Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#777646 Oct 19, 2012
In the end companies will screw themsleves as there won't be anyone left to buy their product no matter how cheap they sell it.
finding

Brookland, AR

#777647 Oct 19, 2012
Every
fred

Milford, CT

#777648 Oct 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
ABJECT ABJECT ABJECT
Seriously, you rightwingers need some new material, you're boring the hell out of us
Scott Rasmussen &#8207;@RasmussenPoll

#Florida:#Romney 51%,#Obama 46%... http://tinyurl.com/84ewfg7
Jane Says

New York, NY

#777649 Oct 19, 2012
Mark Steyn:

'Obviously, a healthy mature democracy should spend its quadrennial election on critical issues like the Republican Party's war on puppets rather than attempting to "politicize" the debate by dragging in stuff like foreign policy, national security, the economy and other obscure peripheral subjects.

But, alas, Obama chose to "politicize" a security fiasco and national humiliation in Benghazi.

At 8.30 p.m., when Ambassador Stevens strolled outside the gate and bid his Turkish guest good night, the streets were calm and quiet.

At 9.40 p.m., an armed assault on the compound began, well-planned and executed by men not only armed with mortars but capable of firing them to lethal purpose – a rare combination among the excitable mobs of the Middle East.

There was no demonstration against an Islamophobic movie that just got a little out of hand. Indeed, there was no movie protest at all.

Instead, a U.S. consulate was destroyed and four of its personnel were murdered in one of the most sophisticated military attacks ever launched at a diplomatic facility.

This was confirmed by testimony to Congress a few days ago, although you could have read as much in my column of four weeks ago.

Nevertheless, for most of those four weeks, the President of the United States, the Secretary of State, the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and others have persistently attributed the Benghazi debacle to an obscure YouTube video – even though they knew that the two events had nothing to do with each other by no later than the crack of dawn Eastern time on Sept. 12, by which point the consulate's survivors had landed safely in Tripoli.
finding

Brookland, AR

#777650 Oct 19, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
Obama needs another Nobel Peace Prize for doing "nothing"
He had done nothing to get the first Nobel peace prize, so who knows he might get another one,lol
Obama bad for America

Los Angeles, CA

#777651 Oct 19, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Douche Bags and humans..I see the teabags are out early spreading there stupidity around..The liberals rule you now and for the next 12 years........suck it up or move out....you won't be missed,maybe you could find a job in China.
Blablablablabla...you're president is loosing it, so are you ...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#777652 Oct 19, 2012
Sell your sh!t at Walmart for a low price, they don't care they make their money on sheer volume.

Keep screaming for tax cuts for the rich, you deserve to have your job shipped overseas.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777653 Oct 19, 2012
women’s power was prevalent religious values which stressed marital partnerships (Levy
1988:193-230), social activism of Quaker women (Soderlund 1987), and a high degree of
economic independence by women of means (Wilson Waciega 1987). These factors fostered
greater gender equality in Pennsylvania than was commonly found in other American colonies.
However, women’s suffrage still had a longtime to come.
Although abolitionists had been active in the Pennsylvania since the 17th century, the
laws governing gradual abolition were not passed until late in the 18th century (DuBois 1899;
G. Nash 1973, 1988, 1990; Soderlund 1985; Soderlund and Nash 1991). Chester County
residents regularly used slave labor (see Figure 20) and continued to hold slaves into the 19th
century. Servants in Pennsylvania were fewer in number and are believed to have had shorter
contracts than in other British colonies (Lemon 1972:10; Galenson 1981:124, 139), but
Chester County residents participated fully in the trade of indentured laborers.
A factor contributing to wealth equality in early Chester County was the limited
authority and benevolent attitude of the colonial proprietors. As Jean R. Soderlund (1983:19-
29) relates, the Lords of Trade had learned from the ten previous American colonies that they
had to curtail proprietary authority in order to maintain financial control. However, William
Penn had royal allies who were financially and politically indebted to his war-hero father. The
result of lengthy negotiations was that Penn’s charter granted him only middling authority.
Penn and his colonists were free from direct Parliamentary or royal control like that
experienced in Virginia and New York, but stopped short of the kingly authority invested in
the proprietor of Maryland or the corporate self-rule allowed in Massachusetts
Obama bad for America

Los Angeles, CA

#777654 Oct 19, 2012
...your ...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#777655 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> A serious question. I'm wondering how much annually their power bill went up? Do they only charge them at home? I'd appreciate an honest answer.
Since it's Dave you'll probably get one if he knows it.

I asked Gunner for an honest answer yesterday so he deleted the question from my post. Friggin' weasel.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777656 Oct 19, 2012
A conservative, California-based filmmaker said this week that his company is distributing more than a million free copies of a conspiracy-laden DVD that claims much of what the public knows about President Barack Obama's early life is false.

