Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
dem

United States

#777856 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text>I know. More businesses closed.
Your daughters will have health care finally at least.
dem

United States

#777857 Oct 19, 2012
2012 ROMNEY wrote:
WE THE PEOPLE WILL VOTE OUT OBAMA NOV,6 2012.OBAMA WILL LOSE ALL 50 STATES AND NOT ALL THE POWERS OF HELL WILL STOP IT!!!!
Hi gunner
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777858 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'm getting slammed by (R) PACS on the phone and in the mailbox__what bullshyte these people are pushing. Alliance for America's future is blasting away at the EPA regarding it's war on coal. "Over the last few years" the ads say__as though Obama created the EPA.
American Crossroads, Crossroads GPS and fkn cell phone calls from strange locations___Ogden Utah for instance.
That Citizens United Act has upset the nations political balance.
I just unplug the landline and don't answer. The print ads are pretty amazing, full color double sided 8x10's, doesn't come cheap to just go to the gargabe, what a waste of money.
I heard an Allen West ad on the radio yesterday; that he will save your medicare and his opponent voted to end medicare! His opponent, Patrick Murphy, has never even held office!
Did you get that movie about Pres. Obama in the mail? What a disgrace. This weekend is going to be brutal, they'll both be here in Boca Raton with a rally for the President at the Delray Tennis Center on Tuesday. I live about 4 miles from Lynn Univ.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777859 Oct 19, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Part says NO! new taxes.
Get back to us when the Kenyan rolls back his welfare spending and signs the repeal of ObamaCare
The Tea Party screwed the Republican Party

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#777860 Oct 19, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Your daughters will have health care finally at least.
It's nice you wo much about my saughters. Trust me they have no need for help from you, Homer, or Obama. They will be just fine. Actually they will be better off because they will be able to pay for a private doctor like they do now. No waiting times.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#777861 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Under 28 hours a week which means everybody with a view to the future will have to work 2 1/2 jobs at the least. The reality of unintended consequences is lost on these people.
You morons do realize that companies have an advantage to hire part time workers now, right? So why aren't they?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777862 Oct 19, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinesh is separated from his wife and is now engaged to a younger women. If it were Bill Clinton, it would be no big deal.
Hypocrite.
Bill Clinton wasn't employed at an Evangelical College. I thought he was gay anyway. He went out with Anne Coulter! Who was the woman and who was the man?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777863 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Oh don't tell him that he won't believe you. Power companies will take a loss on every kw sold because it's the right thing to do.
many power companies are no longer in the generation business...they just buy power from others and pass on the cost to their customers....

although our power company is PPL, my power supplier is Dominion Energy....their rate is lower than the PPL rate....
fred

Milford, CT

#777864 Oct 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton wasn't employed at an Evangelical College. I thought he was gay anyway. He went out with Anne Coulter! Who was the woman and who was the man?
Bill Clinton masturbated in the Oval Office during the work day. Dinesh? Not so much.

Hypocrite

ps

Ann Coulter is still on fred's shit list
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#777865 Oct 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you mutt.....
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/06/stats-cen...
There are a dozen other sites that list the age lower, some as low as 57. There is a missing ingredient in the Powers figures. The Escalade, or perhaps the leases.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#777866 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshyte!
If you had actually googled 'average age of cadillac buyer' you would have seen it in the first link.
fred

Milford, CT

#777867 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Secret liberal decoder ring translation

The Tea Party saved the Republican party.

44 states...400+ electoral votes...filibuster proof senate
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#777868 Oct 19, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Obama and terrorist attacks????
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777869 Oct 19, 2012
THE WHITE MAJORITY A commercial middle class of merchants, bankers, factors, and
lawyers emerged to sell southern crops on the world market. They lived in cities that acted as
shipping centers for agricultural goods. Two-thirds of all southern whites lived in
nonslaveholding families. Most yeomen were self-sufficient farmers whose strong sense of
community was reinforced by close kin connections and bartering. But between 30 to 50 percent
of southern whites were landless. These poor whites lived a marginal existence as laborers and
tenants, at odds with slaves, but also engaging in complex and sometimes clandestine relations
with them. Some yeomen hoped to acquire slaves themselves, but many were content with selfsufficient
non-market agriculture. Yeomen supported slavery because they believed that it
brought them higher status.
PLANTERS Most slaveholders owned only a few slaves and frequently drifted in and out of
that status as bad crops or high prices curtailed or increased their income. Middle-class
professionals had an easier time climbing the ladder of success. Andrew Jackson used his legal
and political position to rise in Southern society. Beginning as a landless prosecutor, he died a
plantation owner with over 200 slaves.
Most slaveholders inherited their wealth but sought to expand it. As slavery spread so did the
slave-owning elite. The extraordinary concentration of wealth in places like Natchez created an
elite lifestyle. But most wealthy planters lived fairly isolated lives. Although some planters
cultivated an image of gracious living in the style of English aristocrats, the reality was that
plantations were large enterprises that required much attention to a variety of tasks. Plantations
aimed to be self-sufficient.
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#777870 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Obama screwed both parties, as well as the USA.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#777871 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I will never understand. Where do they think this money comes from? I know me and you know but why don't they? A lot of these libtards on here claim to run or have run businesses. Yet they can't understand this simple concept. I don't get it?
Evidently you only know business that require employees with no training, no skills, no push.

Look, Oh great & wonderful stay-at-home businessman, I've run a few companies & plants & I offered all the benefits - full paid healthcare, vacations, sick says , life insurance and a good living wage. And over the many years, I only had one employee leave to work elsewhere.

I wasn't the highest paying shop in town but everyone wanted to work with me.

I had super employees that did a great job & we all made lots of money.

But hey, you go ahead & hire part timers at minimum wage & see what you get.

My God, you people act like you know something about running a business? Please, you obviously don't know sh*t.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777872 Oct 19, 2012
Following southern paternalism, in theory, each plantation was a family with the white
master at its head. The plantation mistress ran her own household but could not challenge her
husbandís authority. They frequently spent extended periods isolated on rural plantations. With
slaves to do much of the labor conventionally assigned to women, it is no surprise that plantation
mistresses accepted the system. The slave system rested on coercion and violence. Slave women
were vulnerable to sexual exploitation, though sometimes long-term relationships did develop.
Children of master-slave relationships seldom were publicly acknowledged and often remained
in bondage.
THE DEFENSE OF SLAVERY Slavery lay at the base of southern society and gave rise to
various pro-slavery arguments. In the post-Revolution era, Southern whites found justifications
in the Bible or by pointing to classical Greece and Rome. They pointed out that the Constitution
recognized slavery and that they were defending property rights. Fearing slave revolts, growing
abolitionism, and the cutting off of expansion, by the 1830s southerners barricaded themselves
against outsiders and to stifle debate on the subject. But they also developed arguments that
slavery was good for the slaves. George Fitzhugh contrasted slavery, which created a community
of interests, with the heartless individualism that ruled the lives of northern factory workers.
Despite efforts to stifle debate, some southern whites objected to slavery. The growing cost of
slaves meant that the percentage of slaveholders was declining and class divisions widening.
Hinton Rowan Helper denounced the institution, indicating tensions between rich and poor in the
South. But the lines within the South remained tightly drawn.
CONCLUSION The cotton economy had grown rapidly, but slavery was an international
anachronism, out of place in the modern world.
Lecture Suggestions
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#777873 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Barack is the woman, and Michele is the man.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777874 Oct 19, 2012
Look at the nature of the Southern economy and show students why expansion was so
crucial. As it was the clash over the expansion of slavery that led to the Civil War, this
would seem a crucial point. Emphasize the inefficiency of slave labor and that
slaveholders found it cheaper to keep moving rather than maintain their soil. This created
a society that was hungry for fresh lands and set in motion a chain of events that led to a
confrontation with the equally land-hungry North.
2. Examine the role of the nonslaveholders. Emphasize their importance to the maintenance
of the slave system. Examine why they supported the slave system, even though they did
not own slaves. Emphasize that the yeomanry in the plantation areas had connections
with slaveholders and that non-plantation yeomen wanted to be left alone. See Bill Cecil-
Fronsmanís Common Whites (Kentucky, 1992) on this point.
3. To discuss slave life, divide the lecture in half. The first half would examine the brutality
of the slavesí existence. The second half would examine how the slaves were able to
survive. Focus on how the institution stripped slaves of their dignity, but that they were
able to forge an existence that allowed them some degree of control over their own lives.
Make the connection to the material in Chapter Four on the development of African-
American culture.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777875 Oct 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
just proves that Mika is overpaid and not all work is equal...
She found out she was paid 14% less than Scarborough and almost quit.$2 million to make smirks and roll her eyes isn't bad change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 53 min SLY WEST 980
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 59 min SLY WEST 774
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 50,471
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 183,933
Prophet suleiman as. Did he really have a broth... 3 hr 1 Deen 1
Oak Street Beach likely owned/run by violent mobs. 4 hr King Clubman 1
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 5 hr SLY WEST 7,919

Winter Storm Watch for Cook County was issued at January 30 at 8:52PM CST

Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games