Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1747033 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#778558 Oct 20, 2012
Conservative girl wrote:
oops... type: Death & Deceit in Benghazi, in You tube search engine to view the Brett Baier report. It is a must see.
Since you keep recommending him (because you agree with him), you should know that his first name is spelled “Bret."
Stephaniescrayon box

London, KY

#778559 Oct 20, 2012
leosnana wrote:
One more time, "HERE I WILL REPOST FOR THE COMPREHENDING IMPAIRED....
Romney on Libya: Just shameful
Playing politics on national security
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/romney-lib ...
The last of the presidential debates will focus on national security and will surely produce another round of sniping about what happened before, during and after the raid on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Voters, therefore, ought to think about this issue in context.
Karl Rove, the Republican evil genius of campaign slurs, is famous for advising candidates to attack an opponent’s strong suit. If Sen. John Kerry is a decorated war hero and your guy avoided going to Vietnam, then attack Kerry’s service record. If Sen. Max Cleland lost limbs fighting for America, question his patriotism.
The problem is that those two outrageous attacks worked, as have many others like them.
Why is the attack on Bengahzi being talked about so much? It is not because the Republicans have a long record of caring about embassy security. House Republicans cut $128 million in fiscal year 2011 and an additional $331 million in fiscal year 2012 from what Secretary of State Clinton requested for embassy security.
No, it’s because their polling and focus groups show that voters believe that President Obama has done a very good job fighting terrorists. Therefore, the Rove theory says, you attack Obama on terrorism.
DOH!!!!! MAYBE KARL IS THE PROBLEM...WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF $$$$$$ HE MADE OFF THE DUMB ASS RNC....."
Typical oboTIC lemming bootwalk. When the truth eleudes-blame it on anyone else!!!

Sorry Stephanie Cutter-stop chewing the paper off the side of the phat crayons, you're making a mess.
TSM

United States

#778560 Oct 20, 2012
I think Romney should just ask the simple question” My President were you aware of the previous attacks on Benghazi prior to 9/11?”

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#778561 Oct 20, 2012
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
As a resident of Hamilton County (Cincinnati), I’m extremely anxious about whether my votes for incumbents Obama, Biden and Brown will be counted or discarded.(I voted early.)
As you may know, Ohio’s corrupt Secretary of State, Jon Husted, has tried every trick in the Rapepublicans’ playbook to suppress votes for Democratic candidates. We have billboards posted in minority areas warning that “voter fraud” is a crime. We have people wearing shirts saying “Let’s put the white back in the White House.” We have concerns about biased voting machines. We will have “True the Vote” goons “monitoring” voters at the polls. Of course, we also have GOP candidates who invent their own alternate realities by saying anything that they believe people want to hear, even though they have also said the opposite. Oh yes, they also want to “redistrict” Ohio.
I’m frankly amazed that there is not more of national uproar about a once-reputable political party resorting to brazen tactics like serial mendacity, voter suppression, voter intimidation and corrupt polling practices in a dishonest effort to steal political victory.
Don't get me started on the stealing of Ohio, 2004. They already have redisticted...I have a really nice home in Boehner's district that will be on the market next year. I'd make Kucinich a really good deal on it if he were to be so inclined.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778562 Oct 20, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It was planned in that someone had a half dozen or so large cans of fuel oil on hand.
Obviously you're another fkstk who hasn't bothered to go beyond FOX or the RW blogs for your information.
Too bad for there is a lot of very good (sensible) information out there and some terrific photos and maps that debunk the entire RW line.
Issa might be in hot water over his unnecessary release of of "sensitive" documents for mere political purposes particularly if/when Libyans in the employ of US intel start showing up dead.
Post some links please.

You see I don't see this as a right or left issue but an issue of the truth and from where I sit the truth or anything near it has not been forthcoming from this Whitehouse.

What we do know is this attack was coming, months of unrest, two previous attacks and Ambassador Stevens many emails and diary tell us this. It's a tragedy the state department never listened or this may never have happened.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#778563 Oct 20, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It was planned in that someone had a half dozen or so large cans of fuel oil on hand.
Obviously you're another fkstk who hasn't bothered to go beyond FOX or the RW blogs for your information.
Too bad for there is a lot of very good (sensible) information out there and some terrific photos and maps that debunk the entire RW line.
Issa might be in hot water over his unnecessary release of of "sensitive" documents for mere political purposes particularly if/when Libyans in the employ of US intel start showing up dead.
One ambassador, two seals...approx eight other "service ops" and about double that of "local security patrols"....(precious) minutes away...via means of having to travel through ARMED and FIRING street militia first.

Against a couple platoons of well armed militia--already on spot.

A little more than a "spontaneous" erruption of diesel fuloe carrying thugs.

The ad script kiddies need to go back to school--learn some real world stuff. The Kindergarten sandbox level mudslinging aint cuttering it.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012

We will not go gentle

#778564 Oct 20, 2012
Turtlemancountry wrote:
<quoted text>
Did a good job with the TRUTH, didn't they!!
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Return America to the ADULT folks with some functioning BRAIN cells again!
Here in Kentucky Progressives have gotten quite used to the hypocrisy of the Senator who represents Communist China for the state of Kentucky, Mitch McConnell. However, even as hypocritical as he has always been in fighting against working men and women all over the world, sometimes his stunning hypocrisy actually manages to surprise. Like on the banking bailout and new regulations. Of all folks in Washington it seems McConnell would be the one that would just want to keep his mouth shut. I guess when you have gotten away with flat-out lies and rank hypocrisy for so long however, you just expect to keep doing it.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778565 Oct 20, 2012
Before someone regurgitates the Ryan cut Embassy spending line. This was voted on and passed equally by both parties. However whoever voted for this it is irrelevant in regards to this particular event. As from Lambs own testimony, cuts had no baring on the lack of security in Benghazi.

This defence is just another in a long line of attempts to muddy the truth.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#778566 Oct 20, 2012
Realtime wrote:
WTH we doing in Libya?

Charity should start at HOME-in AMERICA....minding and tending to our OWN backyard messes!!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Experience FOR America-IN America!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#778567 Oct 20, 2012
carol wrote:
Romney won the endorsement of the Orlando Sentinel, sitting smack dab in the swing I-4 corridor. Even more impressive for Romney, he won over an editorial board that sided with Obama in 2008. The searing editorial reads like a gut punch to Obama.
Obama, on the other hand, won the endorsement of The Denver Post in the all-important Western swing state of Colorado, which, of late, has been tied but trending slightly toward Romney.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/19...
Even though Obama may have won the newspaper endorsement in Colorado, the article also said Colorado has been trending slightly toward Romney...
...which means it ain't over til it's over.
As someone on here always says on here, "stuff's getting better."
(Busy day today...so later.)
The Orlando Sentinel a Tribune Corp newspaper has had a long history of endorsing Republicans__there are exceptions, in 08 for instance the editorial board favored Obama over McCain and Orlando Mayor Dyer is always favored over the various mullets who oppose him. Nothing special Carol, business as usual, the beat goes on doo dah-doo dah. He didn't win or earn the endorsement, Mike Lafferty handed it to him. Mickey Mouse, Rich DeVos Clarence Otis and most of the other O-Town muckety mutts are all registered Republicans.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778568 Oct 20, 2012
TSM wrote:
I think Romney should just ask the simple question” My President were you aware of the previous attacks on Benghazi prior to 9/11?”
In fairness I don't think Obama can be expected to know about every single attack or attempted attack.
However if he had attended his national security meetings then perhaps he may have done.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#778569 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
An hour and 30 mins to gather RPG's and grenades for a 5 hour attack. Sounds like a spontaneous attack to me?
They knew within 24 hours that this was a Terror attack yet were reluctant to say so. Everyone also knew that this was not about a video the date kind of tells you this. If it wasn't a lie then it's gross incompetence as according to Biden they were told this was not a terror attack for days after the event. Problem with that is the fact Obama maintains he knew hence his words the day after in the Rose Garden. Oh so someone did lie then, Ooops!!
The irony is that this wouldn’t even be up for discussion if not for the opportunistic hackery of the Romney campaign and Fox News. Through their own shortsightedness, they handed this victory to President Obama.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#778570 Oct 20, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Here in Kentucky Progressives have gotten quite used to the hypocrisy of the Senator who represents Communist China for the state of Kentucky, Mitch McConnell. However, even as hypocritical as he has always been in fighting against working men and women all over the world, sometimes his stunning hypocrisy actually manages to surprise. Like on the banking bailout and new regulations. Of all folks in Washington it seems McConnell would be the one that would just want to keep his mouth shut. I guess when you have gotten away with flat-out lies and rank hypocrisy for so long however, you just expect to keep doing it.
Yeah--we had some idiot partisan no brain, terrorist type thugs, who actually threatened the Congressmans' offices with political violence, when he held out FOR the state-in lieu of need-as the UI system was already in deficit,(PRE-major layoffs in some areas of the state) of some of that porkulous stimulous redistribution.