The movie — called "Dreams From My Real Father" — began appearing in Central Florida mailboxes sometime last week.

Obama biographer David Maraniss called the movie "preposterous." Maraniss, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter, said it is "depressing to have so much fictional, unreported, conspiratorial, unhistorical stuff floating around."

"This DVD is the worst of the bunch," he wrote in an email, "which is saying something."

The movie has also been dissected by an Atlanta attorney named Loren Collins. Collins has blogged extensively about the film, concluding, "It's just complete bunk."
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/...
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#777657 Oct 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bullcrap, it's all about increasing profit margins and pure greed. The richest 1% want it all and fck the rest of us.
Agreed Homer. Hey can you loan me a $20 for lunch, I haven't had a chance to get to the bank.
fred

Milford, CT

#777658 Oct 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bullcrap, it's all about increasing profit margins and pure greed. The richest 1% want it all and fck the rest of us.
Nonsense. The Kenyan's communist government makes it too expense to create physical labor jobs in America.

If you don't believe fred, listen to Bill Clinton

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#777659 Oct 19, 2012
Does anyone have the clip of Dolan to post?
Pinot wrote:
<quoted text>
I was late to a meeting because I hung around for Cardinal Dolan. He was priceless, as was Alfred Smith V. Romney's timing was spot on.
http://conservativepapers.com/news/2012/10/18...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#777660 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I really should just quit posting to your dumbazz__you don't know shyte so you just run off at the mouth (keyboard). The average age of Cadillac buyers has been steadily dropping for the past twenty years. Lincoln? Not so much.
Now if they could just learn to drive them.
fred

Milford, CT

#777661 Oct 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>VHB??? You never had an original thought in your miserable life, did you? Typical Fox watching, Limbaugh listening, republican rich man's boot licker, voting against his own best interests (if not for that felony conviction).
fred was retweeted!

@JenEnnenbach @clairecmc @DLoesch Remember this? McCaskill spits on Romney's ear piece Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Oct 8, 2008 | Salena Zito
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777662 Oct 19, 2012
Despite its egalitarian origins, the distribution of taxable wealth in Chester County
became increasingly unequal and steadily rose to levels in keeping with other northern states,
England, and in Wales (Main 1977:560; Soltow 1981, 1984, 1989:264). Undoubtably, the
nascent American hierarchy was nurtured by the replacement of disarticulated parliamentary,
royal, and proprietary interests with a unified national government centered in nearby
Philadelphia. As Ireland (1995:267) has persuasively argued, Pennsylvania’s ratification of the
constitution came only after Anti-Federalists’ concerns with the potential growth of “privilege,
hierarchical structures, and authoritarian institutions” was superceded by the immediate
problem of tax debt and falling market prices. Federalists promised that these obstacles would
be overcome by unification which would foster “security, prosperity, international respect, and
commercial opportunity.” The majority of Chester County voters chose economic growth
over social equality, and thereby aligned themselves with the Federalist core in Philadelphia
(Ireland 1995:182-216).
Contemporary observers linked productivity in Pennsylvania with prevailing ethnic
stereotypes. Benjamin Rush, a noted Philadelphia physician, held that one could identify the
plantations of Pennsylvania Germans from their English neighbors by the fertility and neatness
of their holdings. Benjamin Franklin admired Pennsylvania German’s “habitual industry and
frugality” and their ability to “under live others.” Pennsylvania’s Governor George Thomas
credited the large German population with the colony’s high level of productivity. Whereas
Germans were regaled for their industry, Scotch-Irish yeomen were seen as natural-born
frontiersmen who were indifferent agriculturalists (Lemon 1966).
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#777663 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> A serious question. I'm wondering how much annually their power bill went up? Do they only charge them at home? I'd appreciate an honest answer.
Homer spends a lot every month on power ball, but that isn't quite the same thing, is it?
chicken waffle 4 obama

Euless, TX

#777664 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Let google be your friend, try "average age of cadillac buyer"
I did...its around 57 for Cadillac...

Audi is luxury car for young...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777665 Oct 19, 2012
WASHINGTON -- At a recent campaign stop in Pennsylvania, Mitt Romney expressed amazement at a gas station's touch-screen sandwich-making process.

"I went to a place called Wawa's today, you ever been there?... You press a little touchtone keypad, you touch this, touch this, go pay the cashier, there's your sandwich. It’s amazing,” Romney said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationwor...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 13 min Weneedchange 150
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min SpaceBlues 46,604
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,984
Amy 9-16 47 min Mister Tonka 31
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 47 min andet1987 615
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr Blwlgo 1,923
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,807
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr cheluzal 98,213
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••