Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
720,801 - 720,820 of 1,082,880 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama doesn't specifically say that the killings in Libya were a terrorist attack, we were supposed to believe that that was in fact what he was saying.
Now
Obama's words are "If four Americans get killed, it’s not optimal." and we are supposed to believe that he was talking about the actions leading up to and after.
You will defend him no matter what he says/doesn't say/fails to say.
When a country sends people around the world to poke there noses in where we don't belong. some will get killed ...we never learn....it's optimal and stupid...just send another fool...Romney would be a good ambassador to send to palastine...Iran,libia, afganistan,or Cuba. he speaks spanish and french,hell he's a meaican send him to hell
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

OBAMA IS A COMMUNIST! What would you say if you woke up tomorrow and discovered that your CIVIL RIGHTS were gone? Hmmmmmm? It's only a short jump from a society that encourages entrepreneurial spirit and free enterprise, and the GULAG!!(spelling?)
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>it's about time.
Infinitely better than the now infamous "hope and change".

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been misinformed.
NO KIDDING!!!!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Barack Obama didn't stand a chance.
It wasn't even a fair fight.

The president was palpably better at Hofstra than he was at the University of Denver, but that pesky shadow -- his actual record in office -- continues to follow him onto the stage like a stalker.

He cannot get away from it.

Cicero couldn't.

It's the 1,000-pound anchor dragging down his candidacy.

As well as Obama did stylistically -- his Ivy League debate training showed itself on Tuesday -- substantively, he tanked. Obama found himself in the untenable position of defending a record that a majority of Americans believe to be subpar.

Almost 6 in 10 voters say the country is moving in the wrong direction, and the president, by the very nature of a re-election campaign, is forced to say "Let's keep doing things my way."

That's a nearly impossible task to get away with --even for a talented politician like Barack Obama.
I always tell my clients that taking down an incumbent requires an indictment of his or her record. If you cannot make the argument why the current officeholder should be removed, he or she won't be. Voters will always stick with the devil they know.

Mitt Romney was a prosecuting attorney Tuesday night, and he had an overwhelming trove of evidence with which to indict the president.

The most lethal weapon in his arsenal was Obama's own promises from 2008 and 2009. After an African-American audience member, who had voted for the president last time, suggested he was unsure of why he should support him again, the former

Massachusetts governor pounced:
President Obama promised to have unemployment at 5.4 percent today. It's at 7.8 percent -- a difference of 9 million fewer jobs.

The president said he'd cut the deficit in half. He doubled it instead;

He said he's cut the cost of health care $2,500 per family. It's gone up $2,500.

He promised immigration, Social Security and Medicare reforms. Where are they?

Gov. Romney was almost breathless at points, trying to work the ammunition at his disposal into his allotted time.

That's where the fight was unfair.

There were no knockout punches thrown Tuesday, but a lot of body blows from the challenger landed.

Romney also must have mentioned jobs, small businesses and the middle class two dozen times each -- which is exactly what he had to do. The president had a prettier performance, but Romney was methodical, and he continued the indictment of the incumbent that he began in Colorado.

The president, like Vice President Joe Biden before him, made one incredible blunder at Hofstra: He again fueled the controversial story line of Libya. No matter what this administration tries to do to put the Benghazi terrorist attack behind it, it seems to make it worse by the day.
It's become almost weird.

The president boldly claimed at the debate that on the Monday after the 9/11/12 attack, he called the action "terrorism" in a Rose Garden news conference. But it wasn't how he characterized the attack throughout the Rose Garden event -- no matter what debate moderator Candy Crowley said.

Instead, he noted only generally that "no acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

If, indeed, the president had believed the 9/11/12 attacks to be an orchestrated terrorist operation, why did the White House, the Pentagon, the UN Ambassador and campaign officials continue to suggest for two weeks that the attacks began with spontaneous demonstrations?

That now needs to be answered -- extending this news cycle at least several more days.

Americans can deal with an intelligence failure, but they won't tolerate a cover-up. Yet that is what this increasingly seems to be.

Barack Obama did a good job debating Tuesday night. But as the expression goes, one cannot put lipstick on a sow.

William F. B. O'Reilly
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane got the wide stance rolling.
Here's our "little friend" again! Does he ever just STFU?

Republican Rep. Joe Walsh, running against Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth in Illinois, told reporters Thursday night that there should be no abortion exception for the "life of the mother" because "with modern technology and science, you can't find one instance" in which a woman would actually die, according to a radio station. Walsh, of course, is flat wrong.

"There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing," Walsh continued. The comments were first reported by the Illinois radio station WGN.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/18/joe-...
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Volt is an OK product. I know people that have them & think they are great.
If we invested in R & D, you'd be running through the streets screaming how we spent money & didn't even produce a single car yet. And you know it.
I know hundreds of companies that have benefited in the green jobs initiatives that would likely be out of business today without it.
Hundreds. Family owned businesses.
name one....that benefited except by sucking up taxpayer money....

if GM could not produce the Volt for less than $40K, they should have gone back to the drawing board....

by the way, "OK product" is hardly a ringing endorsement.....

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
Obama is a joke. MAYBE if he had enough extra terms he's finally figure out the job creation is different than, DEBT creation, but I'm not sure he's that smart?
This coming from a person who voted for Bush who doubled the debt & left office with the worst recession in 80 years.

That recession etched these trillions in debt in stone. That recession lost over a trillion in revenues alone. It added hundreds of billions to unemployment, social services costs, meanwhile we still had two unfunded quagmire wars & unfunded medicare & government expansions carried over from the previous administration.

If you really don't like debt, then you need to ask yourself what happened that took us from a balanced budget in 2001 to this mess we have today.

It didn't happen under Obama.

Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

You know, dem, that's soooo true. Even though "the wide stance" has fallen into disrepute of late, I still prefer it. I don't know why? I guess I'm a dinosaur? I have noticed that a lot of fighters are going back to it, so I don't feel quite so ancient anymore... it's just comfortable. They say back leg kicks are too slow and that the wider your stance the slower your kick but that doesn't seem to be true for me. I can still put my foot on the side of their face before they can do anything about it so why tamper with success?
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

"For the well-off in this country, high gas prices are mostly an annoyance, but to most Americans they're a huge problem, bordering on a crisis." - B. Hussein Obama

B. Hussein Obama declares rising energy costs to be "one of the most dangerous and urgent threats this nation has ever faced" and that gas prices "are wiping out paychecks and straining businesses."

(This said while campaigning in the summer of 2008.)
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

beggars for Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just out in the Natl Archives....barely able to read what is written in the Constitution and Dec of Independance....
If you going to sell stuff sell Grand Canyon....
Or red wood forests....
I know, I know. You sickos are all fans of THE DEBIL and this seems funny to you. But you're sick! You're sick! Do you want this country to collapse? REPORT HIM!

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so dumb to not know the facts:
In 1999 Bill Clinton coerced Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to institute nationwide a subprime housing mortgage underwriting program.
This Democrat program created a mountain of what was called "toxic assets."
These individual bad mortgages were hidden inside traunches and sold by mother companies to "Special Purpose Vehicles" created by the mother companies in foreign countries, then the mother companies bought the bulk traunches back from their "Special Puropose Vehicles", replacing the individual bad loans on their books with a single traunch, making it impossible to investigate.
These traunches were given fraudulent AAA ratings and sold to municipalities throughout Europe to fund their pension plans and bond projects.
In 2003 the looming disaster was identified by the Director or OFHEO in a Congressional hearing, while the Democrats were negotiating for no effective oversight of their lunatic subprime housing loan program, in exchange the Democrats supported the invasion of Iraq.
In january, 2007, the Democrats took control of all oversight of the financial institutions that collapsed our economy after 2 years of Democrat oversight.
The Democrats' idiotic subprime loan program not only collapsed our economy, the Democrats collapsed municipal economies throughout Europe, putting enough strain on the national governments of Europe to cause the social collapse we're witnessing today because those governments are unable to fund their social programs and pay for the recovery of the economic crisis the Democrats' ludicrous subprime loan program caused them.
Kindly explain to us why would the financial institutions that caused the collapse gave so much bribe money to Obama, in the whole of Congress it was only Christopher Dodd that they gave more to.
To answer this, you have to explain why Obama was so important to the financial institutions that caused the collapse. After all, you know they weren't just giving that money to Obama for nothing.

Oh for Christ's sake quit your lying. Obama did not do any of it.

According to yu. none of it had to do with:
unfunded ta cuts
unfunded expansion of government
unfunded Afghanistan war
unfunded Iraq War
Unfunded expansion to Medicare
Unfunded record Earmarks.

All voted for by Paul Ryan & the Republicans & signed by Bush.

When will ever admit that YOUR party did this.

Instead you keep repeating the failed CRA excuse.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

What Happens If Romney Wins?

....It is likely that the bad habits that marred Republican rule in the 2000s will resume, and the incentives to retain power will tend to trump any constitutional and fiscal objections to new legislation and increased spending.

....It is possible that Republican control of the White House and the House of Representatives might not produce the fiscally irresponsible policies that marked the early Bush years, but experience suggests that fiscal conservative rhetoric expires when a new Republican administration begins.

....Temperamental and dissident conservatives will have the opportunity to tap into rank-and-file distrust and dissatisfaction with Romney, who will almost certainly try to govern in a more “centrist” fashion than most conservatives want.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I overheard this conversation yesterday, between a man and a woman over age 65:
Man: That Hussein Obama, he's, he's, never had a job in his life"
Woman: Oh, I know, it's because of his background
Man: Hussein Obama is giving out free foodstamps and welfare and disability, advertising it on tv so they'll vote for him
Woman: I just hate it when they try to lump us on Medicare in with them
Man: Yeah, that Hussein wants to lump us in with the lazy blacks who have been on welfare their whole lives
Woman: Oh I know, it's his background
Man: You know more than Hussein Obama does, Romney doesn't need the money, he's sacrificing his life to help this country
Everything you heard is correct. The only thing they left out is how Obama took 700 billion from Medicare to provide free health care to 30 million illegal aliens. Oh, and the seniors will be reduced to Medicaid rates as Medicare will be eliminated. Oh and they'll be denied care and aborted by death panels.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Joe the plumber wrote:
President Obamas campaign is going down the drain.
You tell them, Joe. Over and over and over...
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

'Why Mitt’s winning over women

An interesting story from last winter: An e-mail friend who lives in an affluent suburb far from Washington, a staunch Republican, was watching one of the Republican debates with his wife, a staunch Democrat.

He was surprised by her response to Mitt Romney.“He’s a grown-up. He’s someone who is reliable,” he told me she said.“People will feel safe if he is in charge.”

I’ve been thinking about that e-mail.

There’s obviously been a surge toward Romney. He was trailing in just about every national poll conducted before Oct. 3. He has been leading in most conducted since.

His national lead was matched as swing state polls came in. In the realclearpolitics.com average of recent polls, he’s ahead or even in states with 248 electoral votes. He’s ahead, even or within 2 points in states with 301 electoral votes, 31 more than the 270-vote majority.

Fascinatingly, it appears that he’s made greater gains among women than men. The USA Today/Gallup poll has him running even with Barack Obama among women, 48 to 48 percent. Pew has women at 47 to 47.

That’s a huge difference from 2008, when the exit poll showed Barack Obama leading John McCain among women by 56 to 43 percent. Men favored Obama by only 1 point.

All the evidence suggests that the first debate made the difference.“In every poll we’ve seen a major surge in favorability for Romney,”

Democratic pollster Celinda Lake told USA Today’s Susan Page.

“Women went into the debate actively disliking Romney,” she went on,“and they came out thinking he might understand their lives and might be able to get something done for them.”

That sounds a lot like what my e-mail friend’s wife said last winter.'

Michael Barone
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from a person who voted for Bush who doubled the debt & left office with the worst recession in 80 years.
That recession etched these trillions in debt in stone. That recession lost over a trillion in revenues alone. It added hundreds of billions to unemployment, social services costs, meanwhile we still had two unfunded quagmire wars & unfunded medicare & government expansions carried over from the previous administration.
If you really don't like debt, then you need to ask yourself what happened that took us from a balanced budget in 2001 to this mess we have today.
It didn't happen under Obama.
Democrats are 100% responsible for the collapse of the financial sector. The Kenyan's communist coup made the economy worse.

HOW ABOUT $300 MILLION IN PUBLIC FUNDING FOR CLEAN ENERGY FIRM WORKERS TO SIT AND PLAY CARDS? That’s what is happening at LG Chem, another of those electric car battery makers that got major federal funding, according to a local Michigan television news operation. Only problem is there’s almost no demand for what LG Chem makes.

“GONE FISHING”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Joe the dumb plumber wrote:
President Obamas campaign is going down the drain.
and into the septic tank we call the republican party,he's destroying the germ scum we call teabag bigots and coming out on top saving America once again....Praise God President Obama rules......
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

The trick is, if "trick" is the right word, to feint slightly with the back leg when you see her start breathin' hard. Then relax slightly like you thinkin' about it... then you clock her. Works every time. It's some kind of instinctive thing?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I picked out one on the list.
Range fuel received their first government assistance in 2007.
Who was President then??
Range Fuels (cellulosic ethanol) received $46 million from Bush and $42 million from Hussein....proving only that green energy is an equal opportunity scam.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

110 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min wojar 175,035
last post wins! (Apr '13) 20 min boundary painter 300
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min boundary painter 4,564
Word (Dec '08) 32 min boundary painter 4,588
Abby 7-29 53 min j_m_w 16
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 54 min boundary painter 475
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 56 min boundary painter 1,197
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,573
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••