Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777656 Oct 19, 2012
A conservative, California-based filmmaker said this week that his company is distributing more than a million free copies of a conspiracy-laden DVD that claims much of what the public knows about President Barack Obama's early life is false.

The movie — called "Dreams From My Real Father" — began appearing in Central Florida mailboxes sometime last week.

Obama biographer David Maraniss called the movie "preposterous." Maraniss, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter, said it is "depressing to have so much fictional, unreported, conspiratorial, unhistorical stuff floating around."

"This DVD is the worst of the bunch," he wrote in an email, "which is saying something."

The movie has also been dissected by an Atlanta attorney named Loren Collins. Collins has blogged extensively about the film, concluding, "It's just complete bunk."
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/...
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#777657 Oct 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bullcrap, it's all about increasing profit margins and pure greed. The richest 1% want it all and fck the rest of us.
Agreed Homer. Hey can you loan me a $20 for lunch, I haven't had a chance to get to the bank.
fred

Milford, CT

#777658 Oct 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bullcrap, it's all about increasing profit margins and pure greed. The richest 1% want it all and fck the rest of us.
Nonsense. The Kenyan's communist government makes it too expense to create physical labor jobs in America.

If you don't believe fred, listen to Bill Clinton

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#777659 Oct 19, 2012
Does anyone have the clip of Dolan to post?
Pinot wrote:
<quoted text>
I was late to a meeting because I hung around for Cardinal Dolan. He was priceless, as was Alfred Smith V. Romney's timing was spot on.
http://conservativepapers.com/news/2012/10/18...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#777660 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I really should just quit posting to your dumbazz__you don't know shyte so you just run off at the mouth (keyboard). The average age of Cadillac buyers has been steadily dropping for the past twenty years. Lincoln? Not so much.
Now if they could just learn to drive them.
fred

Milford, CT

#777661 Oct 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>VHB??? You never had an original thought in your miserable life, did you? Typical Fox watching, Limbaugh listening, republican rich man's boot licker, voting against his own best interests (if not for that felony conviction).
fred was retweeted!

@JenEnnenbach @clairecmc @DLoesch Remember this? McCaskill spits on Romney's ear piece Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Oct 8, 2008 | Salena Zito
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777662 Oct 19, 2012
Despite its egalitarian origins, the distribution of taxable wealth in Chester County
became increasingly unequal and steadily rose to levels in keeping with other northern states,
England, and in Wales (Main 1977:560; Soltow 1981, 1984, 1989:264). Undoubtably, the
nascent American hierarchy was nurtured by the replacement of disarticulated parliamentary,
royal, and proprietary interests with a unified national government centered in nearby
Philadelphia. As Ireland (1995:267) has persuasively argued, Pennsylvania’s ratification of the
constitution came only after Anti-Federalists’ concerns with the potential growth of “privilege,
hierarchical structures, and authoritarian institutions” was superceded by the immediate
problem of tax debt and falling market prices. Federalists promised that these obstacles would
be overcome by unification which would foster “security, prosperity, international respect, and
commercial opportunity.” The majority of Chester County voters chose economic growth
over social equality, and thereby aligned themselves with the Federalist core in Philadelphia
(Ireland 1995:182-216).
Contemporary observers linked productivity in Pennsylvania with prevailing ethnic
stereotypes. Benjamin Rush, a noted Philadelphia physician, held that one could identify the
plantations of Pennsylvania Germans from their English neighbors by the fertility and neatness
of their holdings. Benjamin Franklin admired Pennsylvania German’s “habitual industry and
frugality” and their ability to “under live others.” Pennsylvania’s Governor George Thomas
credited the large German population with the colony’s high level of productivity. Whereas
Germans were regaled for their industry, Scotch-Irish yeomen were seen as natural-born
frontiersmen who were indifferent agriculturalists (Lemon 1966).
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#777663 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> A serious question. I'm wondering how much annually their power bill went up? Do they only charge them at home? I'd appreciate an honest answer.
Homer spends a lot every month on power ball, but that isn't quite the same thing, is it?
chicken waffle 4 obama

Euless, TX

#777664 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Let google be your friend, try "average age of cadillac buyer"
I did...its around 57 for Cadillac...

Audi is luxury car for young...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777665 Oct 19, 2012
WASHINGTON -- At a recent campaign stop in Pennsylvania, Mitt Romney expressed amazement at a gas station's touch-screen sandwich-making process.

"I went to a place called Wawa's today, you ever been there?... You press a little touchtone keypad, you touch this, touch this, go pay the cashier, there's your sandwich. It’s amazing,” Romney said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationwor...
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777666 Oct 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I can only assume that what happened to the Democrats after the Civil Rights Movement is just one more of those things you never learned.
White Democrats are still the yeoman class BLACKS JUST DON'T SEE THINGS FROM PROPER HISTORY,so your little BS DEMOCRATIC WHITE WASH ONLY FOOLS QUIMBO AND SAMBO
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#777667 Oct 19, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed Homer. Hey can you loan me a $20 for lunch, I haven't had a chance to get to the bank.
Sure. Here. Keep it. Consider it a gift.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#777669 Oct 19, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer spends a lot every month on power ball, but that isn't quite the same thing, is it?
I don't buy lottery tickets, assuming that's a lottery.
chicken waffle 4 obama

Euless, TX

#777670 Oct 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
A conservative, California-based filmmaker said this week that his company is distributing more than a million free copies of a conspiracy-laden DVD that claims much of what the public knows about President Barack Obama's early life is false.
The movie — called "Dreams From My Real Father" — began appearing in Central Florida mailboxes sometime last week.
Obama biographer David Maraniss called the movie "preposterous." Maraniss, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter, said it is "depressing to have so much fictional, unreported, conspiratorial, unhistorical stuff floating around."
"This DVD is the worst of the bunch," he wrote in an email, "which is saying something."
The movie has also been dissected by an Atlanta attorney named Loren Collins. Collins has blogged extensively about the film, concluding, "It's just complete bunk."
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/...
I had to smash in the face of my good friend waffle to get him to stop watching that movie!

What a duma$&
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#777671 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Now if they could just learn to drive them.
Don't even get me started on people's driving.

Serious question is that all you rightwingers driving down the highway in the left lane?

Move the fck over, Homer has places to be.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#777672 Oct 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not syaing it is. I'm saying pretty soon their's will be the only jobs left. People will have to work 3 shifts to get by. Those are the kinds of jobs Romney created while at Bain, the good ones they shipped overseas. I know I know, Flack says well then work 3 shifts then.
You really believe that, eh? I am using a canadian accent today.

Is that why Bill Clinton complimented Romney's efforts at Bain by using the term sterling to describe it?

Please use a haiku format to respond.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777673 Oct 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I can only assume that what happened to the Democrats after the Civil Rights Movement is just one more of those things you never learned.
Also if you were in class earlier this week instead of playing with DEM, Lilly,Real dave,you would see who were the Champs of the civil rights movement not White demoncrats dixie libs and the education system for BLACKS was destroyed by WHITE LIBS DEMS, Without WHITE LIB DEMS BLACKS FOUGHT TO GET IN SCHOOL AFTER WHITE LIB DEM INVOLVEMENT BLACKS FIGHT IN SCHOOL
Jane Says

New York, NY

#777674 Oct 19, 2012
To "politicize" means "to give a political character to."

It is a reductive term, capturing the peculiarly shrunken horizons of politics: "Gee, they nuked Israel. D'you think that will hurt us in Florida?"

So media outlets fret that Benghazi could be "bad" for Obama – by which they mean he might be hitting the six-figure lecture circuit four years ahead of schedule.

But for Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, it's real bad. They're dead, over, gonesville.

Given that Obama and Secretary Clinton refer to Stevens pneumatically as "Chris," as if they've known him since third grade, why would they dishonor the sacrifice of their close personal friend by peddling an utterly false narrative as to why he died? You want "politicization"?

Secretary Clinton linked the YouTube video to the murder of her colleagues even as the four caskets lay alongside her at Andrews Air Force Base – even though she had known for days that it had nothing to do with it.

It's weird enough that politicians now give campaign speeches to returning coffins. But to conscript your "friend's" corpse as a straight man for some third-rate electoral opportunism is surely as shriveled and worthless as "politicization" gets.

In the vice-presidential debate, asked why the White House spent weeks falsely blaming it on the video, Joe Biden took time off between big toothy smirks to reply: "Because that was exactly what we were told by the intelligence community." That, too, is false. He also denied that the government of which he is nominally second-in-command had ever received a request for additional security.

At the risk of "politicizing" things, this statement would appear also to be untrue.

Instead, the State Department OUTSOURCED security for the Benghazi consulate to Blue Mountain, a Welsh firm that hires ex-British and Commonwealth Special Forces, among the toughest hombres on the planet.

The company's very name comes from the poem "The Golden Journey To Samarkand," whose words famously adorn the regimental headquarters of Britain's Special Air Service in Hereford.

Unfortunately, the one-year contract for consulate security was only $387,413 – or less than the cost of deploying a single U.S. soldier overseas.

On that budget, you can't really afford to fly in a lot of crack SAS killing machines, and have to make do with the neighborhood talent pool.

So who's available? Blue Mountain hired five members of the Benghazi branch of the February 17th Martyrs' Brigade and equipped them with HANDCUFFS & BATONS.

A baton is very useful when someone is firing an RPG at you, at least if you play a little baseball. There were supposed to be four men heavily armed with handcuffs on duty that night,

but, the date of Sept. 11 having no particular significance in the Muslim world, only two guards were actually on shift.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#777675 Oct 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. Here. Keep it. Consider it a gift.
Great. Thanks, can I count on the same every week, adjusted for inflation of course. That way I can cut back on my hours at work.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777676 Oct 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
ALSO I BELIEVE IN HUMAN RIGHTS THAT COVERS EVERYONE. I OWE THE DEMOCRATS NOTHING human right for all poor rich BLACK WHITE MALE FEMALE HUMAN RIGHTS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 179,285
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 47,488
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 4 hr Karma is a B 43
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr KiMerde 50,607
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL 70,024
$15/hr. for fast food employees..... 9 hr joey 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr Grau 68,643
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]