Ignorance in action..."Romney bahhhhbahhhduhhhh...cuz him is duh rich man"!

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about”(JW Goethe)

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
REAL EXPERIENCE!

We will not go gentle

#778571 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
Before someone regurgitates the Ryan cut Embassy spending line. This was voted on and passed equally by both parties. However whoever voted for this it is irrelevant in regards to this particular event. As from Lambs own testimony, cuts had no baring on the lack of security in Benghazi.
This defence is just another in a long line of attempts to muddy the truth.
Why don't you provide a link to show the voting was equally divided. Where are you really, Rod? London, KY; Paris, TX; Versailles, OH?

"House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012....Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security”— a charge Republicans rejected.

Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.

That's the problem with budget cutting: it sounds great when you're thumping tubs on the campaign trail in front of adoring tea party crowds, but when the actual work of governing comes up, those cuts have to come from actual programs that do actual things. Like protecting our embassies."
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#778572 Oct 20, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
The irony is that this wouldn’t even be up for discussion if not for the opportunistic hackery of the Romney campaign and Fox News. Through their own shortsightedness, they handed this victory to President Obama.
Well we'll see but I disagree.

Just a quick observation - If the new narrative is now the intelligence was mixed as it was too early to make a definitive assessment. Then why is Obama now claiming he declared this a terror attack the day after?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#778573 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
In fairness I don't think Obama can be expected to know about every single attack or attempted attack.
However if he had attended his national security meetings then perhaps he may have done.
Any POTUS, should know immediately about any attack, concerning America. That's the number one job responsibility of.

If not-then-DOMESTIC policy Failure as well!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
The Veteran

Salt Lake City, UT

#778575 Oct 20, 2012
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
yeah that was the problem, America thought hey were ready for a black president, they didn't actually think is he the right candidate for the job? Or is he qualified to hold the highest office in the country? And they didn't even make sure that the highest office in this country is supposed to be for a natural born American citizen, and last I heard they never followed through on making sure he was when there were so many questions about the legitimacy of his US citizenship? If people thought the country was ready for a black president then Obama was clearly the wrong choice, even the black community at large is saying what the hell did we do?????? I mean the man has always been embarrassed and ashamed of his heritage so much that he didn't even go by his legal birth name growing up going through school, he went by a very WHITE sounding name because he didn't want his peers to think he was African American so he went by a different name other then his legal liberty name.. So if the country wants to prove its ready for a black president then we should have elected one that at least was proud of his race and heritage instead of one who tried to mask his true race by using a fake name, how can the black community hope to have the black man represent them if he's afraid to actually admit he is of African American descent? The answer is he can't, and he did nothing to help the African American community, but he sure as hell supports the Muslim community which I find suspect of his true intentions, the man has been called the Antichrist of America for gods sake..I mean I'm just saying..... I have nothing against any religious groups of any kind but there is so many terrorist acts committed by Muslim extremists against America that I think it's kind of strange that one holds the office of US President? I don't care what color the president is, but what I do care about is his intentions and ability to run the country in a direction that makes things better and in his term things have progressively worse week by week.... Month by month.... And year by year and hopefully Americans will go back to the only question that matters when electing the next president, will he improve the current state of affairs? And has Obama done that during his term? And the clear answer is not only NO, BUT HELL NO!!!! And when we do get a new president then it's going to take half his first term to even begin to repair the damage done during obamas term before he can even begin to just be the new president and work for a better tomorrow.. It's time for a change and a change for good because if Obama is re elects I'm afraid of what's going to happen in America? Aren't you? We could end join a civil war, the first war on American soil in many many years, I fear things will only get worse if he is re elected for a second term, I mean think how much damage has been done in only 4 years, what will things look like in 8? I'm not sure but I'm not willing to find out, are you?

We will not go gentle

#778576 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
"I asked National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor about the findings, and whether there were any instances where the president attended the intelligence meeting that were not on his public schedule. Vietor did not dispute the numbers, but said the fact that the president, during a time of war, does not attend his daily intelligence meeting on a daily basis is “not particularly interesting or useful.” He says that the president reads his PDB every day, and he disagreed with the suggestion that there is any difference whatsoever between simply reading the briefing book and having an interactive discussion of its contents with top national security and intelligence officials where the president can probe assumptions and ask questions.“I actually don’t agree at all,” Vietor told me in an e-mail,“The president gets the information he needs from the intelligence community each day.”

Yet Vietor also directed me to a Post story written this year in which Obama officials discuss the importance of the intelligence meeting and extol how brilliantly the president runs it.“Obama reads the PDB ahead of time and comes to the morning meeting with questions. Intelligence briefers are there to answer those questions, expand on a point or raise a new issue,” The Post reported.“One regular participant in the roughly 500 Oval Office sessions during Obama’s presidency said the meetings show a president consistently participating in an exploration of foreign policy and intelligence issues.”

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Conroe, TX

#778577 Oct 20, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bengha...
So now the CIA is also "complicit".
I can't wait to hear what the talking heads on FOX have to say about that one. But if one of you nutjobs would like to some preemptive paraphrasing, I'm sure you'll come close.
Aaawwwww, bullshit.
The attack was watched live on video, and the video was seen by anyone who cared enough about what happened to even give a minimal amount of time to look at it.
The video is diametrically opposed to the lies from Obama.

But, we still want to know who in the White House told Al Qaeda when the ambassador was going to be entering the ambush so he could be forced into the killbox.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#778578 Oct 20, 2012
Mile wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we'll see but I disagree.
Just a quick observation - If the new narrative is now the intelligence was mixed as it was too early to make a definitive assessment. Then why is Obama now claiming he declared this a terror attack the day after?
Follow this circuitous line of criticism:

First Republicans said Obama didn't call the attack an act of terror until two weeks later. Then they said Obama may have used the phrase the day after the attack, but he didn't really mean it. Now the complaint has been reduced to King whining that the line should have been higher up in the speech?

In other words, President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appeared together to address the crisis at 10:43 a.m., the morning after the attack. The chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee complained, on national television, that the president referred to the violence as an act of terror at 10:47 a.m., instead of 10:44 a.m.

This is what it's come to. Republicans were almost giddy with the prospect of complaining that Obama waited "almost two weeks," which has now been downgraded to "almost four minutes." No wonder Romney no longer seems eager to talk about the issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ms 13 50 min DEAD SERIOUS 9
Trump is A 1 hr HILLARY LOST 642
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr FART HIDE 64,573
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Junket 12,260
UFO Research Group 4 hr Ron L 1
Looking for attractive black guy 6 hr straight 1
we see on tv that teachers in arizona may walk ... 8 hr teachers need money 1

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages