Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264685 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

mr owl III

Oklahoma City, OK

#777803 Oct 19, 2012
A dead battery for your car, Giant bird killers, and Yes we have plenty of oil....

"An economy awash in oil"

"Forget the doomsayers. Cheap abundant fossil fuels will drive our future."

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/10/18/awash-in-o...
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777804 Oct 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I couldn't believe you're this stupid...how long did it take us to know ALL about the first 9/11? "Ben Ladin determined to attack inside the US;" no WMD's in Iraq; bin Laden in Pakistan; Cheney's contractors getting people killed for fun and profit. You're pathetic to crow so much nonsense of four dead Americans...hope karma hurries up and comes for you and the Romneys...
Separating fact from fiction is one of the great challenges for historians We do a lot of myth-busting these days Historical research is key to dispelling legend
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777805 Oct 19, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Moore, nuff said.
Michael Moore made documentaries shown in movie theatres, this video was made to denigrate the Presidents family, claiming to show nude photos of the Presidents mother; its being sent to peoples homes.

That's not a comparison
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777806 Oct 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of the already retired elderly who lost their money in the stock market have had to go back to work and are competing for those jobs. It's sad.
most folks just rode out the storm and didn't lose any money....

retired elderly people who are heavily invested in the market, except in very conservative stocks...are fools.....
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#777807 Oct 19, 2012
Obama's funniest joke last night? "7.8% unemployment"

Is California Scheming to Make the Obama Economy Look Better?

Not only did California fail to report its numbers, the man in charge of the agency responsible for reporting those numbers is ó cue the dramatic sting ó an Obama donor.

Marty Morgenstern, the secretary of the California agency that substantially under-reported unemployment claims last week, contributed to President Barack Obamaís 2008 presidential election campaign.
ó

Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown appointed Morgenstern to lead the California Labor & Workforce Development Agency in 2011. The state agency oversees the Employment Development Department.

According to campaign disclosure records, Morgenstern donated $4,600 ó the maximum amount allowed by law ó to the 2008 Obama camapaign, beginning with a $1,000 contribution to Obama for America in February 2008. Morgenstern followed up that donation with a $1,300 contribution in June, and then a $2,300 payout in early September.
dem

United States

#777808 Oct 19, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>just like the unions warn their members of an end to their gravy train if Obama isn't re-elected, CEOs are telling their employees of an end to their jobs if Obama is re-elected.

haven't heard much more about the WARN act being dismantled for all the job layoffs pending due to the defense cuts.

must be another bit of news that needed to "fade away" because it points to the hypocrisies and failures of the Obama presidency.
Hi Jane.
Glad you're feeling better.
Your breakdown earlier was startling.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777809 Oct 19, 2012
mr owl III wrote:
Pres Obama, equal pay for equal work, and everyone's fav liberal network....
"After all, according to the Daily Beast (whose editor, Tina Brown, is a frequent guest on the show), Scarborough makes a cool $4 million per year, while Brzezinski's salary is half as much, coming in at $2 million per year."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/msnbc-hos...
just proves that Mika is overpaid and not all work is equal...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777810 Oct 19, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the temperature and time for baking pizza would kill any bacteria...
What about the fingernails? Ok you eat that.
dem

United States

#777811 Oct 19, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>

Who is John Galt?
The priests co ck you suck?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777812 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
I had a Cadillac Coupe de Ville in 1979! It was huge!! Nothing like a Cadillac ride. I drove a rental STS for a month while shopping for a new car; I totally loved it, almost bought one. It's got that touchscreen XM radio, loved it, lots of pep too.
leftwingers love gas guzzlers.....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777813 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
The Chinese are buying Buicks, more sold there than here. Have you seen the new Buicks? There not an old guy car anymore, they're beautiful
too big.....
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#777814 Oct 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Pathetic. But at least you agree with what I have been saying for years, rightwingers have been sitting on the sidelines which is why the economy isn't growing at a faster rate. I only wish I had been wrong, but they are a bunch of stubborn jackasses. Any ahole that would sit on the sidelines just to see Obama and the rest of the country fail is a complete scumbag in my eyes.
When there's a republican president and the leftwingers are "sitting on the sidelines" doing nothing, what will your excuse be then - "payback's a bitch?"
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777815 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Right because they require the same skills to manufacture as Nike's???
hardly.....
dem

United States

#777816 Oct 19, 2012
Gunner wrote:

Not only did California fail to report its numbers, the man in charge of the agency responsible for reporting those numbers is ¬ó cue the dramatic sting ¬ó an Obama donor.

