engineer a government with over a hundred trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777885 Oct 19, 2012
Transforming a population is relatively easy – government policies in America have been doing it for decades, to the ruin of their subjects. Transforming the State is a far more difficult proposition. The victors in the November elections will win front-line positions in the greatest economic, cultural, and political struggle of our lifetimes. Their challenge will be to reintroduce concepts like due process, Constitutional restraint, and fiscal responsibility to a public grown accustomed to suspending all of those things, during a never-ending string of “emergencies.” They’ll have to explain why “freedom” is not a careful bargain with unlimited state power, and why markets are not “free” when the State has the power to revoke anyone’s presence in them, whenever it sees fit. They will be tasked with teaching an increasingly dependent population that no society can survive for long by devouring itself. There will be no room on the front lines for tired old men whose primary concern is negotiating a good price for their surrender.
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#777886 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
How would you know if Dineesh masturbates or not? He also dated Laura Ingrahm
Lyin' lily still getting it off on her sexual fantasies

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#777887 Oct 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you only know business that require employees with no training, no skills, no push.
Look, Oh great & wonderful stay-at-home businessman, I've run a few companies & plants & I offered all the benefits - full paid healthcare, vacations, sick says , life insurance and a good living wage. And over the many years, I only had one employee leave to work elsewhere.
My God, you people act like you know something about running a business? Please, you obviously don't know sh*t.
That's your right as the owner. I notice all of those were past tense. Ran out of money did we?
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#777888 Oct 19, 2012
IL GOP offers to host 'Meet Mike Madigan' sessions with Democratic candidates in their districts
10/18/2012

Illinois Republican Party Chairman Pat Brady is offering to host “Meet Mike Madigan” sessions with voters for any Illinois Democratic candidates - if the candidate will appear publicly with Illinois House Speaker/Illinois Democratic Party Chairman/Father of the Illinois Attorney General Mike Madigan in their local district.

“If Democratic candidates take Mike Madigan’s campaign money, the least they can do is offer voters in their community an opportunity to meet with Mike Madigan,” said Brady.“With a 16% public approval rating, I’m sure voters have lots of things they’d like to ask – or tell - Mike Madigan – if they had the chance.”

“Mike Madigan’s name is not on the ballot in most of the state, but the names of his enablers – his fellow Illinois Democrats who elect him Speaker and State Party Chairman – are on the ballot,” said Brady.“A vote for any Illinois Democrat is a vote for Mike Madigan, so all Illinois voters should have the opportunity to meet Mike Madigan before they cast their vote.”

“For those residents unable to attend the ‘Meet Mike Madigan’ sessions, we’ll take a photograph of Madigan alongside their local Democratic candidate and mail it to them – as well as to the local news media - along with information about Mike Madigan’s record,” Brady said.

Brady said that he would cater the “Meet Mike Madigan” sessions with sandwiches from the nearest Jimmy John’s.

“I know Jimmy John’s corporate office is leaving Illinois because of the 67% tax hike that Mike Madigan helped pass, but they still make tasty sandwiches faster than you can say ‘walking conflict of interest’ or ‘Fire Madigan,’” Brady said.

ilgop.com

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#777889 Oct 19, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The only 'job' I have right now is dad.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777890 Oct 19, 2012
Oct. 18, 2012 If the Romney’s can’t win legally, they’ll take over Ohio’s electronic voting machines through investments, a direct conflict of interest in a contentious state in this election.

The new owners of Ohio’s voting machines under the brand name HART Intercivic is none other than Tagg Romney the son of one of the candidates Mitt Romney. In recent weeks Tagg has taken a more “active role in his father’s campaign management” but when you look further, he also has a major problem with that role.

By virtue of conflict of interest alone, this role should be investigated by the DOJ preferably involving the addition of the FBI, Homeland Security and the CIA to ensure this connection will not endanger the vote in Ohio and other states.

Read more: http://www.politicolnews.com/tagg-romney-inve...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 8 min Le Duped 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min scirocco 181,719
Deat Abby 12-16 20 min Sublime1 61
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min PEllen 98,832
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 44 min Sublime1 21
Abby 12-18 44 min RACE 2
Amy 12-18 56 min RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago