Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,012)

Showing posts 720,221 - 720,240 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

The Good Reverend Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
I Agree with you, he should take care of his brother.I honestly don't understand why he doesn't.
I also don't understand why Mr Romney, a good American who cares for 100% of all Americans, won't share his secret for fixing this country for all of us unless he's elected. It would seem a good American who cares for 100% of Americans would have already shared his secret with the current administration. Why is Mr Romney not helping us right now? If I held those secrets, you could bet I'd be more than happy to share them for the good of my country. Wouldn't you?
GTFOOTW.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

.... easily the biggest and most historic exchange of the night began with what could have been the president's most vulnerable segment. The Libya section.

First, unlike George W. Bush, the president took full blame for any failure to prevent the attack on the consulate in Benghazi. I can't possibly imagine Bush taking the blame for Iraq or 9/11 -- or anything for that matter. "I'm the president and I'm always responsible, and that's why nobody's more interested in finding out exactly what happened than I do," Obama said with conviction, strength and humility.

Next, the president literally shamed Romney's flagrant politicization of the attacks. He turned to Romney, stared him in the eye, pointed direct at the Republican and said, "And the suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the Secretary of State, our U.N. Ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we've lost four of our own, governor, is offensive. That's not what we do. That's not what I do as president, that's not what I do as Commander in Chief."

You could almost hear the applause from Obama campaign headquarters all across the nation. It was just one of those moments. An Aaron Sorkin movie moment.

But it only grew from there.

At this point, Romney thought he trapped the president on whether the president regarded Benghazi as a terrorist attack, and so he stepped in for what he thought would be a classic gotcha moment. Romney approached the president and asked for confirmation whether the president called the attacks "acts of terror" during his Rose Garden address the morning after the consulate was hit.

This is when someone on Romney's staff blew it big time and gave him the wrong information. Romney was likely advised that Obama didn't use the phrase "acts of terror" the next morning when, in fact, he had.

Obama was clearly tracking with this. He knew what was about to happen. He knew Romney was going to lie about what the president said, and so when Obama said, "Please proceed governor," he may as well have said, "Please feel free to embarrass yourself on national television, governor, because I'm going to nail you on this."

And then both Obama and Candy Crowley crushed Romney.

Boom. The audience once again laughed and applauded. But then, with misplaced audacity and a compulsion for lying that's almost unparalleled in American presidential politics, Romney repeated the lie as if Crowley and the president hadn't just debunked it on television. "It took them a long time to say this was a terrorist act by a terrorist group," he said. Nope. It was the very next day, Mr. Romney.

This was arguably one of those historic debate sequences which I believe will be replayed for many years to come. The challenger, riding a wave of solid polls following a strong first debate, imploded on the national stage. Not only was he scolded by the president for being small and petty, but he was trapped in a lie and wasn't really able to recover.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/obama...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

One of the telling moments during last night’s debate was Romney’s response to the question about his differences with George W. Bush. He tried to distance himself from Bush on energy, trade, deficits, and Republican support for “big business.” Some of these differences aren’t real and some aren’t significant, but those are the things that Romney chose to emphasize as his biggest differences with Bush. The woman asking the question also referred to “international problems” that she blamed on the Bush administration, and expressed her fear of a return to Bush-era policies. It should have been easy for him to say,“My foreign policy will differ significantly from that of President Bush in the following ways.” He didn’t address that part of her question, perhaps because he didn’t see a way he could reassure the questioner without alarming his supporters, or perhaps because it didn’t occur to him that he needed to distance himself from Bush’s foreign policy failures.

It would be reasonable for the questioner and the public to conclude from his response that there aren’t any major differences between Romney and Bush on foreign policy. That is what all of the other evidence to date confirms, and given the opportunity to distinguish himself on foreign policy Romney opted to talk about other things. Romney could correct that oversight in Monday’s debate, but I wouldn’t count on it. If losing the foreign policy debate means that Romney “probably won’t win” the election, as Kristol says, then Romney probably won’t win.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>Sick, disrespectful, and unAmerican. Shameful comment. You are an embarrassment to any political party.
Talking to yourself again, I see.

There is help for most mental illness, just not yours.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Bill Kristol: "Foreign policy isn’t Romney’s natural subject. It’s not his comfort zone."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/deserve-v...

"So if Romney can't win the foreign policy debate, he probably won't win."

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>That, my friend, is so far from any form of the truth. You remain however, a true Republican. Axis II?
Thankfully and typically, you are wrong.

Based on your post, you are doing well in your ESL class.

Not a Republican.

Don't you get tired of being wrong?
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
But wait, what about all that money Romney wants to gift the military????
to be used where of value, which does not include Afghanistan.....
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
"Mr. President, Governor Romney, as a 20-year-old college student, all I hear from professors, neighbors and others is that when I graduate, I will have little chance to get employment," began Jeremy Epstein, the evening's first questioner. "What can you say to reassure me, but more importantly my parents, that I will be able to sufficiently support myself after I graduate?"
This was the question that set the tone.
and Hussein Obama went on to talk about Midwest auto factory jobs to a Long Island college student....
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick, disrespectful, and unAmerican. Shameful comment. You are an embarrassment to any political party.
ask a stupid question, get an appropriate response.....besides, gotta get to work to support an army of moochers.....
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Grossly untrue. Nobama speaks crap consistently.
absolute fact that neither member of the royal family is still licensed to practice law....
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
Bill Kristol: "Foreign policy isn’t Romney’s natural subject. It’s not his comfort zone."
One word: Benghazi

One more for good measure: Lies

Very similar to the 23 million unemployed, 47 million on food stamps, median family income down $5k, 1 in 6 in poverty, and 5 trillion in Obama debt which Obama has no answer for, Romney will embarrass Obama merely by reciting his foreign policy record.

Hey, maybe Obama will finally reveal his superior plans for a second term? Any idea why we've heard nothing?
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
absolute fact that neither member of the royal family is still licensed to practice law....
So what's the sonofabitch going to do when he's kicked back to Chicago? Will he become number 47,000,001 on foodstamps? LOL I predict he'll take Elizabeth's place on Da View ... they need a little more color.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Ah, Benghazi, the albatross around Da Bammy's neck for Monday night's third Romney win.

... an ambassoador and three other Americans are murdered, and where was "the president? Vegas, baby, Vegas!... then off to Colorado for another asskissin' contest.... something symbolic about that, says President-elect Romney.

Bammy, why did you push a movie trailer nobody saw for a whole bunch of days after 9/11? <hint: failure>

Goodbye, farewell, adios ... you're toast!

LOL
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

... ambassador ... but you knew that.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Hello, human diary. It is I, Mitt Romney, your better.
The debate last night did not go as well as I had presumed it would. The presidential unit was considerably more vigorous in spirit than last time. My chair was very uncomfortable, and not the right height. I had complained beforehand about the chair, and they allowed me to practice sitting in it, but refused to diminish its height.

The president was very rude to me last night. I repeatedly demanded he answer my questions of him, but he refused—even though I am certain he is aware of my position as a unit of prominent wealth. He insisted on talking when I did not want them to. He accused me of having policy positions on things that I am fairly certain I have never recently admitted having policy positions on. Even the moderator was rude to me.

Given the circumstances, I have found myself seriously considering my earlier supposition that the vice president, Joe Biden, is a warlock. Things were going quite well in the week before his debate with Mini-Mitt, but since then, things have gone less well. Has Joe Biden put a curse on our campaign? I still have not gotten a clear answer on what malarkey means, but I am beginning to have suspicions.

I asked the staff about the possibility that Joe Biden had done something to make the chairs at the debate grow taller than they otherwise should have been. They said nothing (but I cannot help but notice that an uncanny number of events of late have revolved around chairs). Similarly, the president's shift in behavior from the first debate to the second is extremely suspicious; again, my staff declined comment. They have been very quiet today.
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Bain Capital’s billions of profits were not rewards for capitalist creation; they were mostly windfalls collected from gambling in markets that were rigged to rise. Mitt Romney is not a businessman; Mitt Romney is a master financial speculator who bought, sold, flipped, and stripped businesses. He did not build enterprises the old-fashioned way – out of inspiration, perspiration, and a long slog in the free market fostering a new product, service, or process of production. Instead, he spent his 15 years raising debt in prodigious amounts on Wall Street so that Bain could purchase the pots and pans and castoffs of corporate America, leverage them to the hilt, gussy them up as reborn, very much like a used car lot (Wall Street calls them “roll-ups”) and then deliver them back to Wall Street for resale – the faster the better.
That is the modus operandi of the leveraged-buyout business, and in an honest free-market economy, there wouldn’t be much scope for it because it creates little of economic value. But we have a rigged system – a regime of crony capitalism – where the tax code heavily favors debt and capital gains, and the central bank purposefully enables rampant speculation by propping up the price of financial assets and battering down the cost of leveraged finance.

Report of job losses at Bain Capital-invested companies:
ADAP/Auto Palace:-200 jobs; AMF Bowling:-271 jobs*; AMPAD:-385 jobs; Closings Ltd.:-300 jobs; Dade International:-2,700 jobs; Ddi:-2,100 jobs*; EduServ Technologies:-1000 jobs; FTD:-2050 jobs; GS Industries:-950 jobs*; GT Bicycles:-1000 jobs*; Handbag Holdings:-606 jobs; Holson Burnes:-694 jobs; The Learning Company:-1000 jobs; LIVE Entertainment:-400 jobs; Midwest Of Cannon Falls:-450 jobs; MotherCare Stores:-1000 jobs; Physio Control:-500 jobs; Transtar:-2,000 jobs; Waters Lab Technologies:-700 jobs; Wesley Jessen:-900 jobs. TOTAL 19,200!
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10...
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
Maybe if he starts with an apology tour featuring a lot of bowing he'll make it. Or how about stepping over dead American bodies since they are just bumps in the road? Or how about emboldening our enemies by cutting of his balls. Maybe he could give Putin a wink, wink - nudge, nudge and be more flexible. Hey, cutting the military to the bone might help. Yep, looks like a rough road ahead.
krissy

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/18/us-...

Housing starts surge in positive sign for economy

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Obama tells so many lies that he can't keep track of them. Not that he worries terribly about it. He won't lose sleep over being a pathological liar what with so many acolytes scurrying around making him feel entitled to be as much of an ass as he pleases.
Obama's win was only in the minds of the seriously self-deluded. Any debater who needs the moderator to sabotage his opponent is the obvious mental deficient of the two.
"No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar." - Abraham Lincoln
I promise you that there is something very stinky in the State of Denmark regarding the embassy attack. Hilary is responsible for the security for all U.S. embassies on foreign soil, but the ambassadors report directly to the president with whatever they feel is important for him to hear. Her finally admitting responsibility, now, is only to ensure Obama's re-election and her continued romp in the White House. It galls her no end to take the bullet for the CIC but she loves the status of SOS. After all, if something happens to the POS and VP she gets to play president like she's always wanted.
Sorry about the ramble, but something doesn't smell right. I've learned from experience that many times what appears to be only coincidence turns out to be the result of purposeful intent. The Benghazi embassy was in far too volatile an area for Hilary to allow for a minimum of security. I refuse to believe a woman as canny as her, who has now spent 12 years in the White House, could be that casual about guarding the security of a U.S. diplomat. Puhleeze.
Go with your gut.....

A person old enough to have accumulated some wisdom through experience can successfully rely on 'instincts' quite often.

In your case, 69 years makes you very qualified in this regard:}
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
Bain Capital’s billions of profits were not rewards for capitalist creation; they were mostly windfalls collected from gambling in markets that were rigged to rise. Mitt Romney is not a businessman; Mitt Romney is a master financial speculator who bought, sold, flipped, and stripped businesses. He did not build enterprises the old-fashioned way – out of inspiration, perspiration, and a long slog in the free market fostering a new product, service, or process of production. Instead, he spent his 15 years raising debt in prodigious amounts on Wall Street so that Bain could purchase the pots and pans and castoffs of corporate America, leverage them to the hilt, gussy them up as reborn, very much like a used car lot (Wall Street calls them “roll-ups”) and then deliver them back to Wall Street for resale – the faster the better.
That is the modus operandi of the leveraged-buyout business, and in an honest free-market economy, there wouldn’t be much scope for it because it creates little of economic value. But we have a rigged system – a regime of crony capitalism – where the tax code heavily favors debt and capital gains, and the central bank purposefully enables rampant speculation by propping up the price of financial assets and battering down the cost of leveraged finance.
Report of job losses at Bain Capital-invested companies:
ADAP/Auto Palace:-200 jobs; AMF Bowling:-271 jobs*; AMPAD:-385 jobs; Closings Ltd.:-300 jobs; Dade International:-2,700 jobs; Ddi:-2,100 jobs*; EduServ Technologies:-1000 jobs; FTD:-2050 jobs; GS Industries:-950 jobs*; GT Bicycles:-1000 jobs*; Handbag Holdings:-606 jobs; Holson Burnes:-694 jobs; The Learning Company:-1000 jobs; LIVE Entertainment:-400 jobs; Midwest Of Cannon Falls:-450 jobs; MotherCare Stores:-1000 jobs; Physio Control:-500 jobs; Transtar:-2,000 jobs; Waters Lab Technologies:-700 jobs; Wesley Jessen:-900 jobs. TOTAL 19,200!
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10...
Excellent!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 720,221 - 720,240 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min STEFANO COLONNA 65,217
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min wojar 167,697
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Jack 3,785
Happy Easter Chicago 9 dead 1 hr joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 43,043
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr DoDaDoDaDay 47,081
Great Chicago Fire Was Japan's Conspiracy (Jun '11) 2 hr yasuo 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Catfish Hunter 96,157
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••