Marty Morgenstern, the secretary of the California agency that substantially under-reported unemployment claims last week, contributed to President Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential election campaign.
¬ó

Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown appointed Morgenstern to lead the California Labor & Workforce Development Agency in 2011. The state agency oversees the Employment Development Department.

According to campaign disclosure records, Morgenstern donated $4,600 ¬ó the maximum amount allowed by law ¬ó to the 2008 Obama camapaign, beginning with a $1,000 contribution to Obama for America in February 2008. Morgenstern followed up that donation with a $1,300 contribution in June, and then a $2,300 payout in early September.
Hey azzhole did you read the early reports on Octobers numbers?
Expected to dip to 7.3%

Please kill yourself if it does.
I can't stand to watch you suffer, whine, and lie any longer.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777817 Oct 19, 2012
TO BE A SLAVE Between 1790 and 1860, the slave population grew from 700,000 to four
million. During this period, a distinctive African-American community developed because most
slaves lived in groups of ten or more and so were able to form a sense of community. The
reliance on natural increase meant less, new African influences on community development. The
slavesí first challenge was to survive, for their life expectancy was significantly lower than
whites. Slaveholders claimed they treated their slaves more humanely than northern industrialists
treated their workers. Slaves typically lived in one-room cabins with dirt floors and a few
furnishings. Slaves received the essentials for survival like food and clothing, though neither was
adequate and were frequently supplemented by the slavesí own efforts. To survive, slaves
learned how to avoid punishments and to flatter whites. Some slaves worked as house servants
but most were field hands and were under constant white supervision. Some slaves were skilled
workers, filling in the positions left vacant due to the absence of immigrant labor. But 75 percent
worked as field hands, from sunup to sundown. They performed the heavy field labor needed for
getting out a cotton crop, driven by the threat of the masterís lash. Not surprisingly, many
suffered from poor health. The opening of western lands contributed to the instability of slave
life, as many were separated from their families by sale or migration and faced new hardships in
the West.
mr owl III

Oklahoma City, OK

#777818 Oct 19, 2012
Pres Obama, times are a changin, and Tennessean endorses Romney...

"Tennessean ends Democratic trend, endorses Romney"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49465435/ns/local...
dem

United States

#777819 Oct 19, 2012
Gunner wrote:

Not only did California fail to report its numbers, the man in charge of the agency responsible for reporting those numbers is ¬ó cue the dramatic sting ¬ó an Obama donor.

Marty Morgenstern, the secretary of the California agency that substantially under-reported unemployment claims last week, contributed to President Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential election campaign.
¬ó

According to campaign disclosure records, Morgenstern donated $4,600 ¬ó the maximum amount allowed by law ¬ó to the 2008 Obama camapaign, beginning with a $1,000 contribution to Obama for America in February 2008. Morgenstern followed up that donation with a $1,300 contribution in June, and then a $2,300 payout in early September.
Is this your ninth or tenth conspiracy this week?

Btw it was Gallup predicting the 7.3%

Darn.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#777820 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
I had a Cadillac Coupe de Ville in 1979! It was huge!! Nothing like a Cadillac ride. I drove a rental STS for a month while shopping for a new car; I totally loved it, almost bought one. It's got that touchscreen XM radio, loved it, lots of pep too.
I'm getting slammed by (R) PACS on the phone and in the mailbox__what bullshyte these people are pushing. Alliance for America's future is blasting away at the EPA regarding it's war on coal. "Over the last few years" the ads say__as though Obama created the EPA.

American Crossroads, Crossroads GPS and fkn cell phone calls from strange locations___Ogden Utah for instance.

That Citizens United Act has upset the nations political balance.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#777821 Oct 19, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I never shop at Walmart, they could be giving sh!t away, Homer recognizes the underlying damage they are doing.
that is certainly your right....Walmart should be punished for hiring so many minorities and unskilled folks....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#777822 Oct 19, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Right because they require the same skills to manufacture as Nike's???
Just how much does the cheapest Nike cost? I don't know that's why I ask. I know I hear a lot of them are in the $200 range.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,745
Dova J Thomas your daughter Amber is looking fo... 34 min Dawn B 1
Best value kit'chens of europe reviews 7 hr selamet 1
Ask Amy August 3 8 hr mrs gladys kravitz 9
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 8 hr _Zoey_ 443
Word (Dec '08) 9 hr _Zoey_ 5,383
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr _Zoey_ 6,260
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 hr PEllen 100,306
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages