Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
720,261 - 720,280 of 1,079,806 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you think a black president would end racism, idiot ?
You are right for once, Obama has done his best to keep racism and bigotry alive.
Mile

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel about the same, maybe slightly more optimistic, as I remember my mistake in voting for Jimmy Carter. When I corrected that and voted for Reagan the next time around the Democrats had Regan losing big time and said he was going to start WWIII. Instead Regan won 46 states and Carter only won 4 states. In addition, Reagan, Maggie & Gorby freed Eastern Europe, took down the Berlin Wall and the U.S.S.R. changed.
I think there is a good chance Ohio will go Romney. Ohio went Republican two out of the last three times.
Check this out:
http://www.270towin.com/states/Ohio
46 to 4 or a trouncing on a simillar scale this time would be fantastic and would restore my faith!

Very interesting reading and I take heart in seeing past results swinging to the GOP. Although two things stand out. One, Kerry should have been well beaten not just by 2 points and Two, the unions are now more of a factor this time around. Hopefully the Republican turnout will be up with the Dems down and this makes the difference?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What is insane about these two wonderful fathers who will fight for women's rights ?
Democratic men love women.
Yup they love em, and then many of them(abortionists) get rich off of abortion.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Would Romney Inherit a Full Economic Recovery?

National Review’s Kevin Williamson asserts that “winning will be no bed of roses” for a prospective Romney administration:

The economic growth rate in January 2013 probably will be approaching zero, our international standing has been diminished by Obama’s clumsiness and timidity, and our fiscal position is untenable. Romney is working very hard to secure for himself a big box of insoluble problems.

This tracks with what I was thinking as of late September:

Unemployment may remain high until as late as 2017. Such job growth as we have seen over the last four years has mostly been in the low-wage service sector. The deleveraging process of U.S. households may drag on through the next decade, depressing the growth engine of consumer spending. As Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke has said, the economy as a whole can’t recover until the housing market does — which, despite signs of modest improvement, could take several more years.

But this month we learned, via Moody’s Analytics, that the deleveraging process is actually well on its way: U.S. household debt loads are comparable to where they were in 2006, and the amount of after-tax income devoted to debts and lease obligations is at its lowest level since 1984. And the all-important housing sector? Housing starts spiked in September 15 percent to their highest level in four years. Add to that healthy retail sales this past summer and rising consumer confidence.

To qualify: The economy has a long way to go. Fiscal uncertainty looms. Median household incomes fell in August. In a still-lousy job market, wage growth remains sluggish at best.

Yet as The Daily Beast’s Daniel Gross notes,“One by one, over the past two years, the gears that make the mighty consumer engine go have been engaged.”

What this means is that, if he’s elected, Romney may inherit an economy that, while far from ideal, has achieved escape velocity. President Obama, meanwhile, will have borne the brunt of the nastiest crisis since the Depression and still gotten the boot. One man’s unjust legacy is another man’s just deserts, however. Recall that George H.W. Bush passed on an already-recovered economy to his successor, Bill Clinton, who in turn passed on a recession to George W. Bush.

For better and worse, that’s how it works: the economy is the potter and presidents are the clay.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/would-...
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Homer wrote:
Tagg Romney says he wanted to ‘take a swing’ at Obama during the debate
Mitt Romney's eldest son joked to a local radio station that President Obama's jabs at his dad made him want to “take a swing at him.”
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/tagg...
Nice
But he didn't, did he. He has something that Dems have little of, self-control.

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
"Romney Ryan favor personhood, this would make contraception illegal."
Since when?
"He is such an absolute insult to American women that it is beyond comprehension"
Speaking of an insult to women, did you hear about the women who dressed up like vaginas?
Both said they support personhood.

This would make certain types of contraception illegal.

It would curtail curtail avenues of fertilization techniques.

It would put women at higher risks during pregnancy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

What Romney Didn’t Say About the Bush Record

Ezra Klein notes what Romney didn’t say in his response when asked what his biggest differences with Bush were:

Notice what he didn’t say there. He didn’t say that Bush had gotten anything wrong before leaving office as one of the most unpopular presidents in history. He didn’t say,“You’re right to be skeptical of Republicans, because we didn’t live up to your expectations last time.” He said, rather,“Have you heard about my five-point plan?”

What’s remarkable about Romney’s answer was that he didn’t even acknowledge or endorse the questioner’s main concern, which was that the Bush administration presided over major debacles that are still adversely affecting the U.S. The questioner was worried that Romney would repeat Bush’s errors, and he responded by rattling off a campaign agenda that Bush could and did run on. Like Bush, Romney talks about fiscal conservatism, but Romney gave the woman no reason to believe he would govern differently. It was Romney’s “just trust me” argument all over again, and he failed to acknowledge that one of the reasons so many people don’t trust him is that he doesn’t seem to have many major differences with Bush.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
FTN

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Little Red Hen 2012

"Who will help me plant my wheat?" asked the little red hen.

"Not I," said the cow.

"Not I," said the duck.

"Not I," said the pig.

"Not I," said the goose.

"Then I will do it by myself." She planted her crop and the wheat grew and ripened.

"Who will help me reap my wheat?" asked the little red hen.

"Not I," said the duck.

"Out of my classification," said the pig.

"I'd lose my seniority," said the cow.

"I'd lose my unemployment compensation," said the goose.

"Then I will do it by myself," said the little red hen, and so she did.

"Who will help me bake the bread?" asked the little red hen.

"That would be overtime for me," said the cow.

"I'd lose my welfare benefits," said the duck.

"I'm a dropout and never learned how," said the pig.

"If I'm to be the only helper, that's discrimination," said the goose.

"Then I will do it by myself," said the little red hen.

She baked five loaves and held them up for all of her neighbors to see. They wanted some and, in fact, demanded a share but the little red hen said, "No, I shall eat all five loaves."

"Excess profits!" cried the cow..(Nancy Pelosi)

"Capitalist leech!" screamed the duck.(Barbara Boxer)

"I demand equal rights!" yelled the goose.(Jesse Jackson)

The pig just grunted in disdain..(Harry Reid)

And they all painted 'Unfair!' picket signs and marched around and around the little red hen, shouting obscenities.

When the farmer (Obama) came he said to the little red hen, "You must not be so greedy."

"But I earned the bread," said the little red hen.

"Exactly," said Barack the farmer. "That is what makes our free enterprise system so wonderful. Anyone in the barnyard can earn as much as he wants. But under our modern government regulations, the productive workers must divide the fruits of their labor with those who are lazy and idle."

And they all lived happily ever after, including the little red hen, who smiled and clucked, "I am grateful, for now I truly understand."

But her neighbors became quite disappointed in her. She never again baked bread because she joined the 'party' and got her bread free. And all the Democrats smiled.'Fairness' had been established.

Individual initiative had died but nobody noticed; perhaps no one cared so long as there was free bread that 'the rich' were paying for.

And perhaps....this is the end..........

And the next week, there was no bread, or anything else to eat. So, they all starved equally.

EPILOGUE

Bill Clinton is getting $12 million for his memoirs.

Hillary got $8 million for hers.

That's $20 million for the memories from two people, who for eight years repeatedly testified, under oath, that they couldn't remember anything.

DO WE LIVE IN A GREAT BARNYARD OR WHAT?

November is coming
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

CNN Dismisses Republican Criticism Of Moderator Candy Crowley: Romney ‘Did Not Have As Good A Night’

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/cnn...
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>ironic post of the day
fred was retweeted!

Your Tweet was retweeted!

@Miller51550 Candy Crowley, battle axe, gave Mitt Romney 40 whacks. When she saw what she had done, she gave America 41.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Last week, conservative pseudo-intellectual Dinesh D’Souza was featured on a conference call for Rick Scarborough’s 40 Days to Save America. D’Souza said Obama is “attacking the traditional values agenda” by supporting marriage equality and abortion rights, arguing that “Obama doesn’t like traditional Christianity because he identifies it with colonialism.” However, D’Souza’s rhetoric about “traditional morality” may be undermined by the fact that at a recent conference he reportedly shared a hotel room with a woman other than his wife, whom he introduced as his fiancé. D’Souza later admitted to getting engaged to his girlfriend even though he is still married, but denies sharing a hotel room with her at the conference.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/dsouza-...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
But he didn't, did he. He has something that Dems have little of, self-control.
Not exactly...he mentioned the fact that there are always a lot of those pesky secret service agents, lacking horses and a sense of humor for wee lads, around. LOL Thompson's son calls him a Kenyan on camera now Tagg goes on record wanting to hit him...this last generation of republicans seems to be as hopeless as those of the Mafia.
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>i say you could post to me, fffuckface?
Calling Rev Wright...

JEWS LOSING FAITH IN OBAMA?“The signs and portents are everywhere, beginning with the special election of a Republican in Anthony Weiner’s heavily Jewish, New York congressional district one year ago. Now a startling new poll even has Romney performing the ultimate miracle: the parting of the blue states, winning the Jewish vote by a healthy 44% to 40%!”
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly...he mentioned the fact that there are always a lot of those pesky secret service agents, lacking horses and a sense of humor for wee lads, around. LOL Thompson's son calls him a Kenyan on camera now Tagg goes on record wanting to hit him...this last generation of republicans seems to be as hopeless as those of the Mafia.
America catches up to fred and calls the impostor a Kenyan...

fred is an oracle

fred was retweeted!

Your Tweet was retweeted!

@Miller51550 Candy Crowley, battle axe, gave Mitt Romney 40 whacks. When she saw what she had done, she gave America 41.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't set wages.
Simple enough for you?
Or would you like big government to set wages.
Are you gunner?
Your principles seem confused.
But shouldn't a champion for women's rights, and equal pay, and all that stuff, make it a point to look at that within his administration?
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

No, I think not. You would have done better had you not started your shyte with me yesterday. Uncalled for and unprovoked.

Like you asked: "We see where it goin'".
And like I replied: "Where I take it. And where you take it".
Well, you took it down the wrong road. Because you like confrontation, you're a hostile person full of hate and fury ...

And, hey, I'm not tolerating your BULL-SHYTE. Nobody is anymore.
Or haven't you noticed? You've lost your edge.

I'm not "playing" with you. I tried to warn you when you asked what are my motives.

"Nothing is as soft as water.
Yet, who can withstand the raging flood"?

You don't own shyte. Not even your own emotions or demented mind.
Which you have control over neither.

O, and by the way, Jeet Kune Do coupled with Isshin-Ryu, best style of mixed Martial Arts and street fighting styles.
You're still yammering about Wang Chung styles.

I am, of course, using allegory.

"Fill yourself with desire and see only illusion, empty yourself of desire and understand the great mystery of things".

I doubt you can grasp The Philosophical concept of fighting.

Bitch With Boobs, Balls & Brains, OWT!
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WOULDA DONE BETTER TO SAY NUTHIN' AN' JUS' LET THE DEBIL STEW, BUT YOU CHOSE TO TRY AN' PLAY WITH HIM WITH YOU PINK UNIFORM AN' YOU NINJA DEATH TOUCH SHIT. AN' NOW DEBIL OWN YOU ASS. NOT CAUSE OF ANYTHING HE DONE YET, JUS' CAUSE EVERYBODY CAN ALREADY SEE YOU NO GOOD AT THIS... OR ANYTHING, HUH? GO PICK SOME PEAS. COME BACK WHEN YOU BALLS POP OUT. BITCH.
Mile

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Obama on Stewart talking about Libya.

"Sometimes you screw up and you fix it"

What exactly did you screw up Mr President!

Perhaps he just did? Again!
tampons 4 obama

Blanchard, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, HONEY. YOURS.
For an immortal and highly intelligent being with many millions of souls to ruin you are easily distracted by tampon talk....
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not insane; it is sane.
Insane is voting for Romney/Ryan who want to take womens rights away that were fought so hard for.
Let me guess; you're another inadequate woman hater, right?
When you hear this kind of talk, do you get all excited in anticipation that a woman won't be your boss? That women can be raped and forced to have the rapist baby? You'll finally feel like a man, even though you'll never be one?
Real men love women, support them, protect their rights. Democrats.
You're wearing a vagina costume, aren't you?
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly...he mentioned the fact that there are always a lot of those pesky secret service agents, lacking horses and a sense of humor for wee lads, around. LOL Thompson's son calls him a Kenyan on camera now Tagg goes on record wanting to hit him...this last generation of republicans seems to be as hopeless as those of the Mafia.
President Romney..44 states...400+ electoral votes...filibuster proof senate...President Reagan...Carter...1980...Jan 20, 2013...repeal ObamaCare

PA SHOCK POLL: R 49% O 45%...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,609
ABU PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SESSI... 2 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min RACE 97,529
ABSU PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SESS... 5 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
AAUA PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SESS... 12 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Mothra 45,790
UNIPORT PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 S... 18 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Amy 7-24 20 min Toj 23
Abby 7-24 11 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search