Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275131 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#777706 Oct 19, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have seen this movie too? No wonder yer all sick in the head
The Democrats would never stoop to such a low. Rightwingers are swine.
Michael Moore, nuff said.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#777707 Oct 19, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up Homer...
Jobs are shipped overseas because the product would be too expensive to manufacture in America. Taxes, union extortion, EPA, OSHA regulation, high energy prices all created by big government. Apple IPADs would cost $2,000 if built in America. duh
OBAMA’S PROBLEM: Obama lacks an agenda to compensate for his lousy record. Yep. He made things worse, and he doesn’t have a plausible plan to make things better. So it’s binders and Big Bird and “war on women.”
Why can't they understand that?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#777708 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Michael Moore is a Rightwinger?
fred

Milford, CT

#777709 Oct 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Bid Bird? Is R'Money planning to buy something else and move it to China? The truth, maybe?
Vote your #ladysmarts not #ladyparts ==> http://youtu.be/vqbufYJio58
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#777710 Oct 19, 2012
Vice President Joe Biden asked supporters Thursday at a Nevada campaign event,“How many of you know someone who served in Iraq or Iran?”

Biden was joined at the event by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and embattled Senate candidate Rep. Shelley Berkley. At Biden’s question, Reid raised his hand.

At the event, Biden also said that when it comes to the Young Guns – a group of younger Republicans, including Rep. Paul Ryan — the “bullets are aimed at you.”
Harry the Liar,Just automatic
nowadays?????
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777711 Oct 19, 2012
WHITE DEMOCRAT=yeoman

yeoman, in English history, a class intermediate between the gentry and the labourers; a yeoman was usually a landholder but could also be a retainer, guard, attendant, or subordinate official. The word appears in Middle English as yemen, or yoman, and is perhaps a contraction of yeng man or yong man, meaning young man, or attendant. Geoffrey Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales (late 14th century) depicts a yeoman who is a forester and a retainer. Most yeomen of the later Middle Ages were probably occupied in cultivating the land; Raphael Holinshed, in his Chronicles (1577), described them as having free land ...
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#777712 Oct 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Bid Bird? Is R'Money planning to buy something else and move it to China? The truth, maybe?
I am sure you had some kind of point, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.....sterling comeback.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#777713 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
McDonalds will have to provide healthcare plans with ACA. That't the whole point, that everyone is insured.
If you’re doing God’s work and God is perfect, how come you’re always wrong?” he said.“Is it that you can’t follow instructions or is Jesus just dicking you around?”
“The reason I ask,” Maher continued,“is because in 2008, Focus on the Family tried to frighten their vast mailing list of snake-handlers and early-onset dementia patients by sending out a letter with a set of predictions of what our nation would look like if we elected that Evil Count Chocula as our president.”
Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1pYmQ )
It will be ten dollars for a Big Mac. At a nice place you will see $50 for a $25 meal now. You libtards just don't get it.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#777714 Oct 19, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"loosing" it!!! Hydra alert! Hydra alert! They're everywhere! They're really nowhere!
oh no, all eight of Leosnotta's illegitimate kids took their dirty diapers off at once. the landlord must really love your section 8 voucher.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#777715 Oct 19, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yep sure do. anybody who thinks they can only work 40 hours a week and improve their life (I mean climb into the upper middle class) is kidding themselves. I ,at times, worked over 85 hours a week for years. That was when I was young. People were like you need to enjoy your self more. They worked their 40 and went home. Guess what! They are still working that 40 hour week and will until they just can't anymore. Then they will rely on whatever is left of the government assistance till they die. Me? Well you know that story.
Flack working 85 hours a week at some sh!t job isn't going to get you ahead, if you can even do that anymore. If they are not moving their jobs overseas companies are stripping away benefits and cutting hours. Look I understand what you are saying but that isn't as viable an option as it was years ago.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#777716 Oct 19, 2012
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#777717 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Shark Eyes~! Did you see this spoof on SNL? It's hilarious!
"You don't scare me shark eyes," "Biden" tells "Ryan" at one point in the sketch. "You think you're tougher than me because you do the P90X workout? Because you're younger than me? Well, let me tell you something buddy. There's gym strong and there's old man strong
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/snl-...
No but I tivo SNL so I'll watch it this weekend. Sounds funny, I love their political satire.
fred

Milford, CT

#777718 Oct 19, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks buddy. If you need me this afternoon, I will be on the golf course. My golf buddies and I will be discussing the serious decline in quality of Dominoes Pizza. We like to blend in current topics conversations with golf. It makes use feel more engaged with main stream america.
fred played golf yesterday at Lyman Orchards in Durham. It was a beautiful October day in Ct. Trees very colorful.

Me and my buddy talked about pizza too!
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#777719 Oct 19, 2012
WASHINGTON -- At a recent campaign stop in Pennsylvania, Mitt Romney expressed amazement at a gas station's touch-screen sandwich-making process.
"I went to a place called Wawa's today, you ever been there?... You press a little touchtone keypad, you touch this, touch this, go pay the cashier, there's your sandwich. It’s amazing,” Romney said.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationwor...
You forgot to mention Obama's 57 states. Have another drink and pretend you're sober.
Jonathan Hemlock

Bronx, NY

#777720 Oct 19, 2012
Approximately 5 to 10 percent of the white population fell into the fourth class. Poor whites were landless tenant farmers and poor laborers who went from job to job as available. The majority of this class was illiterate and performed the lowest level of jobs. Although excluded from the ranks of the social, political, and economic elite, poor whites, like yeomen, supported the basic social hierarchy established by the planter class because it protected their position as higher than that of the enslaved. Many common whites not only verbally supported the slave system, they also served on slave patrols and county militias that guarded against slave revolts and tracked down runaways. When the time came for war, this class filled the Confederate ranks and fought to defend the very system that kept them at the bottom of the white social order. This is perhaps one of the reasons the Civil War has been described as “a rich man’s war, but a poor man’s fight.”

North Carolina had a rather large population of free African Americans — 30,463 in 1860 — who constituted the fifth social class. Approximately 10 percent of the black population fell into this category. The most sizable free black communities were in Wilmington, New Bern, and Halifax. Over two-thirds of this class was mulatto, that is, persons of mixed race. Although some blacks traced their freedom back to the Revolution, or even before, most obtained liberty from manumission or emancipation by their owner. In the wake of Nat Turner’s rebellion and fears of other insurrections, freedom by emancipation became more difficult by mid-century, with new laws restricting where freed slaves could live and setting high costs to the owner for freeing them. Some enslaved people purchased their own freedom or freedom for family members. Owners sometimes hired out trusted slaves, allowing them to keep a portion of their salary. If an enslaved person could save enough funds and the owner was agreeable, freedom could be purchased.
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#777721 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Peppy said the President wants women to be able to get abortions at Walmart; but I disagree.
They should be able to get them at McDonalds drive through, then they can just go right home and not have to get out of the car and stuff.
Why don't you just get it done like usual,behind your warehouse on Dixie Highway.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#777722 Oct 19, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks buddy. If you need me this afternoon, I will be on the golf course. My golf buddies and I will be discussing the serious decline in quality of Dominoes Pizza. We like to blend in current topics conversations with golf. It makes use feel more engaged with main stream america.
Remember to say hi to the attendant, that's about as close as you will come to mainstream America.

Speaking of Dominos, that new commercial they are running with the hand made pizza dough with the lady and her bare hands and finger nails pressing the dough, put some gloves on for cryin' out loud. Homer knows how many of you don't wash your hands after using the bathroom without mentioning any names.

Needless to say Homer will be passing on the hand made pizza from Domino's.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#777723 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
The Democrats would never stoop to such a low.
Oh no...never. Democrats are the last bastion of goodness and morality. LOL
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#777725 Oct 19, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Serious question are all the unlicensed, uninsured illegal aliens hitting bridges on parkways or driving the wrong way because they can't read the signs Democrats?
Possibly.
Obamasharpton

Lakewood, NJ

#777726 Oct 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Leftwinger swine like you give democrats an even worse reputation than they already have; have another drink.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 9 min boundary painter 1,346
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min SpaceBlues 54,498
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 23 min boundary painter 6,405
ask amy 8-29-15 24 min boundary painter 2
abby 8-28-15 31 min boundary painter 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 57 min Fahey Flynn 100,633
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 196,945
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages